Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,289 members, 7,836,275 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

The Best University In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best University In Nigeria (20611 Views)

Best University In Nigeria To Study Mechanical Engineering / Which School Is The Best University In Nigeria And Why? / The Best University In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 4:23am On Jun 24, 2007
lmao

Guy u funny

Babcrow ni
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by papikay1: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2007
the best university in nigeria now is lasu believe it with our new vc lateef akanni hussain
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by chexyincx(m): 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2007
OSU d great ,ni Baba gbogbo won. Nobody can contest dat. Egba be
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by RichDad1(m): 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2007
Why Not LASU, I beg make una watch before you say anything, Great LASUITES
OSU ko! OSU ni!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by joz(f): 8:33pm On Aug 19, 2007
the name of the uni doesnt mmatter jare. whether na cow or goat university, grin grin grin it depends on a persons choice
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 2:22am On Aug 22, 2007
True talk
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by skybeauty(f): 4:04pm On Aug 23, 2007
WELL GUYS I EVERYBODY HAVE BEEN BLUFFING OUT NONSENSE AS THE BEST UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA cry BUT I THINK IT IS ONLY ONE REASONABLE GUY DAT HAVE THOUGHT OF SOMETHING GOOD HERE AND I THINK D BST UNIVERSITY IS , IS, INFACT BEFORE I POST IT I NEED AN OVATION YEA I CAN SEE U DO DAT AND PLEASE SHALL WE GIVE D SCHOOL 5 GBOZAS, GBOZA! GBOZA!! GBOZA!!! GBOZA!!!!!!!! AND, GBOZAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH NOW THE BEST UNIVERSITY IS , UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA HOME grin OH DID I SAY HOMESORRY NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY AWKA. YEA DATS THE BEST cool
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by netlord(m): 2:46pm On Aug 24, 2007
hello,let nobody fool you about the best universitiy,just go too google a see for yourself that the best university as @ this moment is university of benin,greatest uniben
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by kingskid04(m): 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2007
why are u guys talking as if u guys have gone round the country to see other universities .but come to think of it have u guys visited UNIVERSITY OF UYO? its one of the best in nigeria and the best in the SOUTH SOUTH. take it or leave it!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 24, 2007
Without any iota of doubt one ought to know that the best university is Obefemi Awolowo University.The current ranking tells it all,
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Purist(m): 8:35pm On Aug 24, 2007
As at this time last month, Obafemi Awolowo University was the number 1 university in Nigeria (and 44 in Africa), distantly followed by University of Ibadan, with University of Benin and University of Lagos coming 3rd and 4th respectively.  Interestingly, these were the only 4 universities in Nigeria ranked among the top 100 in Africa.

But right now as I type, University of Benin is number 1 in Nigeria (32 in Africa & 4904 in the world), distantly followed by Obafemi Awolowo University (now 55 in Africa & 6215 in the world), with University of Ibadan coming 3rd (81 in Africa & 7217 in the world), while University of Lagos is nowhere to be found.

I hope this new ranking will not break the heart of the people of OAU.  Personally, I'm saddened by this development. But can someone tell me what went wrong with the Great Ife? Their seemingly incessant strike actions, I presume? undecided

Faborode, the Nigerian government, minister of education, etc should please do something fast (and I mean, real fast) about this 'cankerworm' that is fast diminishing the quality of the school that once used to be in the league of the likes of Havard!!! angry

http://www.webometrics.info/top100_continent.asp?cont=africa
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by TheOne2(m): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2007
You guys should stop quoting this webometrics stuff. A ranking that says the top 20 universities are in the US is definitely not doing a holistic ranking. I'm sure it's looking at just one thing. And the funny thing is that UNIBEN officials were making noise about it (that they have been ranked as the best university in Nigeria) without even checking out what it's about.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by joz(f): 5:46am On Aug 26, 2007
na wa ooooooo cool
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Purist(m): 9:52pm On Aug 28, 2007
The One:

You guys should stop quoting this webometrics stuff. A ranking that says the top 20 universities are in the US is definitely not doing a holistic ranking. I'm sure it's looking at just one thing. And the funny thing is that UNIBEN officials were making noise about it (that they have been ranked as the best university in Nigeria) without even checking out what it's about.

