Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,367 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought (4344 Views)

5 Reasons Christians Should Share Testimonies In Church - Tunde Korede / Is Allah ⅓ Of The Qur'an. A Book Made Of Trees? / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Abdulgaffar22: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2017
If you believe in Qur'an as the word of God, then you must compulsorily accept Islam because it is the last book which claims for itself the right of being the word of God. But if you think the original author of Qur’an is not God, then you must believe its author to be a great liar and impersonator who spoke in the name of God. The reason is that Qur’an contains many verses which appear to be coming directly from God’s mouth. Example of such verses are; “O children of Israel! Remember My special favor which I bestowed upon you, and fulfill your covenant with Me as I fulfill My covenant with you, and fear none but Me. And believe in what I have sent down ( i:e this Qur’an) confirming that which is with you, and be not the first to reject it, nor sell My verses for a small price; and fear Me, and Me alone(Qur’an 2:40-41)”. And that was Our proof which We gave to Abraham against his people. We raise whom We will in degrees. Certainly your Lord is All-Wise, All-Knowing. And We bestowed upon him Isaac and Jacob, each of them We guided. And before him We guided Noah, and among his progeny David, Solomon, Job, Joseph, Moses and Aaron. Thus do We reward the good doers. And Zachariah, and John and Jesus and Elias, all in the ranks of the righteous. And Ishmael and Elisha, and Jonah and Lot; each one of them We preferred above the nations. And also some of their fathers, and their progeny and their brethren, We chose them, and We guided them to a straight path. This is the guidance of God with which He guides whomsoever He wills of His servants. But if they had joined in worship others with God, all their deeds would have been of no benefit to them. They are whom We gave the book, and authority and prophet hood…They are those whom God had guided. So follow their guidance (Qur’an 6:84-90). Indeed We have created man, and We know what his own mind whispers to him, and We are nearer to him than his jugular vein(Qur'an 50:16). You can see that the first person pronouns like “I”, “My”, “Me”, “Our” and “We” in all these verses can never be referred to any other person except God. Therefore, anybody who denies the Qur’an as the word of God must compulsorily believe its author to be a great impersonator of God. Yet any sane person that just makes up his mind to impersonate God and deliberately lie against Him must have been enticed and misled by Satan. But how could Satan have enticed and misled a person to guide the idol-worshippers in the ancient Mecca to the idea of believing in one God and all biblical prophets including Moses and Jesus Christ (peace be upon them)? It is a well-known fact that before the advent of Islam, people of mecca used to worship up to 360 idols. If the ultimate aim of Satan is to deceive people until they die in a bad spiritual state, then would it not better for him to leave the people of Mecca in their formal state than to guide them to the idea of believing in one God and all biblical prophets including Jesus Christ (pbuh)? If it is generally agreed that Satan is evil and promote disobedience to God’s commandment, whereas Qur’an is full of warning against idolatry and all other evil practices, how can the two be reconciled? To hold such a view is repugnant to reason, as Satan would only have undermined himself and his objectives by furthering the cause of God. Even the Bible attests to this fact: And if Satan has risen up against himself and is divided, he cannot stand, but is coming to an end (Mark 3:26). Do you think the God of truth and wisdom would allow Satan or any deliberate liar to impersonate Him and then also allow such impersonator to praise all the Biblical prophets in the way the author of Qur’an has done? Again, how could God have left such a great liar and impersonator to survive for good twenty-three years and also allow his book to be protected from destruction since one thousand four hundred and thirty years ago till today? The reason why God permit the other religions like Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, Confucianism, Sikhism etc and their scriptures to exist is because their founders only stood out as spiritual teachers. They never claim that their scriptures came from God of Israel. Their scriptures do not contain words which appear to be COMING DIRECTLY FROM GOD’S MOUTH OF ISRAEL. But Qur’an is totally different. Qur’an contains many verses which appear to be coming directly from God’s mouth of Israel. Examples are quoted above. So Qur’an is unique in its claim as being the word of God. Therefore, to believe that Qur’an is not authored by God create more problems for the Jews and the Christians than it really solves! They have to explain why God would allow a liar to impersonate him for good 23 years and