Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,356 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? (29997 Views)

Bike Rider Returns Lost Iphone 6S To The Owner (Photos) / This Phone Is Better Than The New Infinix Note 5 / Will You Buy This Phone With 8300mah, 4GB/64GB For 65k? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 9:17am On Mar 16, 2017
ajarossi:
I ll b extremely happy to return this phone to the owner.....for those talking about case of bigger phones,u 4got there's life after here. my priority in life is putting smiles in pple's face no matter how little.
with this beautiful response u got 44 likes bt someone who said he wont return it if hewas the one that found it got 76 likes, see your life outside mr 76likes. thumb up man 44likes youre my hero.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by JeffreyJames(m): 9:18am On Mar 16, 2017
She lock phone and Sim card?....Wetin she dey hide?

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by dominique(f): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2017
Idydarling:
that's how my sis forgot her phone inside keke, when we called the number,the keke man picked up and said that God has picked his call. we shouldn't bother again

Imagine calling God's name in a theft situation, that person is a crazy individual. That phone will be the priciest possession he will ever have
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by tosyne2much(m): 9:20am On Mar 16, 2017
smartmey61:
with this beautiful response u got 44 likes bt someone who said he wont return it if hewas the one that found it got 76 likes, see your life outside mr 76likes. thumb up man 44likes youre my hero.
I wish I knew those who gave that guy 76 likes, I can't employ such people into my organization cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by longerthroat(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2017
I HAVE ALWAYS ADVISED PEOPLE TO LOCK ONLY APPLICATIONS AND PICTURES ON THEIR PHONE. LEAVE THE SIM, CONTACT & PHONE OPEN TO AVOID CASES LIKE THESE AND OTHER WORST SCENARIO. GOOD EFFORT OP
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by joenor(m): 9:26am On Mar 16, 2017
mummyson26:

Even if its Nokia touch light who no go return am no go return am
Nice one bro, who be oley don be oley.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017
longerthroat:
I HAVE ALWAYS ADVISED PEOPLE TO LOCK ONLY APPLICATIONS AND PICTURES ON THEIR PHONE. LEAVE THE SIM, CONTACT & PHONE OPEN TO AVOID CASES LIKE THESE AND OTHER WORST SCENARIO. GOOD EFFORT OP
How can I lock my apps and pix pls?
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Tapout(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017
ameh99:

you shouldn't make comments like that, recently my younger brother found Iphone 6+ and I returned it to the owner my self....

people are efferent........

maybe you might not return........but some other persons will cool cool cool cool

how old is your younger brother?
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by joenor(m): 9:27am On Mar 16, 2017
Bro you try, but if you get some cash for hand, you for find her go there... But you don't just still kip the post alive someday someone might know the person.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by PatriotTemidayo: 9:28am On Mar 16, 2017
OP, if truly u picked it from the ground, go ahead and drop it at the police station close to you.

If not, police might be looking for you. And when she comes to collect it from you, dont be surprise if you follow there to kirikiri cuz you dont know the event that lead to the phone missing.

#myopinion
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Amicable24: 9:36am On Mar 16, 2017
nani667:
Hmmm...

if the Phone in question was an iPhone 6 or 7 or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge would this still be the Case ?

in any case, Good effort by the OP
Everybody is not a thief angry
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by prof800(m): 9:36am On Mar 16, 2017
tosyne2much:
Very good of you OP

Even if it's Nokia 3310 some will still not return it.

Im thinking you take the phone to an engineer for unlocking.. After that, this will grant you access to the phone contacts. You can call any random number for guidance on how to locate the lady in question
That is an option but she might lose vital documents stored in her phone in the process of unlocking.

Btw...
This should serve as a lesson to people who lock their phones indiscriminately.
Imagine!
How can someone lock simcard? What if she was in an accident and they need to call any of her relatives? Na wa for some people o.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Tedassie(m): 9:39am On Mar 16, 2017
Idydarling:
that's how my sis forgot her phone inside keke, when we called the number,the keke man picked up and said that God has picked his call. we shouldn't bother again

shocked
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by OnowuOra(m): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2017
Nice one OP
Try remove the Sim card put it on another phone hopefully the sim might not be locked......... Then you can allow calls to come in.

Good job bro. I have been in this kind of scenario
The said phone was with me for close to 2 month b4 it got to the owner
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by pat1612(m): 9:50am On Mar 16, 2017
OP if you say they are asking you PUk that means you have dialed wrong pin for sim in attempt to open it. So sim is of no use even if you put in other mobile.
Option 1. Check if phone has memory card if so try removing it and check whether lady has saved a copy of contact on it.(i have done it in order to save stress of transferring number i can just copy from memory card.)
Option 2. Go to mtn store explain them and tell them to atleast give you mobile number from serial number of sim. Two way you can use that you can make a search on fb using mobile number and if lucky you can get her contact.second if she decides to get a new sim with that number you can still call her. But mtn wont give you that details that easily no harm in trying.
Option 3. Flash it still you will not be able to get any contact because sim is lock so you can enjoy phone and be sure you tried.
option 4. to deposit phone with police station but rather than doing that better you use it.
Best choice for you is to find a engineer who can bypass lock pattern and that is possible once done access contact and call any number and you will get details of lady. Or else follow option 1 and 2 which are stressful.

