Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492529 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by vbaba(m): 9:48pm On Apr 07, 2018
OmoBendel24:

Did biometrics where please?

Dat i m goin to do biometric at American embassy in Lagos, not i hav gotten d visa already, but wat I was told.
D person said i m nt payng any money, bt i m payng d visa fees myself @GTB
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:54pm On Apr 07, 2018
vbaba:

Dat i m goin to do biometric at American embassy in Lagos, not i hav gotten d visa already, but wat I was told.

THIS THREAD IS FOR PEOPLE WITH U.S VISA AND WITH PLAN TO TRAVEL TO US.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Osama10(m): 11:25pm On Apr 07, 2018
seyewest:

Nice one... enjoy your stay.

Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by winterstorm: 12:05am On Apr 08, 2018
vbaba:

Which kind yamayama Wahala and talk be all this one sef undecided
Bro any road that is crooked is not straight, in fact ,it can never be.... E.g light blue is not blue(e get en own name).
Kindly open this page and show my comment to that your "person", tell him I said he should not DAMAGE your already SLIM chance of getting into the US .
Otherwise, the ban wey dey come your way don dey gym inside Jamaica for the past ten years or all its lifetime and na only you en go face.

That said, Oya come carry this talk comot from this side make i see road ,before others go see am think say na legit grin wink

6 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by De9key: 2:22am On Apr 08, 2018
Please i would like to know if Virgin Atlantic has this kinda program for their passangers too as my stopover is more than 10 hours too.
Clefayomide:

@seyewest. Pls what's an emirates stop over program?

No mind my question o as I neva pass seme border b4 grin
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2018
vbaba:
Hello, i hav found dis trend very interesting, educatng and informative, pls i want pple wit experience and knowledge abt the issue of (non-appearance US visa), frm Naija hear.
Pls wil der be problm at d Point Of Entry or der wil nt b problm? tx

Bros, if you are not doing dropbox, do you belong to any of these categories?

Applying for a Visa Without an Interview
You may be eligible to apply for a visa without appearing in person for an interview.

Category 1:

Foreign Government Officials traveling on official government business

International Organizations Representatives (e.g. United Nations, World Bank)

Category 2:

Certain Polish applicants residing in Poland, who are applying for B1/B2 visas are eligible for a waiver of interview.

Travelers over the age of 80 who were not refused a visa at their last interview

Certain children under the age of 14 who were not refused a visa at their last interview

If not, it's most likely you are being duped!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ayenikunle: 12:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
A colleague's POE at IAH, Houston

OFFICER: Good evening, what are you doing in the us?
HER: To attend a conference.
OFFICER: Takes her biometrics and stamped her in for 6 months.

That's all.

She was interviewed by only one officer.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by winterstorm: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2018
ayenikunle:

Bros, if you are not doing dropbox, do you belong to any of these categories?

Applying for a Visa Without an Interview
You may be eligible to apply for a visa without appearing in person for an interview.

Category 1:

Foreign Government Officials traveling on official government business

International Organizations Representatives (e.g. United Nations, World Bank)

Category 2:

Certain Polish applicants residing in Poland, who are applying for B1/B2 visas are eligible for a waiver of interview.

Travelers over the age of 80 who were not refused a visa at their last interview

Certain children under the age of 14 who were not refused a visa at their last interview

If not, it's most likely you are being duped!

That too.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2018
De9key:
Please i would like to know if Virgin Atlantic has this kinda program for their passangers too as my stopover is more than 10 hours too.

I don't think so but you can apply for a transit visa if you want to leave the airport before boarding your next flight.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2018
seyewest:

I don't think so but you can apply for a transit visa if you want to leave the airport before boarding your next flight.

They do, she can. But 10hrs may not be a good case as approval is at the UKBA officer's discretion. US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia valid visa holders on their way into or out of these countries can apply to enter the UK for less than 48hrs if passing through the UK....

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2018
OmoBendel24:

They do, she can. But 10hrs may not be a good case as approval is at the UKBA officer's discretion. US, Canada, New Zealand and Australia valid visa holders on their way into or out of these countries can apply to enter the UK for less than 48hrs if passing through the UK....

Exactly but coming from Nigeria I doubt if they will grant the visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Houston28: 11:54pm On Apr 08, 2018
Who's travelling to Houston around the end of April?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by De9key: 4:34am On Apr 09, 2018
Thanks, I appreciate. How do I apply please as the wait is actually 23hours, so at least I tried.

seyewest:

Exactly but coming from Nigeria I doubt if they will grant the visa.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 8:52am On Apr 09, 2018
De9key:
Thanks, I appreciate. How do I apply please as the wait is actually 23hours, so at least I tried.

