Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

Is Marriage Really An Investment? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage Really An Investment? (558 Views)

Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? / How To Know If You Are Really An Attractive Man / Is Marriage Really Important? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marriage Really An Investment? by osile2012: 8:06pm On Mar 09, 2017
A friend who earns about 70k a month managed to save up 2 million as his life savings. He plans to get married and friends have advised him to invest the money in marriage and he won't regret it. Some even used bible verses that he who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtain favour from God. They told him not to worry about spending the money that doors will open after the marriage .

I told him marriage is not an Investment, and I would not advise him to spend his entire savings on getting married. His wife to be just finished service and has no job yet. I told him if he cannot plan his wedding around 600k and invest the remaining 1.4 in business, then he should do trad and court marriage and invest the rest in business. When the money grows he can do wedding.

The hall alone will take about 600k, food and drinks another 600k and others.Hoping to recover some money from gifts people bring to wedding. I told him not to count on that, my own is that I don't want him to finish wedding this month and come to me to borrow money next month. Some started telling story of how a man got his first 1 million and used it to marry, and does started opening from there .

Do you think marriage is an Investment that u spend all your money to receive returns.? Or am I being unrealistic in my advise.?
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by Amarabae(f): 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
Marriage is a project and not an investment.
he should invest the money in business first inorder to stand firmly financially,after that he can talk about marriage.
steady and relevant income is very important in marriage.
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 09, 2017
Your friend just want to have a lavished wedding, one can do wedding with 500k.
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
Wedding...one day event.

Marriage...life time.

It's only a foolish man that would invest all his life savings in a wedding. After that, what next?...begging to eat I guess.
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2017
After the wedding comes the marriage. Don't waste you life savings to do a wedding. There's a life after the wedding involving two people, that means the needs will increase.

Bumbae1

1 Like

Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Mar 09, 2017
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by saintvc(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2017
a curse
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by obyrich(m): 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
He earns 70k monthly and was able to save up to 2million naira. It will take him nothing less than 3 years of serious management to achieve that. To think he was only suffering himself just to lavish it in one day is funny. If you think marriage is an investment ask Mr.X of Tonto Dike fame. grin
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by mazizitonene(m): 9:03pm On Mar 09, 2017
How can marriage be an investment ?....its a capital plus recurrent expenditure.....He better invests the money in a proper business.....spend minimally in the wedding....cos marriage is a life time affair.....be @least financially stable before getting married.....
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by larion: 8:18am On Mar 10, 2017
Amarabae:
Marriage is a project and not an investment.
he should invest the money in business first inorder to stand firmly financially,after that he can talk about marriage.
steady and relevant income is very important in marriage.

No ma! Marriage cannot be a project, in a project you work towards a conclusive end....in marriage you don't.
Re: Is Marriage Really An Investment? by osile2012: 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
He said he can raise money from gifts etc.But that's not a guaranty.

(1) (Reply)

Men / Ladies - Pick Your Favorite / To clear the doubt. / Ilovetofucck Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.