Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,539 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? (3156 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Women Who Wear Men’s Clothes Are An Abomination Unto God / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri / The Abomination Of Desolation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 9:05pm On Mar 17, 2017
MZLady39:

Sir,
I was gonna refer her to the "The Destruction of Jerusalem", which is the 1st chapter in The Great Controversy by Ellen G. White...but glad you gave her that website. It's a very good website.

Thank you dear. Forgive me for not mentioning you because in my mind I did on my last two threads. I guess it's because I haven't saved your moniker yet I failed in that. Please forgive me sis.

And thanks for the referral. Will check that also.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
CatfishBilly:
According to the movie, Fighting Temptations, the abomination that causes desolation is bringing guns to church. smiley
You ehn. smiley

That falls under the desecration of the Holy place and that's one of the main abominations that caused desolation.

But how many years ago did you watch the movie that you still remember that?
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by MrPresident1: 9:14pm On Mar 17, 2017
bennyann:

Next part please cheesy

Any questions yet? grin

Do you understand me?
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by enshy: 9:15pm On Mar 17, 2017
bennyann:
“When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near. Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city. For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written. How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers! There will be great distress in the land and wrath against this people. They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled. “There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. People will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”
Lk 21:20‭-‬28 NIV
http://bible.com/111/luk.21.20-28.NIV
This is Christs Second Coming.
It ends the Great Tribulation.
What Joy there is in my soul? All shall see Christ in His Glory and Splendour.
This same JESUS! Im waiting to reign with Him om earth for 1000 years.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrPresident1:

Any questions yet? grin

Do you understand me?

What I understand so far is this:
God's people were the ones that committed the abomination by desecrating His temple and disobeying Commandments or warnings. So God brought desolation upon them through the heathen as a form of punishment.

So the abomination that caused the desolation at that time was the desecration of the temple.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
enshy:

This is Christs Second Coming.
It ends the Great Tribulation.
What Joy there is in my soul? All shall see Christ in His Glory and Splendour.
This same JESUS! Im waiting to reign with Him om earth for 1000 years.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Me I can't wait ooo. I only pray I should fulfill all I had to by the time He comes for me.
I really wish I'm with Him now but I must fulfill my purpose.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by MrPresident1: 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2017
bennyann:

What I understand so far is this:
God's people were the ones that committed the abomination by desecrating His temple and disobeying Commandments or warnings. So God brought desolation upon them through the heathen as a form of punishment.

So the abomination that caused the desolation at that time was the desecration of the temple.

God's people sinned truly, but their sin is not the abomination that causes desolation, the abomination is that heathens would step foot or stand in the holy place. Strangers were not supposed to enter into the congregation of the LORD, Lamentations 1:10, so by setting foot on ground that is forbidden to them, the heathen had committed abomination. The heathen set foot on the Sanctuary of God, this is the abomination. It was the conquest of Israel by her enemies, it was the abomination that would lead to the desolation of the land because once defeated, they would be deported from their land and the land would enjoy her sabbaths. Desolate.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by analice107: 9:55pm On Mar 17, 2017
petra1:

What more can I say . You've said it all.

There is a funny development . It's believed by many scholars that the antichrist will build the new temple in jesrusalem . I was shocked while making a search online to discover that Jewish religious leaders wrote to president Putin and president Donald trump to help them build a new temple . Whoever build that temple is the antichrist .

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/78372/bin-exclusive-sanhedrin-asks-putin-trump-build-third-temple-jerusalem/amp/
It won't even work. None of them can overrule God's mandate. The Temple will not be rebuilt until after Rapture. Yes, preparations will be made to that effect, but the actual construction will come during the Antichrist's first 3years reign, not before Rapture. The Church is still here.

The Prophesies says the gathering of the Jews back to their land kicks off the beginning of an end, and we are seeing their agitations to rebuilt their Temple, it can only be rebuilt if heavens permits.

Alot of things are falling into places right now. I feel for those who are still toying with their Faith.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrPresident1:

God's people sinned truly, but their sin is not the abomination that causes desolation, the abomination is that heathens would step foot or stand in the holy place. Strangers were not supposed to enter into the congregation of the LORD, Lamentations 1:10, so by setting foot on ground that is forbidden to them, the heathen had committed abomination. The heathen set foot on the Sanctuary of God, this is the abomination. It was the conquest of Israel by her enemies, it was the abomination that would lead to the desolation of the land because once defeated, they would be deported from their land and the land would enjoy her sabbaths. Desolate.

I get you. But the abomination took place because the people of God allowed it,right?
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by analice107: 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2017
enshy:

Hmmn but the anti christ will not be enthroned until:
1. The temple is rebuilt and jewish worship & rituals is restored
2. After the rapture
This would mean then who builds the temple isnt necessarily anti christ but may in essence be working for it.
As it is, the muslims have the use of the Jewish temple which the Jews must capture.
Very correct.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by MrPresident1: 10:23pm On Mar 17, 2017
bennyann:

I get you. But the abomination took place because the people of God allowed it,right?

Yes. Because if the people had not sinned, the abomination would not have happened. The progression is

Israel sinned》》God withdrew His cover over them》》they are conquered》》the abomination occurs, heathens breach the temple of God》》Israel is deported》》the land becomes desolate because the presence of God is not there.

Even the people who occupy the land after the desolation would marvel at the degree of devastation Deuteronomy 29:24
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by jonbellion(m): 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2017
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 10:32pm On Mar 17, 2017
MrPresident1:

Yes. Because if the people had not sinned, the abomination would not have happened. The progression is

Israel sinned》》God withdrew His cover over them》》they are conquered》》the abomination occurs, heathens breach the temple of God》》Israel is deported》》the land becomes desolate because the presence of God is not there.

