Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,082 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Pearls Of Love (episode 19) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Pearls Of Love (episode 19) (427 Views)

Pearls Of Love (episode 27) / Pearls Of Love (episode 18) / Pearls Of Love (episode 12) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pearls Of Love (episode 19) by ACKCITY: 3:29pm On Mar 11, 2017
After resuming back to work after the attack and my admission at the hospital, I had so much to do at work and so I usually got home late, sometimes as late as ten. That is not a late time to some people who see it as a normal time to get home; one wonders what is chasing them away from their homes.

So this particular day, I remember calling Ann earlier to tell her that I wasn’t going to get home early. The kids were fast asleep by the time I got to the house. Ann was watching CNN. She just greeted casually with this an unusual absent-mindedness I pretended not to notice. I went to the room upstairs and after undressing went back downstairs. But as soon as I sat on a couch, Ann stood up.

“Your food is on the table, I’m going to sleep now”, she said.

“Okay”, I answered her causally too, I was not in the mood to pester her; if she wants to keep to herself, good then she has all the time in the world, because the truth is that I had so much on my hands too.

I had at moments like that spend my thinking on important things, not on things that didn’t really matter. Well, not like love is unimportant, but I tell you career and money for a man is more important than anything, if you want that woman to keep respecting you.

My thoughts swayed to the security company I had an appointment with the next day. Since after the robbery incidence, I was no longer comfortable in the house like I’d use to be. And with all these thoughts on my mind, the least of my problems at that time was love, no not love!

After eating I decided to stay back downstairs, listening to Bob-Marley, I think I must have fallen asleep on the couch. I felt someone touched me, it was Ann. I woke up immediately, the C.D Player had stopped. I checked by my wristwatch, it was a minute after twelve.

“What’s the problem?’ she asked

“I think I slept off’, I told her

“You’ve never done that before’.

“New things happen, don’t they?’ I said, feeling very tired and got up, went to the control panel for the sitting room and pulled down the electrical control, the whole lights went off.

Change they say is the only constant thing.

“Let’s go to bed”, I said, holding her across her shoulder, as we walked up.

When we got to the room, she went to the bed and sat down, she watched while I changed into my night wears and somehow I knew she was going to ask about Rita and really I was ready to explain.

Read more >>http://www.ackcitynews.com/2017/03/pearls-of-love-episode-19.html

(1) (Reply)

Look At These Funny Items / 7 Signs You Are Ready To Get Married / Gorgeous Styles For Your Next Owambe Parties(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.