Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:14 AM

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (55785 Views)

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by MONITZ: 1:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So even d IG of police should stop wearing uniform abi?

What re u saying? An Inspector General of police is a career police officer while Mr. Ali is an ex military and not a career customs officer.. If he were a custom officer he wouldn't portray this guts...

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Temptee101(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
This is the height of it. An individual trying to bring down an institution. What kind of people do we have as leaders? This stwepid old fOOl should have been booted out if it were to be in saner climes

2 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by ahamonyeka(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
If ali is too big and ashamed of wearing the uniform then he should honorably resign after all there are 1001 people eyeing the seat.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
`
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by tens4real(m): 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
This Ali matter is way beyond him not wearing uniform, him not wearing uniform is just one of the ways they are using to get at him inasmuch as I am not in support of his attitude believe you me there is more to this than him not wearing uniform...and I can bet you that stubborn man will never wear the uniform
And am pretty sure if Ali is playing according to their tune, they won't even bring the uniform issue up
So who is deceiving who?..

SHAME ON ALI
And
SHAME TO THE SENATE TOO

GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Zdoh(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
He has never seen anything untill he learn to respect others.....position make him gaga!!

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
amiablesystems:

but if this guy was not a Northerner, by now Buhari would have turned to Sango.. What a shameless fascist leader.
the fact is that a southerner or a westerner are civil, they wont be so stvpid as to waste time and money over nonsense like this and they respecrt instittuitions
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
This is the problem we have in this country. Are there no competent hands in customs who have risen through the ranks deserving of controller general. Why bring a retired soldier to it. People who sit at home and are invited to take up a job do poorly than those who have been in the business.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by MichaelSokoto(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
oringobiafra:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. biaaaafraaaaaaa ipob 4life

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by slimfit1(m): 1:38pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ali EFCC is vacant oh
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by advocatebaba(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
Y shud a non-career officer b made d CG in d 1st place daz an outright misplacement of priority and sheer imbalance in d procedure of appointment deducing 4rm dis drama being played by both factions... d position of d CG is a rank nd infact d highest which d CG must b on his/her uniform on special occasion, take 4example a civilian president putting full military attire on special occasions... so i c no right in him nt being fully dressed 7/7.

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by AZeD1(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
amiablesystems:

but if this guy was not a Northerner, by now Buhari would have turned to Sango.. What a shameless fascist leader.

Has nothing to do with being a Northerner. The President hasn't fired the CBN governor and he is not a northerner.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by slimfit1(m): 1:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
quentin06:
This is the problem we have in this country. Are there no competent hands in customs who have risen through the ranks deserving of controller general. Why bring a retired soldier to it. People who sit at home and are invited to take up a job do poorly than those who have been in the business.

You are truly wrong only in Africa they end up been a complete waste.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Misty0071: 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
l wonder why we over labour ourselves over fights amongst touts called senators and the so-called Custom politician or boss.

Of what economic importance is this action?
Illegality vs illegality, who is qualified to question another?
Rogues and bundle of unscrupulous elements.
How has this walking out of the so-called Custom boss affected prices of food stuffs and other necessities?
It's heartbreaking that a micro unit that consumes 25℅ of Nigeria budget is fighting for supremacy at the expense of the populace.
Senate built on lies, deceit and all immortal attitude has no moral justification to question another immorality.

Too bad of this country

2 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by magoo10(m): 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
You can't obey the Nigerian Senate but you can sit in the comfort of your office and issue instructions to law abiding citizens to pay custom fees on already cleared vehicles without minding the hardship Nigerians will go through.

Hamid Ali must be a joke
that is what we get when mafians and military dictators are at the helm of affairs.

Thank you @Nigeriasenate

3 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by hardbody: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
Eluwilussit:

You are very wrong. Uniform is a very important part of the job. Unfortunately, Bubu put the wrong man in that position. Ali is setting a wrong example. This is simply indiscipline.

Are serious on the bolded?

