Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,822 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Beware: Men Who Mocked God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Beware: Men Who Mocked God (12162 Views)

Famous People Who Mocked God & What Happened To Them! A Must Read / Don't Ever Dare God, Read What Happened To People Who Mocked God! / Examples Of What Happened When Famous People Challenged And Mocked God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Nezan(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2009
mazaje:

All these mocking of god anecdotal tales. I remember back in the days when I was in Kano Nigeria and some of my moslem friends used the pages of the bible(Gidieon's new testament bible) to wrap their weed and smoke. Yours truly was a Christian back then and I secretly used to wish that god will teach them a lesson and make them go mad for that act of sacrilege  grin grin. The never went mad instead the continued smoking and smoking using the pages of the bible to wrap their weed all the time. . . . .Christians mock allah daily Moslems mock the trinity and the god of the christans daily while atheist mock all the gods all the time and nothing has ever happened and nothing will ever happen to them.

God was giving them time to repent as is the case with many atheists on this forum, BTW, do you know what latter happened to them?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Nezan(m): 3:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
viaro:

@neotic, my good friend, that is not true. Quite a few times while surfing the net on Lennon, search engines led me to Nairaland where several posters already posted the same thing. Here are a few -

[list]Do Yhu Know These Facts? - by Missy B

Top Earning Dead Celebrities - by spikedcylinder

Mocking God? - by layi

I Do Not Believe in God - by kaylala

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes - by Jungle Queen

What The Bible Says About Death - by Mamajama[/list]

I just thought you should know.

I know Noetic was referring to this article, not just on Lennox.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by mazaje(m): 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nezan:

God was giving them time to repent as is the case with many atheists on this forum, BTW, do you know what latter happened to them?

When did any god appear to you and tell you that he is giving them time to repent? They already have allah so they need not repent of anything that allah does not consider to be a sacrilege. I know very well what happened to them. We are still close friends allah has been taking very good care of them and protecting them.

lagerwhenindoubt:

GBAM!!. God has laid down the rules, Right or Wrong you choose and face the consequences. when and where-ever they happen. I doubt his style as recorded in the New Testament is as strict and exacting as in the days of Moses and teh Supreme Court. these days you have a system of Appeals and you can keep appealing just to delay your final judgment.

And you were there when god was lying down the rules eh? Interesting . . . . .
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by MyJoe: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2009
noetic15:

1. This piece has been in circulation on the internet for ages . . . but no one posted it on the forum. . .nezan did. . . .kudos to him for that.

2. again u speak with a vain and beclouded world view. it still remains the perrogative of God to do as He pleases. show mercy unto whom He pleases cos its not of he that willeth or runneth but of the Lord that sheweth mercy. What all of the above people have in common is their fame and willingness to openly mock God. This illustrates that they knew who God was and chose to disbelieve to the extent of publicly mocking Him. they would not be the first or the last.

3. quite unlike your distorted analysis. God is not a manual or text book that has a finite/limited or defined way of doing things. that explains why we say that His ways are numerous. So God's decision to strike one mocker today, another mocker 15 years later or to spare a mocker is not dependent on your flawed understanding of God, your preconceived notions or dogmas or your inherent misunderstanding of God's will.

4. again u goofed in the marthin luther king scenario. I ask u, what does the will of God entail? do u know if marthin had done all that God required of Him and His time was up?
True xtians do NOT fear death. . . . .for death is described as an ENEMY of Jehovah and the last enemy to be destroyed.
true xtians learn to submit and live by the will of God. . .do u know the will of God for martin?

You write well, noetic, but have said very little. Mocking men is inappropriate, much less God, but you are clearly either not comprehending the issue here or you are intentionally sidestepping it. Let me simplify it. The author of that piece is telling us, using anecdotes, that when you mock God he kills you. What you call "distorted analysis" shows clearly that these anecdotes do not prove anything. That you are simply reading too much into everyday occurrence and coincidences. (Someone has shown that many of the stories are twisted or outright lies. But let's assume they happened as reported.) People mock God and die. People mock God and prosper. People don't mock God and they die. People don't mock God and they don't die. Disprove this. God is God and does not need assassins to prove that. For those of you getting into hysterics over God allegedly sending an assassin to a pop star for saying his band is more popular among kids than Jesus, you are free to believe what you like, but hope not to score against atheists with these below-the-belt-blow stories because they won't wash with a kid of six. Have a great day.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by MyJoe: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2009
Double post.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Nezan(m): 4:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
mazaje:

When did any god appear to you and tell you that he is giving them time to repent? They already have allah so they need not repent of anything that allah does not consider to be a sacrilege. I know very well what happened to them. We are still close friends allah has been taking very good care of them and protecting them.

