Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,722 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups (1206 Views)

Who Handles Breakups Easier! / Hilarious Breakups Via Letter And Text / 3 Elements Every Relationship Needs If It Is Going To Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by igotalk(m): 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2009
Only post if you ve been in a serious relationship before, mature discussion here plz  wink

I think u definately need one if you in a serious relationship. And i aint talking about those 2days , 1 week break ups some lovers ve , am talking a month+. The reason most marriages dont work sometimes is because every thing was smooth and lovely before they got married, no real break ups to make up. Then when the wahala starts after marriage they dont know how to handle it,they start discovering sides to their partner they never knew existed when they angry etc  so everything just goes splash from there. 

But if u ve had major break ups , you tend to understand what you in for better and its up to you to stay or go. This is just my opinion and its worked for me and my partner  smiley
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by snowdrops(m): 5:43pm On Dec 17, 2009
Is this your way of dealing with a breakup?
Psychologists call it universality. You want to believe it is normal for everyone to experience what you have gone through thereby coping better with your anxieties
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by igotalk(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2009
Do you read threads or just skim through it?
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by snowdrops(m): 5:50pm On Dec 17, 2009
igotalk:

Do you read threads or just skim through it?
Are you asking a question? Being sarcastic? Or just being a numpty?
Me thinks option 3 for you.
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by igotalk(m): 5:56pm On Dec 17, 2009
this internet smart a$$es again
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by snowdrops(m): 5:58pm On Dec 17, 2009
igotalk:

this internet smart a$$es again
And your point is?
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by igotalk(m): 6:00pm On Dec 17, 2009
i beg lo to ko lo sun
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 17, 2009
Every normal relationship will go through some kind of conflict. if that is
what you want to say, then I get your point. people who do not have
one or two major crisis in their relationships are usually pretenders, am
not saying all, but most are. I actually believe there is an advantage of having
a major break down break up or whatever you want to called it, in a relationship at
least before marriage. like that, you will know your partner more,
and you will know how to manage your differences effectively.
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by igotalk(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2009
rokiatu:

not saying all, but most are. I actually believe there is an advantage of having
a major break down break up or whatever you want to called it, in a relationship at

now thats someone who understands what am saying.
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by sexyLeamon(f): 8:46am On Dec 18, 2009
rokiatu:

very correct.
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by echobee(f): 10:12am On Dec 18, 2009
na true
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by Ritata: 10:28am On Dec 18, 2009
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by olanajim(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2009
there is a difference between conflict in a relationship and a break up. If you mean conflicts, disagreement, it is very normal. People who never disagree can never truly understand one another.

But if you mean break up. I assume it must come with extreme bitterness, as most often the case, then I cant agree with u!

A break up that last months with serious issue dont always mend permanently. The couple will still suspect one another in one aspect. Anyway, it depends on
1. The cause of the break up
2. The avaivability of a better option, and
3. The willingnes of one of the party to compromise
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by rocnaija(m): 5:33pm On Dec 18, 2009
Not so sure I agree with that, solely because you used the words 'major breakup'.
It isn't everyone that is involved in a break up, that makes up again.
So where's the plus-side to aiming for one, in the hope that it'll strengthen your relationship in the long term?

Couples will always have conflicts, seeing as they came from different friends and backgrounds before meeting each other. But even that should be put into context cos the level of conflicts will differ from person to person.
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by scottN(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2009
Break ups r healthy in r/ships IFF both learn from it and consciously avoid such particular incidents that led 2 d break up; otherwise what's d point. Way back in school, I was told that friends who never argue,quarrel or even fight are not true friends. Break ups shows one's character such as level of tolerance,level of compromise and understanding and also the level of compatibility. Funny tho' it also allows one to appreciate his/her partner more; probably after going over to d supposedly greener side of life only 2 realize that it's not any better.
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by 190: 6:03pm On Dec 18, 2009
Nice topic coming from a newbie~

nice one

Unlike the other newbies
that wanna drive us away from nland~
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by sofadj(m): 9:06pm On Dec 18, 2009
me fink so too
Re: Every Serious Relationship Needs 1 Or 2 Major Breakups by omoaskari: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2009
it is better when u break up for some while and u can come back stronger

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Reasons Why Men Fail With Women / Requirements For Marrying A Foreigner By A Nigerian / Girl Friend Vs Wife / Boy Friend Vs Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.