Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,862 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss (62351 Views)

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Matrimony Of Secrets / "The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by olumike001(m): 3:13am On Apr 25, 2017
Raychellasam:
Mark is dumb....How can you show someone you love her by raping her.
Hi
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by BlissfulJeff(m): 6:38am On Apr 25, 2017
nice update
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 25, 2017
mark is a big disappointment. classless hediot.
I thought he's the good guy. I just hope the blogger doesn't chance in on that. if he does, Ajunwa is equally in trouble
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2017
Countrygirl:
I wondered why Grace could sell the family secret to the blogger, but I know better now
Nice story Op, I just dey follow you upandan like touch and follow

maybe the fool raped grace, before they both fell in love. I'm just so angry. it's just a novel sha
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by nikz(f): 8:43am On Apr 25, 2017
So everyone in this family is crazy?
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Tgold1(m): 8:50am On Apr 25, 2017
what a fvck of a family... mark of all people
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Countrygirl(f): 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

maybe the fool raped grace, before they both fell in love. I'm just so angry. it's just a novel sha
Maybe they were not actually dating..... mark has secrets too..... I'm following the the story

1 Like

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Countrygirl(f): 3:27pm On Apr 25, 2017
Tgold1:
what a fvck of a family... mark of all people
I just dey vex for that Mark....... come to think of it, how much does pastor Mrs trust that thug to allow him stay in the garden while she does her thing with Nelson...... I guess she has let another person in on the family dirty secrets

keeping my phone charged, can't miss any episode
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by 1felix(f): 4:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
I guess Mark was raping Grace in the name of loving her. so he wants to transfer the lovelike to new maid.
Is a pity.
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by chara019: 6:31pm On Apr 25, 2017
I knew mark ain't a saint
There is more to his character, he has the ita blood in him,he can never be a sheep among wolves.....
Well done ma'am
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Tgold1(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2017
Countrygirl:
I just dey vex for that Mark....... come to think of it, how much does pastor Mrs trust that thug to allow him stay in the garden while she does her thing with Nelson...... I guess she has let another person in on the family dirty secrets

things just got hyper complicated
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Tgold1(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2017
Countrygirl:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Buttersss(f): 9:40am On Apr 27, 2017
The night had been empty and longer without a man to warm her bed, her father was badly wounded and was in the hospital, she had not set her eyes on her mother’s driver since the accident, and she felt really Hot.

‘Brand new day’ she crawled out of bed and stared outside the window, she had to see Nelson, she needed to feel him inside of her, she needed to quench her burning desires.

Rose showered and dressed up and left for the kitchen, she decided to have breakfast first, before sneaking into Nelson’s room, she’d thought she’d been the only one awake but was surprised to walk in on the maid, she was crying.

She’d grown up with maids and didn’t like the lot of them especially Grace who’d walked in on her and her dad, but the sight of this new maid crying had an effect on her and she was tempted to comfort her, but she couldn’t, she wouldn’t stoop that low.

‘What are you doing? I need my breakfast and be real quick about it’ Rose hissed loudly trying to mask her concern.

‘Oh, Goodmorning Ma,please what would you like to eat’? Ajunwa rose to her feet and wiped her face hurriedly.

‘Food’ Rose hissed loudly and left the kitchen, she decided to check Nelson first, she couldn’t stand a crying maid.

As she neared his room, she noticed something strange in the garden, a bottle of scotch and two glasses, someone had been drinking the night before. That was when she remembered her mother’s late night visitor, Mr Oliver, that was how she’d addressed him.

‘Wow, mum you’re so smart, your husband is almost dying and you couldn’t wait to bring your lover home’ Rose clicked her tongue as she caressed the bottle. She had always known her mother was sneaking around, but now, she’d found out who her lover was.

She scoffed and continued walking, she couldn’t wait for her dad to get well so they’d resume their affair, she had proof that her mother was equally cheating, so why should he stay faithful to her?

