Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

United In Betrayal - Literature (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / United In Betrayal (933514 Views)

Unfinished Business (21+ - A Story Of Betrayal, Sex And Infidelity) / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (104) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: United In Betrayal by PamelB(f): 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2017
As he drove to her house, so many thoughts filled his head, what was the barrister doing in his wife's room for the past one hour?
So Claire was cheating on him and here he was, thinking their marriage was now perfect.
They could have still met by coincidence, he understood that part but going into her room and not coming out, he won't hear of it.
Even if he was seeing a thousand women, it was her job to bring him back to his factory reset and not screw some other men to get revenge.

He got to the house of his mistress and honked, the gateman opened the gate and he drove in. He locked the car and ran to the stairs that would lead to her flat.

She saw him drive in and she smiled. He was just so wrapped around her that he would do anything to grant her happiness.
She went to the door, opened it and walked back to the dinning where she was playing snakes and ladders with a box of golden morn.

The door opened as she took a spoon of the milky cereal.

"Baby!" He called out, entering the sitting room.
He saw her at the dinning and walked to her

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I...."

"What are you doing here? It's me, that girl who'll do anything to get laid, that girl who is no longer a virgin so tell me what you're doing here."

"Honey, I've wronged you by not believing you but you see, I didn't know that Claire would do that to me, she called and told me that they all met and spent time together so......"

"Please, leave my house before I do something nasty."

He squatted before her and held her knees.

"Give me whatever punishment you deem fit, I deserve it but don't ask me to leave, don't ask me to leave from here because it'll kill me. You don't lie to me, you go to any length to satisfy me so why should I leave you?"

She stood up and backed him.

"A month ago, I left your house. You didn't ask how I was gonna cope. You watched your wife throw me out of the house and you said nothing. A week later, we made up, you frequented this place like it was your home. I gave you my love and my body, something your wife denied you and then you got tired of me and went back to your wife. What could I do, I had to show you that she's not who she claims to be. Yet, you still doubt me."

She turned around to him

"What crime have I committed that you'll treat me like this Mike?"

He felt for her. He quickly wrapped her in his arms, promising sweet nonsense. He missed the mischievous grin on her face. She had him just where she wanted him.

ONE WEEK LATER

She was done parking. The company car that would take her to the airport was waiting downstairs. She had signed every necessary paper and her face was now running on all social media platform as the new face of jiji but she was not happy.

Her husband has refused to pick her calls since that Sunday. He had nor replied any of her messages or even congratulated her on her new endorsement.

She looked at her phone again. She had texted him that she was coming home but got no reply afterwards. Something was definitely wrong.

A tap on her door and Kelvin walked into the room dressed in a jean and connect polo.

"Your flight is in an hour and you're still here eh? Miss Jiji." He said, settling down beside her.

She smiled, putting up a happy face.

"I was waiting for you."

"You sure? You look like you......"

"I'm going to miss you Kel." She said, stopping him mid way to his correct accusation

She threw herself on him and he enveloped her in a bear hug

"I'll miss you too beautiful one." He mimicked Phil.

Claire stared at him in surprise.

"He told me. We've become that close Claire so he hides nothing from me. But, why didn't you tell me you're in love with him?"

She didn't respond. She couldn't respond. It was a taboo. Whatever her feelings were, so long as it was for another man that was not her husband, it was a big taboo.
Instead of an answer, tears ran down her cheeks

"Claire?"

"Does it matter? Let's forget it Kel."

"No. We ain't forgetting anything. You mean a lot and much more to me. Since that day in school that you saved me from those security personnels, your problem became my problem so yes, it matters Claire."

She smiled as the event of that day came to her memory. He had never liked her. He always told Michael to forget about her. He presented girls to Michael even in her presence until that fateful day, he had gone out with one of his girlfriends for dinner. Urges came up and they opted for a quick one in the ladies restroom. Unfortunately for them, they were caught and being in their finals, the news spread out wide and they appeared in the school magazine. To save her face, the girl had claimed it was rap€. She added that he has been asking her out and she refused and when he saw her at the eatery, he followed her to the restroom and had his way with her. Her claim made the authorities involve the police immediately and he was arrested. Both chief and Michael did everything to bail him out all to no avail. They insisted the case must go to court. Then, she was still in her 200 level and she worked in the supposed eatery to supplement whatever Michael was giving her.