God has revealed all His words in the Bible. The fact they are still prospering is because God is still giving them time to repent (like you). God loves you.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by MyJoe: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nezan:

And nowhere did Nezan claim authorship.

You can see that these facts were verified on the net by Lagerwhenindoubt, so why spew out those useless comments.

What is of outmost concern is the veracity of those stories which can be verified on the net. Just google and you will see these are not lies.

Nezan is more interested in the verifiable facts than the prayer and wants the facts to be relayed on NL.
Our Nezan obviously wanted what happened to Lennox to be read on NL, maybe our Nezan thought prayer is his personal concern with his God.
God was giving him time to repent.
Bring out your evidences, not just conjecturing words from your computer.
As for the other mockers, God was giving them time for repentance, BTW, you are too insignificant to question God’s actions, remember Job?
God was giving her time for repentance. You shot yourself in the leg when you concluded that she was later murdered.

Facts were exposed, not verified, by largerhwenindoubt

I didn't conjure up that story - story makers, like those who compiled yours, obviously did. I could not verify it and only included it there in error after I thought I had deleted it, as this system is just now acting up.

Lennon did publicly apologise for what he said - probably good enough for God but not for militant American Evangelical Christians and their Nigerian counterparts. Sad.

Yeah. You fell into that trap. Hurry and add that woman's story to your list.

Nezan:

You can never order God, He only does what He wishes.

I agree wholly with this. You shoot this argument when you cobble unrelated events together and attribute them to God.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Kay17: 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
i thought he was loving? and he did not act according to defined rules? so why imply that mockery brings his wrath. yeah, what about the heavenly supreme judicial system, he should have waited for them to die on their own before judging them.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
ooooh, shocked now i get it. an anecdote, grin silly me. carry on
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by noetic15(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2009
viaro:

@neotic, my good friend, that is not true. Quite a few times while surfing the net on Lennon, search engines led me to Nairaland where several posters already posted the same thing. Here are a few -

[list]Do Yhu Know These Facts? - by Missy B

Top Earning Dead Celebrities  - by spikedcylinder

Mocking God? - by layi

I Do Not Believe in God - by kaylala

Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes - by Jungle Queen

What The Bible Says About Death - by Mamajama[/list]

I just thought you should know.

thanks cheesy . . . I am just seeing it on the forum for the first time though.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by noetic15(m): 6:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
mazaje:

What has this got to do with anything?

And your evidence that it was your god that stroke them to death is? . . . . . .I laugh, grin. What exactly is your god's will? Haven't you heard of stories about people who mocked allah and died because allah ''stroke'' them to death?

once again mazaje runs round in circle. . . . .but this time, I give up grin shocked shocked shocked

This is quite false because If Christians do not fear death as you claim they will not pray or cry to their god to protect them when they are in trouble or when they come face to face with death. What exactly is the will of your god for martin luther? The way this god hypothesis is framed does or offers no real explanation for anything if some thing god happens to a person it the will be termed as the will of god, If something bad happens to the same person it  will also be termed as the will of god, so what exactly is this will of god and how come it is only apologist that always lay claim to this elusive will of god?

I mentioned TRUE xtians and not xtians by name like u once were.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by mazaje(m): 6:38pm On Dec 15, 2009
noetic15:

once again mazaje runs round in circle. . . . .but this time, I give up grin shocked shocked shocked

I am only following your footsteps. . . grin

I mentioned TRUE xtians and not xtians by name like u once were.

Abeg go sleep joh grin grin. . . .The word christianity is subjective and depends on who is making the claim. . .There are various christians I know who will tell you to your face that you are lost and not one of them or that you are being mislead by your denomination. . . The is no universally acceptable form of christianity na just pick, chose and follow based on your own interpretation and dogmatic positions. . .
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by noetic15(m): 6:43pm On Dec 15, 2009
MyJoe:

You write well, noetic, but have said very little. Mocking men is inappropriate, much less God, but you are clearly either not comprehending the issue here or you are intentionally  sidestepping it. Let me simplify it. The author of that piece is telling us, using anecdotes, that when you mock God he kills you. What you call "distorted analysis" shows clearly that these anecdotes do not prove anything. That you are simply reading too much into[b] everyday occurrence and coincidences[/b]. (Someone has shown that many of the stories are twisted or outright lies. But let's assume they happened as reported.)

