Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,475 members, 7,812,465 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:51 PM

Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign (27895 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Wearing Customs Uniform Will ‘belittle’ Ali’s Army Achievement - Retired General / Hameed Ali Arrives Senate In Mufti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Elbowroom: 12:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pierohandsome:
This CG ALI HAMMED is jst too stubborn for my liking.What is there in putting on the uniform of the organization u head?i see this as mere arrogance
It's because you are ignorance of your constitution

He's a ceremonial comptroller, he didn't rise through ranks in that office so he needs no uniform to perform.

He's an ex. Military
He's just a political seats

Not like he rose through the ranks in custom

Both the Senate and Dino melaye are just ignorant as well

They make laws but they don't even know constitution
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Elbowroom: 12:18pm On Mar 13, 2017
It's because you are ignorance of your constitution

He's a ceremonial comptroller, he didn't rise through ranks in that office so he needs no uniform to perform.

He's an ex. Military
He's just a political seats

Not like he rose through the ranks in custom

Both the Senate and Dino melaye are just ignorant as well

They make laws but they don't even know constitution

Abi na uniform we want
chop
Mumu senators
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by remedick: 12:21pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pierohandsome:
This CG ALI HAMMED is jst too stubborn for my liking.What is there in putting on the uniform of the organization u head?i see this as mere arrogance
core northerners are like that. why did you Buhari chose him if not that they are birds of same feather who do not give fork about what others feel, even if it means pain or death?
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Chuknovski(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
he must wear it

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by chinedu234(m): 12:30pm On Mar 13, 2017
I am one of those that like pragmatic methods to issues. Like the senator said,the law should be amended to avoid the present rascality being witnessed in the customs. And I must warn that the national assembly should also be ready to override the presidents veto in case the bill is not signed into law. We can not have a man who feels bigger than an organization within. It is either you ship in or you ship out. The senate should not waiver in this present attempt to cure executive recklessness.

4 Likes

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Nobody: 12:38pm On Mar 13, 2017
sbergy:

man needs to swallow his pride and find pride in wearing the Uniform
Which pride,let those fools in the senate get busy with productive things and leave the man alone.
If they have nothing doing,they should reduce their salaries and allowances.
Foools,Ali will not wear uniform let the world fall.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Charly68: 12:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
This man can not be bigger than the Senate ,he should put on his uniform or resigns ..I pot with Senate

3 Likes

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by nzeobi(m): 12:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
lamalang:
This guy was one time governor of Kaduna state yet he left without having a personal house and also drives old 504. You can see how stubborn he is
If he can't save from his salary to build a good house then he is foolish and should never be allowed to hold any top office.

3 Likes

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by joinnow: 12:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Senator Solomon Ade.......look your back DSS is coming after u oooo
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by tectonotimes: 12:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
Is he ashamed of the Nigerian Customs Service uniform?

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Nathan2016: 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
The uniform represent the office he holds... Why don't you wear pant to church or bank.. Afterall your money is there
greggng:
Very unsserious senate with misplaced priority. Does wearing uniform change the economic challenges?

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by TundeHashim(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
Alleviating:
Very stubborn man, qualities of all northerners.
No wonder Buhari chose you, yall birds of a feather
nonsense...Yar'adua is stubborn too abi coz I think he's from Ibadan..Shehu Shari is also stubborn huh? I dont know y many (not all)southerners are dumb and foolish..too stereotypical.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by basadenet: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
I pray he doesn't wear the uniform as directed so the big hammer can fall on him.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Interesting15: 1:17pm On Mar 13, 2017
ddippset:
Senators are just like pastors. They think they are hollier than everyone else. Bunch of looters who do nothing in Abuja but fuuuuccck little girls.

Please. Why did you say pastors thinks they are holy than everyone else?

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ddippset(m): 1:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
Interesting15:

Please. Why did you say pastors thinks they are holy than everyone else?
are you a pastor?
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by mario383: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
Alleviating:
Very stubborn man, qualities of all northerners.
No wonder Buhari chose you, yall birds of a feather undecided

NIGERIAN LADY WITH THE BIGGEST ORANGES VIDEO >>

http://www.uk-mmm.tk/p/cossy-orjiakor-goes-nude-dancing-as-she.html
That is my problem with a typical northerner. Imagine Buhari. He has not obeyed any court order. What they believe is what can any man do me, after all I believe in fight and killing where as others like the christians believe in bearing circumstances, prays, talk forgiveness and peace What pains the more is that they are higher in number in the area of illiteracy. Majority joined the army through quota system. Only few have school certificate.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by mario383: 1:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
greggng:
Very unsserious senate with misplaced priority. Does wearing uniform change the economic challenges?
I tire sef. What have the senate done to Buhari who does not obey court orders?
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Nobody: 1:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
basadenet:
I pray he doesn't wear the uniform as directed so the big hammer can fall on him.

I hope so too.

In my business, everyone wears a stipulated outfit. A new guy comes in acting all, telling me how he'd rather not wear the outfit for some flimsy reason I didn't quite catch.

I smiled. The next day, I had him replaced.

Go do big man for another place before you corrupt the other workers, biko.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Nobody: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
basadenet:

I hope so too.

In my business, everyone wears a stipulated outfit. A new guy comes in acting all cute, telling me how he'd rather not wear the outfit for some flimsy reason I didn't quite catch.

I smiled. The next day, I had him replaced.

Go do big man for another place before you corrupt the other workers, biko.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Interesting15: 1:57pm On Mar 13, 2017
ddippset:
are you a pastor?

Not yet.

But why did you say pastors thinks they are holy than everyone else?
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ddippset(m): 2:06pm On Mar 13, 2017
Interesting15:

Not yet.