To everyone's surprise, on the first hearing, she appeared in court as a witness for Kelvin. She had said how she saw the girl add something to his wine and when she tried to tell him, he had slapped her.
Of course there was a little truth to that. She had seen him there and had gone to say hi and maybe, be their waitress for the night but typical Kelvin, he had spat on her feet and when she tried to speak, he slapped her. Everyone in the eatery that evening had seen it.

Other waitresses were called and they agreed that Kelvin had slapped her on that day. The case was dismissed and the girl was asked to pay for damages which were done to the Nwafor's family and almost ruining Chief's political career.

That was how Kelvin became her body guard both physically and emotion wise.

"Kel, I'm a married woman and...."

"You're married to a man who doesn't care Claire so stop using it as an excuse. I'm not saying this because I'm not in good terms with my best friend but the truth is this, your happiness is forever guaranteed with Phil. I've been watching you of late, following all the news about you and your husband hasn't said a word to congratulate you. It only means one thing Claire, he's not happy and he doesn't want you close. Think with your head Claire."

"My husband is only going through a phase and......"

"Your chauffeur is waiting, let's go."

He picked up her box and left the room.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: United In Betrayal by EvaJael(f): 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
Kel is really a God sent

2 Likes

Re: United In Betrayal by chisiudeh: 12:54pm On Jul 01, 2017
If u like use bleach and washing machine to wash a pig, it'll still remain a pig. Michael is such a pig.
Re: United In Betrayal by Toyin223(f): 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2017
Wat A Man Hmmmmmm I Can't Wait To See D End
Re: United In Betrayal by iamnicer: 2:10pm On Jul 01, 2017
Let's this end please .
Claire and Phil
Kelvin and Gertrude
And He goat Michael and whosoever
Claire deserves Happiness for crying out loud
What's all these
PamelB carry on sweetheart
Re: United In Betrayal by vickyviolet(f): 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Weldon pamelaIB waiting 4 d next update pls
Re: United In Betrayal by Stevedison(m): 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Amara u gonna loose big time.
Claire really deserves to be happy.
PamelB thanks for updating we app u.

1 Like

Re: United In Betrayal by prodekul(f): 3:20pm On Jul 01, 2017
I dey at the front of your back jarr
Re: United In Betrayal by PamelB(f): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2017
"So your wife is coming home today huh?" Amara asked, walking into the sitting room with a plate of sliced water melon.

He hissed and sat up. He had made her house his abode, he went to work from her house, he ate and slept in her house.

"Let's not spoil this moment alright? She can do whatever she wants to do, i do not care anymore."

"Really?" she said with a hint of sarcasm, dropping the plate on the side table beside him.

"Yes hun. I'm so over her. I'm no longer blind and her jazz has already washed off. I think her new victim is the barrister guy."

"It's okay. You're getting angry and i don't like it. Have your watermelon while i shower. I'll join you shortly."

"Okay babe."

She walked out, swaying her hip to pleasure his mood.

..................................................................................

The house was dry and quiet as she walked behind Raheem who was carrying her huge box.

"Where's everyone?" she asked

"Chika e yaff go market, Ebere go bring cloth from dry cleaner." He replied, climbing the stairs gently

"What about my husband?"

"Madam i no know o. He comot sunday, come back monday come carry him small bag. He never come back since that time."

He continued on his journey up the stairs while Claire lowered herself to a cushion. What was the problem now? She thought they had started all over, that they were good now, what was the problem? What was disturbing her family?
She unlocked her phone and dialed his number. It rang and went to voicemail. Instead of hearing her own voice which he had used as his voicemail message for years, she heard his own voice; "Micheal Njama, please drop a message."

