Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? (83250 Views)

What's Happening On The Badagry Axis? / What's Happening On The Lagos-Ibadan Axis? / What's Happening On The Ikorodu Axis? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 8:21am On Apr 02, 2010
2. The bus operators would rather pass the cost to their passengers than risk being charged with some criminal act.

Remember that their operations in that axis is not free for all like other parts of Lagos.

During Tinubu's regime, City Bus was granted the monoply, if my memory serves me correctly.

I think the arrangement broke down at a point and a company called T&W took over. This company can easily be brow beaten by LASG to
pass the cost.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 8:41am On Apr 02, 2010
3. The low class folks will have to move out or struggle with increased fares especially if they are salary earners.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 8:43am On Apr 02, 2010
3. The midlle class folks are likely to be more interested in getting to their offices and homes safely and early.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 8:48am On Apr 02, 2010
4. The midlle class folks are likely to be more interested in getting to their offices and homes safely and early.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2010
5. That leaves us with rich, high and mighty of Phase 1, VGC and the like.

Will they be willing to pay or will they protest?

Will they relocate to Ikoyi and VI like some did when the traffic situation became unbearable for them?

Will they speak out now like some surprisingly did during the UMYA cabal/kitchen cabinet saga?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 02, 2010
anything over N100 is exorbitant. besides, i can't imagine paying a toll everyday to get home. unfair. do residents and workers get a sticker?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 10:42am On Apr 02, 2010
The whole thing is like a naija home video or soap opera.  We'll have to wait and see how it all ends.

Where are our civil society groups? Now is the time to speak out and act!

Once the toll plaza is walled off and people are forced to pay tolls since there are no alteratives, it would be difficult though not impossible to stop.

Any protests or legal challenges must start now.

Like someone earlier remarked, the people on the peninsula probably pay the highest taxes to LASG yet the government has not provided adequate infrastructure. No water, no road. Yet taxes colllected from the residents are used to develop other areas of the state.

I percieve that LCC anticipates and is preparing for the reaction of residents.

Let's pray that God will deliver us from the Lagos cabal.

Just my two cents.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by phuckNL: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2010
Abeg na, i need pictures of the completed toll and the phase 1 roundabout!!!
Somebody, anybody, puuuuleaaaaaaaseeeeee
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by axeman85(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2010
Its totally unfair to both rich and poor and to all in general. why must the residents or people who ply the route pay for the developments of the road or the area ? if thats the case then people in lekki or those who will ply the route should be excluded from paying tax afterall the reason tax is paid is for the development of the country which includes good roads amongst all other things. and even if they will introduce toll gate it should be a highways and expressways and not residential area like that. they place is already congested with heavy traffic. creating a tollgate will only make things worse in the place. whoever advised the goernment on that idea must just be a someone with empty brain without knowledge or just daft.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by X2X(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2010
axeman85:

Its totally unfair to both rich and poor and to all in general. why must the residents or people who ply the route pay for the developments of the road or the area ? if thats the case then people in lekki or those who will ply the route should be excluded from paying tax afterall the reason tax is paid is for the development of the country which includes good roads amongst all other things. and even if they will introduce toll gate it should be a highways and expressways and not residential area like that. they place is already congested with heavy traffic. creating a tollgate will only make things worse in the place. whoever advised the goernment on that idea must just be a someone with empty brain without knowledge or just daft.

I agree with you more or less. However, I think that if the road is expanded (more lanes), as they have said they would, then the traffic constraint will be limited to a few metres to the toll gates.

For me, progress has been too slow - I heard they are still struggling to complete a 6 km stretch from the Exxon end. May God help us.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2010
I do not envisage traffic congestion at the toll plaza. This is because the roads approaching the plaza are quite wide enough.

In addition, the use of electronic passes should also ease the movement of cars through the plaza.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by phuckNL: 9:17pm On Apr 06, 2010
Nobody has pictures??
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 7:49am On Apr 08, 2010
Work on stretch between second round about and third roundabout has reached Sill Waters Estate (near Ikate Elegushi).
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 5:32pm On Apr 09, 2010
Managed to get photographs of work done so far. Turns out they exceed the size limit for attachement so could not be uploaded.

I was trying to resize the photos when my laptop went kaput! Won't even boot!

If you can help with resizing and uploading, please post mail address so I can mail them to you.  Luckily I have them on my phone.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by X2X(m): 6:34pm On Apr 09, 2010
johnie:

Managed to get photographs of work done so far. Turns out they exceed the size limit for attachement so could not be uploaded.

I was trying to resize the photos when my laptop went kaput! Won't even boot!

If you can help with resizing and uploading, please post mail address so I can mail them to you.  Luckily I have them on my phone.

Johnie, kindly forward  to "Afroquest at Yahoo dot com", please ignore spaces in the email address. I will convert to a smaller file format (PNG?) and upload . . . that is if you are still having probs with your laptop.

