Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,389 members, 7,830,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South (10622 Views)

2019: Tinubu, Governors May Be Seeking Amaechi's Removal As Buhari's Campaign DG / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. / Igbo's Cannot Leave The North Because Of Their Numerous Investments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 12:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
tysontim:

If a lie is repeated often it tends to become true. Obuaku seaport has been looked into by expert and they have certified that a sea port can be built there, the only problem is it will cost a lot of money.

See

"Onyeama said the energy city would be sited at Obuaku, Ukwa West Local Government Area, and would be a conglomeration of the company’s three other operations in the oil and gas sector.

He noted that the company had commenced discussions with the state government through the Commissioner for Petroleum Resources, Chief Don Ubani.

He said that the hope of completing government proposed seaport at Obuaku would facilitate greater growth in commerce in the oil and gas sector of the state.

“It would also position Abia as the nerve centre of industrial activities in the eastern states since ship would berth at the port."

Source : http://dailypost.ng/2014/01/28/techno-oil-plans-energy-city-abia/

Rather than this your epistle, just post a map of the obiaku port, or is that too difficult to do?

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 1:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
tysontim:
On Obuaku

On the Abia State Seaport

The governor has initiated efforts to link Aba to the sea through the development of the Obuaku City Port.

The governor said groundwork has been done on Obuako port, and work will soon begin. This will give a great boost to Aba
as the commercial hub of the South East and South South.
http://www.abiastatenews.com/2016/06/gov-ikpeazu-promises-to-link-abia-state.html?m=1

Which part of Abia have a sea beach?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by tysontim(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Still on
It is in the Obuaku, Ukwa West LGA, and the site lies by the Azumini River that flows into the Atlantic Ocean much much closer to the ocean than Imo and Niger. And what is more, and it is just five nautical miles from the Ocean going by the UN’s law it qualifies as a sea port.

What Obuaku City should look like

6 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopmangoat(m): 1:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
myplaydiary:
Why should i insult you? I only have to draw your attention to facts that you are ignorant of... If you say the south east is land locked now answer these questions it will help you discover the truth about SE being land locked or not.
Does Onitsha not have a river port sitting on the river banks of the river Niger?
Where does the river Niger empty into?
Have multinationals and other companies not used the niger river to get heavy equipments from the Atlantic to the Onitsha port?
If the Obuaku seaport does not empty into the Atlantic why was the sea port propose there by several previous administrations?
I hope you typed your post out of sincere ignorance and not out of hate that you have for igbo's in SS/SE.
You did well by not stooping to that afonja fool's level
His stock in trade is to attack igbos
Your response is enough to put him where he belongs

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by tysontim(m): 1:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopman:

Rather than this your epistle, just post a map of the obiaku port, or is that too difficult to do?

You have seen the statement, you've seen the source, you know that Tecno company is not a small company they have expert in their employ, you have seen that it is backed by State government who must have done due diligence before coming out with this plan.

And you are still requesting for map? Oya show me the for the Ibom deep-sea port? Or the one for Cross River?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by myplaydiary: 1:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Arch1:
Dude, the South East is landlocked. QED.

The Niger River's source is in the Guinea Highlands and it discharges into the Gulf of Guinea in the Niger Delta. Because the River Niger passes through Niger Republic and Mali, doesn't stop both countries from being landlocked; because the Niger River passes through South East Nigeria doesn't stop the region from being landlocked also.
Mr stop being smart by half, is the Niger delta now the Atlantic? If the River Niger gets to the Niger delta does it stop there? Mr simply put the river Niger empties into the Atlantic and is the source of many other rivers and water bodies in the Niger delta.
As for Niger Republic and Mali being land locked ask your self this questions does the River Niger empty within their national borders or they have to go through other country before they empty into the Atlantic, if you answer that question correctly you will know why they are land locked.
So as long as Igbo land is within Nigeria border territory South east is not land locked as the river flows through Nigeria borders before it empties into the Atlantic. However if your purpose for all this wails is to prove Biafra is land locked why don't you wait till they get the country and then you determine if they will indeed be land locked.
....While you are at it don't forget port harcourt is Igbo land too, so trying to prove Igbo land, SE or Biafra is land locked is dead on arrival. Hey and why din't you say anything about the Obuaku sea port abi that one too empties in the Niger delta. grin

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Nobody: 1:51pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopman:

A River port is NOT a sea port - Fact.
The river coming into Onitsha is not exclusively in control of Igbos, it can be dammed before getting there.

Show me the Obuaku SEA port on the map - it is still a river that only passes through non igbo speaking area before it empties into the sea.