‘Nelson’? she knocked twice, but there was no response, she pushed the door with all her strength, but realized it was locked.

‘Motherfucker’ she cursed and picked up the note close to his door.

‘What’s really happening’? Rose wondered as she scanned it.

DEAR MADAM,
I AM REALLY SORRY FOR WHAT HAS HAPPENED, IT’S ALL MY FAULT, I COULDN’T FACE THE PASTOR, SEEING HIM ON THAT HOSPITAL BED BEAT MY CONSCIENCE AND I HAD TO RESIGN. PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

‘Are you kidding me?’ Rose scoffed, she felt stupid for even having sex with him earlier, he didn’t have the courtesy to let her in on his eloping plans.

‘Bastard’ she spat angrily.

‘Mum’! she rushed back to show her mother the letter.

It was like a dream to me, I still couldn’t believe Mark had raped me, I trusted him completely and he treated me like an object.

My hands shook as I washed the dishes, I couldn’t tell anyone what had happened to me, if only I’d listened to my mother, now I’d lost my virginity in the most appalling manner and I had so many fears, what if I got pregnant? what if I got raped?

So many things ran through my mind, I was so scared, I paused and inhaled deeply, everything in me screamed I should leave the house and return to my village, but the quest for revenge swallowed the inner voices.

I couldn’t let Mark go scot free, I had to hurt him as much as he hurt me, even his whole family, they had to pay for what Mark did.

What if he’d raped Grace too? Was that why she wanted to run? I had so many questions yet no answer.

I peeped out of the window into the garden as I heard Rose screaming for her mother, what had happened? Had she discovered her mother’s affair with Nelson?

I shook my head in disappointment, these men of God had a lot of skeletons in their cupboard.
I prayed to be strong, I couldn’t cry now, I couldn’t show Mark I was weak, I needed to fight for myself, I wouldn’t be used and discarded like an old doll, I had my plans.

‘Ajunwa’ the all too familiar alto called my name.

Normally, I would’ve been scared of her, scared of her presence, but I felt nothing as I swirled and faced the woman who was married to a pastor and was equally sleeping with her driver. Suddenly, all my fears disappeared and I felt more courageous than before.
‘Goodmorning Ma’ I replied coolly.

‘Morning, prepare some food, something spicy, you’ll tend to my husband today, I have a very busy schedule’ Helen gave out the orders and was about to leave when her daughter rushed into the kitchen.

Before that, she noticed something different about Ajunwa, the girl hardly ever looked her straight in the eye but she did right then and that made her uncomfortable, that wasn’t a good sign, she waved it aside and decided she’d deal with the rat later. She had more important things to deal with, she needed to meet with the church elders and she needed to pay Oliver off for his services.

She had slept like a baby throughout the night, she had never felt that much peace, knowing the only person capable of leaking her secret and tearing her family apart was dead, she couldn’t have wished for more.

‘What is it Honey’? Helen replied coolly.

‘Mum, I found this, it seems Nelson has gone’ Rose handed her the note.

My ears were erect as mother and daughter conversed, why would Nelson run? Afterall he had access to his boss’ body and she must have taken good care of him.

‘What? What’s the meaning of this? How could he just leave without telling me’? Helen complained.

‘Mum, I think we should call in the police to find him, he was responsible for dad’s accident and now he has gone, I think he took our kindness for granted, Mum please you need to arrest him’ Rose suggested. What hurt her most was sleeping with him, and he just bailed out on her like nothing happened.

‘No dear, we need to think this through, we don’t need the police, since he’s already gone, there’s no point’ Helen replied. How could Rose say something like that? Bringing in the police would destroy her plans.

‘Mum? Why are you defending him? he hurt father, your husband, he confessed in this note that the accident was his fault, then what are waiting for’? Rose asked, her mother was acting weird, she noticed Helen’s eyeballs were dicey, she was hiding something.

