Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me (23790 Views)

Why ‘can I Sue My Employer?’ Is Often The Wrong Question / My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help / My Former Employer Is Yet To Remit My 23 Months Pension Fund To My RSA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Abdhul(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2017
I THOUGHT IT WAS A FEMALE FROM THE TOPIC
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Benjom(m): 8:13am On Mar 07, 2017
My guy, drive him into cow poo like 3 times... and come and share your testimony.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by IBreakRules: 8:14am On Mar 07, 2017
tellwisdom:
Somersault with him,maybe inside lagoon or river; but make sure you wear protection undecided

haaa!! this one na weyrey o! #stoner's advice
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by airminem(f): 8:14am On Mar 07, 2017
GreenPlumes:
I have a very strong, brand-new bike. My employer has two cars. But whenever he wants to beat traffic on his way to a very important meeting or transaction, he would fuel my bike, and ask me to transport him.

Because of this, he feels his fuel is inside my bike, and would ask me anytime to take him out without refueling until whenever he thinks his fuel might have been exhausted. This is affecting me, as he uses more fuel than he buys, not to talk of wear and tear on, and depreciation of my bike.

How do I confront him politely?

If You Are In Any Of D Areas Where Bikes Are Limited To Operate Like, You Said To Beat Trafic Which Major Cities Experience Daily, Just Tell Me The Bike Has Been Siezed By Lawenforcement(alausa Etc) Then See How He Reacts, First.
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by princeonx: 8:15am On Mar 07, 2017
Sell the bike and buy a car or bicycle!
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by DESTINY41(m): 8:17am On Mar 07, 2017
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by eezeribe(m): 8:18am On Mar 07, 2017
dahmie2013:
Op, I will advice u don't allow ur employer get d msg. U're even lucky he is fuelling it, some won't even do dat. If dat is d sacrifice u have a make 2 keep ur job, till u get anoda one, den so be it. Remember all these meetings are 2wards d growth & devt of d coy. It is also 2 ensure d payment of ur salary.

When u leave, dis act of kindness is what u will be remembered 4. As employees, we shudnt always be looking 4 what 2 take, but also how we can contribute 2 show some appreciatn 2 some individuals who decided 2 take d risks we cudnt.

If I were in ur shoes, I won't see it as taking advantage, but my own contributn 2 d company.

I know some places where d staff come 2 work on Saturdays, yet no overtime payment & dey work with so much gladness of heart.

May God give u d wisdom 2 make d right choice, cos I can imagine his expression or how he will fill d moment he gets d msg, u automatically enter his black book.
It is well!

100% correct.but it's only a few who have read books by Napoleon Hill and Brian Tracy,etc that would understand your point.
The average Nigerian Employee is a Taker,not a giver.
That's why foreign owned companies use and discard them like condom.
Only Federal civil service can contain their 'work ethics'.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by deebrain(m): 8:20am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:
Simple, stop taking the bike to work. Or take it to work, and park where it can NOT be seen. (DO NOT EVER ALLOW HIM FIND OUT)

Then tell him the bike is faulty. Do this 2 or 3 times. He will get the message.

It is cool to have him use your stuff (Could make you his favorite person), and you can easily get stuffs from him sometimes also.

It is Not cool, when he over uses you or the bike. Thats taking advantage.

Whichever way, Pls be diplomatic in your approach.

Cheers!

someone should give this poster a bottle of gulder.

I'd pay.
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by melejo(m): 8:20am On Mar 07, 2017
Op since he fills the bike just continue and forget about wear and tear or whatever. You really need cordial relationship with you're employer. You can't tell he might wake up in a day and buy you a new bike if that one goes bad, but even if he don't you will surely laugh last

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by danigbo(m): 8:22am On Mar 07, 2017
Mmm

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Epraize(m): 8:22am On Mar 07, 2017
Summoned him in your village meeting..
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by thunderbabs: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2017
Just ride at a 100km/hr with ur boss on the bike on the highway buh make sure you ve ur helmet on and with care buh race d bike to dt speed level.....he will fear for hz life
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Paddy247: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2017
tellwisdom:
Somersault with him,maybe inside lagoon or river; but make sure you wear protection undecided

Lwkmd... ok, so what will now become of d bike?
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Blessed96(f): 8:25am On Mar 07, 2017
Good morning, all.
How can a create and post a topic on NL please?
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by olagamalin(m): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:
Simple, stop taking the bike to work. Or take it to work, and park where it can NOT be seen. (DO NOT EVER ALLOW HIM FIND OUT)

Then tell him the bike is faulty. Do this 2 or 3 times. He will get the message.

