Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (11961 Views)

Ugwuanyi To Immortalize Azikiwe, See What He's Doing At Former Residence Of Zik / Ambode Commissions Ile Zik-sango Toll Gate Street Lights / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:50pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
so are you saying Zik was the only person who could reason with the northerners, you also said they had no intelligence. But don't you think the fact that they ve been keeping you as 5th class citizens demonstrates a lot about your own "intelligence" Now my friend. Since you didn't object when your leader Zik was negotiating with the north who you knew to be all these things you wrote. You will have to go and wake Zik to come and negotiate with them now. grin cheesy

The fifth citizens of Nigeria know themselves. Their masters remind them of that everyday with no remorse. Ilorin is there to point us right!

"...We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King
and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient
town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their
filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places
and all these people by imposing Islam on them by
force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and
most of them chose the Koran..."

Chew on the above.

Hehe!

4 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 4:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Olu317:
You Ibos are quite funny with your flaw views without research... Wha about the time zik ABADONED THE IBOS AND JOINED NIGERIA'S GOVERNMENT DURING 1967-1970 EHN? You quoted a loser that they don't even know in Ilorin. Who in Ilorin you know that has come out to tell you “ I AM A FULANI MAN OR WOMAN?, DO YOU KNOW BEFORE THE BRITISH COLONIALIST WICKEDLY CARVED ILORIN TO NORTH, OYO HAD STATIONED HIS REPRESENTATIVE IN ILORIN? DO YOU KNOW THE ILORIN PEOPLE MENTION IT TO BRITISH COLONIALIST THAT THEY BELONGED WITH THE WEST? DO YOU EVEN KNOW THERE IS OBA IN JEBBA? THIS IS A PLACE AFTER ILORIN .THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH IBOS. YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ACCOUNT OF YOUR OWN HISTORY YET YOU DELVE INTO ANOTHER MAN'S HISTORY WHOSE HISTORY YOU BARELY KNOW. I AM SORRY FOR YOU..

Bla bla bla! No one cares. We know your history, your Arewa partners or is it masters had spoken.

What ever you had going on with them, We don't care. We are only interested in making sure you become eternally trapped with them in Boko Islamic republic of Arewa-oduanistan, free from us, where you both can finish off your marriage Afonja started many years ago.

3 Likes

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

The fifth citizens of Nigeria know themselves. Their masters remind them of that everyday with no remorse. Ilorin is there to point us right!

Chew on the above.

Hehe!
good that we have settled the part of Zik being the only one able to negotiate with the north. Now as for who's the fifth class citizen, I would think it is those who haven't and never will rule Nigeria. That is considering the ijaws have had a go at it already. We should also ponder the issue that there are certain people clamouring for freedom today, those who have already fought and lost,but still haven't earned the right to eat at the table. Let's discuss that

8 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
In Zik's voice, "Nigeria is indissoluble"

For his efforts, Zik got the Abuja Airport named after him, the Nigerian 500 Naira note , streets and so many other local and National monuments.
It is too late to cry when the head is off.
If that secession clause has been allowed in the Nigeria constitution pre independence, it is most likely that it would have made its way into subsequent Nigeria constitution draft and final version (1954, 1960, 1963, 1979, 1993 and 1999).
To change the Nigeria constitution now will require practically everybody to endorse it.
2/3 NASS, 2/3 state Assembly from 2/3 States of the federation compared to when 3 or 4 people (Zik, Awo and Ahmadu Bello) were calling the shots.

3 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
Reading through Zik's speech and interview with NN just kept me laughing.

Whoever removed history from our school curriculum should be shot.

Every Osu should go to wherever Zik is buried to urinate on his graveyard.

8 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
good that we have settled the part of Zik being the only one able to negotiate with the north. Now as for who's the fifth class citizen, I would think it is those who haven't and never will rule Nigeria. That is considering the ijaws have had a go at it already. We should also ponder the issue that there are certain people clamouring for freedom today, those who have already fought and lost,but still haven't earned the right to eat at the table. Let's discuss that

Lol! No one cares about your colonial entity presidency. It never solved Northern problems, it never solved those of Yolobas, neither did it solve those of Niger Deltans as they recently found out from GEJ presidency.

There is no how you can mend a sour soup without the sour taste always being there.

Ndiigbo had moved on from Nigeria. Only politicians talk about Presidency that benefits just them, their immediate families and cronies.

Keep floating, your eternal destination is a permanent Islamic Arewa-oduanistan.