Have a good weekend. Cheers
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 9:11pm On Apr 09, 2010
i discovered that I cannot attach files from my mobile yahoo.

Even to register on other free mail providers is a problem. They all insist on registering on a PC.

Frustrating!
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by phuckNL: 12:11am On Apr 10, 2010
johnie:

i discovered that I cannot attach files from my mobile yahoo.

Even to register on other free mail providers is a problem. They all insist on registering on a PC.

Frustrating!

chei. We have to find a solution oo. hope your laptop "recovers" soon. Thanks in advance for the pics!!
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2010
Anyone heard from Megastu recently?

His absence/silence is unusual.

Please let's know you are fine.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by X2X(m): 7:51pm On Apr 10, 2010
johnie:

Anyone heard from Megastu recently?

His absence/silence is unusual.

Please let's know you are fine.

Not heard from him, but a look at his profile page shows he was active on Nairaland as recently as yesterday (Friday) morning. I am sure he is fine.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by X2X(m): 8:13pm On Apr 10, 2010
BBC report on the Lekki Free Trade zone construction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1bG57flNw&feature=player_embedded
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by geeodus: 9:29am On Apr 11, 2010
Hi,

Does anyone have recent pictures of the new lekki 1 roundabout and the toll gate to share. Thanks in advance.

Checked LCC's website and there is nothing there. What can I Say?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by megastu(m): 5:08pm On Apr 12, 2010
Dear all,

I am not a rich person, but if paying toll will allow me to sleep and not be woken up with an alarm, will allow me leave my office by 6pm and get home by 7pm, so be it.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by megastu(m): 5:15pm On Apr 12, 2010
Hey guys, i had already posted before i read your comments about me. Thank you very much. I actually travelled for a week. Its nice to see the road like that, but sincerely this is what Govt ought to be doing for us. Very soon they will say ELECTRICITY FOR LEKKI-AJAH AXIS: Pay as you go.

Sincerley speaking i will rather pay more than to go through all this traffic stress and upon getting home, light issues. Talking about light, it seems to have improved a bit compared to previous year on year from 2007. Life is indeed getting better in LAGOS. grin
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by AdornHomes(f): 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2010
I can confirm that, there is less traffic on d Lekki Epe expressway.

Rgds
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by jagudabob: 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2010
Seriously where is Lawyer? Its no longer funny anymore. Nobody seems to care about his whereabouts or ask why he isnt posting his helpful articles. I seem to be the only one asking after him. There is no body here i the property forum that he hasnt helped either consciously or unconsciously and i think we owe him a duty to ask after him and his welfare. If he goes the property section will be totally bland. In fact it has been getting very bland for a while. Please you guys use your popularity to ask about his whereabouts.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by phuckNL: 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2010
guys make una post the pics of the roundabout and the completed toll gate na. I go use court order take demand am oooohhh!!!!!!!!!
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 11:39pm On Apr 12, 2010
Megastu, its good to hear from you again. Welcome back to this thread.

Guys, LCC/Hitech seem to be pulling all the stops o!

They have commenced construction of the second toll plaza just behind Chevron.

They have also began the extension of the lanes on the eastward route (i.e. Heading to Ajah) from the third round about and have reached Agungi as at this evening.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by phuckNL: 12:26am On Apr 13, 2010
johnie:

Megastu, its good to hear from you again. Welcome back to this thread.

Guys, LCC/Hitech seem to be pulling all the stops o!

They have commenced construction of the second toll plaza just behind Chevron.

They have also began the extension of the lanes on the eastward route (i.e. Heading to Ajah) from the third round about and have reached Agungi as at this evening.

my guy why are you doing me like this nah. The more you give updates, the more i want to see the pictures. puuuuuuuuuulleeeasseeeee, fix the uploading issue.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 7:52am On Apr 13, 2010
Phuck NL, I am sorry about the pictures. The situation is compounded by the fact that I can quite a lot of things of the laptop. I cannot just erase and reinstall the laptop because of this.

Anyone who can help with pictures of the progress of work will be highly appreciated.
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by johnie: 10:02am On Apr 13, 2010
Just wondering. Why is rail not part of the design of the new Lekki-Epe expressway?
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by geeodus: 2:37pm On Apr 14, 2010
Johnie,

You be oliver twist o! I beg make dem finish the road 1st and let's enjoy b4 we ask for rail. But on a serious note, your question is very reasonable and you wonder why we don't have an efficient ferry / water transport system along the lagoon from Ajah to Bonny camp.
Somebody please tell Otunba Glo to divert the money for beyonce performance at his daughters wedding to invest in the opportunity. We will say more prayers for the couple than beyonce
Re: What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? by phuckNL: 4:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
Like joke like joke, una no go gree post this pics abi?
Una well done ooh. Okay, the first person to post the pics go receive 100 dolls. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Nairaland Contractors Lounge / Man In Only Towel At Ecobank ATM Withdrawing Money (Photo) / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.