Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought (4357 Views)

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / Is Allah ⅓ Of The Qur'an. A Book Made Of Trees? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by analice107: 10:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
ilyasmuy:

Its obvious you dont have any evidence on this. Your level of ignorance is so high that you even abuse the God you claimed to worship.You despise everything in Arabic so much that you can not reason well. I bet if you see a christian pastor speaking Arabic you will immediately tagged him as a terrorist. Please Learn before you post. Arabic is just a language. Stop abusing God just because they wrote/translate God in Arabic
Your Moniker depicts you.
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by plainbibletruth: 9:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
Why Christians Should NOT Give The Quran A Hearing

Here's an interesting post that is fit for this thread. (Highlights are mine)

https://www.nairaland.com/3691138/where-quran-did-it-say/2#54895794

I want you to read this carefully.
Let me start from the beginning.

Sahih al- Bukharin 6.61.510: Uthman sent to every Muslim province one copy of what they had copied and ordered that all the other Koranic materials, whatever written in fragmentary manuscripts or whole copies, be burnt!

So here we can see that Uthman had already ordered some part of the Koran to be burnt. I didn't write this or make it up. You can confirm.

Now let's move on.
Sahih al- Muslim 2286 : Abu Harb b. Abu al-Aswad reported on the authority of his father that Abu Musa al-Ash'ari sent for the reciters of Basra. They came to him and they were three hundred in number. They recited the Qur'an and he said: You are the best among the inhabitants of Basra, for you are the reciters among them. So continue to recite it. (But bear in mind) that your reciting for a long time may not harden your hearts as were hardened the hearts of those before you. We used to recite a surah which resembled in length and severity to (Surah) Bara'at. I have, however, forgotten it with the exception of this which I remember out of it: "If there were two valleys full of riches, for the son of Adam, he would long for a third valley, and nothing would fill the stomach of the son of Adam but dust." And we used so recite a surah which resembled one of the surahs of Musabbihat, and I have forgotten it, but remember (this much) out of it: "Oh people who believe, why do you say that which you do not practise" (lxi 2.) and "that is recorded in your necks as a witness (against you) and you would be asked about it on the Day of Resurrection" (xvii. 13).

So from this place you can see that some chapters of the Koran were missing because they were forgotten! Are you following me?

Sahih al-bukari 6.61.527: Ubay was the best of us in the recitation of the Koran. Yet we leave some of what he recites. Ubay says, I have taken it from the mouth of Allah's messenger and will not leave it for anything whatsoever.

Notice that Ubay was one of the four teachers of the Koran who Mohammed recommended that the Koran be learnt from. And yet some things in his recitation are left out of the present Koran. Follow me, let's keep going.

Now who put together the Koran we have today? Zayd ibn Thabit. Was he one of the top four teachers recommended by Mohammed? Nope. Who were they? Abdulla Ibn Mas’ud, Salim (a freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa), Mu’adh bin Jabal and Ubay bin Ka’b. (Sahih Bukhari 6.61.521).
So definitely, one of these four must have compiled the Koran we have today? Nope. Instead Zayd Ibn Thabit compiled it. Now notice that the first name Mohammed mentioned in the teaching of the Koran was Mas'ud? What did he have to say about today's Koran?
Jami At- Tirmidhi 3104: Az-Zuhri said: "'Ubaidullah bin 'Abdullah bin 'Utbah informed me that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud disliked Zaid bin Thabit copying the Musahif, and he said: 'O you Muslims people! Avoid copying the Mushaf and the recitation of this man. By Allah! When I accepted Islam he was but in the loins of a disbelieving man' - meaning Zaid bin Thabit - and it was regarding this that 'Abdullah bin Mas'ud said: 'O people of Al-'Iraq! Keep the Musahif that are with you, and conceal them.
Now not only did ubay (best reciter) disagree with today's Koran, Mas'ud (number one teacher) did too. Let's not even go into Aisha's sheep eating verses on stoning and breastfeeding (more on this if you still want to discuss). Now let's sum this up.
Sahih al- Bukhari 6.61.509 : Narrated Zaid bin Thabit:
Abu Bakr As-Siddiq sent for me when the people! of Yamama had been killed (i.e., a number of the Prophet's Companions who fought against Musailama). (I went to him) and found 'Umar bin Al-Khattab sitting with him. Abu Bakr then said (to me), "Umar has come to me and said: "Casualties were heavy among the Qurra' of the! Qur'an (i.e. those who knew the Quran by heart) on the day of the Battle of Yalmama, and I am afraid that more heavy casualties may take place among the Qurra' on other battlefields, whereby a large part of the Qur'an may be lost. Therefore I suggest, you (Abu Bakr) order that the Qur'an be collected." I said to 'Umar, "How can you do something which Allah's Apostle did not do?" 'Umar said, "By Allah, that is a good project. "Umar kept on urging me to accept his proposal till Allah opened my chest for it and I began to realize the good in the idea which 'Umar had realized." Then Abu Bakr said (to me). 'You are a wise young man and we do not have any suspicion about you, and you used to write the Divine Inspiration for Allah's Apostle. So you should search for (the fragmentary scripts of) the Qur'an and collect it in one book)."