‘I am not defending Nelson, this isn’t the time to call in the police, let’s support your father, once he is on his feet, we call in the police and deal with him’ Helen replied.

This was getting interesting, first, Grace wrote a note and vanished and now Nelson? I scoffed as mother and daughter argued till Helen’s idea overshadowed Rose’s.

‘Good morning all, what’s the noise about’? Mark swaggered into the kitchen and my heart raced as I recalled what he did to me.
It took willpower to control my shaky hands and the urge to strike his face with a ceramic, I needed to hurt him so badly.

‘I was just telling mother about this and I feel we should bring in the police, what do you think’? Rose showed Mark the note.

‘Uhmmm, not a bad idea, Mum he just confessed, we should report him for running, what if dad never recovers’? Mark asked.

‘You know what Rose? I need to see you in my room’ Helen ordered and strode out of the kitchen with her daughter, leaving I and Mark.

‘Baby….’ He neared me and encircled his hands around me.

‘Get your dirty hands off of me’ I screamed as tears welled up in my eyes, but I controlled them, he couldn’t see me as weak.

‘Why the anger? We shared something special last night’ he tried to kiss me but I slapped him. how dare he?

‘You are a devil Mark, you forced your dirty self on me and now you’re telling me we shared something, are you okay? Did I offend you in anyway? Why did you rape me? Is that how you raped Grace? Tell me, was that why she left you for Romeo?’ a tear slipped from my eyes.

I noticed the surprise in his eyes as I mentioned Grace.

‘Romeo? How did you know about him? what do you know’? he dragged me closer to him, his eyes brimmed with tears.

‘Let go of me you psycho, I knew that’s what you did to her, but I am not Grace, get that into your thick skull, I would pay you back, go and write it down’ I pushed him backwards and ran out of the kitchen.

‘Wait Ajunwa! I am sorry, please don’t leave me’ he cried but I was gone.

His heart raced as he cried, what had he done? She was right, his problems started with Grace when she fell in love with another man, how could she have chosen another over him?
He had noticed a certain young man whom she hung out with after church service, she had told him his name was Romeo,he had fought hard to win her love before she escaped and brought pain to his world.

‘I saved you from the police, I buried your secret in my garden and you dare question my authority in this house, how dare you Rose’? Helen poured out her anger at her daughter’s irritable behavior. Who was she to give her orders?

‘Mum, why do you always have to bring that matter up? why can’t you ever let it go? Why do you make me feel like I can’t correct you when you’re wrong simply because you helped me that day. Remember I didn’t ask you to cover it up, I was scared and broken, cutting her into pieces and burying her in the garden was your idea, you had a choice to call the police but you dragged I and father into it’ Rose screamed angrily at her mother.

‘How dare you? You little ingrate, should I had reported to the police, you wouldn’t have had the guts to stand before me, because you would’ve been dead in jail, your father’s reputation would’ve been tarnished, I helped everyone, I cleansed us all and you’re so ungrateful’ Helen scowled.

‘Cleansed us? You’re the one who needs cleansing’ Rose scoffed and turned to walk away but Helen dragged her and offered her a slap which sent her reeling on the floor.

‘Excuse me? I’m the one who needs cleansing? When you murdered Grace in cold blood for a reason I’d never know’ Helen chuckled.

‘I know your secret mum, I saw it in the garden, you think you’re a saint? Wait till dad gets well and I tell him about you and your lover, I would tell him how you sneak him into the house and Bleep him, just wait on me’ Rose staggered.

‘How could you’? Helen smirked. How could her own daughter whom she saved speak to her that way?

‘So it’s the truth afterall’? Rose arched a brow.

‘I only slept with Nelson because your father lost interest in me and had no time for me, he buried himself in church work, why should you judge me, you’re no better’ Helen exhaled.

Things were falling out of place, if only she knew she would’ve reported Grace’s murder to the police, now the daughter she spared was now challenging her authority.
‘You slept with Nelson’? Rose was shocked, so her mother was having an affair with Nelson, no wonder she was reluctant to report him to the police, that did it for her, she would work straight into a police station and report Nelson’s elopement.

