Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,134 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School (2477 Views)

The Rat Guys Killed And Ate At Garki Abuja (Photos) / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / Kinds Of Concoction Food You Ate Or Cooked In School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by onila(f): 1:49am On Dec 16, 2009
Roasted Termites , I was bold
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by ijawgirl: 1:50am On Dec 16, 2009
lol
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by OgidiBoy(m): 3:21am On Dec 16, 2009
whats so brave about eating termites ? it's a delicacy all over the world.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by kiju: 4:57am On Dec 16, 2009
I ate hard boiled beans cooked with tea spoon of oil and salt.it made me sick for 2 weeks.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Cyberfreak(f): 6:50am On Dec 16, 2009
^why did you fall sick?
That's what guys eat in my university all the time. Only they add sliced onions and powdered pepper.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by SeanT21(f): 6:55am On Dec 16, 2009
kiju:

I ate hard boiled beans cooked with tea spoon of oil and salt.it made me sick for 2 weeks.

WOW~~ shocked
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by holotee(m): 8:30am On Dec 16, 2009
Let's see,
Can't really pick the worse but can mention some of 'em, at least the ones is can remember

Cabin biscuit + Closeup toothpaste
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by MrCrackles(m): 8:37am On Dec 16, 2009
My friends cooked rice and sardines in a bournvita tin over a makeshift fire at the back of the dinning. . .
That was real horrible with adulterated spices. . . . .But we had to eat it
Boarding house is a biatch is Nigeria and i had the opportunity to compare with boarding house in the UK, a trillion miles apart!!!
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Knight1(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2009
Can't remember clearly now but i think maybe unripe fruit

the Mr wiv cabin and closeupshocked, respect!!!
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 22, 2009
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2009
1. Noodles soaked in cold water
2. Garricake
3. Dinning hall food which may contain; hair, toe/finger nails, tooth, cockroach, ants etc. Its a wonder im still alive.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by mamagee3(f): 2:07am On Dec 23, 2009
Burnt Beans. . . angry
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by yjay(f): 9:50am On Dec 23, 2009
Ebonyeyes:

2. Garricake
3. Dinning hall food which may contain; hair, toe/finger nails, tooth, cockroach, ants etc. Its a wonder im still alive.

had that too grin
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by chy(f): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2009
yeah awful lots of senseless things

Noodles soaked in cold water amd mixed with the spices
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by iDoc(m): 3:09am On Dec 25, 2009
CRICKETS!!! caught at night and roasted with palm oil! grin
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by ijawgirl: 2:34am On Dec 26, 2009
garri and orange juice
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by coolier(f): 4:18pm On Dec 26, 2009
Kulikuli.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by mamagee3(f): 12:12am On Dec 27, 2009
i, Doc:

CRICKETS!!! caught at night and roasted with palm oil! grin

That's disgusting! sad
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Sammy107d(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2009
ijaw_girl:

garri and orange juice

What boarding school is that??
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by jumaingirl(f): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2009
Garri cake, Noodeles soaked in cold water, burnt rice and beans, a whole lot of nonsense
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by madamL(f): 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2009
cold water eba with geisha mixed with ground pepper as soup. One funny plant that we ate the outgrowths on the way to the stream near our school
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Materese: 8:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
In my school junior girls used to chew up moin-moin leaves, swallow the juice and spit out the fibre.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Materese: 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2010
madam L:

cold water eba with geisha mixed with ground pepper as soup.

Sounds like Eba n Ge
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by bamboke(f): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2010
In days when provisions were finished,it was cheap to chew kulikuli and drink water on it
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by GL(f): 11:25pm On Jan 11, 2010
holotee:

Cabin biscuit + Closeup toothpaste

eww!

Ebonyeyes:

2. Garricake

same here. i saw bugs in our beans several times.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by iice(f): 11:51am On Jan 12, 2010
A cup of corn grin
I was just bored that day jare. Termites are standard, even at home cheesy

Dirty oily well water. . .just mix it with garri to give flavor (Rusty) and color (brown) grin
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by ikamefa(f): 7:58pm On Jan 12, 2010
roasted termites

unripe mangoes

sandy garri

stony half cooked beans

Thank God an still alive grin grin
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Dimka76(m): 8:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
chewing gum and gari !
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by SeanT21(f): 5:51am On Jan 20, 2010
Dimka 76:

chewing gum and gari !

WOW. What a lovely boarding school. Very Rare..
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Nobody: 6:55am On Jan 20, 2010
Half cooked rice with kuli kuli. The matron caught us when we were cooking and siezed the heater, we were so hungry ate the rice like dat. God is alive oh, if i eat that now, am sure i will be in the hospital for weeks
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by mcnepow(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2010
We were about 8 in numba. Half cooked spaghetti pasta cos d lights went out on d electric cooker. Then raw sliced onions + powderd pepper + palm oil added to it. Took one spoon and couldnt continue to avoid sickness.
Re: The Worst Thing You Ate When You Were Hungry In Boarding School by Demdem(m): 7:16am On Jan 20, 2010
One big bowl of Gari, one cube of sugar and 2 kulikuli (roborobo shape) and water from the stream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Strange Gigantic Fish Found At Eleko Beach: (photos) / Coconut Rice Served With Shrimp And Gizzard Sauce.simply Lovely / Ulcer? Indigestion? Bloated Tummy? Check In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.