Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,136 members, 7,835,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

The Best University In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best University In Nigeria (20607 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by awoof(m): 8:36am On Apr 28, 2007
come to think of it the original poster should elaborate on the parameters we should consider before passing judgement.
if its archetectural beauty, walahi i will pick Great Ife over my own Unilorin, but since the post did not give any specific area i will stick to my Ilya Unilorin. that is being objective abi? grin grin wink
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by AGBAMA(m): 5:52pm On Apr 30, 2007
u are not serious with what u are sayin can u imagine?have u heard of this name:unibest!!!-uniben,2nd best university in the commonwealth.best university in ict,infact the best of the best university in nigeria and in fact sub sahara region!!!.plz mind the way u guys say em.till tomorrow uniben is still the best university in nigeria as far as we stdents are concerned.have a rethink guys.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by oghos2k(m): 9:22pm On Apr 30, 2007
i wonder why anybody should talk about Ilorin in a serious post like this.i only expects schools like OAU, UI, Uniben, Unilag and maybe Nsuka should be mentioned here not ilorin that runs a semester for 6weeks and bring out graduates who cant speak simple english or even perform in their fields.I know a graduate of ilorin.he was one of the 1st 10 in his dept I.e mechanical engr. he tried running his masters at UI and when UI evaluated him, they told him he wouldnt be able to cope.imagine a person who made a 2-1 and cant cope with simple things.what sort of school is that
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by awoof(m): 2:14am On May 01, 2007
oghos2k:

i wonder why anybody should talk about Ilorin in a serious post like this.i only expects schools like OAU, UI, Uniben, Unilag and maybe Nsuka should be mentioned here not ilorin that runs a semester for 6weeks and bring out graduates who can't speak simple English or even perform in their fields.I know a graduate of ilorin.he was one of the 1st 10 in his dept I.e mechanical engr. he tried running his masters at UI and when UI evaluated him, they told him he wouldnt be able to cope.imagine a person who made a 2-1 and can't cope with simple things.what sort of school is that

well, if you had read my post well i have said that the parameters that we should look at should have been outlined. much as you gave your example of the person you talked about, i can't fault your story. If it is true well, it is a general problem it goes to show the decadence that has befallen our educational system, such an example is not peculiar to Unilorin, it is all over. Talk of students that their parents that had to hire "mercenaries" to write WAEC and JAMB exams for their children. Check out how this post jamb test being organized by Nigerian universities is exposing some Nigerian youths. Anyway I was talking of the unlorin of early 80s that i know. (at least up to the year 1984 i left the place) no cultism, no indefinite closure of school, no reckless sale of handouts to students blah! blah!! blah!!!  You bet Unloving is the best wink
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by awoof(m): 2:16am On May 01, 2007
awoof:

well, if you had read my post well i have said that the parameters that we should look at should have been outlined. much as you gave your example of the person you talked about, i can't fault your story. If it is true well, it is a general problem it goes to show the decadence that has befallen our educational system, such an example is not peculiar to Unilorin, it is all over. Talk of students that their parents that had to hire "mercenaries" to write WAEC and JAMB exams for their children. Check out how this post jamb test being organized by Nigerian universities is exposing some Nigerian youths. Anyway I was talking of the unlorin of early 80s that i know. (at least up to the year 1984 i left the place) no cultism, no indefinite closure of school, no reckless sale of handouts to students blah! blah!! blah!!! You bet Unlorin is the best wink
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by joz(f): 2:33am On May 01, 2007
itss a good uni butj i till prefer UNN
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by CrudeOil1(m): 8:37pm On May 01, 2007
The best school in Nigeria is the University of Nigeria UNN.Why,Soludo studied there,Okonjo Iweala studied there,Oby Ezekwesili studied there.Many others too numerous to Mention.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by joz(f): 6:14am On May 02, 2007
@crude oil
u know wetin dey jare. UNN is the best!!! grin
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by shittu123(m): 2:14pm On May 02, 2007
Hey guy, there is Nothing to argue about,I believe no body will belittle or ignore his/her own school by crowning them the BEST.But all the same i will still contribute mine i think THE GREATEST LAUTECH IS THE BEST,and i have a lot of reasons for that u may check them out 4 yourself .They are quite outstanding in terms of academics they are 99.9999% efficient, just check them out to see things for yourself.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by mayordee(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2007
university of lagos is the best university in nigeria,think there is no debate about that,we all know that,no story
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Jackelony(m): 10:52am On May 04, 2007
I wonder wats sustaining this thread when the truth has not been told. Ever heard of Michael Okapara University of Agriculture, Umudike (MOUAU)? That's the school of the future  but we're not left out @ the moment.
EoD!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 12:11pm On May 27, 2007
OAU