She heaved a sigh and started;

"Hi honey. I'm home. The house is boring and dry without you here, please come home." She smiled and continued, "You need to hear how i spent my days at Abuja. Please come home baby let's get naughty cause i've missed you."

She dropped the message and went upstairs where she showered and slept off.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"She just left few hours ago." Kelvin said.

She held the throw pillow and sobbed. She wept for her former boss.

"He treats her like she's nothing yet she keeps running to him. I....... Are you crying?"

He went to her side and she broke down automatically. He held her closely and allowed her to cry.

She'd just finished her exams the previous day and Kelvin had insisted she came to Abuja the next day. He booked a flight for her and as a gentleman, he had gone to pick her two hours after Claire's departure.

"It's okay honey, we'll help her fight this, trust me okay?"

She nodded and pulled away from him.

"So, how was the exams?"

Her head throbbed. She sat up and her eyes went to the wall clock. It was 4;19am. She sprang up and raced to her husband's room. She threw the door open and her heart failed her. He was not there. She locked the door and went down to the sitting room. He was not there too. She sat down and cried. Chika came out from the kitchen. She had come down to drink water. She was shocked to see her boss at the sitting room by that time of the morning.

"Good morning madam." She greeted, coming closer

"Morning Chika. How're you?"

"I'm good madam. When we returned yesterday, you were already sleeping. Welcome madam."

"Thanks Gertrude, i mean, Chika. You girls will get the stuffs i bought for you later in the day."

She jumped in excitement and exited the sitting room.

Claire fought back the urge to cry, she was no l0nger married. Her husband has no regard for her anymore. She stood up and went back to her room. She was going to call Kelvin.
He picked at the third ring.

"Claire?" He spoke into the receiver.

"Looks like we're in same boat. You ain't sleeping?"

"Gertrude is running a fever."

"She's in town?" Her voice filled with surprise.

"She came in some hours after you left. What's up? Why are you up now?"

"Micheal has refused to come home."

13 Likes

Re: United In Betrayal by abefe99: 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2017
marriage sometimes as a married lady am always scared because man can never over come temptation is only God almighty DAT can help with marital issues I feel for Claire
Re: United In Betrayal by pweetypearls(f): 5:37pm On Jul 01, 2017
wow!!!this is getting more intriguing,pls pamel finish this thing off plsssssssssssssss
Re: United In Betrayal by Toyin223(f): 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2017
Pls Marry Another Man
Re: United In Betrayal by xdos(m): 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2017
How is Michael coping with work sef cos the guy's brain dead. I wish the marriage will not fail really. Marriages have survived tougher trials than this.
Kelvin too isn't doing the right thing. Shouldnt be encouraging Claire to go for Phil. I strongly believe in these words; the devil you know is better than the Angel you dont know.
I am sure Michael was all loving while they dated and also in the early part of their marriage until he ran into the she-devil. Michael was even giving her stuffs while they were still in school. Michael was very principled according to the writer. Phil may still change tomorrow.
So if I were Kelvin, I'd encourage her to pray for her husband Michael. That is what he needs right now to have his mind restored to default state.

4 Likes

Re: United In Betrayal by nabla(f): 10:04pm On Jul 01, 2017
dis micheal of a guy is crazy
Re: United In Betrayal by PamelB(f): 8:13am On Jul 02, 2017
She heard a knock on the door and she opened her eyes.
Last night had been great until she started running the fever. They had eaten the oha soup she made after which they took an evening walk. He bought her doughnuts and a plate of ice cream from a confectionery. When they got back to the house, he had called his workers and introduced them to her. They settled down to watch a movie after which they went in for the night.
She had someone gotten a fever and called him on the phone. He came into her room and attended to her, leaving after she had gone back to sleep.

Kelvin walked into the room all dressed up and with a little travelling box.

"Good morning baby." He greeted, giving her a Peck on the forehead.

"Good morning." Her eyes scanned the bag. "Are you travelling?"

"Yes. Claire called me early this morning. Michael isn't home."

She sat up.
"Like, he's missing?"