I expect that you should back up your objection with verifiable facts. Failing that, I choose to see your outburst as pure sentiments, which does not hold water.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by teeroy(m): 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2007
It's official: UNIBEN.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Goldmann(m): 4:14pm On Sep 01, 2007
U.I of course, This is the HARVARD of Nigeria. Babcock, Bowen, Covenant etc I'm sorry bt these schools just don't make the cut. Look wot happened to igbenedion medical students a couple of years ago!!! Their course failed an accreditation test and was dissolved!!!. Jst try comparing a You.I first class wit say a babcock first class in the job market, Trust me, u'd do better to compete wit say a u.i 2.2 or 3rd class. Also there is little hope for private university grads in getting admission to TOP and I mean TOP UK OR US schools, Face it If u arent a U.I, IFE,UNILAG, ABU, OOU, LAUTECH, UNIABUJA etc grad, ure at a disadvantage. You think because u went to babcock and u now work in say UBA or MULTILINKS, ure succesful, y don't u try applying 4 a masters in cass business school london and c wot happens to your jamb failin ass. Peace out!!!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Purist(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2007
When it comes to Medicine & Surgery, I doff my hat for University of Ibadan.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by elnaf(m): 1:45pm On Sep 03, 2007
4 crying out loud!!! every one says his or her University is da best
How can u conclud with out facts? Wel, base on N.U.C ranking 4
now BAYERO UNIVERSITY KANO remain the best University 4 now
if u Dnt agree check www.Daily Trust.com search Nigerian University
Commission Ranking
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by firestar(f): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2007
The Best Tertiary Institution Anywhere Is Determined By The Quality Of Students Produced.

So, boasting, brags and other exalted 'hollers' tends to bring a sort of improper pride. Please, don't get me wrong guys, varsities all have their high and lows- infrastructure, constitution, social life and the like, What one school has, others lack, So think about it.
I'm a student myself but I choose to view the main point only- and that is getting quality education by searching for knowledge as it is power. smiley
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by gbengeoou: 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2007
GREATEST OSIUITE!
GREATEST OSIUITE!!

GREATEST OSIUITE!!!

OSU FOR EVER.
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by chidipupay(m): 11:33pm On Nov 14, 2007
UNN!
UNN!!
UNN!!!

The greatest university in nigeria is University of Nigeria. UNN that is the best and greatest university in nigeria The lion will and forest continue to dorminate the jungle. Up Lion
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 9:17am On Nov 15, 2007
Another good University,

LIONS
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 15, 2007
Purist:

But right now as I type, University of Benin is number 1 in Nigeria (32 in Africa & 4904 in the world), distantly followed by Obafemi Awolowo University (now 55 in Africa & 6215 in the world), with University of Ibadan coming 3rd (81 in Africa & 7217 in the world), while[b] University of Lagos is nowhere to be found.[/b]

Impossicant!!!! shocked shocked UNILAG? No where to be found. . . . It must've been an ommission!!! wink
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by ndubest(m): 3:54pm On Nov 15, 2007
wowww, what a heated debate

well i must say that its good to know that nigeria students are proud of their schoolS

but being proud of your school or shouting it out as the BEST whether official or unofficial doesnt add anything to you as a person

what were you able to do with what you got from the so-called best university after graduation

I think thats the point, not the number of first class, or manipulated results that will be the answer but your ability as a good ambassador of your al ma mater to impact positively on the society with what you have acquired as a student

ALL HAIL NIGERIA STUDENTS!!!! YOU ARE THE BEST, given the proper enviroment ( not just mere talk), the exploit of nigerian students after graduation in foreign university abroad both in UK and US tells the tale

which ever school you are from, try and be the best on graduation, thats the only way to say if your school is the best or not

, HAIL VARSITY OF NIGERIA MY AL MA MATER!!

, my al ma mater!!!, my al ma mater!!!

, noble are thy looks and thy Ideals

, and great art thou in science and in arts

, in other realms of learning thou are all SUBLIME!!

ARE YOU THE BEST GUY IN YOUR AREA OF ENDAVOR IN YOU OFFICE if your answer is yes, then your school is the BEST, for your course of study (as far as YOU ARE CONCERNED) FULLLLLL SSSSSTTTOOOOOPPPPP.

IF NOT, may be you passed through university without allowing university to pass through you, SO, GO BACK TO SCHOOLLLL!!!!
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2007
lmao
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by tech9: 8:52pm On Nov 16, 2007
d best uni is unilorin,bt d worst is abu zaria
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by chidipupay(m): 1:00am On Nov 17, 2007
cheesy grin unn have restored the diginity of men. Insert Quote
d best uni is unilorin,bt d worst is abu zaria
who told you that in nigerian university ilorin is no where to be found. cheesy
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by 9ja4eva: 5:22am On Nov 17, 2007
UniIlorin ko?

Uni Ekiti ni
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by seyibobo(m): 8:14pm On Nov 17, 2007
cool cool coolI don't know why u people are being sentimental. For once can't Nigeria be realistic. December 2006, The ASUU Brought O.A.You out as the best federal university in the year 2005 & 2006. Why are u not mentioning Great Ife then. Its not easy to be a student of that school my people.

That is my Guy.
There are only 2 Universities in Nigeria: Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) and the rests. OR WAT DO U THINK?
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by elphem(m): 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2007
O. A .U --- Oba Awon University.
the name speak volume. GReeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat Ife
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 17, 2007
elphem:

O. A .You --- Oba Awon University.
the name speak volume. GReeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaat Ife

That was in the sixties boy
Re: The Best University In Nigeria by elphem(m): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2007
the sixties was a long time, we are talking of the present
and we still believe in IFE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNILAG Releases 2011/2012 Foundation & POST UME Merit Cut-off List And Results / APC, Party Of Vagabonds – ASUU / Apply For Medcine Or Masters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.