SHOW ME ONE IGBO SPEAKING TOWN THAT OPENS TO A BEACH.

Try as hard as you want, Ibo land is simply landlocked.
oga obaku is a town not a river. The proposed seaport would be closer to the Atlantic than onne port.It would also interest you to note that the imo river and aba river confluences at that point so, its very possible it can berth heavy ships with a little dredging. The river flows around opobo to the right acting as a border between abia, akwaibom and rivers state. Their is already a company along the river that plans to berth ships (to supply iron ore/export their products) on that "River ".Besides, obaseki is proposing something similar in edo state and i didn't see ur likes screaming to the high heavens about it being not feasible.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by myplaydiary: 1:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopman:

A River port is NOT a sea port - Fact.
The river coming into Onitsha is not exclusively in control of Igbos, it can be dammed before getting there.

Show me the Obuaku SEA port on the map - it is still a river that only passes through non igbo speaking area before it empties into the sea.

SHOW ME ONE IGBO SPEAKING TOWN THAT OPENS TO A BEACH.

Try as hard as you want, Ibo land is simply landlocked.
Off course a river port is not a sea port many countries of the world including the United States utilize river ports, river ports are no less ports than sea port the serve the same purpose and can handle same vessels, so being a river port or not holds no water.

What do you mean they can be dammed before getting to the port of destination, well that is a security challenge, which you should leave in the hands of our more than able gallant naval officials, I hope you have been seeing how they have been dealing with militants, sea pirate and vandals, so leave them to do their jobs of securing the water ways.

Tysontim have already help me with pictures and links to satisfy your ignorance, I hope you read it with a open heart devoid of hate, jealousy, anger and bitterness so that you can properly grasp the content there in, again why are you concerned about where the vessels pass through and the ethnic composition of the water ways, is it not one Nigeria again? Or are you a sea pirate? Do you have plans to give these ports a bad image leave those concerned to do their jobs

Well I don't want to derail this thread but I hope you know, Ph, Bonny and Opobo are Igbo towns and settlements.

Stop hurting Igbo land is not land locked.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Arch1: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
You are the one that is trying to be clever by half. According to you, the South East is not landlocked because the Niger River empties into the Atlantic Ocean outside the South East but within the Nigerian border; can we also say Kogi State is not landlocked since it is in Nigeria and the River Niger passes through the State?

You also need to read my earlier comment properly. I didnt mention ''igboland''. My reference was on the South East. The South East is landlocked. QED. Try as much as you like, in the next hundred years, you will still be talking about building an utopia seaport in the South East
myplaydiary:
Mr stop being smart by half, is the Niger delta now the Atlantic? If the River Niger gets to the Niger delta does it stop there? Mr simply put the river Niger empties into the Atlantic and is the source of many other rivers and water bodies in the Niger delta.
As for Niger Republic and Mali being land locked ask your self this questions does the River Niger empty within their national borders or they have to go through other country before they empty into the Atlantic, if you answer that question correctly you will know why they are land locked.
So as long as Igbo land is within Nigeria border territory South east is not land locked as the river flows through Nigeria borders before it empties into the Atlantic. However if your purpose for all this wails is to prove Biafra is land locked why don't you wait till they get the country and then you determine if they will indeed be land locked.
....While you are at it don't forget port harcourt is Igbo land too, so trying to prove Igbo land, SE or Biafra is land locked is dead on arrival. Hey and why din't you say anything about the Obuaku sea port abi that one too empties in the Niger delta. grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2017
After all the long talk, all they've provided so far are renditions of the Sea-port.

It's obvious even to the blind that there is no SEA that borders Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2017
myplaydiary:
Off course a river port is not a sea port many countries of the world including the United States utilize river ports, river ports are no less ports than sea port the serve the same purpose and can handle same vessels, so being a river port or not holds no water.

What do you mean they can be dammed before getting to the port of destination, well that is a security challenge, which you should leave in the hands of our more than able gallant naval officials, I hope you have been seeing how they have been dealing with militants, sea pirate and vandals, so leave them to do their jobs of securing the water ways.

Tysontim have already help me with pictures and links to satisfy your curiosity, I hope you read it with a open heart devoid of hate, jealousy, anger and bitterness so that you can properly grasp the content there in, again why are you concerned about where the vessels pass through and the ethnic composition of the water ways, is it not one Nigeria again? Or are you a sea pirate? Do you have plans to give these ports a bad image leave those concerned to do their jobs

Well I don't want to derail this thread but I hope you know, Ph, Bonny and Opobo are Igbo towns and settlements.

Stop hurting[b] Igbo land is not land locked[/b].