also allow his book to be protected from destruction since 1430 years ago till today. Yet, God did not allow Hananiah, who lied against Him, to even live for just a year (Jeremiah 28:1-17). If God Almighty could allow any deliberate liar to impersonate Him perfectly and also allow the word of such impersonator to be protected from destruction since 1,430 years ago till today, then on what basis could any rational person distinguish such fake word of God from true word of God? Obviously, there would be no any difference between the two. God may allow anybody to write or speak about Him as you may also allow your friend to write or speak about you. But if you as a truthful person would never allow your friend- talk less of your enemy- to impersonate you in order to deceive some innocent people, then why do you think the God of truth and wisdom would allow such a thing to happen to Him especially when God declare as follows; How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield My glory to another (Isaiah 48:11). What kind of defamation is greater than God to allow a deliberate liar to impersonate Him? Has God not yielded His glory to another if He allowed a deliberate liar to impersonate Him and also allow such impersonator to praise all the Biblical prophets in the way the author of Quran has done and then still allow the word of such impersonator to be safe-guarded from destruction as prophesied in Qur’an 15:9 as follows:" Surely, We have revealed the reminder and We will most surely be its guardian". In fact, God deliberately spare the life of His prophet till concluding verse of his mission was revealed to him where God Almighty declare as follows: This day, I have perfected your religion for you, and I have completed My favor upon you, and I have chosen for you Islam as your religion(Qur’an 5:3). If the prophet was a great impersonator and great liar against God, then why would God have to wait for 23 years till this concluding verse of his mission was fabricated in His name? If God would allow a liar to impersonate Him, then He should have clearly informed us in the Bible just like Jesus informed us about his own impersonation: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in my name, saying ‘ I am the Christ’, and will deceive many(Matthew 24:4-5)”.See how Jesus declared in an unambiguous terms that many liars would impersonate him. But you can never find a single biblical verse where God categorically inform us that a great liar is going to impersonate Him. If God of truth and wisdom would also allow a liar to impersonate Him, He should also have informed us in a very precise term just like Jesus did. But instead of pre-informing us about His impersonation by a great liar, God only informed us about “a prophet like Moses” which God would put His words in his mouth; I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods,THAT SAME PROPHET SHALL DIE. And if you say in your heart; How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken? When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is the word the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:18-22). Base on these very verses, what then can we say about the Qur’an whose author spoke in the name of the Lord of Israel as shown in the verses quoted above? Are we going to accept it as the word of the Lord of Israel or reject it as the word of a great impersonator? In the verses of the Deuteronomy quoted just above, the only acid test put forward by God to distinguish His actual word from the word of His impersonator is that the word of such impersonator would not come to pass or come true. But Qur’an contains many words of prophecy which have come to pass and come true. For example, one of the great prophecies is that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) will be victorious over his enemies (Qur’an 58:20-21). Another prophecy is that Islam will be established and continue to spread, and the number of Muslims will continue to grow (Qur’an 24:55, 110:1-2, 48:28). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be protected from destruction and corruption (Qur’an 15:9). Another prophecy is that Qur’an will be made easy for memorization (Qur’an 54:17, 22, 40). Another prophecy is that people will continue to pay visitation to the house of God in Mecca (Qur’an 22:26-28, 2:125). All these prophecies are known to be true. If they were not true, we would not have a religion known as Islam and we would not have a book known as Qur’an at this present time. All these prophecies are general ones known to all. However, there are some special miraculous prophecies in the Qur’an that God bestows upon whomsoever He wills among His servants. In fact, it happened that I personally experienced one of these miraculous prophecies; for whosoever care to believe me. I swear by God that this incident happened to me many years before I later discovered that Qur’an specifically made mention of it in a very clear and definite terms. As a matter of fact, it was among so many things that motivated me to write this very write-up you are holding in your