‘Just get out of my room, I buried your secret in the garden and I regret every bit of it’ Helen dismissed her.

‘Whatever’ Rose hissed and walked away.

‘God, I’m dead’ Helen sank into her bed, truly, there was no peace for the wicked, if only she knew, she wouldn’t have spared Rose, now everything would fall back on her.

She hadn’t closed her eyes for a five minutes just to take a short nap, when her phone beeped and she checked it, it was a message, one whose words left her terrified and she wished the earth could crack open and swallow her up.

‘I KNOW WHAT YOU DID, IT MAKES ME SICK, I AM GOING TO TELL. A SECRET IS BURIED IN THE GARDEN’.

‘Lord save me’ she cried and buried her face in the pillow, Oliver had shown her the text before, someone was after her, she could feel it strongly.

He had tried a number of businesses but none worked out well than that of blackmailing people and getting them to pay heavily for it. He had blackmailed lots of Nigerian politicians, most of them made the mistake of being mean to their domestic staff, and that was the easiest means to get to them.

‘Why didn’t you take pictures, how could you be so stupid? Now we have no evidence, she could easily deny it and claim nothing happened’ Kachi Romeo yelled angrily at one of his agents.

He not only owned a blog, he had numerous connections with different secret cults as well as assassin groups, so anytime a big fish ordered for the death of someone, he knew, except for very top officials. Helen was not close to the top, she played into his hands very easily.

‘Take a picture after shooting him? she was right there and if I tried that she would’ve killed me too and buried me in her sweet little garden’ Oliver scoffed.

Working with Kachi Romeo was good business, most times they both connived and blackmailed those that had hired him to kill.

‘Bury you? You were the one with the gun’ Kachi poured himself a drink.

‘So what? There are many ways to kill a man, trust me, Helen Ita is a very dangerous woman. Nelson was foolish to have sex with her even after you’d revealed to him the woman that had sent men after his life’ Oliver replied.

‘Well Delilah killed Samson, how much more a smaller fool like Nelson?’ Kachi scoffed.

‘You call him a fool, but what about you who is in love with Rose, a woman that bleeps her own dad, who does that’? Oliver grimaced.

‘In love? I used to love her once, but now, I see her as a means to a very rich end,this would be our biggest job, a family with secrets, each would pay to keep their abnormalities from the world’ Kachi laughed heartily.

‘What about Helen’s son? Mark, he seems to be clean, you have not said a thing about him’ Oliver asked.
He’d worked together on the Ita family case with Kachi for a long time.

‘Mark is no angel, in fact, he is the reason Grace really opened up to me, we’ll talk about some other time, now I need all the information to find Grace, I need to know she is okay, she helped me very much’ Kachi sighed, Grace had really suffered, she had gone through hell in that cursed house, he was glad she had opened up to him.

‘Nothing much, the pastor is still in the hospital bed, and I think Grace has returned, I saw her last night serving the Ita’s’ Oliver replied. He was sure of it, the girl that served dinner was Grace, he’d seen her many times when she met in secret with Romeo.

‘Are you sure about this? Then why didn’t she contact me? Why are her numbers not going through, this would be the greatest news ever’ Kachi dialed her numbers but they weren’t reachable.

‘I swear it, maybe I could go back to the house, and instruct her to meet you’ Olive suggested.

‘No, that would be dangerous, stay away from the Itas, now, we have to get evidence that the pastor is sleeping with his own daughter, we already have a voice note of Grace telling me how Mark raped her a lot of times, after which I convinced her to fix this a tiny video camera in the house to catch Helen and Nelson in action, which she did, now all what remains is our biggest fish, Pastor Ita and Rose’ Kachi clapped his hands excitedly.

