Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari (66229 Views)

Edgal Remains Acting CP Lagos- Police High Command / Breaking! I Never Said I Will Continue My Rest--buhari / Oshinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by olabrad: 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
that is the difference, no more free money again.
We in bmc hate free corrupt money.
We work hard for our money.
We hate corruption.

Can youi tell the world the HARD WORK you do for your money?

Can you kindly tell the world where the money is coming from?

Can you kindly tell the world which part of the Nigerian budget made provision for that corrupt spending?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by shaqhead: 4:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
dodelight:

You just made a public display of
your shallow knowledge of a more
recent history. Doctrine of necessity
was enforced in February 2010;
Yar'adua died May, 2010. Ergo, the doctrine of necessity was enforced while a the president was much alive. So I also
wonder if you're even a Nigerian. And by the way, I initially took that your word 'Son' for a typo error, but just realized it was deliberate. Excuse me! Not everyone with comments you don't agree with on Nairaland is a kid like you presumed. Try and show some maturity, please.
Still trying to find dust in clear water! Its no longer impeachment ryt? U obviously learnt something from the one you call "ignorant"...that's by the way!

The question u fail to answer is what necessitated the enforcement of the doctrine of necessity in the case of Yaradua...let me not leave u guessing! There was a power vacuum. Yes, that one sentence u read!

Was there a power vacuum wen Buhari was away? Osibanjo acted in the capacity of acting president wc Jonathan was not empowered to! So telling me that Yaradua was alive wen the doctrine was enforced has no basis!

Have a nice day!
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by wristbangle: 5:18pm On Mar 10, 2017
NwamaziNwaAro:
Hey ya

He wants Osibanjo to continue working
While
He concentrates on his burial arrangement.

Chai sadsadshocked
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by udifia4life: 5:43pm On Mar 10, 2017
nwabobo:

Ur 100% right
Truth is, the man is not well enough and may never regain full fitness for the rigours of the office but the cabal had to bring him in to secure their ground.
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2017
olabrad:

Can youi tell the world the HARD WORK you do for your money?

Can you kindly tell the world where the money is coming from?

Can you kindly tell the world which part of the Nigerian budget made provision for that corrupt spending?
ask your fellow ipod-
highestpopori

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by TPAND(f): 6:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
Haddock:

Why!!! Because he survived and returned against your wish? Pls let God be God, be careful.

YOU ARE WARNED!!!

Let God be God... Do you think you are talking to a scaredy toddler here. Never quote me in any mention again. You forgot the part of your bible that instruct you not to use the name of your Lord and God in vain. Be warned!
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by dodelight(m): 7:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
shaqhead:

Still trying to find dust in clear water! Its no longer impeachment ryt? U obviously learnt something from the one you call "ignorant"...that's by the way!

The question u fail to answer is what necessitated the enforcement of the doctrine of necessity in the case of Yaradua...let me not leave u guessing! There was a power vacuum. Yes, that one sentence u read!

Was there a power vacuum wen Buhari was away? Osibanjo acted in the capacity of acting president wc Jonathan was not empowered to! So telling me that Yaradua was alive wen the doctrine was enforced has no basis!

Have a nice day!
Thanks for the lecture. It just occurred to me that your definition of 'Doctrine of necessity' is only applicable in the premises of vacuum in power. But you got it wrong. It rather applies in situations where the unexpected or the unforeseen occur in the polity without any relevant provision of the law. And in this case though the president handed over power to his vice, is prolonged stay out of office for whatever reasons calls for a necessity whereby the vice would be sworn in as substantial president whether he (the president) resigns or not. Thanks.
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by shaqhead: 8:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
dodelight:

Thanks for the lecture. It just occurred to me that your definition of 'Doctrine of necessity' is only applicable in the premises of vacuum in power. But you got it wrong. It rather applies in situations where the unexpected or the unforeseen occur in the polity without any relevant provision of the law. And in this case though the president handed over power to his vice, is prolonged stay out of office for whatever reasons calls for a necessity whereby the vice would be sworn in as substantial president whether he (the president) resigns or not. Thanks.
Firstly u r wrong to assume that I assumed that the "doctrine of necessity" applies ONLY to a case of Vacuum in power. I harped on that because that was the case in point!

Secondly, for the fact that Buhari transmitted a letter to the National puts paid to the need for ur magic wand "doctrine of necessity" as there won't be any need whatsoever for that.

Thirdly, for the fact that Osibanjo is acting president won't make him President if Buhari dies or is incapacitated, that is a flawed notion from you. Osibanjo will serve out the term of Buhari as ACTING PRESIDENT not president! How could you forget so soon that wen the doctrine of necessity was enforced, GEJ became ACTING PRESIDENT n served out Yaraduas term before contesting for the Presidency in 2011?

