Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,551 members, 7,861,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:36 PM

Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform (55786 Views)

"I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Senators Walk Out On Hamid Ali, Customs Boss During A Meeting (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Apina(m): 3:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
ehie:
i dont understand this impunity, he is rubbishing two instituitions daily ie the senate and the customs,they were in existence before he was a colnel in the army,if the senate allows such impunity to hold anything goes.We need strong institutions and not strong men, because institutions outlive men, and leadership is not an "I" thing, its a "we" thing.He should learn the rudiments of leadership, because he is just an old fool that does not want to be sepreated from his folly
Your school fees was indeed not wasted. I am really ashamed to have read so many dumb comments from the so called educated youths who are supposed to be enlightened. The reason why nothing works in Nigeria is simply because we have very weak institutions and that's the sole reason why Ali who has no business being in the customs office even as a recruit is CG. He has not, even the most basic of trainings to be a custom officer, so why was he nominated in the first place? If he's ashamed of the uniform or as he has claimed that a retired military officer shouldn't be in customs uniform, why did he accept to lead as CG?

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by orjaha(m): 3:55pm On Mar 16, 2017
are you ashamed of the uniform?
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by yhemsy62(m): 3:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
Austinmiles:

Why taking it too personal
Perhaps you're a smuggler.

Why hating,
For ur information I'm not a smuggler but the man think he's above the law of the nation

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by coolcharm(m): 4:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
Butterworth:

Recommending his removal is same as removing him.

lol. Read your comment again.

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by DjSwaga(m): 4:05pm On Mar 16, 2017
But i dont think any rule of law said he must come to house in uniform

Just saying

Jokerman:
Beautiful... I love this... you must go back and wear that uniform.... So if the president wants to have a security meeting with you, you will appear in mufti??

Mr Ali, you must obey the rule of Law... no wonder, one mumu senator in SW, Mr kashamu said, Nigeria is a banana republic
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
Why did they even chose a retired military colonel for the job sef, wasn't there a decent customs officer who started from a low position and rose through the ranks? Someone like that would appreciate the uniform
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Austinmiles: 4:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
dignity33:
I like Nigeria Senate now, they're the only institution of Government that is working, they should continue to make sure that executive did not hold us ransom and slave the whole Nigeria populace .
I wish what you said is true...
I just hope the so called legislative work you talked about won't end in a vendetta.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by saccie1162: 4:57pm On Mar 16, 2017
for this reason,he won't remain comptroller general again because they will make every effort to remove him... Sha me I don't really see d use of the uniform...
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Austinmiles: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2017
yhemsy62:
For ur information I'm not a smuggler but the man think he's above the law of the nation
What do you mean by 'he's above the law'
Hammed Ali has done nothing wrong as far as there is no legal backings for such accusations.

He clearly stated it when he send his letter to the senate, he needs legal advice on the so called issue on wearing uniform which I really can't see any fault in that.

All what col. Ali wants is for both party to work according to the constitution. They should prove to him where it is written that wearing uniforms to the senate house is imperative, are they trying to give him a dress code or what..is that the main issue of Nigerians
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by TexasR: 6:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
Jokerman:
Beautiful... I love this... you must go back and wear that uniform.... So if the president wants to have a security meeting with you, you will appear in mufti??

Mr Ali, you must obey the rule of Law... no wonder, one mumu senator in SW, Mr kashamu said, Nigeria is a banana republic

LOL @ mumu senator
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Efomeh2020(m): 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2017
This dishonourable men cannot continue to fool us, If the custom boss had bribed them in billions of naira, they won't ask him to appear.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Ty77: 7:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
Very arrogant man. Why is a retired army officer the CG sef.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by sevenhundred(m): 8:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
hardbody:

Elementary logical reasoning

The IGP is a career officer in the Police Force

Is the CG a career Customs officer?

Let us even assume he is (which he is not), is it the uniform that will speak to them

I believe in substance over procedure
thank you, but maybe untill he wear uniform before their "juju" will work on him, my bros.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by FX2BROWN: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
There is nothing wrong putting on custom's uniform, Ali seems a stubborn man.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by hardbody: 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2017
sevenhundred:
thank you, but maybe untill he wear uniform before their "juju" will work on him, my bros.

I hail you bruv

1 Like

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
thinkdip:
I love this, send him back and remove him. We don't want people like him in our country.
I thought he would form James Bond and won't show up.
Coward.

Like followers, like leaders. Always very petty.Is there a law that mandates wearing of uniform? Will not wearing a uniform stop him from doing his job? yeye set of people, governed by the type of leaders they deserve. No wonder there's no progress after 57 years. Is show of ego what should concern you people, or someone doing his duties/ responsibilities. This is what your so called 'dealers' like to be seen doing, distracting the populace from key issues on ground: bad state of the economy, now they have fed their gullible people their food- which is drama, and the gullible ones are playing along n enjoying it.This is how you'd dramatize till ur mates in other countries develop flying vehicles. yeye senators, yeye followers.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
TippyTop:
If the customs boss is not proud of his appointment let him resign.
If he so hate the customs uniform then he should look for another job.
Like followers, like leaders. Always very petty.Is there a law that mandates wearing of uniform? Will not wearing a uniform stop him from doing his job? yeye set of people, governed by the type of leaders they deserve. No wonder there's no progress after 57 years. Is show of ego what should concern you people, or someone doing his duties/ responsibilities. This is what your so called 'dealers' like to be seen doing, distracting the populace from key issues on ground: bad state of the economy, now they have fed their gullible people their food- which is drama, and the gullible ones are playing along n enjoying it.This is how you'd dramatize till ur mates in other countries develop flying vehicles. yeye senators, yeye followers.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2017
id911:
Very useless and idiotic man! The illegal customs controller general shld be removed by the senate immediately cos he's never a career custom officer to be called a CG.