‘You’re very smart, but I think we should take on just one person, too much of everything is bad’ Oliver advised, he wasn’t too comfortable with Romeo’s idea.

‘No, one person wouldn’t make me as rich as I want, so we take them all down’ Romeo replied not too pleased with Oliver countering him.

‘I still don’t support it, I say we take the pastor down, he was what to lose most, he has a ministry,we have to think very clearly’ Oliver insisted.

‘Since when did you start giving me advice on how to run my business’? Romeo snapped angrily at him.

‘Well, mind the way you speak to me, we’re still in this business’ Oliver warned.

‘Partners’? Romeo scoffed, he knew how just to deal with Oliver, with the snap of his fingers, the fool would obey him.

‘Of course, I do your dirty work’ Oliver replied.

‘Well that’s because you’re dirty, you’re a pig and I am the clean one, next time you challenge me, I shall leak your secrets and trust me, the Nigerian police would treat you just find and all the clients you blackmailed’ Romeo hissed loudly and walked out of the room.

Romeo’s words stilled Oliver and scared him too, he suddenly discovered he was a slave to Romeo like everyone else whom he blackmailed.

‘No way, I wouldn’t be your pawn’ Oliver rose to his feet, he needed to get out of Romeo’s clip, and he knew just how to get out.

6 Likes

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by bimberry1307(f): 10:50am On Apr 27, 2017
wow! everyone is just blackmailing someone in one way or the other. move on, angel. I dey feel you.
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 27, 2017
They are really living in a world of secrets... Ride on
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by marvwhite: 11:57am On Apr 27, 2017
wow! ..... #speechless
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Alennsar(f): 12:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
so Mark is a rapist OGA oooo
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Tgold1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2017
it's getting messier.... head go roll
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by damis28crown(f): 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
NAWA O YAWA DON BUST IF I NO READ HO GO READ FOLLOWIN TO D END JAH STRETHIN U MA
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Erudite202: 6:48am On Apr 28, 2017
After reading this masterpiece, I have began to believe Stephenia OTODO!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by dimssy(m): 10:09am On Apr 28, 2017
Masterpiece........can feel this menh
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 28, 2017
Atleast Mark regrets his action. As for the charly charly Rose i just pray she meets her doom soon.
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Immorttal: 12:26pm On Apr 28, 2017
Buttersss:
please be patient angels! give me two days, I'm working on it, it's gonna be mind blowing
nice and suspense filled, if you have an option of selling outrightly then am your guy, i admire good write-up and i pay surprisingly well.

1 Like

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 28, 2017
don't make me feel pity for mark. nah. never
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Davinciko: 2:19pm On Apr 28, 2017
Erudite202:
After reading this masterpiece, I have began to believe Stephenia OTODO!!!!
Lol..Otobo you mean..
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Davinciko: 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2017
okay this serenity is killing. Am I missing something.. has dis thread moved elsewhere? Buttersss...whats up...pls drop another already...
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by missyadorable(f): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2017
Best story I have read on nairaland so far.
pls kwantinue
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Angelsss(f): 11:57am On May 01, 2017
I had prepared breakfast for everyone and now I was preparing myself to go see the pastor at the hospital. I had already made something hot for him to drink, I hoped he was okay.

I decided to go through Grace’s things once more, I had never met her in person but I felt I had known her my entire life.
I fetched her album and stared at her pictures again especially the one she stood with Romeo, they looked so great together, I was sure Mark started raping her when she fell in love with someone else.
‘Bastard’ I cast the album aside and wept on my bed.

I cried for about fifteen minutes, my eyes were all foggy and swollen, I stopped the minute I heard a strange sound. You know when your battery is about to be exhausted and it makes a sound, exactly what I heard, but I was quite sure it wasn’t from my phone.

I rose up immediately, what if Grace had left her phone behind, I heard the sound again, it came from the cupboard where I’d found the photo album and the note, how come I’d never seen or heard it?

As I pulled out the last drawer, a huge rat climbed out and I screamed for my dear life.

