Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students (12231 Views)

Nairaland Thread For Admission processes 2019/2020 (All Universities) / University Of Lagos And Mountain Top University Make Giant Strides In Geoscience / Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology(lautech) Official Nairaland Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Yemiafo(m): 10:20am On Mar 09, 2017
BTech Geology from FUTMinna desperately in need of Geophysical Survey and Geoscientific Softwares Internship. Please, in case you are in position to help, please contact 08037750808
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 10:29am On Mar 09, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:

As it is baseless and myopic to say a quartz graywacke is better sorted than quartz arenite, so also it is utterly myopic to claim that an E&P company when managed by non-geologist wont be successful!

Oh! I see!
#continue
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 10:34am On Mar 09, 2017
ikorodureporta:

if shell or chevron calls for first class & 2-1 holders, are u gonna b there with a 2-2 in geology??

If US consulate calls for 2.2 or 3rd class geography will i go there with my 2.1 or first class geology?
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by MoyoGENERAL: 10:51am On Mar 09, 2017
Confuciusng:

Sir I agree you know everything. We are talking about NIGERIA here. Yeah I know of Exxon Tillerson and Shell's Rijswijk, my alma mater Fupre usually had yearly EXXON UAP that were taught by Exxon staffs. So trust me I know some decisions are made at a higher level. What am saying is that the MDs in Nigeria play a bigger role in the success of the IOCs here than the CEOs from their international HQ. For eg, the last SheLL MD convinced the head honchos at Shell HQ to sell assets in Delta state that were underperforming. After selling and moving to PH for some years, they are moving back to Delta state again. So obviously the former MD gave HQ some bad Intel. Hope you get my point now.

Shell is moving back to delta again? Says who?
Sold assets because they were underperforming? Were all the assets marginal?
Have you heard about OML 42 and OML 30? Were they underperforming?
Wrong Intel? how? The O&G business is very complex! Aside from the technical aspect, Economic, Political, Environmental, Legal view points really impact decision making! You can have 20billion bbls reserves in a very violent region, and you can't exploit it just because of safety!!!!
Abi are you not aware of the security and community challenges shell staffs encountered in warri before their exit??
Even, from what you've said, what is the nexus between being an non-geologist and decision making?

Young man, the oil and gas is bigger than what you think! You can build the best robust model, map and pick all available faults, expertly quantify fluid flow and simulate recovery, plan the best well placement and facility design,even derive juicy economic results; yet a non-technical factor can delay investment decision sanction!!!!!

You see, it's not by being a geologist!
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by kikilove(f): 11:00am On Mar 09, 2017
Geology and mining. Delsu

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by sanandreas(m): 11:04am On Mar 09, 2017
Correspondence:
The 53rd Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS) Annual International Conference/Annual General Meeting will be held in Abuja, between 26th – 31st March, 2017 under the sponsorship of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), Oil and Mineral Resources Organizations, relevant Federal and State Governments Ministries and Private Sector Agencies as well as other well meaning individuals associated with the profession.

THEME: The Extractive Industry: Imperatives for Wealth Creation & Employment Generation.

Will be attending this conference
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Sulaaazo(m): 11:30am On Mar 09, 2017
Geology n Mineral Science; Sulazo frm Unilorin grin
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by eitsei(m): 11:31am On Mar 09, 2017
Remote sensing and GIS.... FUTA
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by ikorodureporta: 11:36am On Mar 09, 2017
Ebi4life:
The truth be tild, the course you studied matters alot. Some of the snall biys I prepared for jamb after I graduated, are earning about 150k and above because most of them studied medicak courses, while I am still roastung with a job of 40 k even with my 2::1 iin geology. The fact is that there are few firms in Niigeria that requres the services of Geologist. Please if you have any younger one, kindly advise the person tio go for other field that has hiigher chances of getting job and not geoligy.

Geologists have to make things work out for dem. If every graduates of geology are made to pass thru a professional certification like surveyors + internship, its gonna reduce joblessness, because people wl be employed based on their certification than grades....

2 Likes

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by kuzi1(m): 11:37am On Mar 09, 2017
BmanWheart:

I'm a final year student of geology in Unizik. You can switch to geology if your GP is up to what is required.
But geophysics is a very good aspect of geology, why do you want to change?
I graduated from geology unizik in 2014...both courses have their advantages. Depends on what he wants

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Chimaritoponcho: 12:02pm On Mar 09, 2017
Still pursuing a b.tech in geology at FUTO Am happy to be in this thread

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by samtee37(m): 1:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
Sam
Geology
Futa
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2017
sanandreas:

Will be attending this conference
Looking forward to seeing you
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 1:51pm On Mar 09, 2017
Chimaritoponcho:
Still pursuing a b.tech in geology at FUTO
Am happy to be in this thread

You are welcome
this thread is meant to educate us, most especially from d older granites and as well younger granites will share opinion.

My regards to #Adnah Rose

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 3:13pm On Mar 09, 2017
kikilove:
Geology and mining. Delsu
I was thinking we in ebsu alone do geology
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Abbey1987: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2017
bobogee007:

Finally found My school mate. What level Please
baba, i graduated since 2013
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by kikilove(f): 3:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:

I was thinking we in ebsu alone do geology
not at all
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Godspikin: 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2017
Abbey1987:
geology LAUTECH.

Nice....

It's nice to see someone from my former dept representing us....
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by samtee37(m): 5:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
orimsamsam:
Applied geology futa

Orim baba
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by zube01(m): 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
Am nzube.. Geology graduate.. Anambra state University uli
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by lastborn419(m): 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
geophysics 300level uniport having a tough time having IT space
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Abbey1987: 5:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
Godspikin:

Nice....

It's nice to see someone from my former dept representing us....
what set are you?
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by orimsamsam(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2017
samtee37:

Orim baba
lol, how far

Be like say u sabi me
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Ochibaisik(m): 6:18pm On Mar 09, 2017
Isaac the Great, Geology and mining University of Jos.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Ochibaisik(m): 6:22pm On Mar 09, 2017
Ochibaisik:
Isaac the Great, Geology and mining University of Jos.
PreCambrian in age
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2017
kikilove:
not at all
Are you from delta?
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by kikilove(f): 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:

Are you from delta?
yes I am
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2017
kikilove:
yes I am
Cool.... U must have heard about the conference. Will you be attending?
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Mostprecious(f): 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
geology, nnamdi azikiwe university

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

ASUU’s Ultimatum To FG Ends, Lecturers Say Demands Unmet / FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia / Nursing Students And Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.