Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students (12179 Views)

Nairaland Thread For Admission processes 2019/2020 (All Universities) / University Of Lagos And Mountain Top University Make Giant Strides In Geoscience / Ladoke Akintola University Of Technology(lautech) Official Nairaland Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 9:01am On Mar 09, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:

With this thing you mentioned, Your assertions lack any sense of credibility! Absolutely bizzare!
There are ways to preach that your discipline is important not this crap!
Otherwise continue with your sequence strat. Mapping, geostatistics, and co!
#Dont start what you can't finish pls#

In essence you are saying ?
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 9:02am On Mar 09, 2017
Dotnie00:

Geochemistry! My favorite aspect of geology
Petroleum and Economic Geology my like
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2017
ikorodureporta:

u no know say na geoscientist dey talk?? Mayb u ddnt get my point...lemme rephrase: i talk say people wey study medicine are called doctors, architecture - architects, surveying & geoinformatics - surveyors, Engineering - Engineers, etc but as complex as geology is, no name is used to flaunt their degrees. Besides they are given less respect, when you attend interviews even HR PERSONNELs rate geographers ahead of geologists.....clear or not! If not i go start to speak geokogy here grin like..... ''the present is the key to the past''

U don't know anything about geology cum geoscience so no point arguing with you.
In HR d grading is based on knowing places via its actual location and not the constituent of the place(geology).

The bottom line is that you know nothing about geology

3 Likes

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by lonelydora: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2017
IBpaul:

U r welcome younger granite, there much to still enjoy in geology

#weRock

I studied geophysics back in UNN for a year before switching to Engineering in second year. I'm not currently studying
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by ikorodureporta: 9:17am On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:

U don't know anything about geology cum geoscience so no point arguing with you.
In HR d grading is based on knowing places via its actual location and not the constituent of the place(geology).

The bottom line is that you know nothing about geology

is a fact that most of u have 2-2....abi how many of you in geology make a first class & 2-1? Thats wht i'm saying, because others with thoz grades are considered.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by prinzadey(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2017
Remote sensing and GIS FUTA

3 Likes

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by osamaBUSH(m): 9:24am On Mar 09, 2017
johnsmhelia15:
geology gombe state university (GSU)
dah wan sef na school
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by BmanWheart: 9:25am On Mar 09, 2017
MaiconBest:
I'm a Geophysics student of Unizik !!!

I would like to switch over to Geology, how possible is it and do u guys think that Geophysics is better answers plz
I'm a final year student of geology in Unizik. You can switch to geology if your GP is up to what is required.
But geophysics is a very good aspect of geology, why do you want to change?
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by hadex90(m): 9:25am On Mar 09, 2017
Graduate geology LAUTECH
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by maxwinfrosh: 9:26am On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:
This is the official thread for geoscience students that is geology, exploration geophysics, mining and other earth science courses both aspirants, undergraduate, graduates and professionals.

Let us share our experiences!

I am James studying geology in Ebonyi state university.

#WhoAreYou

I am Emmanuel Ayo, a geophysicist from ibadan, oyo state, Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by BmanWheart: 9:34am On Mar 09, 2017
Thank God and you guys for this topic. I've been searching round for a platform to relate with other geologist.
Please I have a seminar topic and would appreciate it if I can get any material from you guys.
Seminar topic : An overview of the petroleum potentials of the Nigerian interior basins.
Email: ibemeruchizzy@gmail.com

Thanks.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by MoyoGENERAL: 9:39am On Mar 09, 2017
Confuciusng:

Chevron's MD, geologist: http://tandice-bsolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=327&Itemid=263

You obviously don't even know how these IOC works!
Have you heard about San Ramon?
Have you heard about Rijswijk?
Have you heard about Irving?
Do you know Watson, Buerden, Tillerson or even Woods?
Do you know MD's in Nigeria reports to them?
Do you even know who sanctions FDP?
Or who sanctions FID?
Do you even know each company's organizational structure?
Abi you think management and making decisions is creating conceptual model or facies modeling

If you are thorough in the Oil and gas, you won't make such ambiguous statement!!!!
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 9:41am On Mar 09, 2017
lonelydora:

I studied geophysics back in UNN for a year before switching to Engineering in second year. I'm not currently studying

u can still come back to do M Sc Engineering Geology

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Kennyslimsteve(m): 9:42am On Mar 09, 2017
Geology===> osun state university

1 Like

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2017
ikorodureporta:

is a fact that most of u have 2-2....abi how many of you in geology make a first class & 2-1? Thats wht i'm saying, because others with thoz grades are considered.