Igbo land is completely surrounded on all four points by lands. Igbo land is landlocked
EQD

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 2:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
tysontim:
Still on
It is in the Obuaku, Ukwa West LGA, and the site lies by the Azumini River that flows into the Atlantic Ocean much much closer to the ocean than Imo and Niger. And what is more, and it is just five nautical miles from the Ocean going by the UN’s law it qualifies as a sea port.

What Obuaku City should look like

Oga, stop wasting my times with these renditions biko.
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 2:36pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopmangoat:

You did well by not stooping to that afonja fool's level
His stock in trade is to attack igbos
Your response is enough to put him where he belongs

Mynd44
OAM4J
please look at this moniker and see if this is not provocation and insulting against me - a clear violation of rule 2

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by AntiNigerian: 2:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
as an Igbo man from Rivers state, what this poster wrote here is pure nonsense! angry I trust eastern guys na, they know what to do!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by AntiNigerian: 2:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
PFRB:
Onitsha River port does not connect to the sea. After Onitsha, the river Niger divides into so many branches as it goes down the sea. The nun river, the brass river and Orashi river are all branches. These branches have had so many brides constructed along them and where there are no bridges, the rives are shallow so cannot allow big vessels to navigate them.
Obuaku has no connect to the sea. The nearest is Imo river which has been bridged along it. The Azumini blue river is a bit far but needs to be widened and dredged to accommodate ocean going vessels.
All these are huge projects that will take a long time to realise. The environmental impacts may supersed the economic advantages and so the govt of the day may not approve such projects.
obuaku enters directly to Opobo then the sea, so what are you talking about? angry
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by AntiNigerian: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2017
Arch1:
Dude, the South East is landlocked. QED.

The Niger River's source is in the Guinea Highlands and it discharges into the Gulf of Guinea in the Niger Delta. Because the River Niger passes through Niger Republic and Mali, doesn't stop both countries from being landlocked; because the Niger River passes through South East Nigeria doesn't stop the region from being landlocked also.
Is Igweocha landlocked? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by AntiNigerian: 2:52pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopman:

Igbo land is completely surrounded on all four points by lands. Igbo land is landlocked
EQD
i know that you are Afonja! angry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by AntiNigerian: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2017
non Igbos know nothing about us! forget about how eastern NIGERIA will survive, start worrying about that lazy tribe of yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by myplaydiary: 2:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
Arch1:
You are the one that is trying to be clever by half. According to you, the South East is not landlocked because the Niger River empties into the Atlantic Ocean outside the South East but within the Nigerian border; can we also say Kogi State is not landlocked since it is in Nigeria and the River Niger passes through the State?

You also need to read my earlier comment properly. I didnt mention ''igboland''. My reference was on the South East. The South East is landlocked. QED. Try as much as you like, in the next hundred years, you will still be talking about building an utopia seaport in the South East
Igbo land has shorelines in PH, Opobo, Bonny, Ubani, and SE Igbo land has Obuaku, that is less than 5 nautical miles to the sea which qualifies it as a seaport so try again. Igboland is overly bless with enormous access to the sea. We already have a river Port In Onitsha that empties into the Atlantic, only delay to the boom of this port is the politicking of the Nigerian Government to hold Igboland down to economic strangulation.

There is nothing like south east, it only exist in the context of the political entity called Nigeria, what you refer to as SE is Igboland in both SS/SE because no Igbo man will say i am SE or SS igbo. Political appointments of Igbo's outside SE are Igbo appointment where you see SS/SE the Igbo's see Igboland. SS/SE Igbo only applies on paper for government use or reference in the Nigerian geographical and political space.

You still failed to make any statement concerning the Obuaku sea port, That should clear your ignorance about Igbo's in the SE being landlocked.
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 2:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
AntiNigerian:
i know that you are Afonja! angry

Fake ass Jew!
Keep quiet there and stop shouting afonja up and down like someone hypnotized
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by AntiNigerian: 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopman:

Fake ass Jew!
Keep quiet there and stop shouting afonja up and down like someone hypnotized
hahahah! Afonja!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Fremancipation: 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
Igbo land access to the sea

1) Ogbaku (blue water) sea port. Closer to the sea than onne.

2) Onitsha River port

3) Igweocha (port Harcourt)

4)Ikwo river port in Ebonyi

5) Opobo sea port

6) Ubani (Bonny)

All theses are options for Ndigbo both in the SE/SS without including any non-Igbo SS land or people.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2017
AntiNigerian:
hahahah! Afonja!
Flatheead Jew grin
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by myplaydiary: 3:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
Igbo's please let's not derail this thread we know Igbo's have more than enough access to the sea, but those who do not wish Igbo's well have come to derail this thread so that we do not get the message of this thread and derail it. There have even turned it to a question of do Igbo's have access to the sea or not so that this thread is derailed and so that readers do get the message.