5 Likes

Re: . by stonemasonn: 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
Kathmandu:
You may ask me to agree that if the British left Nigeria to its fate, the Northerners would continue their uninterrupted march to the sea, as was prophesied six years ago? My reply is that such an empty threat is devoid of historical substance and that so far as I know, the Eastern Region has never been subjugated by any indigenous African invader. At the price of being accused of overconfidence, I will risk a prophecy and say that, other things being equal, the Easterners will defend themselves gallantly, if and when they are invaded

It came to pass 13 years later. We are going to do so forever. We will never be subjugated by those men from Futa jallon
It's already starting from Abraka in Delta state, just a matter of time my dear, except by miracle Bubu should kaput.
Re: . by Olu317(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Bla bla bla! No one cares. We know your history, your Arewa partners or is it masters had spoken.

What ever you had going on with them, We don't care. We are only interested in making sure you become eternally trapped with them in Boko Islamic republic of Arewa-oduanistan, free from us, where you both can finish off your marriage Afonja started many years ago.
SO YOU DON'T KNOW OBA OF JEBBA. YOU BETTER GO TO CHURCH AND REPENT OF YOUR HATRED FOR YOUR YORUBA ETHNICITY. ELSE YOU WILL WALLOW IN BITTERNESS AND SUBJUGATION. YORUBAS DON'T HAVE YOUR COOKED UP FALSIFIED STORY.. LET ME GIVE YOU A WEEKEND GIFT...

THE PICTURE OF OBA JEBBA

5 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
deji15:

For his efforts, Zik got the Abuja Airport named after him, the Nigerian 500 Naira note , streets and so many other local and National monuments.
If that secession clause has been allowed in the Nigeria constitution pre independence, it is most likely that it would have made its way into subsequent Nigeria constitution draft and final version (1954, 1960, 1963, 1979, 1993 and 1999).
To change the Nigeria constitution now will require practically everybody to endorse it.
2/3 NASS, 2/3 state Assembly from 2/3 States of the federation compared to when 3 or 4 people are calling the shots.

If there were any such thing in the constitution, that would have been the first thing Gowon and his Yoloba advisers would have removed via military decrees once they assumed power.

So this talk is a bit redundant.

3 Likes

Re: . by CliffordOrji: 5:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

where you both can finish off your marriage Afonja started many years ago.
This is one of the many reasons why I often say we Igbos are fools. You keep yapping about Ilorin and Afoinja. Did you know that Bukola Saraki is from Ilorin? Did you know that Bukola Saraki is a direct descendant of the real Afonja? Yet while Saraki's kinsmen were busy stoning him in the wake of his trial at the CCB, we Igbos were busy licking his shiity asshole. We were busy protesting in support of Saraki, Afonja's great great great grand child. Are we Igbo's cursed?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2017
deji15:

2/3 NASS, 2/3 state NASS from 2/3 States of the federation compared to when 3 or 4 people are calling the shots.
the deed has been done, they tried to outsmart the rest of us. They knew they were a people prone to wander as Zik himself grew up in the north. They wanted unfettered access to the riches from the length and breadth of Nigeria as a citizen .and that they did, but posterity made sure all the wealth they got didn't go to their land. Now they don't want to stay but cant leave either. Confused lot

5 Likes

Re: . by stonemasonn: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

How will a group of people that their forefathers could not even build a town, talkless of a city before the arrival of the British, repel the vicious attacks of the Fouta Jallon descendants?
The best war they ever fought was led by their women and that was Aba "riot" of 1927. Before then, their best wars were the ones they fought in their hamlet market Square to determine the strongest man that will marry Adaobi, Shinyere, Shindinma, Shindodo, Shinwinrin, Shineye etc.

We fought and defeated them resoundingly during the Jalumi War and they never recovered from it. The same way the Osus were defeated at Ore.

All what they enjoy doing is chest beating. They dared Fulani herdsmen to attack their land. Those ones attacked Ebonyi, Imo, Anambra, Enugu and even hoisted a flag in Abia and ask them what did they do, apart from their sissy Govs crying on national TV.
OMG
Re: . by najoke: 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2017
CliffordOrji:
This is one of the many reasons why I often say we Igbos are fools. You keep yapping about Ilorin and Afoinja. Did you know that Bukola Saraki is from Ilorin? Did you know that Bukola Saraki is a direct descendant of the real Afonja? Yet while Saraki's kinsmen were busy stoning him in the wake of his trial at the CCB, we Igbos were busy licking his shiity asshole. We were busy protesting in support of Saraki, Afonja's great great great grand child. Are we Igbo's cursed?
Kikiki. .. lipsrsealed

7 Likes

Re: . by jollymizzle(m): 5:14pm On Mar 11, 2017
CliffordOrji:
lmao grin grin, this is what my people refer to as "oro pesi je" aka it is finished

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

If there were any such thing in the constitution, that would have been the first thing Gowon and his Yoloba advisers would have removed via military decrees once they assumed power.