It is cool to have him use your stuff (Could make you his favorite person), and you can easily get stuffs from him sometimes also.

Cheers!

SPOT ON
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by babythug(f): 8:29am On Mar 07, 2017
dahmie2013:
Op, I will advice u don't allow ur employer get d msg. U're even lucky he is fuelling it, some won't even do dat. If dat is d sacrifice u have a make 2 keep ur job, till u get anoda one, den so be it. Remember all these meetings are 2wards d growth & devt of d coy. It is also 2 ensure d payment of ur salary.

When u leave, dis act of kindness is what u will be remembered 4. As employees, we shudnt always be looking 4 what 2 take, but also how we can contribute 2 show some appreciatn 2 some individuals who decided 2 take d risks we cudnt.

If I were in ur shoes, I won't see it as taking advantage, but my own contributn 2 d company.

I know some places where d staff come 2 work on Saturdays, yet no overtime payment & dey work with so much gladness of heart.

May God give u d wisdom 2 make d right choice, cos I can imagine his expression or how he will fill d moment he gets d msg, u automatically enter his black book.
It is well!

Your advice doesn't seem balanced and I'm not sure you get the entire picture. The issue is that the employer feels that once he fuels the bike he must use all the fuel purchased and obviously ends up using more in addition to not bearing the cost of depreciation on the bike!

If the employer needs a bike he should buy one.

These things are common with one man enterprises and inhuman employers.

I remember a marketing job i got where I foolishly used my vehicle for marketing purposes. It was being fueled weekly at first I didn't even consider or mind wear and tear on the vehicle. Next thing the MD started saying I was using the fuel for personal purposes. My boss had to ask if I was to park the car and trek because "official fuel" was in my car. Next thing they wanted me requesting for fuel allowance daily as opposed to weekly!

These are the type of employers that make their employees intent and hell bent on cheating plus duping them!

Wish we had better labour laws in this country

Mcheeewww

5 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 07, 2017
dahmie2013:

It is well!

Lovely! Best advice so far. Please OP, see this as your own contribution to the growth of the company. As you said, he only uses it when he only has very important meeting/transactions. This are still official assignment to get the company growing and also pays your salary. If you stop it, don't be surprised that he will get another bike and the struggle will still continue. You will be the one to regret at last because as time goes on you will begin to see yourself as an ungrateful fellow. Please be selfless, do it with joy and the almighty will reward you. Thank you

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by ORACULUM(m): 8:31am On Mar 07, 2017
hahahahahahahahahah
LOVE the first advice
Bros park your bikeat home and act for a while grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Godfullsam(m): 8:31am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

It is Not cool, when he over uses you or the bike. Thats
taking advantage.

Cheers!

E be say, I go dey call u any time I need advise

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by excelAGR42: 8:31am On Mar 07, 2017
Op my contribution is that if ur boss can fuel your bike and use it, he can as well do more for you. I also take it that you two have good social relationship ab initio.

Therefore,

My advice to you is that, you should discuss it with him logically.

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Orpe7(m): 8:32am On Mar 07, 2017
Fuel his car keys and take it out
tit for tat
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Lisaint(m): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

Am about to say all dis buh u know
Great minds think alike

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by LorDBolton(m): 8:33am On Mar 07, 2017
GreenPlumes:
I have a very strong, brand-new bike. My employer has two cars. But whenever he wants to beat traffic on his way to a very important meeting or transaction, he would fuel my bike, and ask me to transport him.

Because of this, he feels his fuel is inside my bike, and would ask me anytime to take him out without refueling until whenever he thinks his fuel might have been exhausted. This is affecting me, as he uses more fuel than he buys, not to talk of wear and tear on, and depreciation of my bike.

