Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,757 members, 7,831,444 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) (48952 Views)

Sierra Leone Government Patronises Innoson Vehicles In Anambra State (Pictures) / The 7 Most Expensive Cars In The World (Photos) / Brabus 900 Unveiled As The Most Powerful V12 Off-roader In The World (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

have u heard of aegis, ratheon, ? u probably havent heard of or read abt america's ability to intercept missiles mid air with 100% accuracy.

I forgot that your were born in 1989 and I shouldn't have bothered replying your mentions.

If not, you wouldn't be asking me about the same overrated & useless Aegis system that have been defeated by the Russians. You should enlighten yourself.

What Frightened The USS Donald Cook So Much In The Black Sea

“The State Department acknowledged that the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized ever since their vessel was flown over in the Black Sea by a Russian Sukhoi-24 (Su-24) fighter jet which carried neither bombs nor missiles but only an electronic warfare device.

On 10 April 2014, the USS Donald Cook entered the waters of the Black Sea and on 12 April a Russian Su-24 tactical bomber flew over the vessel triggering an incident that, according to several media reports, completely demoralized its crew, so much so that the Pentagon issued a protest.

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawk missiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta [2], contained a Russian electronic warfare device called #Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up – or about to be – with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft – unarmed – repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.”
grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 12, 2017
Zoharariel:

I forgot that your were born in 1989 and I shouldn't have bothered replying your mentions.

If not, you wouldn't be asking me about the same overrated & useless Aegis system that have been defeated by the Russians. You should enlighten yourself.

What Frightened The USS Donald Cook So Much In The Black Sea

“The State Department acknowledged that the crew of the destroyer USS Donald Cook has been gravely demoralized ever since their vessel was flown over in the Black Sea by a Russian Sukhoi-24 (Su-24) fighter jet which carried neither bombs nor missiles but only an electronic warfare device.

On 10 April 2014, the USS Donald Cook entered the waters of the Black Sea and on 12 April a Russian Su-24 tactical bomber flew over the vessel triggering an incident that, according to several media reports, completely demoralized its crew, so much so that the Pentagon issued a protest.

The USS Donald Cook (DDG-75) is a 4th generation guided missile destroyer whose key weapons are Tomahawk cruise missiles with a range of up to 2,500 kilometers, and capable of carrying nuclear explosives. This ship carries 56 Tomahawk missiles in standard mode, and 96 missiles in attack mode.

The US destroyer is equipped with the most recent Aegis Combat System. It is an integrated naval weapons systems which can link together the missile defense systems of all vessels embedded within the same network, so as to ensure the detection, tracking and destruction of hundreds of targets at the same time. In addition, the USS Donald Cook is equipped with 4 large radars, whose power is comparable to that of several stations. For protection, it carries more than fifty anti-aircraft missiles of various types.

Meanwhile, the Russian Su-24 that buzzed the USS Donald Cook carried neither bombs nor missiles but only a basket mounted under the fuselage, which, according to the Russian newspaper Rossiyskaya Gazeta [2], contained a Russian electronic warfare device called #Khibiny.

As the Russian jet approached the US vessel, the electronic device disabled all radars, control circuits, systems, information transmission, etc. on board the US destroyer. In other words, the all-powerful Aegis system, now hooked up – or about to be – with the defense systems installed on NATO’s most modern ships was shut down, as turning off the TV set with the remote control.

The Russian Su-24 then simulated a missile attack against the USS Donald Cook, which was left literally deaf and blind. As if carrying out a training exercise, the Russian aircraft – unarmed – repeated the same maneuver 12 times before flying away.

After that, the 4th generation destroyer immediately set sail towards a port in Romania.

Since that incident, which the Atlanticist media have carefully covered up despite the widespread reactions sparked among defense industry experts, no US ship has ever approached Russian territorial waters again.

According to some specialized media, 27 sailors from the USS Donald Cook requested to be relieved from active service.”
grin cheesy grin
oh please, who doesnt know that an emp device is a huge threat to warfare? evn the usa is scared of the possibility of north korea sending a missile high in space to avoid radar detection and knock out its electrical systems. dude wat u are sharing is common knowledge. without the emp onboard the fighter jet, if the jet were to launch and attack, the ship would be able to deploy counter measures.
And dude stop being childish by refering to the number in my username, doing such doesnt make u mature.
Here i was thinking u were going to come up with a constructive argument such as a missile that can avoid missile defense systems. but no u chose the childish route, interesting
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 12, 2017
prettyboi1989:

oh please, who doesnt know that an emp device is a huge threat to warfare? evn the usa is scared of the possibility of north korea sending a missile high in space to avoid radar detection and knock out its electrical systems. dude wat u are sharing is common knowledge. without the emp onboard the fighter jet, if the jet were to launch and attack, the ship would be able to deploy counter measures.
And dude stop being childish by refering to the number in my username, doing such doesnt make u mature.
Here i was thinking u were going to come up with a constructive argument such as a missile that can avoid missile defense systems. but no u chose the childish route, interesting

Alright! I'm done with you. If it was just an EMP, Amerika would have used it to shut down all the ships, jets & submarines of all her perceived enemies. I know you haven't heard of Magrav.

Anyways, don't bother to quote me again - I'm done. grin

1 Like

Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by cupidhero(m): 9:51pm On Mar 12, 2017
PaperLace:

I 'trust' my mechanic for now o, he hasn't done anything to breach that trust. Lol, I don't give that much trouble.
Yes, I can change my tyres, though those nuts could be so stubborn. I've done it just twice, other times...a brother came to my rescue, Nigerian men are nice like that.

You look like cupid? Hahahahaha, I can imagine.
Owerri? Count me out. angry
Lol. Na lie o....i must count you in. I always thought Owerri was your favorite Nigerian city...abi their latest status made you have a rethink?
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
cupidhero:

Lol. Na lie o....i must count you in. I always thought Owerri was your favorite Nigerian city...abi their latest status made you have a rethink?
No! angry
I've never liked that place, my favourite Nigerian city is Uyo.
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by tck2000(m): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
emmabest2000:
Names of Cars and their meaning ....

FIAT : Failure in Intalian automotive technology !

FORD : For only rough drivers !

HYUNDAI : Hope you understand nothing's drivable and inexpensive !

VOLVO : Very old looking vehicular object !

PORSCHE : Proof of rich spoiled children having everything !

OPEL : Old people enjoy life !

TOYOTA : The one you only trust always !

HONDA : Happy owners now driving away !

BMW : Big money waste !

AUDI : An unwanted debt invitation !

MERCEDES : Maximum enthusiasm , recurring cost , ego developed , expensive style !

PROTON : Potential risk of tingkap otomatik non-functionals !
Lol
Re: Largest Land Vehicles In The World (photos) by dmarientes(m): 3:06am On Jan 30, 2020
#carport

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best Car To Buy With N1.5million? / Which Brand Of Car Has The Best Fuel Economy? / Plymouth Prowler Spotted At The Palms, Lekki (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.