hand. As usual, I was just reciting the Qur’an on that fateful day. When I got to a verse which I could not vividly remember, suddenly, my body began to be shaking. This act of shaking, which lasted for almost a minute, was so strong to the extent that the Qur’an I was holding fell out of my hand. When this act of shaking stopped, my heart began to beat faster and all my skin felt cool. It was after many years, when I was reading the translated Qur’an that I came across the verse that read thus; God has sent down the best statement, a book that its parts resemble each other in goodness and truth, oft-repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it. Then their skin and their heart soften to the remembrance of God. That is the guidance of God. He guides therewith whom He pleases and whomever God sends astray, for him there is no guide (Qur’an 39:23). In fact, I could not believe my two eyes when I saw this verse. I was so happy but at the same time, I wanted to be sure that the word translated as “shiver” in the English translation of Holy Qur’an actually corresponds to the original Arabic word. This Arabic word is “taqsha’irru. So I quickly searched for Arabic-English dictionary and I later discover that the word can be translated as “shake or shiver or tremble or quake”. This is how that very incident strengthens my faith in Holy Qur’an as the word of God. My faith still increases further when I came across another verse which says; We will show them Our signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this Qur’an is the truth (Qur’an 41:53). Therefore, according to those verses in the book of Deuteronomy quoted above, Qur’an is the last and final word of God because of its speaking in the name of God and the fulfillment of its general and special miraculous prophecies. But If you think that I am only lying about my own personal experience I narrated above and that the author of Qur’an was only impersonating God, then wait for the day you are going to die and meet the reality of this very verse; And whoever will not listen to my words that the prophet shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account (Deuteronomy 18:19).
If it was according to the divine plan that the author of Qur’an would be a great impersonator of God, then Bible should be full of warning and information about this impersonator. But instead of warning us and pre-informing us about the so-called liar that is going to impersonate Him just like Jesus talked about his own impersonators in Matthew 24:4-5 (quoted above), God only demonstrated to us through His dealing with Hananiah (the false prophet who spoke in the name of God in the Bible) that He would never allow such a thing to happen for a long time; Then the prophet Jeremiah said to Hananiah the prophet, ‘Listen, Hananiah! The Lord has not sent you, yet you have persuaded this nation to trust in lies. Therefore this what the Lord says: I am about to remove you from the face of the earth. This very year you are going to die, because you have preached rebellion against the Lord. In the seventh month of that same year, Hananiah the prophet died (Jeremiah 28:15-17). You will notice that what happened to Hananiah is what God had already prophesied about "a false prophet who speak in the name of God" as written in the verses of Deuteronomy cited above; THAT SAME PROPHET SHALL DIE. Therefore, if God did not even allow Hananiah to live for just a year, then how could he have allowed the supposed author of Qur’an to impersonate Him for good 23 years? This is indeed a food for thought for the sincere Jews and Christians who truly believe in the existence of God!
It is a well known fact that Qur’an is full of praising God and all the biblical prophets. It commands what is good and forbids what is bad. Therefore, if the author of Qur’an was truly an impersonator of God, then God of truth, power and wisdom should not have allowed such a deceptive and hypocritical book to be in existence from 1430 years ago till today. God should have designed a way through which such a book would be destroyed together with its author. In fact, we would not have known that there was a book called Qur’an. But if we assume that God Almighty, in His infinite wisdom, deliberately allowed the word of such impersonator to be protected from destruction in order to serve as a test for the true believers in God, then God should have pre informed us and warned us about this great impersonator in the Bible just like Jesus talked about his own impersonators in Matthew 24:4-5.However, God allow the Qur’an to be protected from destruction since 1430 years ago till today. God also allow all the Qur'anic prophecies mentioned above to be fulfilled and yet God did not pre-inform us in the Bible that a great liar is going to impersonate Him. This simply shows that the real author of Qur’an is God Himself, not an impersonator of God as Jews and Christians think.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by greatnaija01: 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
well na you get your mouth n MB n fingers....

