Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,484 members, 7,854,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 10:45 AM

Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God (79468 Views)

Is There Any Special Power In Calling Jesus' Name Three Times During Prayer ? / Is Jesus God? / Prominent Muslim Lecturer Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus Christ 'god (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Edifyer: 6:59am On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=xerxes456 post=54632638]wetin concern court and religious beliefs, provided the law is not contravened. By the way let him choke on this...

I sure he cannot take anyone to court for saying that Jesus is God. but the fact remain.

See contradictions and misinterpretations this is what he is talking about. go and read his post and the verses he quoted

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by abdulkabirtobi(m): 6:59am On Mar 16, 2017
luvinhubby:

So which book backs Ogun worshippers that iron is their god?

Swallowing Alabukun for another man's headache.
U can't compare the two bcoz Ogun worshippers doesn't have a book that guide them, y is your book full of contradiction in its own self?
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Pearly255(f): 7:01am On Mar 16, 2017
What's his business can't you answer your father's name anymore.... Jesus the son of God. What does that signify Simply means Jesus God undecided. Which is Jesus is God. #Modified.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by nwaiwucharles(m): 7:02am On Mar 16, 2017
Oga muslim i fit call allah mugu or idiot na my believe, so oga illiterate muslim there is freedom of religion and believe
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:03am On Mar 16, 2017
ilynem:

And yes. Jesus is God in Biblical sense. And even your Koran calls Him The Word of God! John 1 says the Word was God. So yes! He is.
Oga Pastor what can you say about these verses in your holy book?
Bible says that God is not man
‘God is not a man’ (Numbers 23:19)
‘For I am God, and not man’ (Hosea 11:9)

Jesus is called a man many times in the Bible
‘a man who has told you the truth’ (John 8:40)

‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)

Any justification for all these contradictions?
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by abdulkabirO(m): 7:04am On Mar 16, 2017
[quote author=lonelydora post=54627626]To all Christians reading this thread.

I don't condone any form of evil but it's high time we stopped condemning our fellow Christians and making caricature of them no matter what. It gives the Muslim brothers room to insult us.

Do you think if any Muslim cleric is caught red handed with a girl/woman in a hotel that the news will see the light of the day?

Do you think the Muslim Nairalanders are foo.lish when they put a creed on any Muslim thread which they refused to put on Christian thread? It is because they do not want non-Muslims to insult their faith but find joy in insulting other people's faith (some of them shaa).

Someone once said here on Nairaland that since we Christians joke with everything about us, they have no option than to join us in joking with it too, but since they don't joke with theirs, we should also not joke with theirs.

Let him that have ear hear the word.

Edited: For those quoting me... I am not saying we should cover up the sins of our pastors, but non-Christians shouldn't help to make jest of it. I lived a better part of me in the Northern part of Nigeria. I know how sinful some of these Muslims are, both their men and women, but you won't hear them broadcast it everywhere. You guys should remove the log in your eyes before removing the spec in another's eye. [/quote
]
Pretending as usual.
Yeye
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by abdulkabirtobi(m): 7:06am On Mar 16, 2017
Aringon:
Somebody should send these Bible verses to the old man

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1-3 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 20:28 - (God purchased us with His own blood)
Revelation 1:5-6; Revelation 5:8-9 - (Jesus' blood purchased us)

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Hebrews 2:17-18 - “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”

‘Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know.’ (Acts 2:22)

‘He will judge the world in righteousness through a man whom He has appointed’ (Acts 17:31)

Any justification for all these contradictions? I'm more than sure you can not win this argument, your holy book is never perfect and will never be so y are u ranting upandan?
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Austin4lif: 7:08am On Mar 16, 2017
SirWere:
Two Abrahamic religion fighting each other over the correctness of their dogma........

This world is truly strange.
i know u are yoruba,true or false
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Daddybright1986(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2017
Wat is wrong with Muslims biko.....y not concentrate on how to brainwashed your followers an live Christian alone??y you guys like wahala you practice violence, killed,rape like your Oga at d top

"prophet" Muhammad at age 50 married Aisha at the age of 6 and RAPED HER AT THE AGE OF 9! “The Prophet was engaged to me when I was a girl 6 years old…I was playing in a swing with some of my girlfriends…une xpectedly, Allah’s apostle came to me in the afternoon and my mother handed me over to him. At that time I was a girl of 9 years” (Bukhari 4:234). “The Prophet used to kiss her and suck her tongue when he was fasting” (Sunan Abu Dawud 13:2380). Can you imagine a 52 year old man kissing and sucking a 9 year old child? Anyone who is not repulsed by this act is mentally sick.