Choice is your advice is mine with no liability of your action taken following my advice grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by megama: 9:52am On Mar 16, 2017
ajarossi:
On my way to site yesterday I picked this white vivo phone,latter around 12pm the owner of the phone(a lady) called and gave her address as omaba phase 2 onitsha.

I told her to come to munarch bus stop obosi in anambra state in the evening hours to collect it. After the conversation, calls were coming n the batry was down I decided to off the phone and on it latter.

On getting to the bus stop in the evening, I on the phone only to notice that both the sim and phone was luck with password to the extents that I cant make calls,receive calls nor even retrieve any number from it. tongue

I went to mtn office close to the bus top they couldn't offer any solution without the puk number...the only option is to flash the phone and I dont want to flash it.pls I need to return this phone to the lady how ll I do it? In case any of her relatives is on nairaland he or she should reach me on nelouche@gmail.com or report to the vicar amazing grace anglican church odume layout obosi,idemili north anambra state
one more option to you take the phone to all Anglican and Roman Catholic Church in omagba phase 2. This will surely help. See it through. More grease to your elbow
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by ZORO47(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2017
masterP042:
If u really wanna help, go to her address at the Omoba phase 2. And look for her
does op even know the name of the owner? Does he know what she looks like? Does he know her house address? So u expect him to go to omoba phase 2 and start knocking at the gate of every house waving a vivo phone at the face of the gateman? Clap for urself
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by evesdon4u: 10:00am On Mar 16, 2017
You are a very rare breed and may God reward you abundantly for being so concerned about returning her phone.

Why don't you try inserting her SIMS in your phone. Perhaps there could be a number in her contacts that you can retrieve and call to inquire about her.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Emmahunk(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2017
chloride6:
Remove the sim and put in another phone na!

Haba! Small matter!

When the person calls, arrange to return the phone.

You never hear of sim lock? Some matters are not as simple as they appear
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by wawale(m): 10:01am On Mar 16, 2017
This is good of you & may God bless you abundantly for this.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 16, 2017
Idydarling:
I won't say you're a fool, but believe you're an halfwit
not like am saying you are deranged but you are a pathological demented liar bereft of any logical conclusion inside your bromate overblown brain,you drab .
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by teemy(m): 10:08am On Mar 16, 2017
@ajarossi, in addition to what pat1612 said, one safe way of getting owner's contacts without destroying anything would be going through her sim card. from her pictures select the ones likely to be used on social media and do a 'google image search'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Orpe7(m): 10:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Good thing its not a samsung galaxy s7 edge am sure we won't be having this conversation grin
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Orpe7(m): 10:11am On Mar 16, 2017
Emmahunk:

You never hear of sim lock? Some matters are not as simple as they appear

Simlock and phone lock unto this vivo phone? The sim fit call heaven? grin
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Mioshe(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2017
As a phone engineer in dis kind situation ,there some simple solution to it.
first d sim is locked with password rite buh d phone it's self is not locked?.
d solution is u removed d sim & put ur own sim inside d phone. if d phone is original den d call log will still be intact (i mean d log will not be wipe) so from d call log u can easily call any number
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by ADAMSHO(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2017
May God help you both
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by talk2tosep(m): 10:20am On Mar 16, 2017
I do buy stolen phone with my money and return to the original owner...
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by streetzdreamz(m): 10:32am On Mar 16, 2017
ajarossi:
Once a sim card is lock with a pass word u can't access it on any phone, u can't even make or receive calls with it...for the address issue, omoba phase 2 is like telling some one u live in VI in lagos its not a direct location
the lady is making things difficult for you, how would she give you a location that is not precise?? and why didn't she give you her name, atleast with that you can check her up via facebook ,can calls come in? if yes you can just copy out the digits before the call drops, since you cant receive the calls,then call the number with another phone,I like your sincerity and honesty but sometimes good deeds ain't worth the troubles it'l fetch, if nothing works,flash the device and contact her......with her nonchalant attitudes towards the phone, I won't waste ma time looking for a pin in a desert.
Re: How Do I Reach The Owner Of This Phone? by Mioshe(m): 10:38am On Mar 16, 2017
Any other solution.,
go back dat Mtn office, dey should be able to identify d number & puk of dat sim by using serial number of dat sim.

Secondly check if d phone has Sd card, if yes den d issue is about to be solved. all u need to do is to boot to recovery mood since d phone is android (dis ao to boot to recovery mood, hold and press both power&volume down key) so from there u will see different options. (Note remove d sim b4 booting to recovery mood ooo)
first locate backup user data&press it and wait till d backing up is completed.(Note d backup will only cover call log, files, phone contact, apps)
Naw look for factory /data wipe den press it, wait until it's finished.
now reboot d phone d .d phone password is gone.

Thirdly, How to restore user data.
U will still need to reboot recovery mood again.
u look for restore user data&press it. wait until it's finished and reboot d phone.
congratulations u av successfully removed d phone without loosing any data.
just copy any number from call log to ur phone and call dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nokia Lumia Is Now Available In Nigeria / Original Sim, Mini Sim, Micro Sim & Nano Sim: The Difference / NIN Enrolment: We Have Commenced Registration – Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.