I SIMPLY KNOW THAT QURAN IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE THE ENTIRE QURAN OR KORAN doesn't show the LOVE of GOD towards INFIDELS.....

IT SHOWS A VENGEFUL MERCILESS being called ALLAH or whatever u wanna call him...

IT IS SO CLEAR AND EASY TO CHOOSE WHOM TO FOLLOW BECAUSE QURAN MAKES IT SO EASY TO FOLLOW THE GOD OF THE BIBLE.... Only after reading both did i finally decide to follow JESUS.

You see, a true creator or man would pity n feel sad for those who still do not follow him or believe in HIM.... rather than feel cheated n vengeful n try to slaughter all infidels.... SOLOMON in his great wisdom proved this to be true when he was asked to JUDGE WHO BETWEEN TWO WOMEN OWNED A BABY..... one wanted the baby to be slaughtered WHILE the other wanted the baby to be saved..... THATS THE PROOF of who actually did the work on producing the BABY.

LOVE is stronger than any FORCE in the universe.... I WOULD RATHER SERVE A GOD IN LOVE than in FEAR. because perfect love casts out fear

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by spartan117(m): 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2017
The Bible was written by men under the leading of Elohim. Quran has similar verses with the old testament of d Bible bcuz d Bible preceded it. alahh is not ELOHIM and wud never be

5 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Chukwudozzie(m): 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2017
You took it right out my mind

greatnaija01:
well na you get your mouth n MB n fingers....

I SIMPLY KNOW THAT QURAN IS NOT THE WORD OF GOD BECAUSE THE ENTIRE QURAN OR KORAN doesn't show the LOVE of GOD towards INFIDELS.....

IT SHOWS A VENGEFUL MERCILESS being called ALLAH or whatever u wanna call him...

IT IS SO CLEAR AND EASY TO CHOOSE WHOM TO FOLLOW BECAUSE QURAN MAKES IT SO EASY TO FOLLOW THE GOD OF THE BIBLE.... Only after reading both did i finally decide to follow JESUS.

You see, a true creator or man would pity n feel sad for those who still do not follow him or believe in HIM.... rather than feel cheated n vengeful n try to slaughter all infidels.... SOLOMON in his great wisdom proved this to be true when he was asked to JUDGE WHO BETWEEN TWO WOMEN OWNED A BABY..... one wanted the baby to be slaughtered WHILE the other wanted the baby to be saved..... THATS THE PROOF of who actually did the work on producing the BABY.

LOVE is stronger than any FORCE in the universe.... I WOULD RATHER SERVE A GOD IN LOVE than in FEAR. because perfect love casts out fear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by CriticMaestro: 1:13pm On Mar 13, 2017
spartan117:
The Bible was written by men under the leading of Elohim. Quran has similar verses with the old testament of d Bible bcuz d Bible preceded it. alahh is not ELOHIM and wud never be
. The story of Jesus is in the new statement and he has been mentioned multiple times in the kuran, so how come a preceded text has its scriptures also in the kuran? who preceded who?
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by MrPRevailer(m): 1:22pm On Mar 13, 2017
@Abdulgaffar22
I appreciate your sincere effort dear.
But Firstly, The Quran does not understand what Son of God means and makes its believers to believe the Christians serve 3 gods. And that Jesus is not the Son of God because God does not marry neither does he beget.

Qur'an which claims to be perfect misunderstood the terminology SON OF GOD as an intercourse thing. But in the Bible, we can see that Son of God means THE WORD OF GOD or THE SPIRIT OF GOD. John 1:1, Genesis 1:2

Christians believe God is one. But Muslims think The Father, Son and Holyghost are 3 gods. No. They are one.

God created us in his image and likeness. MAN is The BODY, SOUL AND SPIRIT. They are one.

But Muslims never understood and they go about killing millions believing we are pagans. It's not their fault but the fault of the Qur'an which spoke falsely about Christians.

There are others but this my focus.

9 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by zionmade2: 1:33pm On Mar 13, 2017
MrPRevailer:
@Abdulgaffar22
I appreciate your sincere effort dear.
But Firstly, The Quran does not understand what Son of God means and makes its believers to believe the Christians serve 3 gods. And that Jesus is not the Son of God because God does not marry neither does he beget.