But why did you say pastors thinks they are holy than everyone else?
because their favorite bible verse is 'touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm'
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by CellTabRepairs: 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2017
Those who.make life difficult for the masses.and.see.themselves as Lord over all.will sooner than later be humbled by the Lord almighty.

Meanwhile for someone out there;
Are you looking for a job? Between 18-50 yrs?Are U a graduate or secondary school leaver?Are u retired, sacked or tired of salary work? You want a biz with high returns, skill as capital, lowest startup costs? ■Make average N5k-10k - Up to 30k or more daily■Meet high net worth individuals[opportunities]
■Grow in IT knowledge■Be highly sought after [Money looking for u].■Employ others!

Just Click My Name & View That Resource You Need!

Don't SPEND 1 yr waiting for a job!
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by dee02(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
greggng:
What an idio....t!
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by jpphilips(m): 2:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
messenger4891:
I wonder how an outsider will be heading custom while the officers are there for that appointment .it really goes a long way to explain the change mantra of APC lead government as fake on its own. it is demoralizing to the men of custom .impunity at its peak if i may say .Anyways i support the senate for this step they are taking blc there is no way all of them could be corrupt for another person to head them.

You don't care about the integrity of the man in question but you want APC to enthrone the usual customs stealing rats, then a soulless nincompoop like you will be first to sign APC's non performing certificate. some of you deserve to be paying huge money before airing your opinions in public, that way, we are sure gonna get the best of your warped minds.
How much was the Nigerian customs remitting to the federal coffers before and now under Ali? that is the only thing that matters for those with common sense.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by numericalguy(m): 2:19pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hamid Ali is arrogance and incompetency rolled into one.

The man is so dumb, incompetent and has a history of failures. The only achievement he made was being an active member of the Abacha killer squard. Hamid Ali was the evil military man that killed Ken SaroWiwa.

1 Like

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Psalmwhyte(m): 2:27pm On Mar 13, 2017
360frolic:
Senator Solomon Adeola has called on Hammed Ali, Comptroller-General of Customs, to resign if he won't wear uniforms while appearing before the Nigerian Senate.

In a statement by his Media Adviser, Chief Kayode Odunaro, Senator Adeola said that the Senate resolution summoning Ali to appear in Custom Service uniform and rank was aimed at protecting the organization’s integrity.

The statement reads, “We have had a Major General, Haladu Hanniya as head of FRSC wearing the agency’s uniform as well as a Major Danjuma Maigari wearing even the KAI uniform in Lagos State, all in a bid to promote agencies they lead.

“This is not the Abacha military era when a Sole Administrator was appointed to head the Nigerian Customs.”

“Except in covert operations, an officer in these organizations operating without uniform could be taken to be performing illegal duty or worse, be taken as not representing the institution at all.

“And as stated on the floor of the Senate in plenary, the Comptroller General is a rank that can only be worm on uniform and not on mufti.”

''There is concern among officers and men of the Customs Service on the appointment of 'outsider' to head the agency as it is a morale killer, career progression inhibitor as well as damaging to the organizational growth of the service stressing that there may be need to amend the Nigerian Customs Act to restrict appointment of CG to career officers as it is done in the Nigerian Police Force, the Nigerian Immigrations and the Nigerian Prisons Service.

"The APC-led Government of President Muhammadu Buhari was elected on the promise of change, adherence to rule of law and renunciation of impunity in any forms. The story we hear daily is the arrogance and high-handedness of the CG and name dropping of the President. We had it on good authority of his reluctance to be answerable to the Minister of Finance as stipulated in laws of the land. We that were elected cannot look the other way while the people we represent are subjected to avoidable hardship orchestrated by an unelected appointee in a bid to cure the inefficiencies of the agency he leads. We are in a democracy," the Senator added.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/senator-adeola-to-hameed-ali-appear.html

With due respect sir, i don't see the big deal in putting on the uniform of the organisation u are leading but if u are too stubborn 2 do so den i will be left wit no choice dan 2 also join d call of ur immediate sack as spearheaded by distinguished #SENATOR. ADEOLA. U are nt above d law of d federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by brojoshua: 2:47pm On Mar 13, 2017
House of corruption majoring in the irrelevance.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by teebell999(m): 2:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
This senate sef like to dey flex muscles!
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by DocHMD: 3:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pierohandsome:

Fulanis don't take orders from anyone except their godfathers like Abdusalami, Buhari, Sultan of Sokoto.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by DocHMD: 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
lamalang:
This guy was one time governor of Kaduna state yet he left without having a personal house and also drives old 504. You can see how stubborn he is

That was what you northerners told us about Buhari in order to get him into power, the rest is history. Today we know better. Fool me once....
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by DocHMD: 4:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
Billyonaire:
Both sides of the arguments has a point, I think what has happened here is the war of ego. He needs to wear the Customs uniforms as a morale booster the officials of the organization and to show that he is operating as a Custom Officer instead of Buhari's personal attack dog.

The Senate wants him to wear the uniform to show that he is answerable to Nigerians and not Buhari as a person, but I equally think that asking him to wear uniform is to reduce his ego and make him appear more of a servant to Nigerians than a boss of the people.

I think the man himself is not very intelligent in how he approaches issues. No one is above the People. And the Senate represents the People of Nigeria as they were elected to serve the People by the people.

Buhari must warn his team that they must humble themselves before the Senate or should be relieved of their position.

But then, the President does not obey the rule of law, so his nominees are equally learning from the 'above-the-law' President.

Megalomaniac Buhari does not believe he serves the people. He believe he came to RULE OVER THE PEOPLE AS HIS SUBJECTS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: Members In Equatorial Guinea Lock Their Shops (Pics) / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Does He/she Do? / Boko Haram Launches Radio Station, Goes On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.