Quote me an Amadioha will strike you

1 Like

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by darechris: 7:10am On Mar 16, 2017
what a shame for that sheik or whatever they called him.i think its hightime we stop all this criticism about other person religion. is that idiot sheik God to judge? christian is most peaceful religion on earth. yo want to doubt me? bokoharam,isis are they calling the name of jesus before they killed an innocent soul? we all know whose name they do called
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by mekuxiani(m): 7:11am On Mar 16, 2017
Young03:
This man is making sense oo

Is jesus God?

Or The son of God
Jesus christ is God because he and His father are one
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by DonaTee(f): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2017
THE TRINITY......3 IN 1 GOD

GOD IS GOD
JESUS IS THE HEART OF GOD
THE HOLY SPIRIT IS THE FORCE OF GOD

JESUS IS GOD. HE CAME IN FLESH IN OTHER TO BE AN INTERCESSOR. HE CAME TO BEAR WITNESS. HE CAME TO TAKE OUR PLACE THAT WE MIGHT BE SAVED

AND HE SAID HE IS THE WAY, THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO 1 COMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME.

JESUS IS EMMANUEL....GOD WITH US. He was named even b4 his birth.
Prophet moses saw a bit of God n could not stand the force and d awesomeness!
God cannot dwell in his God Image amongst men therefore he came in the person of Jesus.

Its absurd this so called scholar cannot face his own religion. If he's seeking the truth he should accept Christianity wholly.

I find it funny he's taking it to fed. High Court.
Some others will shout blasphemy against deir prophet n start killing innocent nigerians.....but because its God he's going to court
IS D PROPHET NOW GREATER THAN GOD? WHY FIGHT FOR A DEAD MAN INSTEAD OF LEAVING IT FOR HIS GOD TO DO D FIGHTING?

msew they knw d truth but cannot accept it
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by kolaish(m): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2017
Young03:
This man is making sense oo

Is jesus God?

Or The son of God
In as much as I believe and know that Jesus is the son of God, but TB Joshua is not out of place as the bible foretold this in:
Isaiah 9:6-7:

6: For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

7: Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.

So the islamic clerics should mind his business and channel his energy towards other negatives drawing people away from islam

1 Like

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by izzou(m): 7:13am On Mar 16, 2017
Queenbalikees:
and u re also a disgrace 2 ur generation

I agree but it doesn't change the fact that the sheikh and his followers are a disgrace to Islam and the Almighty God

I have no problem with Islam even though I am a Christian. My problem is the fact that the followers always want to fight on God's behalf

Let God strike tb Joshua dead for blasphemy. Not a courtbattle
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Ajengb: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
Na buhari send am
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Imoala: 7:14am On Mar 16, 2017
Even the bible calls we human little gods, let alone my lord Jesus Christ

If pegan can take stones, wood and other inanimate objects as their gods are we super human not supposed to be higher in nomenclature?

In conclusion Jesus Christ is God!
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by darechris: 7:16am On Mar 16, 2017
please say something to this. libya, afganistan, pakistan,iran,iraq,egypt,turkey, nigeria north west area, bornu, adamawa, yobe. A CHRISTIANS OR MUSLIM NATION?.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Georgry(m): 7:16am On Mar 16, 2017
jamislaw:
Is Jesus God Simple question. Where and when Jesus said that am your God worship me?

jesus is God....take it or leave it sir....
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by ezesun(m): 7:17am On Mar 16, 2017
abdulkabirtobi:

Any justification for all these contradictions?
Isiah: 9 vs 6; For unto us a child is born, unto us a child is given : and the GOVERNMENT shall be upon his shoulder : and His name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, THE MIGHTY GOD, THE EVERLASTING FATHER, THE PRINCE OF PEACE.

I think that has answered your question sir/ma
vs 7 says; Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end...
That's why He is alive forever and He has promised to take us to his Father, to his kingdom and to himself.

Hope your god promise you that as well. If he didn't, please accept him as your LORD and Saviour.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Bashirum94(m): 7:19am On Mar 16, 2017
izzou:
Illiteracy is worrying the sheikh

So people who call stones, knifes,iron, Thunder, water, as their God should be taken to court too?
What about those who don't believe there is God? Who will charge them to court?
He should look for his mates to debate with. Am very sure tb Joshua won't even have his time

This man is a disgrace to Islam

why are you bringing reference entirely different to the topic it self?
the question is Jesus God himself?
always support your argument with authentic authorities whether in the Bible or the Quran
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by TinaAnita(f): 7:19am On Mar 16, 2017
E pain am die.. The problem with the attention seeker is not about Jesus being referred to as God but because Jesus outshines whoever they serve.. No judge will even stoop so low to entertain his pain, anger and frustration.

1 Like

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by dealslip(f): 7:20am On Mar 16, 2017
lonelydora:
To all Christians reading this thread.