Qur'an which claims to be perfect misunderstood the terminology SON OF GOD as an intercourse thing. But in the Bible, we can see that Son of God means THE WORD OF GOD or THE SPIRIT OF GOD. John 1:1, Genesis 1:2

Christians believe God is one. But Muslims think The Father, Son and Holyghost are 3 gods. No. They are one.

God created us in his image and likeness. MAN is The BODY, SOUL AND SPIRIT. They are one.

But Muslims never understood and they go about killing millions believing we are pagans. It's not their fault but the fault of the Qur'an which spoke falsely about Christians.

There are others but this my focus.
Bro u went too far
Just tell d dude dat Christianity has nothing in common with Islam period!!
We dnt know mohammad and we dnt care to know him neither do we give a damn about their allah. So they shud stop wasting their time. No matter how d devil wants to push darkness close to light darkness can never have amy relationship with light

4 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by spartan117(m): 1:36pm On Mar 13, 2017
CriticMaestro:
. The story of Jesus is in the new statement and he has been mentioned multiple times in the kuran, so how come a preceded text has its scriptures also in the kuran? who preceded who?
Lol jesus christ was mentioned multiple times in the old testament by the prophets undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by GoodMuyis(m): 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2017
OP , What don you mean?

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by plainbibletruth: 3:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
Abdulgaffar22:

If you believe in Qur'an as the word of God, then you must compulsorily accept Islam because it is the last book which claims for itself the right of being the direct word of God. But if you think the original author of Qur’an is not God, then you must believe its author to be a great liar and impersonator who spoke in the name of God.

Again, how could God have left such a great liar and impersonator to survive for good twenty-three years and also allow his book to be protected from destruction since one thousand four hundred and thirty years ago till today?

Therefore, to believe that Qur’an is not authored by God create more problems for the Jews and the Christians than it really solves! They have to explain why God would allow a liar to impersonate him for good 23 years and also allow his book to be protected from destruction since 1430 years ago till today.

But instead of pre-informing us about His impersonation by a great liar, God only informed us about “a prophet like Moses” which God would put His words in his mouth; I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brethren. And I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I command him. And whoever will not listen to my words that he shall speak in My name, I Myself will call him into account. But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in My name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die. And if you say in your heart; How may we know the word that the Lord has not spoken? When a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is the word the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him (Deuteronomy 18:18-22).

But Qur’an contains many words of prophecy which have come to pass and come true.
In fact, it happened that I personally experienced one of these miraculous prophecies;
I’ll give my response in short points.
- Unfortunately the quran has a lot against it that makes it difficult for any OBJECTIVE reader or student of it to believe it as the direct word from God.
- In history many “sane” people have claimed that they were God. [According to you such ones must have been enticed or misled by Satan]. But why should we not believe them? So, what should make a man’s claim of divinity or being called of God to be a prophet should go beyond mere claim or ability to make ‘idol-worshippers’ turn to a belief in one God.
- Many contradictions in the quran are irreconcilable. Yet millions follow the religion. On the one hand it may appear to warn against idolatry and ‘evil practices’ but on the other hand we see practices in islam that are CLEARLY these. So?
- To believe the quran is not authored by God creates NO PROBLEM at all for Christians. Many evil men live longer than good men. Many documents of antiquity (which predate the quran) whose correctness may be in question still survive till today. So again, longevity does not prove approval of content of the material by God.
- The Bible states in many places that impersonators and liars will always be.
- Deuteronomy 18: Rightly understanding what “a prophet like Moses” means is a KEY to identifying who such a one is when he comes on the scene. Context is also very important. Choosing a word or two or some phrases out of a sentence or passage does not do justice to it. It may in fact be DECEPTION at the end of the day.
You left out VITAL words from the Deuteronomy 18:18-22 you referred to in justifying Mohamed as the person talked about.
That portion says: “I will raise up for THEM a prophet like you FROM AMONG THEIR BROTHERS, I will put my words in his mouth ….”
Did you notice the highlighted words? Who is THEM? From among WHOM was the prophet to be raised? Mohamed was neither a Jew nor was he descended from anyone in Israel.

