Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,254 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign (27894 Views)

Senator Adeola Denies Ownership Of Discovered Billions In Osborne Tower / Wearing Customs Uniform Will ‘belittle’ Ali’s Army Achievement - Retired General / Hameed Ali Arrives Senate In Mufti (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 13, 2017
DocHMD:

Megalomaniac Buhari does not believe he serves the people. He believe he came to RULE OVER THE PEOPLE AS HIS SUBJECTS.

Your observation does raise questions about the functionality of the logic faculty of his brain. The man seems not very cerebral when it comes to relationship with people. He is always acting as if the people he presides over, are his enemies. I dont know what he expects to achieve by not being human.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by DocHMD: 4:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
numericalguy:
Hamid Ali is arrogance and incompetency rolled into one.

The man is so dumb, incompetent and has a history of failures. The only achievement he made was being an active member of the Abacha killer squard. Hamid Ali was the evil military man that killed Ken SaroWiwa.

I've heard that too. I learnt Hamid Ali personally killed Ken Saro-Wiwa. He sure looks like a cold-blooded murderer.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by banki(m): 4:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Dandsome:
Those people saying uniform doesn't matter should realize something.... People are not happy that an outsider came from nowhere to head that agency simply because his brother is the president.

We all know how army look down on other agencies as second to them hence the man is seeing it as belittling for him to put on the uniform. The truth of the matter is that if you can't take the heat, the get out of the kitchen.

If he can't put it on to boost the morale of his people in the agency to show them a little sense of belonging then he should resign... He's not bigger than Nigeria and Nigeria is not his own.

If he can't be proud of being seen in the uniform, then he should take his pride home.

Let him resign.

The former CG was more of a brother to buhari than hammid ali and yet he was probed etc, the former CG was a thief
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by GreatZaza(m): 5:20pm On Mar 13, 2017
jimmyero:
senate like to dey show themselves
don't u think before u type, do u know the effect of what he is doing to an institution, and the cranky precedent he is ls trying to lay. if I catch u type again b4 u think. u will hear from me. Nonsense
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by bizzibodi(m): 5:37pm On Mar 13, 2017
messenger4891:
I wonder how an outsider will be heading custom while the officers are there for that appointment .it really goes a long way to explain the change mantra of APC lead government as fake on its own. it is demoralizing to the men of custom .impunity at its peak if i may say .Anyways i support the senate for this step they are taking blc there is no way all of them could be corrupt for another person to head them.
The customs are very corrupt we need an incorrigible outsider,wealth & affluence meant nothing to Alli he still drives old 504,show me a custom recruit & i will show u his ill-gotten wealth.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by bizzibodi(m): 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
I am begining to see this as corrupt custom officers bribing d senate to remove alli for he has blocked their choppings.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by lereinter(m): 5:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
who will respect nig senators
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Kiakia(m): 6:16pm On Mar 13, 2017
I am with the Senate on this one. If this Hameed Ali or whatever cannot appear in Uniform, he should resign his appointment. It is as simple as that.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Kiakia(m): 6:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
360frolic:
Senator Solomon Adeola has called on Hammed Ali, Comptroller-General of Customs, to resign if he won't wear uniforms while appearing before the Nigerian Senate.

In a statement by his Media Adviser, Chief Kayode Odunaro, Senator Adeola said that the Senate resolution summoning Ali to appear in Custom Service uniform and rank was aimed at protecting the organization’s integrity.

The statement reads, “We have had a Major General, Haladu Hanniya as head of FRSC wearing the agency’s uniform as well as a Major Danjuma Maigari wearing even the KAI uniform in Lagos State, all in a bid to promote agencies they lead.

“This is not the Abacha military era when a Sole Administrator was appointed to head the Nigerian Customs.”

“Except in covert operations, an officer in these organizations operating without uniform could be taken to be performing illegal duty or worse, be taken as not representing the institution at all.

“And as stated on the floor of the Senate in plenary, the Comptroller General is a rank that can only be worm on uniform and not on mufti.”

''There is concern among officers and men of the Customs Service on the appointment of 'outsider' to head the agency as it is a morale killer, career progression inhibitor as well as damaging to the organizational growth of the service stressing that there may be need to amend the Nigerian Customs Act to restrict appointment of CG to career officers as it is done in the Nigerian Police Force, the Nigerian Immigrations and the Nigerian Prisons Service.