‘Jeez, that wasn’t funny’ I laughed for the first time that day.

‘Here you are darling…’ I wondered what it was, it wasn’t a phone, I realized it was a mini sized video camera.

‘What’s this’? I pressed a button and waited for the device to show me something, but it didn’t, so I tossed it aside.

I slipped on my shoes ready to move when I heard sounds that resembled moans from a woman in pain, this time, pain wasn’t the case, what I saw was going to haunt me for eternity.

My phone rang and I picked it up hurriedly.

‘Hello’ my voice was shaky from what I’d just seen, how could that happen?

‘Ajunwa? Have you forgotten me so fast? This is your friend Joy’?

‘Joy, I’m sorry, I’m just not feeling too well’ I lied, how could I have forgotten Joy, my best friend whose uncle I worked for.

‘I’m sorry sweetheart, guess what’? she sounded excited.

‘Wow you sound happy, what’s that’? I asked.

‘I know my uncle just had an accident, the news is everywhere so I am at the hospital with him, later I’d be at the house and we would gist throughout the night’ she replied.

‘Wow, I’m coming there soon’ I replied and dropped the phone in my bag.
Joy was in town, I wondered if I could let her in on what I had encountered in the house. I turned the video camera off and hid it safely, I had watched enough. Pastor Ita was making love with his daughter Rose, truly, this was a house of secrets.

She smiled mischievously, her mother’s plans was for them to keep their dad’s accident secret but she’d tweeted it and the media had carried it, she would have Helen begging for forgiveness for slapping her like that.

‘Rose, open the door’ Mark pounded her door.

‘Come in bro’ she answered sweetly.

She had dressed up, things had changed, she needed to see her father, they needed to save themselves from what was to come.

‘How could tweet about dad’s accident? Have you forgotten about mum’s orders? Why did you disobey her’ Mark was annoyed with his sister.

‘Well, I did the right thing, your mother is a very selfish woman and she doesn’t care much about either of us, how could she defend Nelson like that’? Rose hissed angrily.

‘Oh, this is still about Nelson? I’m sure you were fucking him, how could you disobey mum? Though she seemed off, but I saw the good in her suggestions, now, dad’s members may lose faith in him, I hope you’re happy now’ Mark hissed and turned to walk away.

This was her chance and she seized it.

‘Why do you think so highly of your mother? Let me tell you something sweet bro, mother was having an affair with Nelson, what if they connived to kill dad to afford them more time to be with each other, have you thought about that’? Rose asked.

‘Is that all? Mum is sleeping with Nelson, is that a bad thing? What of dad, what if he’s sleeping with other people? How is that your business, see Rose, this is their marriage, we’re the children, we’re not supposed to take sides, we’re to let them work things out on their own not to judge, I’m not perfect, I just did something that’s eating me up which I may pay for later, I don’t think you’re perfect too, let’s just be united now more than ever’ Mark hoped she’d see reasons with him, he wasn’t surprised to hear about his mum’s infidelity, Grace had mentioned it before they had a fall out and Ajunwa had told him the night before.

‘Bravo, nice speech, I see, Helen has gotten her claws on you, but before you go, I had this feeling you and Grace had something you guys shared and I’ll love to tell you something about your sweet dear mother’ Rose rubbed her hands together.

‘What about Grace’? Mark sighed.

‘Grace isn’t missing, she is dead, she walked in on mum and Nelson and mum killed her and buried her in the garden, I could show you where, if you promise not to flare up’ Rose said.

‘You’re bluffing’ Mark swallowed hard. How could Rose cook up such a lie? His mother was many things but not a murderer.

‘Go find out, beneath the roses, midnight, check it out’ Rose patted his shoulder.

‘Beneath the roses’he whispered the words, Ajunwa had found Grace’s necklace beneath the Roses, he swallowed hard and prayed it wasn’t true, he needed to confront his mother.