- Fulfilment of “prophecies” that are easy to fulfil leaves much to be desired as a claim for divine authorship.
- Experience may be real but needs to be rightly evaluated to give it a right perspective.
- NOTHING in the book of Deuteronomy remotely suggests that the quran is the last and final word of God.

The quran is INCOMPLETE in many parts as well as being INCOHERENT. Contrary to what many muslims are made to believe, it was compiled DECADES after Mohamed died according to hadith. Some versions were burnt by Uthman Ibn Affan.
You may wish to see:
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 61, Number 509 & 510
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 82, Number 816
Who gave Uthman the authority to burn the copies of the quran that he destroyed?
Did he receive DIVINE INSPIRATION to do that which he did?
How did he come to choose which versions to destroy?
Why did he burn others?

So, Abdulgaffar, the quran you hold today has lots of question marks against it. You will only get clarity by going to THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Missy89(f): 3:49pm On Mar 13, 2017
Go and post your garbage in the "Islam for Fascists" section
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by ilyasmuy: 5:28pm On Mar 13, 2017
plainbibletruth:

- Unfortunately the quran has a lot against it that makes it difficult for any OBJECTIVE reader or student of it to believe it as the direct word from God.
- In history many “sane” people have claimed that they were God. [According to you such ones must have been enticed or misled by Satan]. But why should we not believe them? So, what should make a man’s claim of divinity or being called of God to be a prophet should go beyond mere claim or ability to make ‘idol-worshippers’ turn to a belief in one God.
- Many contradictions in the quran are irreconcilable. Yet millions follow the religion. On the one hand it may appear to warn against idolatry and ‘evil practices’ but on the other hand we see practices in islam that are CLEARLY these. So?
- To believe the quran is not authored by God creates NO PROBLEM at all for Christians. Many evil men live longer than good men. Many documents of antiquity (which predate the quran) whose correctness may be in question still survive till today. So again, longevity does not prove approval of content of the material by God.
- Deuteronomy 18: Rightly understanding what “a prophet like Moses” means is a KEY to identifying who such a one is when he comes on the scene. Context is also very important. Choosing a word or two or some phrases out of a sentence or passage does not do justice to it. It may in fact be DECEPTION at the end of the day.
You left out VITAL words from the Deuteronomy 18:18-22 you referred to in justifying Mohamed as the person talked about.
That portion says: “I will raise up for THEM a prophet like you FROM AMONG THEIR BROTHERS, I will put my words in his mouth ….”
Did you notice the highlighted words? Who is THEM? From among WHOM was the prophet to be raised? Mohamed was neither a Jew nor was he descended from anyone in Israel.

- Fulfilment of “prophecies” that are easy to fulfil leaves much to be desired as a claim for divine authorship.
- Experience may be real but needs to be rightly evaluated to give it a right perspective.
- NOTHING in the book of Deuteronomy remotely suggests that the quran is the last and final word of God.

The quran is INCOMPLETE in many parts as well as being INCOHERENT. Contrary to what many muslims are made to believe, it was compiled DECADES after Mohamed died according to hadith. Some versions were burnt by Uthman Ibn Affan.
You may wish to see:
Who gave Uthman the authority to burn the copies of the quran that he destroyed?
Why did he burn others?

So, Abdulgaffar, the quran you hold today has lots of question marks against it. You will only get clarity by going to THE PEOPLE OF THE BOOK.
You dont know anything about Quran. Why is it incomplete and incoherent?? Why is it not objective?? How does Quran supports idol woship??
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by plainbibletruth: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
ilyasmuy:
You dont know anything about Quran. Why is it incomplete and incoherent?? Why is it not objective?? How does Quran supports idol woship??
Many portions of the quran are debated even by Islamic scholars because they are simply not quite clear. True or false?