1.  There are over 100 instances in the book of psalms where David stated that the end of the wicked is destruction and the path of the wicked shall perish. But that does not suggest that once a person mocks God, he is struck to death, neither does it suggest that such a person would live. What happens to him/her still remains at the discretion of God. but be it in this world or the one to come judgement awaits such, unless they repent.

2. what u deduced as every day occurrences are what others deduced as an act of God. That it is an act of God CANNOT be faulted. . .while u are also entitled to make any conclusions.

People mock God and die. People mock God and prosper. People don't mock God and they die. People don't mock God and they don't die. Disprove this.

Now we seem to be on the same page. . . . the choice of what happens to such people remains the prerogative of GOD.

God is God and does not need assassins to prove that. For those of you getting into hysterics over God allegedly sending an assassin to a pop star for saying his band is more popular among kids than Jesus, you are free to believe what you like, but hope not to score against atheists with these below-the-belt-blow stories because they won't wash with a kid of six. Have a great day.

1. the above suggests that u have a complete understanding of God. . . .that notion is FALSE.

2. God can do as He pleases in numerous ways. remember that Jehovah is the LORD of HOSTS. . .and that include the hosts of heaven and the hosts of hell.

3. God did not have to send an assassin to a pop star, . . .all He had to do was a say a word of judgement to whoever.
my dear, as inconceivable as it may sound. . .God also still remains the God of both mercy and judgement. It is you that should choose what part of God u want to see. . . His mercy or His judgement.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by redsun(m): 9:27pm On Dec 15, 2009
Nezan:

Are you on weeds? How can I be pretending to be Jesus when I can never be?

You probably need to feel a bit i-ray to see the light.

Same jesus said it is finished,yet you are still in dogmatic bondage.

The old shall become new,reflect deep on that,maybe you will begin to  see the conventional christian doctrines as old.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by bawomolo(m): 2:15am On Dec 16, 2009
I guess the thread is supposed to get me scared. conversion by force.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by KunleOshob(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2009
It is actually preachers who twists God's word to make money that are mocking God.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Atheists: 9:53am On Dec 16, 2009
Is god that insecure and petty ? Instead of stopping genocide in Rwanda he is busy smiting people who mock him ?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:32pm On Dec 16, 2009
Atheists:

Is god that insecure and petty ? Instead of stopping genocide in Rwanda he is busy smiting people who mock him ?
I wonder!
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by viaro: 12:34pm On Dec 16, 2009
Atheists:

Instead of stopping genocide in Rwanda he is busy smiting people who mock him ?

How, in your exalted opinion, would God have stopped genocide?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Kay17: 1:52pm On Dec 16, 2009
probably like parting the sea for the Jews, or making manna rain. maybe because he was not appalled?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by noetic15(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
Atheists:

It beats me as to why God did not also stop u from displaying folly and malady with ur last post
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by rasputinn(m): 2:01pm On Dec 16, 2009
Very true
Thanks Nezan
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by rasputinn(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
noetic15:

It beats me as to why God did not also stop u from displaying folly and malady with your last post

God has taken note of it,just that His ways are not our ways,so leave noetic to God
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Atheists: 3:28pm On Dec 16, 2009
How, in your exalted opinion, would God have stopped genocide?

By smiting those who sowed the seeds of hatred ? Isn't this thread about all how god can order a hit on anyone ? grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Tudor6(f): 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2009
Nezan:

Are you drunk? John Lennox ridiculed God and Christianity and was shot to death. What makes my argument feeble?

Somebody challenged God and didn’t get away with it. You didn’t refute anything here.

God might have extended his years had he repented. God wanted him to repent but he didn’t and ended up in a shameful way.

The man ignored all the warnings because he was confident of the ship’s design and thought that not even God could sink the ship. We now know better- God sinked the ship.

Of the source of death I care less, what concerns me is her denial of Jesus and tragic end shortly after.

Yes, he sang that he was on the highway to hell and shortly after he died. These numerous occurrences are more than just coincidences.

God didn’t send anybody to kill her, she died as a result of ridiculing God.

Of all the facts I posted, only this can not be verified on the internet, that does not make it a lie. Not all incidences are documented on the net.

This guy is a hypocrite!

What is the difference between what your god has done here and what allah is doing in the ME?

Later you'll go to the islam board ranting how allah is a bloodthirsty demon.

Your god sank the titanic killing thousands, sent someone to shoot john lennon. . . .what is the difference between that and allah commanding osama bin ladden to blow up infidels?

