Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,168 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Tradition - A Story - Literature (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Tradition - A Story (1139631 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tradition - A Story by Reuben07(m): 6:58am On Jul 28, 2017
Chumzypinky:
'Shiv, this is pabsolutely no time for being philosophical. I know my dad, i dont want him laying his fingers on my mum. In as much as i dont support my mum leaving the palace, he still has no right to disturb her here. He should let her come to him when she has finally calmed down'

'when you want something so bad, do you sit and wait for it to come to me?' She rested her jaw on her left hand watching him with a calm smile.

'not now Shiv'

She stood up and held his shoulders 'i've been eavesdropping on their conversation for sometime, forgive me for mentioning. But let them thrash it out. They're telling each other the times they fell short of their responsibilities for each other. This is the "blame" stage. A time will come for the "apology" stage. And then the "reconciliation" stage. They wont kill themselves. Your father wont hurt your mum. Ever since your mum came here, he hasnt disturbed her peace. He gave her the time he knew she would need. And now he's here to get what rightly belongs to him. Dont interfere Dike, else the heavens wont be happy with you' She pouted her lips and jabbed a finger on his chest.

Dike's lips twitched in a smile 'but as their first son, its my responsibility to come in at a time like this, dont you think?'

She sat down and dragged him to sit beside her. She brought her tablet close 'see, i downloaded a very interesting movie from iroking, Forgetting June. Lets watch with this earphone and drown out the noise from upstairs. Trust me and give it time. They'll soon come down with your mum's luggage' She winked at him.

He chuckled and cupped her face with his palms 'can i kiss you?'

TBC.
Gudnyt pals!
gud nyt jare,,,following back to kcab
Re: Tradition - A Story by abefe99: 7:45am On Jul 28, 2017
ao I wish mia is not king daughter because with the way things are now it going to effect dike and shiv relationship
Re: Tradition - A Story by YoungestD(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2017
Let Dem Kiss Ooh! Hmmm! Mummy Yo grin wink cool
Re: Tradition - A Story by pweetymhi(f): 10:32am On Jul 28, 2017
Hmmmmm, dz z serious, well done ma in falz voi6
Re: Tradition - A Story by StephanieElla24: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2017
cheesy cheesy xo Dike can b lyk dis.... Abeg those old pple shud sort dia issues ooo.... Weldone Chumzypinky
Re: Tradition - A Story by austine4real(m): 11:20am On Jul 28, 2017
pweetymhi:
Hmmmmm, dz z serious, well done ma in falz voi6

Hppy brthday to u

Llnp

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:58am On Jul 28, 2017
'Ngozi, i am ready to make amends. All the times i fell short of my responsibility i apologise. Ngozi i'm sick' His voice faltered 'i'm really sick. I have a terrible heart disease'

Ngozi's eyes widened saucers 'what heart disease are you talking about?' Her voice lowered to an audible whisper.

He removed the red cap on his head 'i was in Abuja on Monday. I've been having some series of tests and examinations. I plan in talking Dike into controlling the affairs of the community for the now while i go to India for surgery'

Ngozi's face paled 'are you serious or are you joking?'

'how can i joke with something as serious as that Ngozi. I'm dying. I need help. I really need all the help i can get now. I need you by my side just this one last time. You just dont know how much you really mean to me, despite all the troubles you've given me since we got married. You're the only woman i've ever truly loved. I never loved Freda. And i never will. I only went to her due to loneliness and a troubled heart. I'm not trying to lay any blame on you but Ngozi you partially pushed me into the waiting and widely spread arms of Freda. I...'

Ngozi's eyes lit up in surprise 'are you trying to lay all the blame on me now?'

'no' He shook his head slowly.

'so what the hell are you trying to do?'

'i need you in Ngozi. I need you by my side now more than ever. The doctor said my chance is fifty fifty. I want to spend my remaining days with NG. I love you. You're the only woman that has ever captured my heart. I'm so sorry for everything. I dont know how i'll ever make up for the wrongs i did to you. Please forgive me. I'll do anything to make it up to you. Please forgive me Ngozi' He went on his knees.

Tears formed a pool in her eyes as her resolve weakened. She couldnt leave her husband to die. She knew she needed to stand by him now more than ever.

She might not love the way he did her. But she was going to care. She was going to make his last days memorable for him.

