Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

The Best University In Nigeria - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best University In Nigeria (20609 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by chidipupay(m): 12:12am On Nov 18, 2007
i maintain that it is YOU N N. and come next year we are gonna host u ppl in da next NUGA games what about dat? We are the LIONS.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by ruffneck(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2007
its no doubt UNN, the DEN of great lions and lionesses.when the lion roars, all the other animals take a bow

GREAT LIONS AND LIONESSES! grEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 7:52am On Nov 22, 2007
UNN na school sha
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Diokpo: 5:56pm On Jun 07, 2008
Nigerians are like crabs in a barrel, climbing on each other, pulling at each others' legs, in order to get ahead, not realizing that in the bigger picture, they are all in the same barrel.

Why can't we pool our resources together to improve the resources at all of our major universities? If you want to know they truth, Nigeria does NOT have ONE INDIGENOUS world class institution of higher education. This is embarassing, given the fact that at least one in every five black people in the world is a Nigerian.

I understand having a bit of collegiate pride, but let's not bicker about it. It is like a blind man and a deaf man arguing about who is better off,

Don't tout your uni, unless you have donated to it, or have done something to help better it,

I'm sorry to sound so negative, but I want our people to excel, not simply to excel at talking about excelling,
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 09, 2008
Gbam! That's the bomb.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Diokpo: 10:23am On Jun 09, 2008
Sorry guys, I really hate sounding negative, but I think it would be great if our schools could actually compete with at least the schools in South America and Asia, let alone Europe and America. I know we are getting there - we just have to make an effort. I just got into business school in London, and I was talking to some future classmates from India, and they were talking about how they had a difficult time actually picking between their own schools in India and the ones in Europe, since they were all comparable! The Indian School of Business, which is less than 5 years old, just ranked number 20 in the world for 2008! I was just saying to myself "wow, what if one our schools could be of international standard?" Well, I'm just going to try to do my part to make sure that happens in my lifetime. Hope you will all join me!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Uzzyan: 6:16pm On Jun 13, 2008
guy they said in Naija we shuldnt be comparing shld we?
Nyways from the current rating my institution is the best which is UBen
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Diokpo: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2008
I'm happy for you,
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Uzzyan: 10:40pm On Jun 13, 2008
Thanks ooooooooo
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by deleson: 3:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
I don't seem to understand the essence of this controversial controversy.

LASU and that's all.

One and only LASU,
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by olisemeke(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2008
GREAT NIGERIA STUDENTS
kiss
LET US FACE THE REAL FACT OF RATING.ACCORDING 2 D LATEST RANKING,UNIBEN IS DA BEST,LIKE IT OR NOT FOLLOWED BY UI AND OAU grin[color=#006600][/color] shocked grin smiley cool tongue kiss
GOD WILL HELP ALL OF US
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by olisemeke(m): 11:54am On Sep 18, 2008
pls my fellow friends,i scored 58 for dentistry in unilag.wat wud likely b their cut of and wat is d percentag of passes this yer.i heard the highest in mbbs is 72.how tru is dat.
pls sum 1 reply.
olyse
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by generalpam: 1:56am On Sep 27, 2008
UNILAG the GREAT OF ALL GREAT do not have time 4 debate over few lions or what so every the may be.ooooooooooooooooo boy na we get mouth pass joooooooooooooooooooooooo, i da even waste my time da time 4 na.if u na no know na craze da do una
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by phartye(m): 9:07am On Sep 27, 2008
More Action,Less Yarn. Throwin a knife up 1m times, I bet u,d flat surface will definetly remain flat. Aluta Scientia, Victoria Ascerta! For Learning and Culture,Sports and Struggle. Greeeeaaaaateeeest IFE ! We're Great.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by wisedoc10: 1:32pm On Sep 27, 2008
i think u pple are decieving urselfs.why dont u consider GREAT UNIBEN which i think is best
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by maggilove(f): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2008
the best university is unilag.greatest akokites
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by mj(m): 9:53am On Sep 28, 2008
One thing you guys fail to mention is, on what grands are u ranking your University as the best? If you say OAU is they best, then I'll say if truely it is, why should I study a 4yrs course for 5-6 years ( Great Ife STRIKES) in OAU, for me OAU is living on past glory. Lautech dont have hostel facilities and you called it the best? Think twice.I can rank my University as the best in terms of duration spent, someone else in terms of Academy, another in terms of Structure, another in terms of student welfare, another in terms of social life etc. So on what criteria are u rating the Universities? C ya.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2009
Wat's happenin here,is it dt we'v al gone deaf, or our residences r so remote dt we ask questns dt even d birds knw d answrs to. For dose who do nt knw dr is only 1 university in naija, and it's UNIBEST,or for dose who don't understand;UNIBEN. U can ax fashola, aig imoukhuede, ibori, uduaghan, webometrics,basket mouth, the commonwealth commision, ,or beta still ax me, i'v bn dr and i cn testify, We rock, we rule, 2 al my hall1& hall chicks,my hall3 & abujite brodas, my Hall5 FYBites, i dey hail oo, 2 d oders if u'r nt studyin at uniben, u r nt studyin at al, cos wn we sneeze all dose glorified secondary skuls catch cold, BEN 4 LIFE.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by CU2009: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2009
The Best University in Nigeria is Covenant University.
In terms of education professors
spirituality
Equpments
students
enviroment