Kindly note that if your application succeeds, there's no free accommodation, feeding nor transport, it's all expense on you. The approval to ENTER is what this is about. Read below and understand

TRANSITING WITHOUT A VISA

You might be eligible for ‘transit without visa’ if:

*you arrive and depart by air
*have a confirmed onward flight that leaves on the day you arrive or before midnight on the day after you arrive
*have the right documents for your destination (eg a visa for that country)
One of the following must also apply:

*you’re travelling to (or on part of a reasonable journey to) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
*you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and have a valid visa for that country
*you’re travelling from (or on part of a reasonable journey from) Australia, Canada, New Zealand or the USA and it’s less than 6 months since you last entered that country with a valid entry visa
*you have a residence permit issued by Australia or New Zealand
*you have a common format residence permit issued by an European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland
*you have a residence permit issued by Canada issued after 28 June 2002
*you have a uniform format category D visa for entry to a country in the EEA or Switzerland
*you have an Irish biometric visa (marked ‘BC’ or ‘BC BIVS’ in the ‘Remarks’ section) and an onward flight ticket to the Republic of Ireland
*you’re travelling from the Republic of Ireland and it’s less than 3 months since you were last given permission, on the basis of holding a valid Irish biometric visa, to land or be in Ireland
*you have a valid USA permanent residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998
you have a valid USA I-551 Temporary Immigrant visa issued by the USA (a wet-ink stamp version will not be accepted)
*you have an expired USA I-551 Permanent Residence card issued by the USA on or after 21 April 1998, with a valid I-797 letter authorising extension
*you have a valid standalone US Immigration Form 155A/155B issued by the USA (attached to a sealed brown envelope)

You won’t be able to transit without a visa if a Border Force officer decides you don’t qualify under the immigration rules. You can apply for a transit visa before you travel if you’re unsure whether you qualify for transiting without a visa
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 9:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
My POE experience goes thus royal air maroc wasn't bad after all i will give them an 8 star ranking. I had 3hours stopover at casblanca morocco the plane was full to the brim everytime I think Nigerian and Americans really like the airline to cut the long story short after an 8 hours flight over the Atlantic we arrived new York around 7pm we had to que but later the cops told me to go to another que I was interviewed by this cute African American girl she was nice and polite but she questioned why I had not paid for my hotel she asked why i did the booking only so I was told to go. So after getting my luggage I was told by another woman she asked to see my passport so I removed it from my jacket and gave her immidately so she told to go and I was stopped again by another cop who checked the same document after leaving there I decided to put my wallet, passports, my wallet, my ATM passport, drivers license and other valuables in my hand luggage that was my biggest mistake, i left the airport after taking my first two step I was stopped by this huge guy who told me to stop and follow him becauseI thought he was another cop so I was followed him to his escalade he was actually a cab man so he told me he was ready to take me anywhere at first I was nervous because I thought to my I don't even know you but later i summoned courage and followed him after like five minutes drive we got to the car barrier so he told me to give him money I told him my wallet was in his trunk so I gave him 100$ and he paid 35$ and he gave me the change. He said I should pay him 350$ I thought he said 35$, he was adamant about the amount of money. So later he started saying the money was not his, later he started threatening me that he will call the police he said I should give him 100$ first I gave him then later he told me too add 250$ I didn't not answer him so I told to drop me off which he did immidately little did I know the newyork train station was opposite JFK airport I asked for direction so I went inside because this is my first time in new York i missed my way i walked aimlessly for about 2hours finally I got into the train and after like 7mins I got to new jersey train station and I asked a black dude where I could get a sim card because my stupid Airtel sim that I roamed wasn't working my luggage was already spoilt becsuse i was walking aimlessly everywhere so begged a cop to help me kerp my bag I also told a black dude to help me watch it i was gone for about five minutes when I came back my hand luggage was gone. The luggage contained the my wallet, my passports., 2 phones and other valuables so I reported the matter to the cops they told me they will check the security camera. I just got back from there right now they said the police report will he ready on Friday. Model of my long story is American cops don't like black at all so be careful with your belongings. Sorry about the typo. SHALOM

