Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,107 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? (9006 Views)

Mungo Park Did Not Discover River Niger – Prof Yemi Osinbajo / Latest : Formal President Obasanjo Has Officially Denounced His Christian Name / Youths Plan Nationwide Solidarity Rally In Favour Of Prof Osinbajo And Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
dragonking2:
I don't think so

You don't think what?! LOL!

FYI.... I have many Muslim Dudes bearing the Names! They are simply Yoruba Names?! Is Chukwuemeka a Christian Name or an Igbo Name?!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by princemillla(m): 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyinkinola:

...you mean you didn't have christian name!

Now am totally disappointed with the level of ur thinking.... Tot u must be one knowledgeable person alas I was wrong.

What has Christian name got to do with us Nigerians?
Don't be religious slave. It was sold to us and you can accept it base on ur perspective.

So there is nothing like Muslim name and Christian name, if there must be its not mandatory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyinkinola:

....you see!
just imagine!
is Oyinkinola a muslim or christian name?

grin

Ask them if Ibikunle Amosun, Biola Ajimobi, Fashola, Tinubu, Justice Ajibola and Co are Christians?!

2 Likes

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by oyinkinola: 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2017
princemillla:

Now am totally disappointed with the level of ur thinking.... Tot u must be one knowledgeable person alas I was wrong.

What has Christian name got to do with us Nigerians?
Don't be religious slave. It was sold to us and you can accept it base on ur perspective.

So there is nothing like Muslim name and Christian name, if there must be its not mandatory
....pls, pls, every one know Osinbajo is a pastor, ok
but I know for sure he has christian name, if you don't know say you don't know!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by ImperialYoruba: 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyinkinola:
On my way to work today I come accross some Ghanians, he greet me, hello Nigerian? I said fine! boldly and proudly! then;
He ask, what's the christian name of your VP, prof Yemi Osinbanjo?
Disapointedly I look up and down but no answer!
they laugh at me and go away!
pls help!
Oyinkinola

Why do we need christian name or muslim name?

Why is our African name not good enough for us?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by dragonking2: 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oasis007:

You don't think what?! LOL!

FYI.... I have many Muslim Dudes bearing the Names! They are simply Yoruba Names?! Is Chukwuemeka a Christian Name or an Igbo Name?!
Am not Igbo ..however is Bashiru a Yoruba or not? If yes why are Yoruba Christians not bearing the name?
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
dragonking2:
Am not Igbo

Ok!

What's the Muslim Name of Biola Ajimobi, Ibikunle Amosun?!

Or are they Christians?!

1 Like

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyinkinola:
On my way to work today I come accross some Ghanians, he greet me, hello Nigerian? I said fine! boldly and proudly! then;
He ask, what's the christian name of your VP, prof Yemi Osinbanjo?
Disapointedly I look up and down but no answer!
they laugh at me and go away!
pls help!
Oyinkinola

Why didn't you ask your imaginery Ghanian friends for the Christian name of Kofi Annan?

Bloody afonjastic idiot that thinks everyone is like his bastardized awusa slaves up north who have lost their identity.

The names "Yemi Osinbanjo" apart from carrying a meaning tell us exactly where he is from down to his tribe, state, ancestral village and home.

A typical Arab slave like Ibrahim Mohammed will need to tell us which state he comes from first and that shows he is a lost bastard

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
dragonking2:
Am not Igbo ..however is Bashiru a Yoruba or not? If yes why are Yoruba Christians not bearing the name?

LOL!

Bashiru is either mis-spelt or mis-pronounced. It's Al-Bashir, one of the Names of Allah - an Arabic (Muslim) Name!

Hence a Bearer is either called Muhammadu Bashir, or Abdul-Bashir!

2 Likes

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Why do we need christian name or muslim name?

Why is our African name not good enough for us?

In as much as we have our political differences, I still admire your total allegiance to your race and culture.

It is these type of afonjas like the OP that will destroy yoruba heritage and culture as their only allegiance is to their Awusa and Arab Muslim masters.