I don't condone any form of evil but it's high time we stopped condemning our fellow Christians and making caricature of them no matter what. It gives the Muslim brothers room to insult us.

Do you think if any Muslim cleric is caught red handed with a girl/woman in a hotel that the news will see the light of the day?

Do you think the Muslim Nairalanders are foo.lish when they put a creed on any Muslim thread which they refused to put on Christian thread? It is because they do not want non-Muslims to insult their faith but find joy in insulting other people's faith (some of them shaa).

Someone once said here on Nairaland that since we Christians joke with everything about us, they have no option than to join us in joking with it too, but since they don't joke with theirs, we should also not joke with theirs.

Let him that have ear hear the word.

Edited: For those quoting me... I am not saying we should cover up the sins of our pastors, but non-Christians shouldn't help to make jest of it. I lived a better part of me in the Northern part of Nigeria. I know how sinful some of these Muslims are, both their men and women, but you won't hear them broadcast it everywhere. You guys should remove the log in your eyes before removing the spec in another's eye.

God bless you ma. Some of this things we condemn our clerics for are even overlooked in Islam. Once you have sex out of marriage, you can wash it away with 'janaba' so, it is not even considered a sin, but we just tear our clerics to pieces in the name of trying to condemn or correct them. We discredit them as if they are supposed to be angels, even where there are no evidences against them, we condemn them altogether without believing their part of the story. Meanwhile some of people condemning them commit worst offences and crimes. If we guarded Christianity like Moslems did, there would be order in the world

2 Likes

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Sanchez01: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2017
idris4r83:
there is absolutely nowhere in the Koran that stated such n if there is pls quote it

Quran 52:24

Round about the believers will serve, to them, young boys, who will be as pearls well-guarded.

alternatively translated as:

And there will go round boy-servants of theirs, to serve them, as if they were preserved pearls.

Quran 56:17:

They will be served by immortal eternal young boys ... as fair as virgin pearls

alternatively translated as:

Round about them will serve boys of perpetual freshness.

I culled the above from Wikipedia. Going by the passages, I'm even tempted to say Sodomy is encouraged in Islam. I don't mean to rubbish your belief, just stating my observation.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by bejo89: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2017
Jesus is God and the Bible teaches it so. Study your very well you will see it too. Read John 14:5-11, John 10:30, Hebrews 1:1-3

1 Like

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Jerryojozy(m): 7:22am On Mar 16, 2017
Hahahahaha....hunger de o. This man needs money from Bubu and hellrufai.

Genius J
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by swaz(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2017
I have been saying it time without number but no one wants to listen NAIRALAND is more of anti-christians...
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by izzou(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2017
Bashirum94:

why are you bringing reference entirely different to the topic it self?
the question is Jesus God himself?
always support your argument with authentic authorities whether in the Bible or the Quran

Yes.and if you aren't comfortable with it,go and sleep. Or rather allow God to descend on tb Joshua if the statement is blasphemous

Stop defending and debating for God.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by Sanchez01: 7:24am On Mar 16, 2017
idris4r83:
nothing of such bro, Koran never preaches violence but peace.
Which Koran, please? The first or revised edition? undecided
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by jamislaw(m): 7:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Georgry:

jesus is God....take it or leave it sir....
for your mind abi? If he's a God why did said "elloy elloy lawasabas tani" ( Oh lord oh lord why are you forsaken me) while he was on a cross, which lord is he calling? If you claim he's God. Alot of contradiction in that book called biblos or Bible.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by forgiveness: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Aringon:
Somebody should send these Bible verses to the old man

Matthew 1:23 - “Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,” which is translated, “God with us.”

Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 1:1-3 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made... 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

John 20:28 - And Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Acts 20:28 - (God purchased us with His own blood)
Revelation 1:5-6; Revelation 5:8-9 - (Jesus' blood purchased us)

Titus 2:13 - looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ

Hebrews 2:17-18 - “Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”

It is finished.
Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by genuineone: 7:25am On Mar 16, 2017
Christians on this thread, you don't need to argue with anyone because they do not know who Jesus Christ is. If you argue till the next 100yrs they might not still believe. only God can open their eyes to see the truth. I pray they will see the light and the darkness in them will disappear in Jesus Name.(amen).

1 Like

Re: Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God by excel101(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2017
Has this Sheik Hussaine Mabera, ever read from the scripture that even Christians are called gods and sons of the most High(Psalm82:6). Also since the Sheik reads the Bible as he claimed to, did he also believe that Mary the Mother of Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holyghost and not man? Has he also heard of the 3 persons in one God (God the father, God the son, and God the Holyspirit). Mr Sheik face your violent religion and keep killing your fellow humans like animals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Anambra Catholic Church Massacre: Facebook Users Reveal What "Bishop" Did / How Do You Know When You Found The Right Man/Woman, That God has Chosen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.