Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,685 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him (41904 Views)

I NEVER KNEW: She Was The Boss And Not The Worker / I Was Mocked And Tagged 'stupid', Says Airport Security Who Returned Bag / See How My Ex Boss Rewarded Me For Being Loyal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by talk2saintify(m): 10:23am On Mar 14, 2017
men?............ angry angry

SMH

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by vislabraye(m): 11:13am On Mar 14, 2017
onismate:

https://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1336-when-my-loyalty-didn-t-lead-to-royalty-story-of-a-nigerian-job-hunter-who-his-loyalty-was-abused

Sorry. Sometimes when you refuse to work for such people, you would be seen as lazy. It's not everyone that's God fearing and would consider you. Mistake you made was helping out in domestic chores. Haba !! That man us wicked.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by vislabraye(m): 11:22am On Mar 14, 2017
wapadunk:
Thats not LOYALTY. That's selling your self on the cheap. There is a difference.Thats because you see no worth in yourself. You think you can only be hired through connection like some others.

No Self-esteem
When you didn't value yourself
Too much Humility sometimes relegate you, cause some egocentric people wants you to continue rubbing their ego while they relegate you to the dogs.
I can never hire someone that doesn't value himself. Definitely he will sell my company on a cheap. I might just send him to secure a contract in another company, and the team from the other company will send him to buy snacks for them, while he runs around shamelessly, definely they wouldn't place him anywhere and negotiate with another person. They might even take him for a messenger. Knowing where you belong isn't pride.

Never sell yourself cheap all in the name of humility and loyalty.

That's the point. On the other hand you'll hear people say that Nigerian graduates are too proud, they don't want to start poor, they want to be overnight bosses and so on.
We need to know where to draw the line. I've done a job for 30k a month but the work I did was like over a hundred. After a year, my employer said he won't be able to afford that 30k a month. If I have to stay, I should take a pay cut. I had to leave.

1 Like

Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by onismate: 12:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
Irishrena1:

Please don't give me headache with this your English biko. You just want people to always read your threads, pulling fictional stories always related to job. This time its not related to pre or post-NYSC. As usual that's your pattern in real life
Hmmmm, the babe shah ready for me. Any way, thanks shah, it shows you are a great fan and following my threads
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Irishrena1(f): 12:52pm On Mar 14, 2017
onismate:
Hmmmm, the babe shah ready for me. Any way, thanks shah, it shows you are a great fan and following my threads
Following your threads ke. Abi I came across one of your previous hallucinations on FP where others pointed out that by your antecedents you are delusional and need to see a shrink. You think your identity is hidden but you're mistaken. Keep it up. From real life to nairaland ish.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dejavuh0007(m): 1:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
zeezeegal:
Ppl Like U No Dy Ever Learn...
another dumbass
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by zeezeegal(m): 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2017
dejavuh0007:
another dumbass
Another Hegoat
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by kaypeters: 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
You are a graduate of engineering and your article reads like the write-up of an articulate bus conductor. Shame.
If I were 'Mr Ernest' I would not employ you either.
I neva knew u were dis stupid, I always tot u av little sense atleast a bit. Mr Earnest in d making. Big fool
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dejavuh0007(m): 3:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
zeezeegal:
Another Hegoat
chai. na wa for u o. iz this is ow u use to do? sumbori cannor play wit u?
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by zeezeegal(m): 4:20pm On Mar 14, 2017
dejavuh0007:

chai. na wa for u o. iz this is ow u use to do? sumbori cannor play wit u?
Do U Want To Play Wit Me?
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by dejavuh0007(m): 5:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
zeezeegal:
Do U Want To Play Wit Me?
5k for handkerchief? baby kolewerk
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by zeezeegal(m): 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
dejavuh0007:
5k for handkerchief? baby kolewerk
No B Only.. Na Twerk
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by chris31(m): 9:26pm On Mar 14, 2017
Cutehector:
If I have ever learnt something in life, it will be never to depend of family relations/family friends for a job...