Let me understand you

Are dy considered with dia first class to come and take up d role of geologist.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2017
ikorodureporta:

Result isn't the ultimate test of knowledge like i said you actually don't know anything about geology. You are just making unnecessary comparism with some courses i can make 2.1 without aactually going to school

2 Likes

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by ozone0801(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2017
Correspondence:
The 53rd Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS) Annual International Conference/Annual General Meeting will be held in Abuja, between 26th – 31st March, 2017 under the sponsorship of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS), Oil and Mineral Resources Organizations, relevant Federal and State Governments Ministries and Private Sector Agencies as well as other well meaning individuals associated with the profession.

THEME: The Extractive Industry: Imperatives for Wealth Creation & Employment Generation.

No information about the venue
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 9:48am On Mar 09, 2017
BmanWheart:
Thank God and you guys for this topic. I've been searching round for a platform to relate with other geologist.
Please I have a seminar topic and would appreciate it if I can get any material from you guys.
Seminar topic : An overview of the petroleum potentials of the Nigerian interior basins.
Email: ibemeruchizzy@gmail.com

Thanks.

Whatsapp 08135517849
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uniquejames(m): 9:50am On Mar 09, 2017
ozone0801:

Abuja!
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by ikorodureporta: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:

Result isn't the ultimate test of knowledge like i said you actually don't know anything about geology. You are just making unnecessary comparism with some courses i can make 2.1 without aactually going to school

if shell or chevron calls for first class & 2-1 holders, are u gonna b there with a 2-2 in geology??
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by BmanWheart: 9:58am On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:

Whatsapp 08135517849
Message sent. Please reply.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by heemah(f): 9:59am On Mar 09, 2017
BSc Geology and Mineral Sciences, Masters in Geographic information systems.
Hello Paleo fellow

3 Likes

Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by ikorodureporta: 10:03am On Mar 09, 2017
IBpaul:

Let me understand you

Are dy considered with dia first class to come and take up d role of geologist.

so if shell, agip, chevron advertise for fresh graduates with first class & 2-1, a 2-2 geologist go follow??

Lets face the fact. The workload in studying geology surpasses that of most other departments, and when place side by side with succes rates of their graduates/grades, it looks like a mere punishment. Its true that you gain knowledge, but check out your coursemates & see how many are doing well as 'geologists'. Most people switch to other areas....
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 09, 2017
ikorodureporta:

if shell or chevron calls for first class & 2-1 holders, are u gonna b there with a 2-2 in geology??
This is where masters comes in
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Confuciusng(m): 10:05am On Mar 09, 2017
MoyoGENERAL:

You obviously don't even know how these IOC works!
Have you heard about San Ramon?
Have you heard about Rijswijk?
Have you heard about Irving?
Do you know Watson, Buerden, Tillerson or even Woods?
Do you know MD's in Nigeria reports to them?
Do you even know who sanctions FDP?
Or who sanctions FID?
Do you even know each company's organizational structure?
Abi you think management and making decisions is creating conceptual model or facies modeling

If you are thorough in the Oil and gas, you won't make such ambiguous statement!!!!

Sir I agree you know everything. We are talking about NIGERIA here. Yeah I know of Exxon Tillerson and Shell's Rijswijk, my alma mater Fupre usually had yearly EXXON UAP that were taught by Exxon staffs. So trust me I know some decisions are made at a higher level. What am saying is that the MDs in Nigeria play a bigger role in the success of the IOCs here than the CEOs from their international HQ. For eg, the last SheLL MD convinced the head honchos at Shell HQ to sell assets in Delta state that were underperforming. After selling and moving to PH for some years, they are moving back to Delta state again. So obviously the former MD gave HQ some bad Intel. Hope you get my point now.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Uzochi13(m): 10:06am On Mar 09, 2017
B.tech geology (geophysics option) M.sc environmental geology(in view)
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by MoyoGENERAL: 10:11am On Mar 09, 2017
Uniquejames:

In essence you are saying ?
As it is baseless and myopic to say a quartz graywacke is better sorted than quartz arenite, so also it is utterly myopic to claim that an E&P company when managed by non-geologist wont be successful!
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Ebi4life: 10:15am On Mar 09, 2017
The truth be tild, the course you studied matters alot. Some of the snall biys I prepared for jamb after I graduated, are earning about 150k and above because most of them studied medicak courses, while I am still roastung with a job of 40 k even with my 2::1 iin geology. The fact is that there are few firms in Niigeria that requres the services of Geologist. Please if you have any younger one, kindly advise the person tio go for other field that has hiigher chances of getting job and not geoligy.
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2017
M e t e o r o l o g y
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2017
ozone0801:

Sheraton Hotel Abuja
Re: Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students by IBpaul(m): 10:19am On Mar 09, 2017
authe911:
M e t e o r o l o g y
which in institution

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Correction Of Wrong Date Of Birth In Jamb / Nigerian Postgraduate Students Going To UK For 2013/2014 Academic Year! / JAMB 2018- Things To Consider When Choosing A Course/career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.