"The APC-led Government of President Muhammadu Buhari was elected on the promise of change, adherence to rule of law and renunciation of impunity in any forms. The story we hear daily is the arrogance and high-handedness of the CG and name dropping of the President. We had it on good authority of his reluctance to be answerable to the Minister of Finance as stipulated in laws of the land. We that were elected cannot look the other way while the people we represent are subjected to avoidable hardship orchestrated by an unelected appointee in a bid to cure the inefficiencies of the agency he leads. We are in a democracy," the Senator added.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/senator-adeola-to-hameed-ali-appear.html

Buhari should be compelled to sack this 'outsider' heading the Customs Service. He has nothing to offer the Organization except hatching a bizzare plan to make motorists pay custom duty on vehicles they bought many years ago. Can you imagine? Such tomfoolery! Such effrontery! This man should have his head examined. Despite the recession confronting the country and the concormitant hardship experienced by Nigerians as a result of that, he still had the effrontery to devise a means of further impoverishing the citizens. This is what happens when appointments are based on ethnic considerations alone. Mal-administration occasioned by putting square pegs in round holes pervades the machinery of government. Buhari should tinker with his political appointments if he hopes to make any meaningful impact in the remaining two years of his administration.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by pricipal2003(m): 6:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
See him ugly terrible face like that of a hungry monster. Yeye man
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by lamalang(m): 7:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
Austin4lif:
the house he is occupying at ung rimi, "na u get am?
he bought the the house some years after he left governor, but we he left government house he doesn't have it. He's from bauchi and he doesn't have house in bauchi, i know his immediate family, wen he left kaduna government house he was having 504 from that his last car that i know is Honda 98 model then
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by lamalang(m): 7:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
DocHMD:

That was what you northerners told us about Buhari in order to get him into power, the rest is history. Today we know better. Fool me once....
we did not package buhari for you guys, is your fellow brothers Tinubu and co that brought him, and i thank them for that, cos GEJ were dragging Nigeria by the balls, more than have of Government workers would have loose their job if GEJ has succeeded because there will be no money to pay salary again because of Kleptomanias in the government, thats why GEJ decided to conduct free election to save Nigeria even him was tired of what is happening
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by rhames(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13, 2017
360frolic:
Senator Solomon Adeola has called on Hammed Ali, Comptroller-General of Customs, to resign if he won't wear uniforms while appearing before the Nigerian Senate.

In a statement by his Media Adviser, Chief Kayode Odunaro, Senator Adeola said that the Senate resolution summoning Ali to appear in Custom Service uniform and rank was aimed at protecting the organization’s integrity.

The statement reads, “We have had a Major General, Haladu Hanniya as head of FRSC wearing the agency’s uniform as well as a Major Danjuma Maigari wearing even the KAI uniform in Lagos State, all in a bid to promote agencies they lead.

“This is not the Abacha military era when a Sole Administrator was appointed to head the Nigerian Customs.”

“Except in covert operations, an officer in these organizations operating without uniform could be taken to be performing illegal duty or worse, be taken as not representing the institution at all.

“And as stated on the floor of the Senate in plenary, the Comptroller General is a rank that can only be worm on uniform and not on mufti.”

''There is concern among officers and men of the Customs Service on the appointment of 'outsider' to head the agency as it is a morale killer, career progression inhibitor as well as damaging to the organizational growth of the service stressing that there may be need to amend the Nigerian Customs Act to restrict appointment of CG to career officers as it is done in the Nigerian Police Force, the Nigerian Immigrations and the Nigerian Prisons Service.

"The APC-led Government of President Muhammadu Buhari was elected on the promise of change, adherence to rule of law and renunciation of impunity in any forms. The story we hear daily is the arrogance and high-handedness of the CG and name dropping of the President. We had it on good authority of his reluctance to be answerable to the Minister of Finance as stipulated in laws of the land. We that were elected cannot look the other way while the people we represent are subjected to avoidable hardship orchestrated by an unelected appointee in a bid to cure the inefficiencies of the agency he leads. We are in a democracy," the Senator added.

http://www.newshelm.com/2017/03/senator-adeola-to-hameed-ali-appear.html

Where were these barking dogs called senators when he was appointed CGC? Where were they when he was raking in revenue for the nation? What was the answer to Ali's question if the man at the helm is doing his job? Is he doing his job? The senators are hurt because they are now paying import duties on their smuggled vehicles which they pass through illegal routes.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Naijiant: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2017
The Senator is a big fool. No need for Ali to wear any uniform. It is his choice. http://www.naijiant.com/articles/democrazy-nigerian-senate/
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2017
Pierohandsome:
This CG ALI HAMMED is jst too stubborn for my liking.What is there in putting on the uniform of the organization u head?i see this as mere arrogance

He did the constitution compulsory him to wear the uniform? He is not a career custom officer but head the custom based on appointment..

