Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,321 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage (1102 Views)

Side Chicks Act Like Spare Tires In Marriage, They Are Very Important – Man / Men In Marriage: How To Play The In-law Politics! / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by shyling(f): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2017
Is it normal for married couples to not share financial resources and responsibilities when both are working and quite well to do?
I overheard my friend saying his wife's ​salaries were not his business. Hence he pays rent... Children tuition fees... Feeding.... And he's now complaining due to shortfall in income that the wife refused to assist with the part payment of the children tuition fees.. which he's already paid more than half... Instead she choses to go on shopping sprees....
Cc
Beremx
Ishilove
Jennifer
Mynd44
Gazzuzz
Smellinganus
Re: Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by 2SWT(f): 7:25pm On Mar 14, 2017
That's how they run their home,

doesn't make it right though
Re: Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by SmellingAnus(m): 9:05pm On Mar 14, 2017
Like the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks"... Almost everything depends on the foundation they started on... No wonder Pastor Bimbo Odukoya once said courtship is not a time for intercourse but a time to talk... Many of these things could have been avoided if couples spend more time to talk about their future while they were dating ... I will use someone I know that lost his marriage as an example.... He started having issues with his wife the first day after their wedding which happens to be sunday... The issue was about where they will do their thanks giving... Apart from that, his wife insisted that she will still be a member of her church and she also wants her husband to be a member of her church while the husband was also insisting on her being a member of his church... When he told me the matter... I asked him, did you people agree about this before marriage? He said no..... I just told him to let her go to her church for the sake of peace of course he refused and today they are separated just because of a matter that would have probably been resolved during courtship...

1 Like

Re: Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by searchng4love: 7:39am On Mar 15, 2017
SmellingAnus:
Like the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks"... Almost everything depends on the foundation they started on... No wonder Pastor Bimbo Odukoya once said courtship is not a time for intercourse but a time to talk... Many of these things could have been avoided if couples spend more time to talk about their future while they were dating ... I will use someone I know that lost his marriage as an example.... He started having issues with his wife the first day after their wedding which happens to be sunday... The issue was about where they will do their thanks giving... Apart from that, his wife insisted that she will still be a member of her church and she also wants her husband to be a member of her church while the husband was also insisting on her being a member of his church... When he told me the matter... I asked him, did you people agree about this before marriage? He said no..... I just told him to let her go to her church for the sake of peace of course he refused and today they are separated just because of a matter that would have probably been resolved during courtship...

It's truly a time to talk not for intercourse I mean courtship period.

A lot needs to be settled and made operational before tying the knot...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by SmellingAnus(m): 7:52am On Mar 15, 2017
searchng4love:

It's truly a time to talk not for intercourse I mean courtship period.

A lot needs to be settled and made operational before tying the knot...
very true...
Re: Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by valarinz: 9:09pm On May 04, 2017
Sniff sniff sniff ......... grin

grin
Re: Spousal Financial Arrangements in marriage by kingreign(m): 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
Yinmu undecided

(1) (Reply)

Grew Up With A Big Secret Around Me. / A Nairalander Shares Lovely Pictures Of His Beautiful Wife To Celebrate Her / Advice To My Fellow Men About Their Pregnant Wives...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.