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Neljiggy:
My POE experience goes thus royal air maroc I just got back from there right now they said the police report will he ready on Friday. Model of my long story is American cops don't like black at all so be careful with your belongings. Sorry about the typo. SHALOM

Are you serious? Is this a joke or what? Come on be serious now.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by OmoBendel24: 10:12pm On Apr 09, 2018
Neljiggy:
My POE experience goes thus....

i left the airport after taking my first two step I was stopped by this huge guy who told me to stop and follow him becauseI thought he was another cop so I was followed him to his escalade he was actually a cab man so he told me he was ready to take me anywhere at first I was nervous because I thought to my I don't even know you but later i summoned courage and followed him after like five minutes drive we got to the car barrier so he told me to give him money I told him my wallet was in his trunk so I gave him 100$ and he paid 35$ and he gave me the change. He said I should pay him 350$ I thought he said 35$, he was adamant about the amount of money. So later he started saying the money was not his, later he started threatening me that he will call the police he said I should give him 100$ first I gave him then later he told me too add 250$ I didn't not answer him so I told to drop me off which he did immidately little did I know the newyork train station was opposite JFK airport I asked for direction so I went inside because this is my first time in new York i missed my way i walked aimlessly for about 2hours finally I got into the train and after like 7mins I got to new jersey train station and I asked a black dude where I could get a sim card because my stupid Airtel sim that I roamed wasn't working my luggage was already spoilt becsuse i was walking aimlessly everywhere so begged a cop to help me kerp my bag I also told a black dude to help me watch it i was gone for about five minutes when I came back my hand luggage was gone. The luggage contained the my wallet, my passports., 2 phones and other valuables so I reported the matter to the cops they told me they will check the security camera. I just got back from there right now they said the police report will he ready on Friday. Model of my long story is American cops don't like black at all so be careful with your belongings. Sorry about the typo. SHALOM

No sir! Your JJC game is just top-notch please, I say this for lack of words.... You sound young and of this "age" na. No research at all? All your experiences as narrated here about from the moment you stepped out of the airport is driving me crazy.... Is it not JFK that loads of the announcement you hear blaring left, right, centre and back are more of security tips?

Well, lesson learned by you I presume. Pretty sorry about your experience, WELCOME TO AMERICA like they will say!

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 10:38pm On Apr 09, 2018
seyewest:

Are you serious? Is this a joke or what? Come on be serious now.
Bruf seyewest that was exactly what happen no addition no subtraction I'm dead serious
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Neljiggy:

Bruf seyewest that was exactly what happen no addition no subtraction I'm dead serious

Nawa I weak so how're you holding up? how're you managing? You need to go to the Nigerian Embassy to apply for another passport and meanwhile notify the U.S Govt(I don't know which of them at the moment) about the issue.... Meanwhile you need to be very very careful I pray someone is not using your info.
Good luck.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 2:26am On Apr 10, 2018
seyewest:

Nawa I weak so how're you holding up? how're you managing? You need to go to the Nigerian Embassy to apply for another passport and meanwhile notify the U.S Govt(I don't know which of them at the moment) about the issue.... Meanwhile you need to be very very careful I pray someone is not using your info.
Good luck.
Thank you seyewest I'm very grateful thank you for your uttermost concern I will wait for any development from the police dept @ new ark then I will proceed nigerian immigration at new York thank you I will keep you posted.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 2:31am On Apr 10, 2018
[quote author=OmoBendel24 post=66574719]

No sir! Your JJC game is just top-notch please, I say this for lack of words.... You sound young and of this "age" na. No research at all? All your experiences as narrated here about from the moment you stepped out of the airport is driving me crazy.... Is it not JFK that loads of the announcement you hear blaring left, right, centre and back are more of security tips?

Well, lesson learned by you I presume. Pretty sorry about your experience, WELCOME TO AMERICA like they willforget that jjc matter at least I travel lled to @ least 5 countries united kingdom, Dubai, Cyprus, Qatar and south Africa. I know south African thieves can steal your head from your body. I don't think I'm young also I will also be going to Canada for my masters very soon because I actually came for a conference in new jersey but that plan has been shattered thank you for your concern though. SHALOM
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by nigeriainfo: 5:33am On Apr 10, 2018
Oga seye, how are you doing?thanks for the good job.I was one of you guys on nairaland before. please I can help the guy that lost his passport. I am currently in Newyork. He should should drop his contact here and I will let him know what to do. Thank you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by keni: 10:54am On Apr 10, 2018
@Neljiggy