So it follows that since Osibanjo was empowered constitutionally there won't b any need for doctrine of necessity! This is d constitutional position! Anyway u said we shd discard the constitution but u forget that the doctrine of necessity that u are latching on only comes up as a reference to the weakness of the CONSTITUTION! And at this moment this govt has got its bases covered!

Remember that was why Buhari said that Yaradua shd b impeached when he created a constitutional crisis by creating a vacuum in the seat of the presidency!

Read this: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/buharis-health-what-nigerias-constitution-says-on-the-prolonged-absence-of-president.233706/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7834233861
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by dodelight(m): 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2017
shaqhead:

Firstly u r wrong to assume that I assumed that the "doctrine of necessity" applies ONLY to a case of Vacuum in power. I harped on that because that was the case in point!

Secondly, for the fact that Buhari transmitted a letter to the National puts paid to the need for ur magic wand "doctrine of necessity" as there won't be any need whatsoever for that.

Thirdly, for the fact that Osibanjo is acting president won't make him President if Buhari dies or is incapacitated, that is a flawed notion from you. Osibanjo will serve out the term of Buhari as ACTING PRESIDENT not president! How could you forget so soon that wen the doctrine of necessity was enforced, GEJ became ACTING PRESIDENT n served out Yaraduas term before contesting for the Presidency in 2011?

So it follows that since Osibanjo was empowered constitutionally there won't b any need for doctrine of necessity! This is d constitutional position! Anyway u said we shd discard the constitution but u forget that the doctrine of necessity that u are latching on only comes up as a reference to the weakness of the CONSTITUTION! And at this moment this govt has got its bases covered!

Remember that was why Buhari said that Yaradua shd b impeached when he created a constitutional crisis by creating a vacuum in the seat of the presidency!

Read this: https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/buharis-health-what-nigerias-constitution-says-on-the-prolonged-absence-of-president.233706/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7834233861
Well said. I think we've both had our view shared on the subject matter. Though I could have a line from your last reply on which I'd hinge another point to buttress my stance, but I'll let it rest here. It's been quite an interesting argument so to speak. Thanks. I'm Daniel.
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by hamzeiy: 9:06pm On Mar 10, 2017
CROWNWEALTH019:
grin This STOCKFISH needs to rest tongue
stock fish..thats your new word discovery abi..anyway i dont xpect sense from ipob imbeci.les
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by eclecticbaron: 9:25pm On Mar 10, 2017
dodelight:
Welcome. But the smart of us already know your return was packaged by your handlers so you escape impeachment threat. But God is smarter. However, my question to fellow Nigerians is: How long shall we tolerate a very few and selfish persons in the corridor of power to deceive and manipulate the lots of us?

True talk!
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by shaqhead: 9:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
dodelight:

Well said. I think we've both had our view shared on the subject matter. Though I could have a line from your last reply on which I'd hinge another point to buttress my stance, but I'll let it rest here. It's been quite an interesting argument so to speak. Thanks. I'm Daniel.
Hey Dan, am Daveed! Yeah its bn an interesting one...feels so good sparring intellectually! I apologise for the "Son" epithet!
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by dodelight(m): 10:00pm On Mar 10, 2017
shaqhead:

Hey Dan, am Daveed! Yeah its bn an interesting one...feels so good sparring intellectually! I apologise for the "Son" epithet!
You're welcome.
Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
no.
We need him now to reap the good seed he has sowed since last year.
Your ineffectual buffoon head would have be better for sacrifice.
Chain! Good seed? Garri 1k per paint rubber. #yourmumudondo

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by Jesusloveyou: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2017
BeardedMeat:
Chain! Good seed? Garri 1k per paint rubber. #yourmumudondo
but you can afford india sachet garri with 5k.
#Yourmumudondo

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by BeardedMeat(m): 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
but you can afford india sachet garri with 5k.
#Yourmumudondo
Too bad Buhary is a curse that just won't go away. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari by Haddock(m): 10:34pm On Mar 12, 2017
TPAND:

Let God be God... Do you think you are talking to a scaredy toddler here. Never quote me in any mention again. You forgot the part of your bible that instruct you not to use the name of your Lord and God in vain. Be warned!

tongue

YOU ARE WARNED!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano House Of Assembly Chief Whip Car's Number Plate Written As Chip Whip / 7 Women Who Made President Buhari's Ministerial List: PROFILES + PHOTOS / Olawunmi: Boko Haram Named Governors, Senators, Aso Rock Officials As Sponsors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.