‘Yes bro, you’ll have to excuse me now, I have a call to answer’ Romeo was the caller and she couldn’t wait to answer it.

‘Hello my darling…’ she pawed sweetly. She had set her plans in motion, she couldn’t wait to see her mother go down.

‘Hello red rose, guess what’? Romeo answered in the same manner.

‘What is it my love’? she asked.
‘I’m at your gate, please let me in’.

‘Mum, open the door’! Mark was infuriated, different emotions ran through him, how could his mother betray him like that? Why did she have to kill Grace and lie to him about it?

‘Mark, what happened?’ Helen had just woken up from her sleep.

‘Mum, please tell me this isn’t true, please deny it’ Mark stared deeply into her eyes.

‘What is it dear’? she wondered why her kids wouldn’t let her be in peace.
‘Did you kill Grace because she found out you were having an affair with Nelson? Did you cut her into pieces and bury her beneath your roses’? Mark asked.

‘I see, Rose is twisting this story, trying to paint me black, was she the one who told everyone about your dad’s accident’? Helen felt deeply hurt, calls from her church members had awoken her, somehow they got to know the pastor was in the hospital. How could Rose betray her like that?

‘Mum?’ Mark called her.

‘Thank you for coming to speak with me first before doing anything stupid, come in and have a seat, let me tell you everything but first swear you’ll forgive me and trust me again’ Helen invited him in.

‘Just tell me the truth’ Mark sat at the edge of her bed.

‘I kept this secret from you because I didn’t want you to get involved in something so dirty, I felt you saw me like a saint and I had to keep it that way, I’m sorry darling, I should’ve told you everything, but know this, I love you from the bottom of my heart, I protected your sister who had turned against me now for some reason, just like I protected you’she paused.

‘Just go straight to the point mum’ Mark was getting impatient.

‘No, I’ll take this step by step so you’ll judge for yourself who’s guilty or innocent. Your sister came into my room one day just like you’re doing now and begged me to save her, she was so scared, I followed her and found Grace on the floor bleeding from her head, she was dead. Rose claimed they had a fight and she hit Grace too hard, I knew reporting to the police would destroy your father’s reputation, so I cut the body into pieces and buried it in a place where no one would ever know, under my roses, and now she accuses me of being the one that murdered that girl’ Helen scoffed, she would destroy Rose with her hands.

‘Mum, how could you do something so gruesome? What’s the difference between you and Rose, you helped her cover her sin’? Mark was still confused on who to believe.

‘I had to protect her, she is my child, even you, I have protected you before, when I had the chance to turn you over to the juvenile court, I saved you, don’t you remember Mark? What happened when you were sixteen’? she rose to her feet.

‘I don’t want to talk about it mum’ Mark was evasive.
‘No, let’s face it, judge me, I’m the bad one here, but in my badness, I protected you, Joy, your cousin had come visiting and you raped her in this house and I covered for you. I should’ve reported you to the police, but I sheltered you, look into my eyes and tell me you believe Rose’ Helen pressed his head to her face.

‘I’m sorry mum, I judged you wrongly’ Mark cried.

‘That’s my boy, now, your sister has drawn the battle line and we must fight her, if she leaks that secret, I would go down for nothing, so I need you on my side, I need you to support me, we have to be clear with each other, no secrets’ Helen instructed him.

‘I raped Grace many times and Ajunwa last night, please forgive me, I don’t know what came over me’ Mark sobbed like a baby.

‘You raped them?’ Helen was scared and disappointed.

‘Yes, I’m so sorry’ he nodded.

‘Don’t worry, we’ll fix this’ Helen replied. Mark could be trusted, she had bought him over, now she had to draw him into her own darkness.

‘I killed Nelson and buried him in the garden, somehow he knew about Grace as I asked him to bury her decaying hand so I felt he was a threat to that secret, so I killed him last night’ Helen sighed as she let her son in.