UNIBEN

UI

UNILAG

Guardian carried it sef
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by oludunamis(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2007
TYPICAL NAIJA MENTALITY, MINE IS BETTER THAN YOURS, THIS ONE TRYING TO SHOW OFF TO THE OTHER

can we based our judgement on facts pls, and not just yak yak on without facts
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 9:39pm On Jun 04, 2007
lmao

U correct oh

All dose Private Universities no be am.I think d best private Universtity is AAUN
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by hedmond(m): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2007
after counting al d entries,d following schools were nominated,OAU,UNIBEN,UNIBEN,lautech,UI,UNAAB,OOSU,UNN,uniport,futo,fut minna.but d overall best university in nigeria is FUTA.great futarian
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by kayodus(m): 2:17pm On Jun 05, 2007
oooobafemi awolowo university!!!!!!!!!! ;d ;d ;d
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by sophienwa(f): 3:16pm On Jun 05, 2007
UNILAG OF COURSE!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 3:39am On Jun 06, 2007
hedmond:

after counting al d entries,d following schools were nominated,OAU,UNIBEN,UNIBEN,lautech,UI,UNAAB,OOSU,UNN,uniport,futo,fut minna.but d overall best university in nigeria is FUTA.great futarian

Funny grin
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 06, 2007
IT QUITE UNFORTUNATE EVERYONE HERE RE BEING TOO SENTIMENTAL N SELFISH.
MOST OF US ARE TOKIN BASED ON FUN-SOCIAL ACTIVITIES IN SCHOOL BUT THEN I THINK NOT , NOT EVEN I THINK D BEST SCHOOL SO FAR IN AS MUCH AS EUDORA IS CONCERNED ARE COVENANT N UNN
THESE ARE THE SCHOOL WID D BEST RATES NOW
THEY RE VERY VERY COMPETITIVE HOT BRAINS PERFECT LECTURERS INFACT WAT ELSE
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by tundelakin(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2007
when u are talking about d best,oh my god , i've won a 20000 usd lottery :O http://thecoolpics.net/mylottery.jpg <<
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by tundelakin(m): 10:53am On Jun 07, 2007
da best univ. hahahahahahah lol u know
LAUTECH SMALL BUT MIGHTY. NOT ONLYDA BEST, THE MOST PEACEFULL UNIVERSITY, A RENOWNED UNIVERSITY WITH THE BEST VC IN WEST AFRICA, BEST PROFESSORS,
CAN U DIG DAT?
GREATEST LAUTECH[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Jun 07, 2007
wat re u tokin about tunde. Dat flooped school. Well like it or not Covenant n UNN are the present wining universities
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by don4real: 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2007
Please brother and sister i need your urgent help.who know Futminna and futo cut off mark in jamb, please we who na help me abeg
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by prizeless(m): 12:25pm On Jun 07, 2007
Hi, all
Lets not all be partial cos we are graduates of the underlistes schools
The best universities are born out of vision.
THE BEST NOW IN NIGERIA IS COVENANT.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by cuju: 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2007
University of Nigeria is obviously the best. Graduates of UNN are never found lacking. An example is the guy that broke MIT's record of over 34 years and turned down Bill gate's job offer, So guys you just have to give it to them.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by cuju: 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2007
Hi, all
Lets not all be partial because we are graduates of the underlistes schools
The best universities are born out of vision.
THE BEST NOW IN NIGERIA IS COVENANT.

Dream on!!!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by cuju: 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2007
OAU

UNIBEN

UI

UNILAG

Guardian carried it sef

Are they the most reliable source of information in Nigeria?
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Idey: 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2007
shocked Hello Giants, Hope u guys hear wat fellow nairalanders are saying. There is no 2 ways about it. To say d truth NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA, ANAMBRA STATE (UNIZIK) is the best Uni in this country. U need to see d academy calendar and alot about. Great Zikit
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2007
cuju:

Are they the most reliable source of information in Nigeria?

Nope.I jst read it
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by onyex(f): 7:20am On Jun 10, 2007
You guyz are deceiving yourselves.Havent you surfed the web lately.Currently,in Nigeria,Unilag is #1,Unijos is #2,Uniben is #3.Lautech is the best state university in Nigeria.Get your facts rite.Rock on
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 9:10am On Jun 10, 2007
Where?
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by onyex(f): 10:54am On Jun 10, 2007
Jeshua,
How many people do we have in Nigeria.Una b olodo 4 ur skool o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU / UNILAG Releases 2011/2012 Foundation & POST UME Merit Cut-off List And Results / Apply For Medcine Or Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.