The Muslim cannot really live his religious life based on the quran alone. He must depend on hadith to COMPLETE his understanding of how to conduct his religious life.

How many times does the quran say the muslim should pray?
How many times does the hadith mandate the muslim to pray?

Who built the Kaba according to the quran and then the hadith?
Why don't the two agree?
What do Muslims do there? Does Allah want a physical structure to represent him or be revered in a special way? If so why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Chukwudozzie(m): 11:59pm On Mar 13, 2017
Spot on, I couldn't have done it better. Thanks a lot

PS: Another fallacy in the so called Quran is the lack of prophecy, rather they make reference to the Bible to explain their prophecies.

plainbibletruth:

You may wish to see:
Why did he burn others?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Richirich713: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2017
That's it, I have to believe in the Quran because it uses first person pronouns.

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Kaysalas(m): 10:57am On Mar 14, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Many portions of the quran are debated even by Islamic scholars because they are simply not quite clear. True or false?

The Muslim cannot really live his religious life based on the quran alone. He must depend on hadith to COMPLETE his understanding of how to conduct his religious life.

Why don't the two agree?
What do Muslims do there? Does Allah want a physical structure to represent him or be revered in a special way? If so why?
Bros! I envy your depth of knowledge on the Quran, please, can you lead me to materials to further enlighten me?
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by patmen: 10:33pm On Mar 14, 2017
Want to know more about prophet mohammed and islam? then click here.. http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 15, 2017
im realy keen on the use of the term "we" in refernce to Allah, who are the we?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by ilyasmuy: 12:22am On Mar 18, 2017
plainbibletruth:

Why don't the two agree?

Please argue constructively. Make a research on Quran before spitting rubbish. How does muslim prayer in Quran differs from Hadith?? What is the different in who built the Ka'aabah?? A physics teacher explaining a physics text-book to secondary school students, Does that mean the physics text-book is incomplete??

Your assumptions are absolutely not correct. Did any muslim tell you that Allah have a physical structure in Ka'abah?? So, Since Allah in his infinite wisdom chose Ka'abah for meeting point of all muslims all over the world, then it means he must have a physical attributes?? Coming from a christians who also do pilgrimage in Jerusalem/Rome is hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by plainbibletruth: 9:04am On Mar 18, 2017
ilyasmuy:

Please argue constructively. Make a research on Quran before spitting rubbish. How does muslim prayer in Quran differs from Hadith?? What is the different in who built the Ka'aabah?? A physics teacher explaining a physics text-book to secondary school students, Does that mean the physics text-book is incomplete??

Your assumptions are absolutely not correct. Did any muslim tell you that Allah have a physical structure in Ka'abah?? So, Since Allah in his infinite wisdom chose Ka'abah for meeting point of all muslims all over the world, then it means he must have a physical attributes?? Coming from a christians who also do pilgrimage in Jerusalem/Rome is hypocrisy

Why don't you argue constructively by taking my points one by one and provide proofs against them.

Don't you think that would have been better?

Do you add the hadith to the quran to live your life as a Muslim?
If so, are the hadith also books that were in heaven and now given by revelation?
Were those who wrote them inspired?
How do you account for differences between portions of the hadith and the quran?

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Demmzy15(m): 12:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
spartan117:
Did anyone say Allaah is bloody elohim or Yahweh? angry undecided
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Demmzy15(m): 12:16pm On Mar 18, 2017
Chukwudozzie:
Spot on, I couldn't have done it better. Thanks a lot

PS: Another fallacy in the so called Quran is the lack of prophecy, rather they make reference to the Bible to explain their prophecies.

Kaysalas:

Bros! I envy your depth of knowledge on the Quran, please, can you lead me to materials to further enlighten me?
Please go through this thread this guy opened by himself 2years back. Read, because there are things which would be clear to you! https://www.nairaland.com/2489382/where-did-mohammeds-stories-come

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by Demmzy15(m): 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2017
plainbibletruth:

[s]Why don't you argue constructively by taking my points one by one and provide proofs against them.

Don't you think that would have been better?