Sir, how would you describe your boss (personality wise & professional wise too)

It's something u should consider b4 digesting some of the suggestions I've. Read here so far.
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by tofolo(m): 8:34am On Mar 07, 2017
See wisdom chai..... cool
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by islandmoon: 8:36am On Mar 07, 2017
Chukwudi!!!! how dare you posted this on internet? you never informed me, why not simple tell me to buy more fuel? so e dey pain you as i dey beg you to dey help me use your bike to carry Mama Risikat go market? you are fired!! dont even come to work today!!
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by flexindino(m): 8:37am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

It is beta u don't evn bring d bike to work dan 4u to bring it and hide it wia ur boss won't see it...rememba notin on dis earth hides unda d sun....d day ur boss knows u've been hiding ur bike from him, dat sends a wrong signal 2him which might lead to a dangerous move by ur boss.....so I'll advice u don't take d bike to work @all or better still, tell him ur mind....truth and sincerity pays a lot
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 07, 2017
babythug:

Your advice doesn't seem balanced and I'm not sure you get the entire picture. The issue is that the employer feels that once he fuels the bike he must use all the fuel purchased and obviously ends up using more in addition to not bearing the cost of depreciation on the bike!

If the employer needs a bike he should buy one.

These things are common with one man enterprises and inhuman employers.

I remember a marketing job i got whereby foolishly used my vehicle for marketing purposes. It was being fueled weekly at first I didn't even consider or mind wear and tear on the vehicle. Next thing the MD started saying I was using the fuel for personal purposes. My boss had to ask if I was to park the car and trek because "official fuel" was in my car. Next thing they wanted me requesting for fuel allowance daily as opposed to weekly!

These are the type of employers that make their employees intent and hell bent on cheating plus duping them!

Wish we had better labour laws in this country

Mcheeewww

Oh! Sorry about yours. Definitely, there are selfish individuals like that and you have to be extremely careful. However, this doesn't apply to all people. I am also an employer and won't ever do such a thing but I appreciate workers who don't just work for my money but for the growth of the company. Seriously, selfless service goes a long way.

2 Likes

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by femiolorun(m): 8:38am On Mar 07, 2017
GreenPlumes:

your reward is coming soon, you will be amazed when it comes simply because of your good gesture

1 Like

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by okonja(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!

Announcing my arrival cool
Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 07, 2017
FullDepth1:

Cheers!
[color=][/color]

Re: My Employer Is Taking Advantage Of Me by LorDBolton(m): 8:43am On Mar 07, 2017
Gentle2015:

Lovely! Best advice so far. Please OP, see this as your own contribution to the growth of the company. As you said, he only uses it when he only has very important meeting/transactions. This are still official assignment to get the company growing and also pays your salary. If you stop it, don't be surprised that he will get another bike and the struggle will still continue. You will be the one to regret at last because as time goes on you will begin to see yourself as an ungrateful fellow. Please be selfless, do it with joy and the almighty will reward you. Thank you

Azzin I just read the first advice and laughed... especially those who were praising. The advice.

How can he 'cut his boss off the bike'? Very disloyal act!

normally if the boss is a 'sociable guy' with an open Door policy during one of the rides (to the meeting) he can even start teasing the boss about his love for okada rides and look For ways to build very good rapport.

How dem fashola, osinbanjo, ambode n co. Reach where dem dey? OP thinks it's by resisting exploitation from their bosses? Lols

I met a girl, she initially worked as a nanny for a particular family then after they(husband n wife) tasted her cooking they'd always want her to cook (lazy wife lols)

Anyway she'd always cook once-once & with rapport building she became their cook (in house) and they also started paying her school fees (university) as well as other things.

So here this girl is. *not worried about school fees *feeding *has an a/c tight room to herself *gets salary join etc

While some girls will miss. That opportunity due to 'resisting exploitation'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Power Of Numbers- By Oliver Tan- The True Story / A Friend Lost His Job: How To Future-proof Your Career! / Photos Of A Physically Challenged Vulcanizer In Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.