the grandfather of Architecture is an a preofessor in Covenant University
All courses here are fully accredited .
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2009
@ cu 2009
Really shows hw gud ur skul's products r: dey can't spell, in case i'm an alien, since wn did professor bcom preofessor, dt's y i say if u'r nt studyin in uniben u'r nt studyin at al, i'd advice u com take a diploma exclusivly for ur spellings, in uniben, i'm just bein a friend, grin
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Willzkid(m): 8:19pm On Mar 19, 2009
@ cu 2009
Really shows hw gud ur skul's products r: dey can't spell, in case i'm an alien, since wn did professor bcom preofessor, dt's y i say if u'r nt studyin in uniben u'r nt studyin at al, i'd advice u com take a diploma exclusivly for ur spellings, in uniben, i'm just bein a friend, grin
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by larayat(f): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2009
hey guys stop disturbing urself al-hikmah university is d best in terms of everytin.up hui.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by tasteguy(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2009
All of you guyz shouldnt be making the same mistake ok. The best for now is DELSU[color=#770077][/color][/size][size=8pt][/size][size=8pt][size=8pt][/size]. The minority report as it is in the Bible. No doubt, just come and experience yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by CU2009: 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2009
we are a Covenant generation
pursuing excellence
redeemed to reign
learning to lead
we are bound by an oath
obeying rules to rule
making kings of youth
flying high on covenant wings
wisdom call for change inspired of fire
with courage marching on in grace
God's own arrow shot for glory

The best emecent@yahoo.co.uk
Ademuwagun Emmanuel
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by abrahym(m): 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2009
its UI naija 1st premier varsity
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Hadone(m): 11:56am On Apr 08, 2009
Believe it or not! In terms of academic excellence, steady semesters, sophiscated equipments, conducive learning environment, ICT facilities & other modern equipments, infact, no university in Nigeria can even contest with KATSINA STATE UNIVERSITY, KATSINA!!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you guyz! i'm not a student their!! but only saying the HARD FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Richiez(m): 4:31pm On May 22, 2009
I carried out statistics on the number of accredited coursesby NUC offered by some universities and i use this as a tool to rank them;

1st- University Of Ibadan- 99 accredited courses
2nd- University of Nigeria Nssuka- 97 accredited courses
3rd- University Of Benin- 86 accredited courses
4th- Obafemi Awolowo university- 79 accredited courses
5th- University Of Lagos- 76 accredited courses

source; Jamb Brochure
NB
I foresee unibuja as becoming the best 10-15 yrs from now. proudly richiez, proudly a unibujite
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by odiscoj: 2:55am On Dec 19, 2011
i dont fink u guyz have visited any EASTERN UNIVERSITY like THE GREATEST UNIZIK,IMSU,DELSU,ASSU, i have been to soo many university here in nigeria e.g[unilag,ui,illori,oau,lautech,unaad, have visited this skoolz to c som of ma friends ui,oau and illori re d best in this list] but no uni like the oda top ones i mentioned, go visit them if u doubt me, smiley

1 Like

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Lillyeean(f): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
A.B.U students r ahead of y'all NATURALLY..... Need I say more grin

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:11am On Jun 20, 2013
D best 4 me is u.I, I guess micheal okpara univ of agric, umudike is also cuming up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNILAG Releases 2011/2012 Foundation & POST UME Merit Cut-off List And Results / APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU / Apply For Medcine Or Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.