So what do we have here? Many reciters of the Koran died in a battle and many of the Korans where lost. So Abu Bakr asked Thabit to compile what was left. I'm not done. Now read the entire passage of Jami At- tirmidhi you will find out that different people had their own different manuscripts. Disputes started to happen on what should be in the Koran and what should be left out. Ibn Mas'ud had 111 chapters according to Ibn Abi Daud, kitab al-masahif. Ubay had 116 while while Zayd had 114 chapters. Check the source, I didn't make this up. So you see? Koran has had its own dispute too.
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by plainbibletruth: 9:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
Abdulgaffar is online.

I hope he's reading this and enjoying the thread!
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by blessedvisky(m): 12:44am On Mar 26, 2017
plainbibletruth:
Abdulgaffar is online.

I hope he's reading this and enjoying the thread!
he will never reply. That's his work. Just create a useless topic and leave.
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Empiree: 2:50am On Mar 26, 2017
greatnaija01:
well na you get your mouth n MB n fingers....

I SIMPLY KNOW THAT QURAN IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE THE ENTIRE QURAN OR KORAN doesn't show the LOVE of GOD towards INFIDELS.....

IT SHOWS A VENGEFUL MERCILESS being called ALLAH or whatever u wanna call him...

Easier said than done. Why dont you love SATAN?. Satan is infidel too but everyday and especially Sundays, Christians curse the hell out of satan. You curse the hell out of your enemies. Many Christians even composed vengeance songs against their enemies. So what nonsense peace are you preaching to us?

Are you ready to start LOVING Satan?. Until you love Satan, i wont take you serious. Abdulgaffar22, you should have break down your op into simple readable paragraphs.
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by PervertProphet: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
MrPRevailer:
@Abdulgaffar22
I appreciate your sincere effort dear.
But Firstly, The Quran does not understand what Son of God means and makes its believers to believe the Christians serve 3 gods. And that Jesus is not the Son of God because God does not marry neither does he beget.

Qur'an which claims to be perfect misunderstood the terminology SON OF GOD as an intercourse thing. But in the Bible, we can see that Son of God means THE WORD OF GOD or THE SPIRIT OF GOD. John 1:1, Genesis 1:2

Christians believe God is one. But Muslims think The Father, Son and Holyghost are 3 gods. No. They are one.

God created us in his image and likeness. MAN is The BODY, SOUL AND SPIRIT. They are one.

But Muslims never understood and they go about killing millions believing we are pagans. It's not their fault but the fault of the Qur'an which spoke falsely about Christians.

There are others but this my focus.

Muhammad confused it more for Muslims.

He thought Godhead meant: God, Mary and Jesus which no Christian believes and he went further by blasphemying and contradicting himself. Sometimes, he claimed Gabriel to be the Holy Spirit and Muslims claim that Muhammad is the Holy Spirit further compounding it all.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Difference Between Hallelujah And Halleluyah / 72 Virgins In Paradise? / My Week Of Blessing By Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.