Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate (19183 Views)

Protest Against Hamid Ali In Onitsha (Photos) / Senate Replies Custom CG, Ali: You Must Appear Before Us In uniform / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2017
izzou:

Lol

Mr common sense
Abegi! what's commonsense about him. I watched yesterday's planery session he was just there as mute as a tortoise and at the end of every month this bench warmer will go home with millions of naira in a ghana must go bag for doing absolutely nothing.
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by emmanuel4758(m): 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
Jiang:

That is illegal as he is a retired military officer, unless in an emergency or called to serve in a war. HE MUST NOT WEAR A UNIFORM.

There is nothing like "BE PROUD OF THE AGENCY UR HEADING" its still ILLEGAL
back it up with any code in constitution abi military is now the grundnorm?

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Nobody: 5:02pm On Mar 15, 2017
PrinceMario:
You're such a dunce.

He's a retired military officer. And if I can remember, I think the head the NAF is already a retired general, and he wears the uniform. He's proud of the agency heads.
Be well informed before displaying total ignorance of a public forum.
NAF as in airforce ? Bro cause if what you meant was airforce

Shey airforce no be military ni abi which school you go sef ?

Read my post well i said paramilitary and airforce na military arm sef so dont show on here you are ignorant
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
emmanuel4758:
back it up with any code in constitution abi military is now the grundnorm?

YES IT IS

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by PrinceMario(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:

Read my post well i said paramilitary and airforce na military arm sef so dont show on here you are ignorant
Guy, listen to correction.
No constitution anywhere is restraining a retired officer from wearing whatever uniform.
If there is, it's definitely not the Nigerian constitution.
The man is just unnecessarily stubborn, giving several excuses.

If you still don't agree, you can do well to post the section of the constitution here for all to learn.

1 Like

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by hakimi1974(m): 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2017
chei, nairaland don get as e be. so, no ogbonge s.a.n wey go shook mouth for this senate and hamid alli dick measuring stand off.
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 15, 2017
PrinceMario:
Guy, listen to correction.
No constitution anywhere is restraining a retired officer from wearing whatever uniform.
If there is, it's definitely not the Nigerian constitution.
The man is just unnecessarily stubborn, giving several excuses.

If you still don't agree, you can do well to post the section of the constitution here for all to learn.
lol brother you dey military abi you be retired soldier they know what they signed and the also know the rules guiding them so even in the united states a retired soldier or veteran as they are called they are not allowed to wear their uniform anyhow sef so what are you saying https://www.thebalance.com/military-uniforms-by-retirees-veterans-3356978
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by jbcul4ril(m): 5:23pm On Mar 15, 2017
Gurumaharaji:

And wat is d good policy in place?? d harassment of opposition or d economy meltdown....pls,put party aside and call a spade a spade..had it mean Ameachi, Kwankwaso and d likes are still in PDP, they could have been guest at EFCC custody...let him put party aside and fight corruption because it seem dat is wat he is good at
You just skipped major issues by expressing frustration? how does custom issues got to do with EFCC?
My brother, don't allow Nigerian issues affect your emotions because it is obviously affecting you right now because you choose too. Just survive
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by PrinceMario(m): 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:
lol brother you dey military abi you be retired soldier they know what they signed and the also know the rules guiding them so even in the united states a retired soldier or veteran as they are called they are not allowed to wear their uniform anyhow sef so what are you saying https://www.thebalance.com/military-uniforms-by-retirees-veterans-3356978
I visited that link, what's there is irrelevant— what uniform a retired US army wears on veteran's day.

OK, what we are saying is, there is no constitution in Nigeria restraining Ali from putting on the customs' uniform.
His problem is just ego.
If there's a law restraining him, trust Nigerians, a lot of self acclaimed lawyers(activists) would have come out to lambast the Senate.
He himself would've cited that section of the constitution instead of the bereaved excuses he's giving.

The best thing is for him to resign instead of this unnecessary face-off, as it is obvious the man has determined never to.