These people are indeed deluded.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by viaro: 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
Atheists:

By smiting those who sowed the seeds of hatred ?

What?! Are you describing yourself in the highlight above? grin
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by MyJoe: 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2009
noetic15:

1.  There are over 100 instances in the book of psalms where David stated that the end of the wicked is destruction and the path of the wicked shall perish. But that does not suggest that once a person mocks God, he is struck to death, neither does it suggest that such a person would live. What happens to him/her still remains at the discretion of God. but be it in this world or the one to come judgement awaits such, unless they repent.

2. what u deduced as every day occurrences are what others deduced as an act of God. That it is an act of God CANNOT be faulted. . .while u are also entitled to make any conclusions.

Now we seem to be on the same page. . . . the choice of what happens to such people remains the prerogative of GOD.

1. the above suggests that u have a complete understanding of God. . . .that notion is FALSE.

2. God can do as He pleases in numerous ways. remember that Jehovah is the LORD of HOSTS. . .and that include the hosts of heaven and the hosts of hell.

3. God did not have to send an assassin to a pop star,  . . .all He had to do was a say a word of judgement to whoever.
my dear, as inconceivable as it may sound. . .God also still remains the God of both mercy and judgement. It is you that should choose what part of God u want to see. . . His mercy or His judgement.

I just saw this reply. Yeah, the OT did document a lot denunciation and destruction. However, your position that God did not have to send assassins is illogical and unsupported by scripture. Go pick your Bible and read about Belshazzar who "mocked" Yahweh by entertaining his horde of women with utensils from Israel's temple. Yahweh picked the Medes and the Persians to finish him off. Remember Cyrus, the Persian king who is said to have been mentioned before he was born? When the kids "mocked" Yahweh's anointed prophet, Elijah, two wild animals were promptly detailed by Yahweh to make a meal of them. And if I remember well, Ananais and his lying wife, as well as Herod, were done in by worms for "mocking" God. There are countless examples.

There can be no doubt that God had nothing to do with the death of Lennon and the others. In any case, for as many of the stories are true, the best one could have expected you Christians to do is to wonder if God had something to do with it and persevere in sincere prayers for mercy. Writing it down and waving it at passersby as evidence of the power of God is mendacious, nonsensical and counterproductive. Reducing God to bolekaja is a mockery of him.

But there is a comedy in all this. The NL gang of Christians, including you, noetic, is always ridiculing Allah, "mocking" him and calling him all sort of names. Are you guys so insular that you don't know that Allah is the semitic word for God which appears in Arabic and Hausa translations of the Bible?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Nezan(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2009
Tudór:

This guy is a hypocrite!

What is the difference between what your god has done here and what allah is doing in the ME?

Later you'll go to the islam board ranting how allah is a bloodthirsty demon.

Your god sank the titanic killing thousands, sent someone to shoot john lennon. . . .what is the difference between that and allah commanding osama bin ladden to blow up infidels?

These people are indeed deluded.

I wonder what happened to you that you have decided to be against everybody. What is the problem with this guy? Why is he now faking that he is female? Somebody with an answer?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Tudor6(f): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2009
Nezan:

I wonder what happened to you that you have decided to be against everybody. What is the problem with this guy? Why is he now faking that he is female? Somebody with an answer?
shut the fukc up and stick to issues at hand.

Are you not a hypocrite? What is the difference between yahweh sinking the titanic killing 1500 people and Allah commanding 9/11 killing many?
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Nezan(m): 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2009
Dont worry yourself, I know the identity crisis is getting to you. Yahweh is going to do more than the titanic saga on judgement day. Repent or you will not be spared.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by Tudor6(f): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2009
Nezan:

Dont worry yourself, I know the identity crisis is getting to you. Yahweh is going to do more than the titanic saga on judgement day. Repent or you will not be spared.
In other words yahweh is as savage, barbaric and bloodthirsty as Allah. . .thanks for admitting that.

Now I'll just bookmark this thread and refer you to it each time i see you belabouring the muslims.
Re: Beware: Men Who Mocked God by toneyb: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2009
Nezan:

Nice to know that fear of imaginary wrath is what rules your mind and controls your life. We are not afraid of the imaginary constructs and mythologies of primitive men, why can you guys get it into your heads?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No iota of doubt: homosexuality is Satan's greatest joy. / Pastor Kumuyi Urges Nollywood Stars To Use Talents With Judgment Day In Mind / Man Uses Adeboye’s Project To Swindle Investors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.