Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address (3916 Views)

How Girls Eat On A Date Vs How They Eat At Home / How Men Greet People's Girlfriends Vs How Ladies Greet People's Boyfriends / How A Man Withdraws Cash From ATM Vs How A Woman Does It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Kingsley1000(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2017
When oyibo people describe a location, they simply say, "The place is about a mile and a half, north-west or 300 metres away from Greenville park." You actually know where you're going. .
*But in Naija, our house numbering system can't be trusted. You may find house number 43 in between house number 5 and 6. Moreover, we know nothing about miles and metres. So when some of you want to describe your location, you'll be like, "If you reach Mbonu crescent, you will see one big gutter. Jump the gutter and corner left. Do as if you're going right but be cornering left small small. Be going down down... straaaaaight! Until you will see one place they're selling akamu in front of one Redeemed church; opposite where they used to throwey dustbin. Just stand there and flash me. I will come outside*

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Cutehector(m): 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2017
Its because we didn't do well in geography class...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by menxer: 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
bros, you don take style tell us your location.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by McBrooklyn(m): 8:13pm On Mar 16, 2017
cheesy
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Kingsley1000(m): 8:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
menxer:
bros, you don take style tell us your location.
cheesy
Lol...buh make u no visit o
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by westlius(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
dats d biggest joke of the milinium

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
A Nigerian who did well in geography would still use the description op said. grin

It's all about poor urban planning.

5 Likes

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Preca(f): 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kingsley1000:
Lol...buh make u no visit o
expect us sunday afternoon.....we are coming to eat jollof rice

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:21pm On Mar 16, 2017
Haahahahahahah.
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
Lol even if they did .. same outcome ..
U end up lost ! If u follow the direction .. to the point they even start asking you "isn't that close to the ponmo lady " Im like well i dont know hence why I am asking sad
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Cutehector(m): 8:27pm On Mar 16, 2017
Bumbae1:

U end up lost ! If u follow the direction .. to the point they even start asking you "isn't that close to the ponmo lady " Im like well i dont know hence why I am asking sad
well just like kimbra wrote, poor urban planning.. And secondly some people aren't observant..

For me I just tell them instead to come pick me up at d nearest landmark dats all..

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by youngest85(m): 8:29pm On Mar 16, 2017
Bumbae1:

And somebody go dry kill himself coz of dat tin u posed as ukwu now o?
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
well just like kimbra wrote, poor urban planning.. And secondly some people aren't observant..

For me I just tell them instead to come pick me up at d nearest landmark dats all..
Landmark is the only thing we use in this country, else, you'll get lost. grin

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 16, 2017
youngest85:
And somebody go dry kill himself coz of dat tin u posed as ukwu now o?
embarassed no b my fault
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Cutehector(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
lol GPS apps will just read error sef...

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
Am guilty
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
lol GPS apps will just read error sef...
Lol, G.R.As are well planned.
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Kingsley1000(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
some landmarks and notable spots can be so confusing in Nigeria..and might be extremely far from the place of your host

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Cutehector(m): 8:39pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
Lol, G.R.As are well planned.
lol just pray I don't get to stumble upon u kimbra..
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2017
Kingsley1000:
some landmarks and notable spots can be so confusing in Nigeria..and might be extremely far from the place of your host
"Some", you use the closest landmark to your resident.

1 Like

Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Fernandowski(m): 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
ToriBlue:
Haahahahahahah.
lolzzz

see her teeth
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
Cutehector:
lol just pray I don't get to stumble upon u kimb.ra..
Hmm!, what would you do?. grin
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
Hmm!, what would you do?. grin
Sup, Benny
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Sup, Benny
Good and you?.
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by REIIGN(m): 9:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
LOL grin
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 9:24pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
Good and you?.
I've been fine... Benny fill in the gap
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Divay22(f): 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
LOL....in where they are selling akamu Hahahahahahahahaha
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 16, 2017
TheSlyone2:

I've been fine... Benny fill in the gap
Lol, what gap?. grin
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
Lol, what gap?. grin
Benita if I slap you enh...
So what have you been up to?
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 16, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Benita if I slap you enh...

So what have you been up to?
Nothing much. Just down with Malaria.
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 16, 2017
kimbra:
Nothing much. Just down with Malaria.
Oh sorry my dear...

Have you taken drugs?
Re: How A Nigerian Gives An Address Vs How The Whites Gives An Address by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Oh sorry my dear...

Have you taken drugs?
I and drugs do keep malice. I'll be fine without it. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sex On The First Date Yes Or No? / Which Of These Girls Is The Finest?? / Watch Sex Video Of 2 Female Nigerian Students Doing Online Leaked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.