Ok. I am not joining issues with you. Guess what? You are probably right. Can this slide now

SMH...dumbos everywhere...
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
ehie:
the fact is that a southerner or a westerner are civil, they wont be so stvpid as to waste time and money over nonsense like this and they respecrt instittuitions

its a two-sided event on one hand, we wear he can't wear uniform cause he once served in another military unit and a law forbids him from wearing the uniform of another body. While i agree with this stance, a simple broch or Custom's piece can be given to him so he doesn't appear as a conflict of interest to the institution he serves. Now he has just set himself up, his subordinates won't feel accepted and would feel shameless by his act. This will could discontentment and very soon more problems, i didnt expect a mallam to see this far sha, he prefers the danshiki cos he rather be associated with mallams, cattle rearers than with custom officers or Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Austinmiles: 1:43pm On Mar 16, 2017
yhemsy62:
Useless he goat, you are not above the law
Why taking it too personal
Perhaps you're a smuggler.

Why hating,

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by hardbody: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
advocatebaba:
Y shud a non-career officer b made d CG in d 1st place daz an outright misplacement of priority and sheer imbalance in d procedure of appointment deducing 4rm dis drama being played by both factions... d position of d CG is a rank nd infact d highest which d CG must b on his/her uniform on special occasion, take 4example a civilian president putting full military attire on special occasions... so i c no right in him nt being fully dressed 7/7.

@7/7......Dodorima to you

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by sannigbenga: 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
Let him go and resigned cos he new nothing about the job,it just the political appointment.

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by doublefreez(m): 1:44pm On Mar 16, 2017
Army has toughened CG costom's mind.
My guess is he is not proud of the Customs uniform or looks at it as derogatory considering his previous Army uniform with all this ranks.
This man is smart though he capitalized on the Senate's mistake of not including appearing in uniform in the letter. Smart one.
I hear people saying what does it matter, how he dresses. Everything about traditions matters. let his simply uphold that of CG custom wearing uniform for official engagements.
I like what the senate did.

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by id911(m): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
AZeD1:

Has nothing to do with being a Northerner. The President hasn't fired the CBN governor and he is not a northerner.

what has CBN Governor got to do with this useless man called Ali? Beside the president has no power to sack CBN Governor, go check your laws bro
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
AZeD1:

sry buddie. i choose to see it that way. If it's an ibo man, i know all hell would have been let loose. Shikena
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Adebowale89(m): 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
Nigeria senators has been rubbished so badly coz if not this bombastic CG won't be daring them

now he will make fool of himself by wearing the supposed uniform next week Wednesday

how do u want this country to move forward when the appointee and their boss are capitalist in nature

I feel the difference when buhari was away and when he came back. make 2019 just come fast, democracy hasn't been this boring before as far as Nigeria democratic system is concern

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by legacyint: 1:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
I believe his uniform is still be sown by the tailor and it's yet to be completed. Dis hamid ali never see anything d guy jus dey form captain America cheesy
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2017
The man is a stupid, stubborn hausa goat....Imagine the idiots supporting this man, saying his office is just a ceremonial one and he was only appointed by the president...
Who appointed both the president and this white-bearded goat....

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by haske7(f): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
#alimustgo!!!!! Like if i want the retard to me sacked!!!

2 Likes

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by WOruGunu(m): 1:48pm On Mar 16, 2017
Sometimes dere is no enemy out dere, but we make dem ourselves. For crying out loud y won't Mr.Ali wear d kaki even oshomole enjoys wearing dem wit great passion.

Mr. Ali be informed,U are making enemies for ur self and even Mr. Bubu won't b able to save u like magu.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by olayemm(f): 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
Nawao this is quite interesting, meanwhile I like the way the Senate stands their ground n this matter. #Go back n wear your uniform cool
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by maloma4real2007(m): 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
Ali should be made to feel frustrated the same way he has subjected nigerians to untold hardship by banning importation of essential commodities eg rice
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by bjcole(m): 1:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
id911:
Very useless and idiotic man! The illegal customs controller general shld be removed by the senate immediately cos he's never a career custom officer to be called a CG.

They are destroying Nigeria's institutions gradually by appointing a retired army officer to head customs. In the future we will also support a president to appoint civil defence officer to head police or army. What a lawless and useless country

Don't be myopic pls. The corruption in custom is cumbersome and thereby warrants to bring in somebody from outside, the laws allow that, the same thing should be done in the police. On the issue of uniform, I think he should have sorted that out with the president from the onset, for me doing the work is more important than wearing uniform. Lets get serious and face the importance matter of this custom duty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Plan Posting Of Kolo Yusuf To Kano - Daily Nigerian / Theresa May Meets Emmy Kasbit, Nigerian Designer Of Ankara Jacket / UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.