The point of this thread is and still remains that Igbo's should support their own and promote their own. We should support the Onitsha river port and the Obuaku Sea port not any other port outside Igboland, don't we like better thing in our domain must we always go to other people's domains to enjoy infrastructure that we can readily have at our backyard in our own lands.

Igbo's let us promote Igbo land both in SS/SE we should always make it clear when we refer to SS that we are referring to Igbo outside the SE so that we do make people feel important unnecessarily. Igbo land of SS/SE is blessed beyond measures and have the economic, human, natural and geographical endowment to be the power hub and most industrial region in the country.

So why do we prefer to go to other region and get insulted and ridiculed by the natives, please Igbo's let's be wise Zik made the same mistake we are making today and Igbo's are even yet to recover from the very mistake that Zik made for being more Patriotic than his colleagues. Today Igbo's want to be more patriotic in Nigeria. In Nigeria patriotism does not sale regionalism, ethnicism, individual interest is what sales Igbo's should learn to push their own first and promote their own in all sectors and endeavors, that is why I am proud of the Ikpeazu Aba made drive, it is giving Aba made product a new face.
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Fremancipation: 3:13pm On Mar 15, 2017
myplaydiary:
Well under the context that you provided it is correct to say that Kogi state is not land locked, so there you have it Kogi state is not land locked except for some reason Kogi Becomes an independent territory and the Nigerian government closes it water ways to be used by its Kogi counterpart. So now you see that's how it works. SE is not land locked.

There is nothing like south east, it only exist in the context of the political entity called Nigeria, So what you refer to as SE is Igboland in both SS/SE because no Igbo man will think hey the Igbo's outside the SE are not included. Political appointments of Igbo's outside SE are Igbo appointment where you see SS/SE Igbo's see Igboland. SS/SE Igbo only applies on paper for government use or reference.

You still failed to make any statement concerning the Obuaku sea port, That should clear your ignorance about Igbo's in the SE being landlocked.

The south east is a made up political entity in Nigeria as a post uncivil war punishment to the bulk of Ndigbo. That move has finally run its course and has expired. Now no true Igbo man or woman is letting Nigeria divide ndigbo again. The leader of Ohaneze is a proud ikwerre man that is pushing for igbo interest even better than those from the so called south-east that came before him.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by myplaydiary: 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

The south east is a made up political entity in Nigeria as a post uncivil war punishment to the bulk of Ndigbo. That move has finally run its course and has expired. Now no true Igbo man or woman is letting Nigeria divide ndigbo again. The leader of Ohaneze is a proud ikwerre man that is pushing for igbo interest even better than those from the so called south-east that came before him.
Exactly well said.
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by loopman: 3:29pm On Mar 15, 2017
loopmangoat:

Why can't cowards mind their own business
When you mentioned me and insulted me in the other thread did i call any mo d
I hate cowards
Get behind me

Can't even remember quoting this thing, unless you are talking of your other monikers.
I see your type as constituting nuisance only on NL
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Blue3k(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
Someone enlightened me. We Know Niger River exit to Atlantic Ocean. Does the section it does still count as Abia or another state? Next would we count Kogi and Benue as non landlocked areas? They could have inland ports to if they choose to.

We need to understand definition of Landlocked.

Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Fremancipation: 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2017
Blue3k:
Someone enlightened me. We Know Niger River exit to Atlantic Ocean. Does the section it does still count as Abia or another state? Next would we count Kogi and Benue as non landlocked areas? They could have inland ports to if they choose to.

We need to understand definition of Landlocked.

Land locked means what the name says. completely surrounded by land. No access to the sea. Any thing outside of that definition is political jamboree.

Ndi Igbo have access to the sea through the river channels and their kins (opobo and Ubani people) directly on the sea.
Re: Igbo's Cannot Be Seeking Economic Independence And Still Be Talking South South by Blue3k(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
Fremancipation:

Land locked means what the name says. completely surrounded by land. No access to the sea. Any thing outside of that definition is political jamboree.

Ok by your logic Benue and Kogi are definitely not landlocked correct? The states listed and surrounded by land but do have access via the river. I don't think Abia is land locked if the river counts towards Abia border.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019: We Won’t Use Government Money For Buhari's Campaign –lai Mohammed / Ambassadorial Nomination: SFD Writes Senate, Calls For Buratai’s Confirmation / FG, Lagos Sign MOU On Lekki Deep Sea Port

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.