She promised

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tradition - A Story by anneboy02(m): 12:05pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wow Shiv really got brains 3 nukle for her

Igwe u must not die now so dat dike can enjoy his new found love .

Ma u are really doing a gr8t job

More knowledge to yhu
Re: Tradition - A Story by Skimpledawg(m): 1:10pm On Jul 28, 2017
Chumzypinky, make 'em long na undecided

E just dey as if u put lollipop for person mouth remove am

How the cute kids and the Popsi? Stay strong ma'am cool
Re: Tradition - A Story by PrexyD(f): 1:18pm On Jul 28, 2017
OMG,This Iroko has finally fallen am so happy for you Mr. Dike you're in-love.

Mummy NG, the cockroach in the igwe's cupboard, the sugar in his tea, please have mercy.

Mia darling am sorry for all you have suffered in Freda's hand but please show compassion and mercy

Dike's Shiv please be very careful now cause Dora has switched to girls are not smiling mode.

Chumzy love thanks for heart and brain capturing story keep it up and my regards to the babies.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Critically: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2017
good job OP, great wrap up
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2017
Critically:
good job OP, great wrap up
tank u
Re: Tradition - A Story by talk2saintify(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wow Nice one Ma

am Crying and Smiling at the same time embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Tradition - A Story by Jacksonville123(m): 6:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Who is dis chumzy, I lift hand for u, a great job u got here ,I have been reading non-stop till I catch u thanks for the food u have given us
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2017
'what do you want to eat?' Freda asked Kelly. They had just arrived Lagos and had booked a hotel to pass the night before heading to their final destination.

'anything. I miss Lucky Charms'

'Lucky Charms? Okay, we'll see if you can get that later. Will you pass the night with your grandmother?'

'she's spending the night with me' Mia quickly grabbed Kelly's hands. Her mum had offered to pay her flight ticket and also book her in a hotel before continuing the trip the next day. She didnt have so much money on her, most especially now that Kelly was involved. The child would need to go to school. So she had accepted. That didnt mean she had forgiven her.

Her mother? She couldnt believe she still called Freda her mother. She wasnt even her mother for goodness for sakes!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by mamindy(f): 7:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
I smell Dora by the side waiting to disrupt the kiss if eventually Shiv dares to accept. Am voting for the sensual kiss though.

Nice work Iya Ibeji
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
'Mia please, let me spend some time with this child' Freda pleaded.

'never! Only God knows what you're going to do to here again if i leave her with you. You might just sell her off for more money this time, you heartless woman!'

Freda looked down, embarrassed. Her room was directly opposite Mia's. Mia opened the door to her room and dragged Kelly behind her, then she heard the door lock.

Tears cascaded down her cheeks. She knew she deserved everything that was happening to her now. But she wished things were better.

She opened her room and sat on the bed. She needed to call Shiv. She needed to talk to someone. She dialled her number.

The ringing of her phone disrupted them just as their lips were about touching.

Dike groaned in frustration and Shiv smiled. Her mother was calling with her line, meaning she was already in Nigeria. She was eager to get the full gist. Did her mum come home with Kelly?

'hello mummy' She said into the phone.

She thought she heard her mum sniff and her heart skipped a beat. Did something bad happen to Kelly?

'Shivani' Her mum called weakly.

'mum whats happening? Are you crying?'

'i feel like committing suicide Shivani. Your sister hates me, Mia hates me now. I've tried apologising to her but she wouldnt listen to me. There's something i really need to tell you dear. I hope you also forgive your selfish mother. I...' Her voice faltered.

Shiv panicked 'i dont get you mum. Did something bad happen to Mia?'

'Mia's here with me in Lagos. I met her in Germany. She came for Kelly too'

'what?!' Shiv sprung up and Dike shot her a look of askance as she raced up the stairs to her room. He contemplated on following her but decided against it. His room was where he needed to be at the moment. The voices from his mum's room had reduced. And he wondered if those two were up to something naughty up there. He smiled at the thought.

Meanwhile in Shiv's room, she sat on the bed with the phone tightly held to her ears.
Her mum was explaining everything to her. Both the true identity of Mia.
Shiv's heart skipped several beats. Mia wasnt even her sister! Mia was Dike's sister!!

'mum, this is...this is..' She breathed fast 'this is too much for me to take in all at once. I'll talk to you later' She quickly hung up.