So this talk is a bit redundant.

I don't agree with you. Remember the first coup was executed by the Igbos and the first Military Head of state was an Ibo. So before you jump to "Gowon and Yoloba", don't skip Ifeajuna and Aguiyi Ironsi. Don't try to be clever by half with your usual selective amnesia

6 Likes

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 5:18pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Chew on the above.

Hehe!

cheesy cheesy cheesy see me laughing with you but you've been pretending not to see my question

If you agree with zik that the Union was indissoluble in 1953. If you agree with zik that ojukwu invited war by committing the treasonable act of secession in 1967, why are you disturbing us with ipob and massob today?

What has changed between 1953 and today with respect to the indissoluble nature of this Union as zik described and affirmed by you?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by shukuokukobambi: 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2017
CliffordOrji:

You know they have the afonjas they see as gods and worship cheesy

Like FFK, Fayose, Bukola Saraki, Dino Melaye etc

4 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
CliffordOrji:

Lol! Rented crowd.

2 Likes

Re: . by deomelo: 5:22pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

"On August 31, 1966, Gowon abolished Decree 34
and restored the federal system. On May 27,
1967, Gowon created the 12 states, killed the four
regions and handed supreme authority to the
central Government. It has been so since"
thenationonlineng.net/journey-that-leads-to-
nowhere/ thenationonlineng.net/journey-that-
leads-to-nowhere/

Awolowo driven by greed goaded and supported Gowon dissolution of Nigerian regions because of his greed and lust for power.

Funny enough,the same slimy Yolobas would chant regionalism today while falsely blaming dead Ironsi for killing the regions, when it was Gowon with his Awolowo partner that did that with active support of Arewa-oduanistani populace.

I will always be here to remind you lots, force it down your throats until you choke from it!
Hehe!

Gowan and irrelevant article you posted did not alter the fact that your ibo brother abolished regional governments and in effect joined us all together as a unitary entity.

Did your ibo brother abolished regional autonomy? Yes or No and why did ibo man not only advocated for one Nigeria, but a;so backed it up with a decree?

Your forefathers wanted one Nigeria and designed the same one Nigeria you have today.

Even your leaders today from governors to ministers want one Nigeria so what is your point.?

4 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:26pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy cheesy see me laughing with you but you've been pretending not to see my question

If you agree with zik that the Union was indissoluble in 1953. If you agree with zik that ojukwu invited war by committing the treasonable act of secession in 1967, why are you disturbing us with ipob and massob today?

What has changed between 1953 and today with respect to the indissoluble nature of this Union as zik described and affirmed by you?

I don't agree with Zik on the indissolublity of the colonial entity. But I'm glad to know that despite the fact that Zik felt the British colonial estate was indissoluble, he admitted that he would personally not go beyond diplomacy to keep any group bent on secession.
Do the Arewa-oduanistanis hold this same view with Zik? No! So why the obsession with Zik words?

4 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
deomelo:

Gowan and irrelevant article you posted did not alter the fact that your ibo brother abolished regional governments and in effect joined us all together as a unitary entity.

Did your ibo brother abolished regional autonomy? Yes or No and why did ibo man not only advocated for one Nigeria, but a;so backed it up with a decree?

Your forefathers wanted one Nigeria and designed the same one Nigeria you have today.

Even your leaders today from governors to ministers want one Nigeria so what is your point.?

leads-to-nowhere/

Read the above again. This time around, slowly.

Thank me later.
Bye bye.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
stonemasonn:
It's already starting from Abraka in Delta state, just a matter of time my dear, except by miracle Bubu should kaput.
They will fail
Re: . by CliffordOrji: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

You know they have the afonjas they see as gods and worship cheesy

Like FFK, Fayose, Bukola Saraki, Dino Melaye etc
They even gave Saraki a Chieftaincy title as the Eze Ndigbo of Biafra. Smh

6 Likes

Re: . by deomelo: 5:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

I don't agree with Zik on the indissolublity of the colonial entity. But I'm glad to know that despite the fact that Zik felt the British colonial estate was indissoluble, he admitted that he would personally not go beyond diplomacy to keep any group bent on secession.
Do the Arewa-oduanistanis hold this same view with Zik? No! So why the obsession with Zik words?

Forget about zik and what he said about diplomacy, are Igbos deploying violence and hatred or diplomacy today?

Why are you even obsessed about Hausa and Yoruba when it comes to your own freedom? Do you you need other people to validate or dictate your desire for freedom?

3 Likes

Re: . by Olu317(m): 5:33pm On Mar 11, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

We have asked them to tell us the name of the war the fulani fought to conquer Ilorin, till date they are still blabbing.