He chuckled and sat down beside her
"After i spoke with her, I forwarded his number to a friend of mine who locates people and he sent me an address. I wanna go and talk to him, I want to know the reason for his actions. After that, I'll go see Claire. She doesn't know I'm coming."

She nodded. She felt for her boss. The lady was very kind to her during her stay at the house. She saw everything first class so she understood.

"I'll be back in two days okay?"

"Just take your time there."

"Trust me, two days."

She nodded.
He took out two wraps of money and kept it on the bed.

"Here, this will do till I'm back."

"Wait. If I'm not mistaken, this is two hundred thousand naira right?"

He nodded

"Do you plan to stay there for a whole year?"

He laughed. Another girl would have asked for more, some will be quiet and shop all their lives in those two days.

"Go shopping, visit a spa, do......."

"We'll do that after you come back. You're the one travelling so you need the money."

"My flight is in thirty minutes. I'll call you alright?" He kissed her before she could say another word and left the room

She picked the money and put it in her draw. Maybe he was just testing her. He'll still return and meet the money there.
She knelt down and began her every morning ritual but today, she won't pray for herself, she has gotten happiness already. She'll pray for her boss, she needed it.

She was done arranging the things she came back with. The stuff she got for her workers were lying on the bed, the three of them had names labelled on the bag, Chika, Ebere and Gertrude. She had forgotten that Gertrude no longer stays with her but somehow, she'll still send it to Abuja. She was happy for the girl. Her good heart and kind nature had gotten her a good man. She prayed for their happiness.

A knock came on her door and she knew it was the girls. She had called for them earlier.

"Come in."

They quietly opened the door and walked in.

"Good morning madam." They chorused in unison

"Morning. What's for breakfast?"

"Bread and tea with scrambled eggs." Chika replied.

"I'll be down in a sec. Meanwhile, pick your bags." She pointed to the bed.

Chika picked first and thanked her, showering prayers of blessings on her before leaving the room
Ebere picked hers and while thanking her, broke down in tears

"Ebere are you okay?"

She nodded and made for the door.

"Ebere, come let's talk. What's the matter?"

Ebere couldn't look at her.
Her boss was a good woman but she had taken what belongs to her.

"Nothing madam. I'm just surprised that despite shat you go through, you still have time for us. Thank you madam."

Claire smiled.

"You're welcome Ebere. No marriage is perfect but I pray my marriage passes this phase."

Ebere nodded and left the room. If only her boss knew that the phase was deeper than what she thought.

Claire looked at the third box she came back with. It was for her husband. Designer suits, shoes, ties, perfumes and wrist watches. She had spent a lot of money for him. It was nothing compared to all he had done for her while she was still in the university. That was what kept her here. She knew he loved her no matter what. They were only going through a phase.

She came out from the bathroom tying a short pink towel. He was waiting for her on the bed. He licked his lips and ran his eyes over her legs. She was about doing a dance for him when the door bell rang.

"You expecting anyone?" He asked

"No baby but let me see."

She left the room and strolled to the sitting room. The bell rang again

"Coming!" She called out.

She unlocked the door and threw it open. Her eyes widened in shock.

"You?"

"Yes me. Now excuse me, I'm here for business." He pushed past her and entered the sitting room.

"Do you in any way know that you're violating......."

"Call Michael please. I'm not here to throw banters with you."

"Kelvin, leave my house."

He looked around the living room. The furnishings and painting were all feminine.

"Okay, so, it's your house and you're harbouring my brother who is married to your sister. Right. Call him for me."

"Its none of your business who stays with me or, are you jealous I chose him over you?"

He chuckled.

"I don't wanna laugh please. Even if you're given to me free of charge, I ain't gonna pick you. I......" He saw Michael walk in and he broke into a laugh.

"Looks like I interrupted something. She's on a towel while you're in your boxer shorts, it's all good."

"What are you doing here Kelvin?"

"I came to see you. It's been long we saw each other. Forgive me cause of the fight we had the last time. Chief won't be happy that his children are fighting each other. He has complained that you don't call anymore. Please Mike, let's forget everything and start again."