‘Mum? How could you’? he was about to judge her when he recalled his own sins were equally if not more grievous.

‘Good. Now we understand each other, we have to fight for ourselves first’ Helen fetched her phon
e, someone knew her secret and she had to protect herself from going down.

‘What’s this’? Mark asked as she handed him the phone.

‘I KNOW WHAT YOU DID. IT MAKES ME SICK. I AM GOING TO TELL. A SECRET IS BURIED IN THE GARDEN’.

‘Mum’? he called quietly.

‘Yes’? Helen wondered why he seemed shocked, did he know anything about it?

‘I received this text last night, what’s happening’? Mark was terrified.

‘Really’? Helen chuckled, not even the situation she found herself could kill her sense of humor. Someone was blackmailing them, mind games was this person’s style.

‘Mum, this isn’t funny, what if they know all our secrets? We are all dirty except Rose and dad, we have to find a way out of this’ Mark sighed.

‘No, we can’t be the dirty ones, maybe your father is clean but I’m sure your sister isn’t, she killed Grace for a reason and that’s your job to find out. I need to speak with the maid you raped, I need to bring her closer to me, so she wouldn’t be used against us, most times, blackmailers could get information out of domestic staff, one of the reasons i took out Nelson’ Helen paced nervously, there was a lot of work to do.

She had not set her eyes on one of her admirers for a long time, Kachi Romeo was as hot he’d been three years back.

‘Hello Cherie’ he presented her with some flowers.

‘Hmm, they smile nice, thanks Romeo and do come in’ she smiled and offered him in.

‘It’s been so long Romeo, thanks for paying me a visit, sit here, let me fetch you something to drink’ Rose dived into the house and left her guest in her mother’s garden.

‘Roses everywhere, garden of Roses’ Romeo looked around the garden, it was really beautiful and smelt very nice but held a dark secret.

Oliver had done a good job by telling him about Grace, now all he had to do was find her and get her to give him evidence of the pastor’s affair with his biological daughter.

‘I am back’ she returned with a bottle of red wine and glasses.

‘Your mother’s garden is beautiful’ Romeo smiled.

‘Thank you’ Rose wondered how he knew the garden belonged to her mother.

‘So how’s everything? How is Grace? It’s been long I haven’t seen her or your brother Mark’ he poured himself some wine.
‘They’re fine’ Rose replied hurriedly, why did he ask about Grace? Her heart raced, no one could know she was dead.

‘Good. I was just in the neighborhood and I just wanted to visit, I’d see you some other time’ Romeo rose to his feet.

‘Thanks so much Romeo’ she replied.

‘Can I see Grace before I go? And Mark too’ he quickly chipped in.

‘Uhmmm, they’re not around, Grace isn’t here, she’s at the market’ Rose stuttered, why was he so keen on Grace?

Rose knew Romeo from church and he’d met their maid too, but it made her uncomfortable to recall what happened that fateful day.

‘Really? How nice, see you later then’ Romeo smiled and walked away, deep down he felt it, something wasn’t right. He’d observed the evasiveness that lay prominent in her eyes whenever he mentioned Grace, had Oliver lied to him?

‘Bye….’ Rose waved at him. Fear engulfed her, soon, more people would ask questions about Grace, questions she wouldn’t be able to answer and she knew how dangerous her mother had become, what if her mother turned her in to the police?

‘No, she has to go down for it, for everything’ she hissed loudly, she had her plans, Helen would go down, she needed to see her father.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Tgold1(m): 12:26pm On May 01, 2017
nice one angelsss keep it up
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 01, 2017
keep it coming
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by EvaJael(f): 2:37pm On May 01, 2017
Wonderful story u got...keep it up
Re: House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss by marvwhite: 5:28pm On May 01, 2017
na ganging up now o.....

MUM AND SON DAUGHTHER AND FATHER

MAID (the referee)

BLOGGER THE LINES MAN

#keep the good work ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Story: A New Dawn / Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.