The entire Ilorin is surrounded by yoruba Obas From Jebba to Kaaba to Offa to Ogbomosho. How did the Fulani passed through those kingdoms without conquering them?

They will never answer the question.

Remind them of how minority group changed the name of their town from Obigbo to Oyigbo. Ask them to change the name back first before we can talk about ilorin
l I am seriously tired of these people with cooked up stories. They are the ones that owns every where. They are the ones that built LAGOS State with their gala sales and imported furniture as well as generators.. If they want to mention, they will mention Uba as an oil magnate, they will mention coscharis. They won't let us breathe fresh air because some of their less than 3% businessmen in western Nigeria, precisely Lagos and environment.. Ibos want to suffocate us. where do they put Funmilayo ALAKIJA? where do they put OTEDOLA FOR A START? JAGABAN NKO? IBOS ARE JUST NOISE MAKERS SIMPLY BECAUSE YORUBA(OGBOMOSOS)who WERE ORIGINALLY in the trade of buying and selling and are mostly not into it again in Nigeria but in other countries which IBOS FOLLOWED after YORUBAS ARE ALWAYS TRAIL BLAZER BECAUSE GOD ALWAYS USE YORUBA TO DO THINGS NO MAN HAS DONE BEFORE IN AFRICA....... LET IBOS GO AND LEARN... THEY SHOULD READ THE STORY OF THE FIRST MAN IN THE HISTORY OF AFRICAN WORLD TO HAVE TRAVELLED 87 STOPS ACROSS DIFFERENT COUNTRIES IN THE WORLD WITH HIS MOTORBIKE (OLABISI AJALA)

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
jollymizzle:
the deed has been done, they tried to outsmart the rest of us. They knew they were a people prone to wander as Zik himself grew up in the north. They wanted unfettered access to the riches from the length and breadth of Nigeria as a citizen .and that they did, but posterity made sure all the wealth they got didn't go to their land. Now they don't want to stay but cant leave either. Confused lot
They got the first indigenous Vice Chancellor of University of Ibadan and Lagos, plus many other Federal Appointments, through Zik's actions, politics, croynism and nepotism.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by CliffordOrji: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

Lol! Rented crowd.
So Ike Ekweremadu is also a rented crowd? Shouldn't we Igbos be worried that Ekweremadu, the highest ranking Igbo politician today in Nigeria is a minion of an Afonja

8 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 5:36pm On Mar 11, 2017
deji15:

I don't agree with you. Remember the first coup was executed by the Igbos and the first Military Head of state was an Ibo. So before you jump to "Gowon and Yoloba", don't skip Ifeajuna and Aguiyi Ironsi. Don't try to be clever by half with your usual selective amnesia

Nzeogwu, Ifeajuna and Ironsi were nationalists, not secessionists. Why would they divide the country using civilian laws, when they were military men?

They wouldnt have touched the secession clause. But Ojukwu would have wanted it activated the moment Igbo massacre went wildfire and Gowon and the North looked other way.

And the same Gowon and his Yoloba advisers that reneged on the Aburi accord, preferring useless decree, would have quickly dissolved that section of the constitution by propounding a new anti secession decree.
These people rejected Aburi agreement because they felt it effectively left the country as a confederation of regions, but we are now meant to agree they would accept a civilian constitution that sanctioned secession?

So, this secession clause talk is pointless and redundant seeing as that period in history when it would have been exercised if at all , was a period of military regimes , who rule not by constitutions, but by decrees.

3 Likes

Re: . by Volksfuhrer(m): 5:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
CliffordOrji:
Alright Nwoke'm. Tell us why did azikiwe run away from Biafra to support the Nigerian government in the killing of we Igbos? This was the same Zik that composed the Biafra National anthem. Is Zik not deserving of the award of the most treachrous, greedy, covetous backstabber? A man who composed the Natoinal Anthem of a country he had no faith in

This post brought tearful laughter to my soul. CliffordOrji, you are wickedly funny!grin

5 Likes

Re: . by SuperS1Panther: 5:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
Every iPod must be directed to read history here.

Thread of the Year award goes to this Beautiful Thread.

5 Likes

Re: . by paschu: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
So in your own version of reasonability 1/3 eqauls the majority vote?

Dunkies.

SuperS1Panther:

That put to the bed the fallacy of the lying Osus.

1 Like

Re: . by deomelo: 5:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
pazienza:

leads-to-nowhere/

Read the above again. This time around, slowly.

Thank me later.
Bye bye.

Read the highlighted and answer my question.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Remove Boroh As Presidential Amnesty Adviser" Protest On East-West Road (Pics) / Joseph Daudu: Northern Governors Should Develop Economies Not Bicker Over VAT / Katsina Has Highest Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy — NPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.