His tone sounded so apologetic and real and it caused confusion to Michael's thoughts

"Kelvin I want you out of my house this minute." Amara said, trying to interrupt Michael from thinking the apology through.

"Amara please. Its enough that you're waging a war against your own sister but please, leave her husband out of it."

"We are in love with each other and......."

"And what? Do you know the number of times Claire meets people who wants to love her and rake care of her but she runs for her dear life because she loves her husband? Do you know? I'm sure you don't know so stop meddling."

He turned to Michael.

"Bro, don't let pleasure ruin many years of hard work. I know I had given up on you earlier but not anymore. I'm here to help you fight this. I'm here tto support you now so please, think about this and know that I'll never lie to you or deceive you. Society will judge you, people will mock you and you'll end up with people you don't love. I'll be waiting for you at the house. As for you Amara, your doom is near."

"Get out. Preacher. Get out of my house." Amara barked

Kelvin nodded and made for the door but Micheal stopped him.

"You're going to my house right?"

Kelvin nodded.

"Tell Claire that I want a divorce."

15 Likes

Re: United In Betrayal by Queening(f): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2017
Werey werey mike is a mad man...oh my God he just set my heart on fire

1 Like

Re: United In Betrayal by Queening(f): 8:35am On Jul 02, 2017
Oh my God that man is mad...idiot he will throw away a diamond while packing stones
Re: United In Betrayal by OkoAnike(m): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2017
Interesting, great work of art...
Re: United In Betrayal by Kimkardashain(f): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2017
*faints*
Re: United In Betrayal by shurley22(f): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2017
This Michael guy is the most senseless person I've ever seen.
I just hope Claire gives him the stupid divorce without putting up a fight cos he ain't worth any.
Re: United In Betrayal by heemah(f): 9:09am On Jul 02, 2017
Divorce? Good riddance to bad rubbish then! Karma awaits both of u tho
Re: United In Betrayal by Jambo6630: 9:15am On Jul 02, 2017
It's obvious that what Michael is undergoing is beyond the ordinary!
Re: United In Betrayal by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2017
divorce! hahaha see good news. he's made it even easier for Claire. Claire darling I know this will hurt a bit but this is God working on your case. Kelvin is such a Swithrt. Gertrude, she deserve a good man.Amara is doomed just like Kelvin said.

2 Likes

Re: United In Betrayal by Toyin223(f): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Whaatttt
Re: United In Betrayal by Tgold1(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2017
Michael is a shitty bowl of f*ck served hot....

His dumb skull made him totally blind towards all the fight Claire is fighting to make things work out. And there he is kpanshing a soon expired p*ssy. I have no pity whatsoever for what is coming to fall on them both (Amara and mike) incurable disease and abject poverty fall on them.

Pamelb, once again I must commend this work of art.

Its a cake.... Hot, hot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United In Betrayal by Tgold1(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2017
Queening:
Werey werey mike is a mad man...oh my God he just set my heart on fire

Thats the height if it all.....

Mike set your heart on fire keh? Bikonu, I've got a tanker of petrol here, lemme help in quenching that fire...

1 Like

Re: United In Betrayal by eitsei(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Kimkardashain:
*faints*
shift make I faint beside you
Re: United In Betrayal by eitsei(m): 11:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Kimkardashain:
*faints*
Re: United In Betrayal by Kimkardashain(f): 11:33am On Jul 02, 2017
eitsei:
aha! no way,
Re: United In Betrayal by xdos(m): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2017
Nice work PamelB..
Something tells me that this story wont end until Mike and Claire go their separate ways. Phil for Claire and karma for Mike/Amara... All the same, wehdone PamelB!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: United In Betrayal by Toyin223(f): 11:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Kimkardashain:
aha! no way,
Hahahahaha See Me See Faint See Person Dat Faint D Talk
Re: United In Betrayal by olatunyemi(m): 11:44am On Jul 02, 2017
from the start I did not support Michael but Phil is too smooth loyal that I did not have all my trust in him.
op well-done

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (104) (Reply)

IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) / Tradition - A Story / Number 225 Katakata Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.