This yoruba Muslims are the main reason I will never entertain any southern unity.

Get rid of your treacherous afonjas
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:46pm On Mar 11, 2017
This is why I worship Satan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

Why didn't you ask your imaginery Ghanian friends for the Christian name of Kofi Annan?

Bloody afonjastic idiot that thinks everyone is like his bastardized awusa slaves up north who have lost their identity.

The names "Yemi Osinbanjo" apart from carrying a meaning tell us exactly where he is from down to his tribe, state, ancestral village and home.

A typical Arab slave like Ibrahim Mohammed will need to tell us which state he comes from first and that shows he is a lost bastard

Pls!

Can you tell the Crime of the OP?!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:47pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oasis007:

LOL!

Bashiru is either mis-spelt or mis-pronounced. It's Al-Bashir, one of the Names of Allah - an Arabic (Muslim) Name!

Hence a Bearer is either called Muhammadu Bashir, or Abdul-Bashir!

Unlike the northerners the afonjas at least yorubarized some Arabic names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by ThinkSmarter: 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyinkinola:

...of course
A name is not a determinant for salvation or redemption.
Ur character /lifestyle is....
Name is just an identifier.....Shikina

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:48pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

Unlike the northerners the afonjas at least yorubarized some Arabic names.

grin

Are you implying Bashiru is a Yoruba Name?! What's it meaning pls in Yoruba?!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 11, 2017
okuya:
U should b ashamed to call urself a yoruba, so u dont know that YEMI is a christian name OLUyemi

or Mimoyemi undecided
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:51pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

The OP is a bastard afonja.

There is also no compulsion in Christianity to bear christian names. Only Catholics are expected to pick a christian name (from the new testament only) or one of their cannonized saints.

Well!

I do not know the motive of the OP, but I think it's simply an avenue to lecture some Folks who think all Yoruba Names are Christian Names!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Dyoungstar: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:52pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Are you implying Bashiru is a Yoruba Name?! What's it meaning pls in Yoruba?!

Are you an illiterate?

Bashiru is the Yorubarized version of Bashir just as we have the Arabic, Greek, Hebrew and English variants of the prophets in the bible.

Example/ Abraham ----Ibrahim
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by ImperialYoruba: 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
......and speaking of names, I think Yorubas should be banned from giving muslim names to their children, period!

Yoruba damages muslim names:

Ramat - Ramota
Ibrahim - Buraimo
Hussein - Oseni
Hussaina - Osenatu
Atthir - Asiru
Hamid - Hamedi
Ahmed - Amedi
Zulqarnyn - Sulu

There should be global campaign against Yoruba giving muslim name to their children. Let them stil with ethnic Yoruba names, afterall their ethnic names are beautiful.

They can pronounce Alamu with no problem because its Yoruba name but when asked to pronounce Al Amin, which is almost the same, they twist it and make it into Lamina. Wtf!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

Are you an illiterate?

Bashiru is the Yorubarized version of Bashir just as we have the Arabic, Greek, Hebrew and English variants of the prophets in the bible.

Example/ Abraham ----Ibrahim

grin

See! I'm ain't a Kind that entertain Insults, Abuses or Curses while having a (sensible) Discourse!

If that's what you enjoy most, I think it's better to stop here!

Thanks!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oasis007:

Well!

I do not know the motive of the OP, but I think it's simply an avenue to lecture some Folks who think all Yoruba Names are Christian Names!

The OP is not here to educate anybody but to ridicule Osinbajo

It is a known fact that Muslim yorubas like the OP were not happy when Osinbajo was acting and given the chance will rather had voted a northern Muslim than a Yoruba christian.

This is why they hate Fayose with passion
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

See! I'm ain't a Kind that entertain Insults, Abuses or Curses while having a (sensible) Discourse!

If that's what you enjoy most, I think it's better to stop here!

Thanks!

Calling you an illiterate isn't an insult as you can't seem to comprehend written text.
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 7:57pm On Mar 11, 2017
ImperialYoruba:
......and speaking of names, I think Yorubas should be banned from giving muslim names to their children, period!