Did you actually do all that? I mean am weak bros, even when I got to my hotel in New York and saw a big Nigeria carnival going on down the street, I went to join them yet I refused to mingle or talk to anyone as I was still being careful anyway. we learn everyday sha

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Neljiggy: 11:20am On Apr 10, 2018
Lmaooo you did well yes we learn everyday
keni:
@Neljiggy

Did you actually do all that? I mean am weak bros, even when I got to my hotel in New York and saw a big Nigeria carnival going on down the street, I went to join them yet I refused to mingle or talk to anyone as I was still being careful anyway. we learn everyday sha
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by eleven(m): 12:52pm On Apr 10, 2018
Neljiggy:
My POE experience goes thus royal air maroc wasn't bad after all i will give them an 8 star ranking. I had 3hours stopover at casblanca morocco the plane was full to the brim everytime I think Nigerian and Americans really like the airline to cut the long story short after an 8 hours flight over the Atlantic we arrived new York around 7pm we had to que but later the cops told me to go to another que I was interviewed by this cute African American girl she was nice and polite but she questioned why I had not paid for my hotel she asked why i did the booking only so I was told to go. So after getting my luggage I was told by another woman she asked to see my passport so I removed it from my jacket and gave her immidately so she told to go and I was stopped again by another cop who checked the same document after leaving there I decided to put my wallet, passports, my wallet, my ATM passport, drivers license and other valuables in my hand luggage that was my biggest mistake, i left the airport after taking my first two step I was stopped by this huge guy who told me to stop and follow him becauseI thought he was another cop so I was followed him to his escalade he was actually a cab man so he told me he was ready to take me anywhere at first I was nervous because I thought to my I don't even know you but later i summoned courage and followed him after like five minutes drive we got to the car barrier so he told me to give him money I told him my wallet was in his trunk so I gave him 100$ and he paid 35$ and he gave me the change. He said I should pay him 350$ I thought he said 35$, he was adamant about the amount of money. So later he started saying the money was not his, later he started threatening me that he will call the police he said I should give him 100$ first I gave him then later he told me too add 250$ I didn't not answer him so I told to drop me off which he did immidately little did I know the newyork train station was opposite JFK airport I asked for direction so I went inside because this is my first time in new York i missed my way i walked aimlessly for about 2hours finally I got into the train and after like 7mins I got to new jersey train station and I asked a black dude where I could get a sim card because my stupid Airtel sim that I roamed wasn't working my luggage was already spoilt becsuse i was walking aimlessly everywhere so begged a cop to help me kerp my bag I also told a black dude to help me watch it i was gone for about five minutes when I came back my hand luggage was gone. The luggage contained the my wallet, my passports., 2 phones and other valuables so I reported the matter to the cops they told me they will check the security camera. I just got back from there right now they said the police report will he ready on Friday. Model of my long story is American cops don't like black at all so be careful with your belongings. Sorry about the typo. SHALOM

I am sorry about your experience and thank you for sharing it here. It’s a lesson for us all. No one is perfect, anyone can be vulnerable at any time depending on your state of mind and events before or after. I am sure a lot of us reading this will benefit from your sad experience. I wish you success and strength in recovering your stolen items. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 1:07pm On Apr 10, 2018
For the record... The moment you submitted or your slip is collected from you by the CBP officer.. I believe no one has the right to stop you and even if anyone will stop you the person will be in uniform. I'm sorry about what happened but the truth is you fell for the driver scam.... Go to Nigeria Embassy asap even though the Police Dept is not forthcoming with useful info.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 6:30pm On Apr 10, 2018
Sorry to hear about this horrible experience in NY. Hopefully everything works out for you.

PS. I am surprised that anyone that has read these forums could be taken for such a "ride".

Neljiggy:
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bolaji8552: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2018
Hello roomies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.
Pls who has the idea of questions they might ask us at the point of entry and will they ask of my parents.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by TheCongo2: 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolaji8552:
Hello roomies, I got a US b1/b2 visa with my family in 2015.My parents just left last year August and they have stayed over six months.i and my sister are preparing to join them this month ending.
Pls who has the idea of questions they might ask us at the point of entry and will they ask of my parents.

Did your parents overstay?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bolaji8552: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolaji8552 :
Yes they over stayed @ TheCongo 2
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 10:29pm On Apr 10, 2018
Bolaji8552:

I hope your parent are back in the country? if not why did they overstay? are you planning to move to U.S?

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.