Beside he is a military man and cannot be bully by those useless senators..
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ebuclassic18(m): 7:48pm On Mar 13, 2017
lets see wer pride will take this man to shame on u if u ever wear that uniform ordinary instructions u can't follow and ur a leader for christ sake
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
Alleviating:
Very stubborn man, qualities of all northerners.
No wonder Buhari chose you, yall birds of a feather undecided

NIGERIAN LADY WITH THE BIGGEST ORANGES VIDEO >>

http://www.uk-mmm.tk/p/cossy-orjiakor-goes-nude-dancing-as-she.html

Those are the type we need to make this country better not that useless fedoral wearing ineffectual baboon wey be say everything na to dey laugh..
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ebuclassic18(m): 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

He did the constitution compulsory him to wear the uniform? He is not a career custom officer but head the custom based on appointment..

simply instruction wear uniform what will that take out of him,what wrong with you people for Christ sake
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ebuclassic18(m): 7:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

simply instruction wear uniform what will that take out of him,what wrong with you people for Christ sake?
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Pierohandsome: 7:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

What do u mean?there were Major generals who were once head of paramilitary outfits in this country putting on uniforms of the organisation they head.Evn if not compulsory constitutionally,what is there to put on uniform just for peace to reign?This is arrogance my brother
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Austin4lif: 8:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
lamalang:
he bought the the house some years after he left governor, but we he left government house he doesn't have it. He's from bauchi and he doesn't have house in bauchi, i know his immediate family, wen he left kaduna government house he was having 504 from that his last car that i know is Honda 98 model then
i know him one on one but I am not in the habit of supporting politicians
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by rasputinn(m): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2017
They should frustrate some of Buhari"s bills toarm twist him into calling the he-goat to order
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Ovamboland(m): 8:50pm On Mar 13, 2017
So far page 3 is almost filled up and nobody has quoted any by law guiding custom operations and code of conduct that compels the head of the organisation to always wear or not wear uniform to work.
If the law establishing customs allows a non career person to head it. But I believe the Senate already lost the plot by approving his appointment.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by numericalguy(m): 10:09pm On Mar 13, 2017
DocHMD:

I've heard that too. I learnt Hamid Ali personally killed Ken Saro-Wiwa. He sure looks like a cold-blooded murderer.

Hamid Ali headed the kangaroo tribunal that tried Ken SaroWiwa where SaroWiwa was not given a fair trial. SaroWiwa had already been convicted even before the trials began. SaroWiwa was convicted in Asso Rock on the orders of Abacha.

After Ken SaroWiwa was convicted on trumped up charges and hanged until he died, Hamid Ali had the body of the late activist dissolved in acid. This is why no one can point to the grave of Ken SaroWiwa because the acid desolved the body.
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by Jokerman(m): 11:40pm On Mar 13, 2017
Interesting15:

Please. Why did you say pastors thinks they are holy than everyone else?

That guy is a moslem bro....
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:38am On Mar 14, 2017
ebuclassic18:

simply instruction wear uniform what will that take out of him,what wrong with you people for Christ sake

The only person that can instruct him to wear uniform if the person that employ him not the useless senators...

He is not answerable to anybody but the President, The NASS should approach the President instead of mandating this man to wear uniform..
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 6:43am On Mar 14, 2017
Pierohandsome:
What do u mean?there were Major generals who were once head of paramilitary outfits in this country putting on uniforms of the organisation they head.Evn if not compulsory constitutionally,what is there to put on uniform just for peace to reign?This is arrogance my brother

My brother the last time i check the constitution did not mandate him to wear uniform, Beside the only person that can order him to wear uniform is the President and there might have been an agreement between him and the President that he will not wear uniform before his appointment..

The NASS should approach the President instead of fooling themselves..
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ebuclassic18(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

The only person that can instruct him to wear uniform if the person that employ him not the useless senators...

He is not answerable to anybody but the President, The NASS should approach the President instead of mandating this man to wear uniform..

thats y we ave constitutions NASS is a body that makes law and even the president powers are limited and also answerable to the NASS,this is juz a simple instructions he shuld abide in it
Re: Senator Adeola To Hameed Ali - Appear Before Senate In Customs Uniform Or Resign by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:23pm On Mar 14, 2017
ebuclassic18:

thats y we ave constitutions NASS is a body that makes law and even the president powers are limited and also answerable to the NASS,this is juz a simple instructions he shuld abide in it

And is there anywhere in the said constitution that mandate him to wear uniform?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: Members In Equatorial Guinea Lock Their Shops (Pics) / Who Is Your Local Government Chairman And What Does He/she Do? / Boko Haram Launches Radio Station, Goes On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.