Ramat - Ramota
Ibrahim - Buraimo
Hussein - Oseni
Hussaina - Osenatu
Atthir - Asiru
Hamid - Hamedi
Ahmed - Amedi
Zulqarnyn - Sulu

There should be global campaign against Yoruba giving muslim name to their children. Let them stil with ethnic Yoruba names, afterall their ethnic names are beautiful.

They can pronounce Alamu with no problem because its Yoruba name but when asked to pronounce Al Amin, which is almost the same, they twist it and make it into Lamina. Wtf!

grin grin

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Ramat - Ramota
Ibrahim - Buraimo
Hussein - Oseni
Hussaina - Osenatu
Atthir - Asiru
Hamid - Hamedi
Ahmed - Amedi
Zulqarnyn - Sulu

The Arabs arabized Jewish names to suit their tongue.

I don't see why yorubas shouldn't.

The Russians do the same with petrescu and ibrahomanvich.

For the yorubas to do same shoes pride in their tongue and creates a cultural distinction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by ImperialYoruba: 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

The OP is not here to educate anybody but to ridicule Osinbajo

It is a known fact that Muslim yorubas like the OP were not happy when Osinbajo was acting and given the chance will rather had voted a northern Muslim than a Yoruba christian.

This is why they hate Fayose with passion

Dude, you are getting emotional over nothing. Yorubas do not discriminate.

It was Ibos that were hateful when Osinbajo became Actng President. Yorubas saw no difference because all along Buhari/Osinbajo has been adopted by Yoruba as a team.

OP asked a good question.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by mich24(m): 8:02pm On Mar 11, 2017
oyinkinola:

He simply means he has no foreign name and so will be my children

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by Oasis007(m): 8:03pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

Calling you an illiterate isn't an insult as you can't seem to comprehend written text.

Definition of illiterate : having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write.

Ignorance - Ignorant

Ignorance is the lack of knowledge. The word ignorant is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware and is often (incorrectly) used to describe individuals who deliberately ignore or disregard important information or facts.

I'm done with you!
Thanks!
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by ImperialYoruba: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
FSBoperator:

The Arabs arabized Jewish names to suit their tongue.

I don't see why yorubas shouldn't.

The Russians do the same with petrescu and ibrahomanvich.

For the yorubas to do same shoes pride in their tongue and creates a cultural distinction.

Whats in a name? Why cant i practise Islam faith by simply answering as Oluyemi or Adesewa or Tokunbo or Akinfenwa? Why do I have to be a Jimoh or Fatai to approach my God? Same applies to the Michael and Andrew and Susan in Christianity.

Is Abeni not good enough, will God deny me heaven because I am Akanbi, not Williams?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by oyinkinola: 8:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
Oasis007:

grin

Ask them if Ibikunle Amosun, Biola Ajimobi, Fashola, Tinubu, Justice Ajibola and Co are Christians?!
...on the day of naming ceremony, can a pastor just come and name your yoruba name and go without christian name?
it is impossible
Re: WHAT IS THE CHRISTIAN NAME OF PROF YEMI OSINBAJO? by FSBoperator: 8:06pm On Mar 11, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Dude, you are getting emotional over nothing. Yorubas do not discriminate.

It was Ibos that were hateful when Osinbajo became Actng President. Yorubas saw no difference because all along Buhari/Osinbajo has been adopted by Yoruba as a team.

OP asked a good question.

OP is out to ridicule Osinbajo.

Tell him for me that in Christianity there is no compulsion to have a christian or Bible name.

Tell the OP also that in the north, Northern christians bearing the arabized names in the bible and nobody complains.

Tell the OP also that he should begin to reconnect with his yoruba roots as he is slowly but surely becoming another awusa slave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Umar Ganduje Approves N1.036BN For Repairs OF 31 Roads In State Capital / 2023: Yahaya Bello's Supporters In Nassarawa Inaugurate Leaders / INEC Proposes January 2023 To Publish Voter Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.