They are destroying Nigeria's institutions gradually by appointing a retired army officer to head customs. In the future we will also support a president to appoint civil defence officer to head police or army. What a lawless and useless country

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:06pm On Mar 16, 2017
Jokerman:

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:07pm On Mar 16, 2017
Scream:
Why Wednesday next week?! They should have given him 30mins...and get him arrested if they don't see him after 30mins so that he would know that what is after "6" is not just "7".
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
Billyonaire:
This is what you get, when your President is dictatorial. In advanced countries, this man would have been fired right away. You can not say you are serving the people, while disobeying the Senate, an upper chamber elected from every States in the country. The Senate is, no matter how biased they are, constitutionally, the voice of the people.

And You, can not say, that you want to SERVE the PEOPLE, yet DISOBEY an order, from the representatives of THE PEOPLE.

Buhari is destroying the remaining Democratic Structures in the country, by asking his nominees to DISOBEY.

Some will ask; How do you know that the President asked him to disobey the Senate ? Then as a typical Nigerian, I will answer the question using another question; What do you think gives him the CONFIDENCE to DISOBEY the Senate ?
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by thinkdip(m): 10:09pm On Mar 16, 2017
cooldood:

What is all this nonsense you are writing? so you don't know there's a custom rule that mandates all officers to wear their uniforms? meeh that means you write without sense
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 10:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
thinkdip:

What is all this nonsense you are writing? so you don't know there's a custom rule that mandates all officers to wear their uniforms? meeh that means you write without sense
And who told you a former uniform man is duty-bound to wear a second one. Is the non-wearing of uniform affecting his job? Someone said: When you talk about competency Ali is far competent than other thieves who have been syphoning our generated revenue. Ali has generated more revenue than any other CG you can think of within this short period he became CG. What DIKO could not generate in 5years, Ali generated it in 6 months. The senators are against him because he does not settle. We need more of him in leadership role.

I will rather prefer a non-wearing CG who is delivering the goodies than uniform wearing non-performers. How most of you reason is shown in the type of leaders you have. Baboons governing baboons.The real koko of matter, una no go face, children everywhere.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by bjoyoyo99: 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
Instead of them to go straight they were fighting over Authority Power
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by bigiyaro(m): 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2017
Tenkobos:
This man stubborn sha
this is not stubbornness, this is what happens when a man's ego is bigger than the heads of all his ancestors put together.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2017
cooldood:

A man with such arrogance can not serve the people thoroughly. People with such minds, are always out for vengeful actions. He will be focused on fighting his masters enemies while crimes happen under his watch, he wouldnt see, because he is so focused on going after those who criticize his master.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by cooldood(m): 11:19pm On Mar 16, 2017
Billyonaire:

A man with such arrogance can not serve the people thoroughly. People with such minds, are always out for vengeful actions. He will be focused on fighting his masters enemies while crimes happens under his watch, he wouldnt see, because he is so focused on going after those who criticize his master.

If and when you catch him commit a crime, let him face the consequences. Petty people are the ones always looking for flimsy fault in a performer who they dont like. The question is, is he delivering the results? if yes, i give him 3 gbosa! in fact if he wants to wear boxers n singlet, so be it, but if he is not delivering, whether he wears uniform or not, let him be replaced. Same goes for the senators.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by able20(m): 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2017
PrepaidMeter:
Why did they even chose a retired military colonel for the job sef, wasn't there a decent customs officer who started from a low position and rose through the ranks? Someone like that would appreciate the uniform
Gooi question, but Mr buhari will rather chose paddy paddy than competent hands.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by thinkdip(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2017
cooldood:

And who told you a former uniform man is duty-bound to wear a second one. Is the non-wearing of uniform affecting his job? Someone said: When you talk about competency Ali is far competent than other thieves who have been syphoning our generated revenue. Ali has generated more revenue than any other CG you can think of within this short period he became CG. What DIKO could not generate in 5years, Ali generated it in 6 months. The senators are against him because he does not settle. We need more of him in leadership role.

I will rather prefer a non-wearing CG who is delivering the goodies than uniform wearing non-performers. How most of you reason is shown in the type of leaders you have. Baboons governing baboons.The real koko of matter, una no go face, children everywhere.
Mr man which law mandates him not to wear another uniform,which law? the man is only playing on your dull inteligence by saying that,no law says he cant. But the substantial law available still mandate him as an officer in custom to put on the regalia in effecting his rank. see oga even his stupid policies are causing the masses hardship. Please don't act bewitched
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by hardbody: 8:11am On Mar 17, 2017
Sugardiva:
Then you miss the point entirely. The issue is not the uniform per se, its his disregard for constituted authority and institutions.
If he gets away with disobeying a direct request to wear his uniform from the senate then everyone will feel like they can get away with disregarding the senate. The senate then looses its power. He gives orders and expects to be obeyed but he cant take a simple one?
Besides the leader of a uniform organisation should not go around in mufti. His uniform is his symbol of authority. If he feels the uniform is beneath him, he should resign.

Strong point. Well articulated. I wasn't coming from that perspective.
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by Sugardiva(f): 6:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
hardbody:

Strong point. Well articulated. I wasn't coming from that perspective.

Thank u
Re: Senate Walks Out Hammed Ali, Customs Comptroller General For Not Wearing Uniform by ebuclassic18(m): 8:13pm On Mar 19, 2017
pride is the problem facing most of this politicians, wear uniform that wont cost u anytin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians React As They Recall Problem Between Ambode’s Wife And Sacked Chaplain / UK Prime Minister David Cameron Attends RCCG Festival Of Life / Wike's Supporters Wear Tinubu's Logo With PDP Colors In Rivers (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.