Its only God dat sends strangers to give u job
True talk it is more difficult for u to get help from ur relations & friends i got the shocking of my life when a total stranger i just meet on social media helped me during my school days infact the lady is a God sent.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Cutehector(m): 9:28pm On Mar 14, 2017
chris31:

True talk it is more difficult for u to get help from ur relations & friends i got the shocking of my life when a total stranger i just meet on social media helped me during my school days infact the lady is a God sent.
dats just it.. I hold such people in high esteem
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by idirect(m): 5:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
wapadunk:
Thats not LOYALTY. That's selling your self on the cheap. There is a difference.Thats because you see no worth in yourself. You think you can only be hired through connection like some others.

No Self-esteem
When you didn't value yourself
Too much Humility sometimes relegate you, cause some egocentric people wants you to continue rubbing their ego while they relegate you to the dogs.
I can never hire someone that doesn't value himself. Definitely he will sell my company on a cheap. I might just send him to secure a contract in another company, and the team from the other company will send him to buy snacks for them, while he runs around shamelessly, definely they wouldn't place him anywhere and negotiate with another person. They might even take him for a messenger. Knowing where you belong isn't pride.

Never sell yourself cheap all in the name of humility and loyalty.
Spot on
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by idirect(m): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2017
NnaNna4:

I LOVE YOUR REASONING. Your response is close to the parable of the ten virgins. My reasoning usually come from two places from the head and from the heart, from street sense and from scriptures while both have different ending I take time to chose one.
Street sense: Continue playing the fool until you unleash what is called COLLATERAL damage or Do me I do you.

Scripture: Submit the Ernest name to Baba God with 3days dry fasting (only). If the man no call you 5am in the morning with back dated appointment letter with apologies ...Baba God don pick your call be that.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by calculator123(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
You are a graduate of engineering and your article reads like the write-up of an articulate bus conductor. Shame.
[s]
IamaNigerianGuy:
[/s]
IamaNigerianGuy:
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by jessyb: 1:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
if you are resident in Lagos and would like to make extra income working with a real estate firm, whatsapp 07084910289
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by permit(m): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
must you advice wit insult?,you jack lack home training,fool
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2017
permit:
must you advice wit insult?,you jack lack home training,fool

It's an observation not an insult.

Another observation if you permit madam: you need to brush up on your grammar . In one sentence I count seven errors.
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 30, 2017
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!
I am a blogger and an information marketer, come and learn directly from me over 20 lucrative online businesses that can make you a millionaire in few months, My ebook is available NOW. Come and have one for yourself or book a one On one meeting with me before my promo ends. Click on the website address under this my post for instant access. Also you can call 08141539562 for more info. Take this step today and change your financial status
Re: He Was Too Loyal That Made Him So Stupid To The Boss, See Where It Landed Him by lookyzy: 9:29pm On Aug 07, 2022
From my experiences on the journey of life, I have to tell you this. The effort you dedicated to Mr. Ernest was not for him, it was for you. You were working on yourself, you were developing your skills and Mr. Ernest may not understand what he has done for you.

My advise is that you regret nothing. What did you learn from Mr. Ernest ? You learnt, no to trust anyone, not even yourself. You learnt not to rely on anyone, but yourself. What should you rather learn ? Learn to read meaning from people's actions, not their words. You did not pay attention to Ernest's body language and his actions. I am very sure there were countless signs, but you trusted him, you relied on him.

But let me tell you the good news. The skills, knowledge, interactions, distrust, unreliability on others and your doggedness, even the patience but not excluding the sweat, tears and blood are the parameters on the road to success.

What you should learn from your experience with Mr. Ernest, that nothing is given, but taken. Study his business model and his business modules. Register a business name, and search for a partner. Replicate that business with a touch of class and your ingenuity and there is nothing stopping you.

How do I know you will succeed in this ? Well, I do not know. I just remember that many people had bad bosses, and you must learn to call them teachers of life. You can use the knowledge and the experiences you got from these Ernests and his likes to further your drive to becoming a greater version of your self in the journey through life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Access Bank Treated Us Unjustly / Musah Mufeedah, Kogi Lady Painter Who Sponsors Her Education With Her Skills / My Salary Bank Statement In Kogi For 2015 & Last Promotion Letter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.