I wonder why Buhari, the same man that promised change would have appointed an outsider to head custom in the first place.
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by 1stdammy: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:
Appearing is not the problem but appearing in NCS uniform that's the problem as military law states he is not allowed to wear any other force/paramilitary uniform that would be him breaking the law so are they asking him to break the law am not an IPOB but Nigerian is truly Lawless

in Kanu's voice : NIGERIA IS A ZOO

U mean the militatry Uniform?? Think it is every one's knowledge that the man in question is a retired military officer who is not tired as far as Bubu is concerned. Now, if truly the military law forbids him wearing another Uniform of any other force/paramilitary even when he's retired from the service; then these questions are begging for answers.
1) Does the same military law forbids their retired officers from taking up another uniform Job, irrespective of how they secure the job?? Col. Ali's case being political.
2) Could he (bubu) being a retired military officer himself; a general, have been in the know of the same military law and still went ahead appointing him (Col. Ali rtd) the CG of NCS, the highest ranking post of the service for that matter to head in mufti??
In view of the two questions above, the last question begging is this:
3) Who is acting above/below or playing ignorant of or breaking or up holding the Law?? Bubu himself, Col. Ali or the Sinate And which 'LAW' in particular? Thank you.
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Skybee1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 15, 2017
Yeaa dts d Senate i want to c,not d one control by Executive, d earlier dy exercise dia power d beta for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 15, 2017
1stdammy:

U mean the militatry Uniform?? Think it is every one's knowledge that the man in question is a retired military officer who is not tired as far as Bubu is concerned. Now, if truly the military law forbids him wearing another Uniform of any other force/paramilitary even when he's retired from the service; then these questions are begging for answers.
1) Does the same military law forbids their retired officers from taking up another uniform Job, irrespective of how they secure the job?? Col. Ali's case being political.
2) Could he (bubu) being a retired military officer himself; a general, have been in the know of the same military law and still went ahead appointing him (Col. Ali rtd) the CG of NCS, the highest ranking post of the service for that matter to head in mufti??
In view of the two questions above, the last question begging is this:
3) Who is acting above/below or playing ignorant of or breaking or up holding the Law?? Bubu himself, Col. Ali or the Sinate And which 'LAW' in particular? Thank you.
i can see you are really ignorant did you read what was in the link well if you am really sorry you didnt understand it and his job is not a uniform job bro its an appointment so what are you saying did he apply for it ni
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Cloudrise: 6:32pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:
Appearing is not the problem but appearing in NCS uniform that's the problem as military law states he is not allowed to wear any other force/paramilitary uniform that would be him breaking the law so are they asking him to break the law am not an IPOB but Nigerian is truly Lawless

I thought he retired from the military many years ago
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by 1stdammy: 6:56pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:
i can see you are really ignorant did you read what was in the link well if you am really sorry you didnt understand it and his job is not a uniform job bro its an appointment so what are you saying did he apply for it ni
Lol, I can't imagine who's really Ignorant here. I've read through your mentions, and I can conclude that your stubborness to correction pass that of Col. Ali himself. He's still a learner compared to your's. Anyways, I wouldn't engage you in war of words 'cos I'm too busy for that continue showcasing the level of your ignorance, it's a free world.......

1 Like

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by uvalued(m): 7:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
HungerBAD:
Ok

pmb is back u welcome
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by bayocute(m): 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
[right][/right]Birds of same feather flocks together. Who am i to blame anyone?[b][/b]
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by travismacoy: 9:07pm On Mar 15, 2017
hahahaha d series is making sense
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by gagewonda(m): 9:55pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:

please quote d section of d military law dat states dat..
Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by gagewonda(m): 10:05pm On Mar 15, 2017
babasalami:

guy chill ders no law as such. Most private security guys u see in banks are retired soldiers wat law r dey breaking for wearing a uniform of a private security outfit?....pls don't quote a law u dont knw abeg

1 Like

Re: 'Hamid Ali Must Appear Before Senate Tomorrow, He Is Not Above The Law': Senate by Nobody: 6:08am On Mar 16, 2017
gagewonda:
guy chill ders no law as such. Most private security guys u see in banks are retired soldiers wat law r dey breaking for wearing a uniform of a private security outfit?....pls don't quote a law u dont knw abeg
lol i stated military officers not soldiers and security out fit is not a force/paramilitary uniform

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP leadership Under Pressure To Change The Party's Name / Do Not Compare Sunday Igboho To Prophet Muhammad – Muslim Women Warn Afenifere / Amnesty International Condemns IPOB Sit-At-Home, Assassinations In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.