Do you add the hadith to the quran to live your life as a Muslim?
If so, are the hadith also books that were in heaven and now given by revelation?
Were those who wrote them inspired?
How do you account for differences between portions of the hadith and the quran?[/s]
You dey claim local champ here abi, illiterate!

1 Like

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by plainbibletruth: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2017
Demmzy15:
You dey claim local champ here abi, illiterate!
I take it that my questions are beyond your comprehension.
Thanks for expressing your inability to answer.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by annunaki2(m): 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2017
Demmzy15:

Yes your al taquiya prophet claimed that his god is the same as the biblical God whose name is Yahweh. You should direct your anger to mohamed for deceiving you and a Billion other muslims into believing he was sent by the biblical God. Mohammmed is nothing but a fraud and Allah was a local pagan deity his family worshipped.
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by ilynem(m): 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2017
plainbibletruth:

You may wish to see:
Why did he burn others?

You know, I was preparing a long reply, but you really couldn't have done this any better. Well done sir.

4 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by ilynem(m): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2017
ilyasmuy:
Its incomplete because Uthman burnt some of it. Some of the reciters where also killed in a battle. And let's not forget the verse Aisha's sheep ate.
Its incoherent because there are a lot of contradictions. On one hand the Koran recommends the Turah and the Gospels and on the other hand it orders the killing of those who believe in the Turah and the Gospel. It also claims that Mary is the sister of Aaron when they lived about 1400 years apart.
Walking around the Kabar (which was also a pagan temple) and then kissing a black stone. If that's not pagan, I don't know what is. Peace grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by ilynem(m): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2017
Richirich713:
That's it, I have to believe in the Quran because it uses first person pronouns.
That's just laughable. Actually their biggest proof that the Koran is the word of God is that it was so nicely written that it had to be God talking. For God's sake, Shakespeare wrote better books than that thing. Is Romeo and Juliet also the word of God?

2 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by analice107: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
zionmade2:

Bro u went too far
Just tell d dude dat Christianity has nothing in common with Islam period!!
We dnt know mohammad and we dnt care to know him neither do we give a damn about their allah. So they shud stop wasting their time. No matter how d devil wants to push darkness close to light darkness can never have amy relationship with light
Thank you very much.

Why does Islam want Christians and Jew's acceptance? Can't they do without us?

Muharmad commanded muslims to kill Christians and Jews for not accepting him and his god, just the way the Antichrist will kill the Jews for rejecting him when he comes.

Satan wants the worship of God's people by all means.
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by analice107: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2017
im realy keen on the use of the term "we" in refernce to Allah, who are the we?
And, do you know that angels instructs Allah?
Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by analice107: 4:22pm On Mar 18, 2017
ilyasmuy:

Let me take it that you dont know or you are using Altigyya to lie as a typical muslim.

Before muharmad was declared a prophet by Waraqa bin Nawal, what was the Kaaba, and what did it housed?

Let me help you, it housed all the pagan statues in all of the Arabian Peninsula. It was called the house of gods. Every god had its effigy there, even the statue of the catholic virgin Mary was there.

Muharmad after being conferred with the prophethood thought it wise to cast out all other effigies leaving only the statue of allah and his three daughters, Allat, Manat and Uzzar. It was later he decided to remove the statues then went about shouting monotheism.

Dude, get your facts straight Al Mutalab, Muhammad's grand father, and Abdullah Muhammad's father were idol worshipers, they worshipped allah the moon god with his three daughters.

Keep your Islam to yourselves.

4 Likes

Re: Why Christians Should Give Qur'an A Second Thought by analice107: 4:30pm On Mar 18, 2017
Demmzy15:
Finally this one has grown a brain. Indeed Allah is satan who almost killed muharmad Making him believe he was God.

Why did Muhammad killed 900 Jews in one day? Wasn't it because they won't recognise him as the prophet sent by Yahweh?

Idol worshipper.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jehovah Witness Dating Nigeria Facebook / Yookos Christian Who Smoke W E E D / The Order Of Melchizedek

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.