She laid on her bed and cried. Why was all this happening? Why was her mum this way? Why had she been so blind to realise that her mum was a demon in disguise?

She wanted to hate her for everything.

And then something dawned on her. Something shocking.

Dike had slept with his own sister!

Mia placed a peck on Kelly's chubby cheeks as she slept. She smiled. She was just 25. And she had a daughter of 12. Her mates didnt even have kids or dreaming of having one even a year coming. But she had one.
One who was almost as tall as her.

She smiled proudly. How time flies!

So it was 12yrs already?

She closed her eyes as the memories came back in a flash.
'are you pregnant?! Why do you always sleep at every given opportunity? Have you washed the dishes i asked you to wash?' Her mum thundered.

She rubbed her eyes sleepily and yawned. She was about saying something when she suddenly felt nauseous and felt like throwing up. She quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. She didnt know what was happening to her but her continous throwing up had been happening for quite some time.

By the time she washed her mouth and turned back, her mum was standing there, the look on her face terrible.

'come here!' She dragged her roughly to Mia's room 'strip!' She ordered.

Mia hesitated for a while.

A hot slap stung her cheeks 'are you mad? I said strip!'

The tears burned at the back of her eyes as she slowly pulled off her clothes remaining her panties. She wasnt wearing a bra.

Her mum examined her closely, even weighing her breasts with her hand. They looked bigger and more pointed than the twinkle twinkle little star that was once there.

'when was the last time you saw your period?' Her mother asked calmly.

Mia's heart started beating faster 'la...last month'

'what date last month?'

'on the 3rd of last month'

Another slap landed on her cheeks immediately 'this is 31st you animal. Who have you been fucking!'

TBC

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tradition - A Story by Phunmmielurlar: 7:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
Lemme comment 1st!...1st 2 reach
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2017
Phunmmielurlar:
Lemme comment 1st!...1st 2 reach
lol. I love ur signature. So true
Re: Tradition - A Story by Phunmmielurlar: 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lol. I love ur signature. So true
Smiles...tnk u ma n tnx 4 d update,it so made mad sense! kudos 2 u!
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Her mum examined her closely, even weighing her breasts with her hand. They looked bigger and more pointed than the twinkle twinkle little star that was once there.

Lol Chumzy Chumzy @Bolded.

Your doing a great job.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
Things have taken a new turn but what will be it effect.
Find out on next episode of TRADITION airing on Chumzy TV.
Re: Tradition - A Story by YoungestD(m): 9:06pm On Jul 28, 2017
Am Nohh Dahh Interested In Mia Dere Family Case... Only Dike Ndd Shiv Epsiode Or D Whole Housewife Lmao!
Re: Tradition - A Story by Roseygold(f): 9:29pm On Jul 28, 2017
Well done mama ejima kudos to u
Re: Tradition - A Story by Kimkardashain(f): 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2017
freda deserves wateva mia is gvin to her. mtchew heartless woman
Re: Tradition - A Story by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
YoungestD:
Am Nohh Dahh Interested In Mia Dere Family Case...
Only Dike Ndd Shiv Epsiode Or D Whole Housewife Lmao!
u just spoke my mind
Re: Tradition - A Story by cbella(f): 10:27pm On Jul 28, 2017
So far so good ! Thank you for keeping me glued.

Cant wait for the shiv/dike reload
Re: Tradition - A Story by Chumzypinky(f): 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2017
Roseygold:
Well done mama ejima kudos to u
thanks dear
Re: Tradition - A Story by Ansasan(f): 11:28pm On Jul 28, 2017
Wow...weldone MA..
Wonder how dike will feel when he gets to know Mia is his sister or even the lolo when she finds out
Re: Tradition - A Story by yim(f): 12:31am On Jul 29, 2017
I tire for this Freda o. She just likes to spoil moment Sha.
Re: Tradition - A Story by Anuoluwapo23(f): 9:03am On Jul 29, 2017
Update pls[sup][/sup] cry cry
Re: Tradition - A Story by dasilver20(f): 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2017
Queenakande:
the babies Dear welcome back
Thanks a lot Queenakande.wow this is good news o TWINS! CONGRATS oo chumzypinky

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (137) (Reply)

Number 225 Katakata Street / Countless (a story of Sex, Betrayal and vengeance) by Darousmart Emmanuel.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.