Even the people who occupy the land after the desolation would marvel at the degree of devastation Deuteronomy 29:24

Ok. Following
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
Bennyann, first of all, I'd advise you to use the KJV.

Now, this wicked world and the abominable religious system(which would enforce Sunday worship) that would be in place when Christ returns would be brought to desolation, and be destroyed "with the brightness of his coming."(2 Thess 2:8 ) After Christ has come to take the saints up to Heaven, nothing will remain on earth. Jeremiah describes the state of the earth and the wicked in it at the second coming of Christ in Jer. 4:23-26 (note the "presence of the LORD" mentioned in v.26). Isa. 24:1-6 also pictures the desolation of this earth. Now notice Isa. 24:10, which mentions the destruction of the "city of confusion". This city can only be Babylon(which means confusion), which Rev. 17:5 calls the mother of harlots. The Catholic church has been shown to be the Babylon of Revelation 17 and 18.

Follow the link below to find out more about the second coming of Christ.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/book/e/44/t/rendezvous-in-space
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by DoctorAlien(m): 10:38pm On Mar 17, 2017
I'm glad to be of help to you, bennyann. You're welcome.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:18am On Mar 18, 2017
If a group of Christians sat down to list perplexing passages, it wouldn't take long for someone to mention Matthew 24:15-16: “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,' spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”

The reasons for uncertainty are easy to list. What is an abomination? What abomination does Jesus have in mind? One that belongs to his generation, or one from the last days? What is the connection between the prophecies of Daniel and Jesus? Who is “the reader,” and what should he or she understand? In what sense should readers “flee to the mountains”? Should they obey literally or metaphorically?

As always, the first step is to read the text in literary, cultural, historical, and canonical contexts. Then we analyze the structure of the passage and do the necessary lexical and grammatical work. We begin with the key phrase, “abomination of desolation.”

The term “abomination” (Hebrew toevah and siqqus) appears more than 100 times in the Old Testament and just a few times in the New Testament. An abomination is normally a great sin, commonly worthy of death. Readers immersed in current debates about sexual ethics may first think an abomination is a sexual sin. Indeed, Scripture calls sexual sins like adultery, homosexuality, and bestiality abominations (e.g., Leviticus 18:22, 29-30). But more often throughout the Bible “abomination” refers to major covenant violations, especially idolatry (in Deuteronomy alone, see 7:25, 13:6-16, 17:2-5, 18:9-12, 27:15, 32:16). In the historical books, “abomination” always describes idolatry, often with child sacrifice (1 Kings 11:7, 2 Kings 23:13). Abomination also refers to idolatry in the prophets, including Daniel 9 and 11. (Daniel uses siqqus, a term that always appears in connection with idolatry.)

The interpretation of Daniel 9-11 is difficult and disputed, but it does have some fixed points, and the nature of the abomination that causes desolation is one of them. Daniel 9:26-27 refers to a prince who will destroy the city (Jerusalem) along with its temple and sacrifices, “and on the wings of abominations shall come one who makes desolate.” Two chapters later there is another reference to an “abomination” in connection to the temple: “forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate” (11:31).

Scholars generally agree that the first reference of these prophecies is the Seleucid king Antiochus Epiphanes IV, who ruled Palestine from 175-64 B.C. Antiochus treated Israel with such violence and contempt that they rebelled against him. When he came to suppress the rebellion, his forces entered the temple, stopped the regular sacrifices, set up an idol of or altar for Zeus, and apparently offered swine there as a sacrifice. This is an abomination because it is idolatry, and it brings desolation because it defiles the holy place at the heart of Israel. This act was the abomination “of” desolation, the abomination “causing” desolation.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by MrPresident1: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2017
The abomination which causes desolation Part B

The second abomination which causes desolation happened in 70AD when Roman forces sacked Jerusalem and forced the Jews to disperse into the wilderness of Africa.

Jesus was telling his disciples that soon after his death, anytime they see the Roman forces standing in the holy place, where they should never be, they should flee to the mountains

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Jesus told his disciples that whenever they saw the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place, WHERE IT OUGHT NOT, they should flee to the mountains.

The abomination which causes desolation was the feet of the Roman soldiers on sacred ground, which meant the defeat of the ancient Israelites. This was accomplished in 70AD.

This conquest meant the beginning of the tribulation of the Jews, and it has continued till date.

The real Jews of the Bible are Black people, they are the people referred to as the Negroes nowadays, and everything they have passed through is the tribulation. The tribulations will only end when Jesus Christ returns. The re-gathering of the Jews who are till this day scattered around the world will only be done by Jesus Christ.

All purported return before the coming of Jesus Christ by the Israelis (as different from the Israelites), who are fake Jews, is pure lies.

Ezekiel 37:21-25
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime minister of the Israeli Jews is not King David, is he?
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 19, 2017
bennyann:

Thank you dear. Forgive me for not mentioning you because in my mind I did on my last two threads. I guess it's because I haven't saved your moniker yet I failed in that. Please forgive me sis.

And thanks for the referral. Will check that also.

Hi BennyAnn,
No problem...no need to apologize. You asked a question that I felt compelled to answer (although indirectly). Sorry if I was rude for jumping in. DoctorAlien gave an excellent website. Check it out if/when you get a chance smiley
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by orisa37: 8:06am On Mar 19, 2017
When you don't love yourself.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by CatfishBilly: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2017
bennyann:

You ehn. smiley

That falls under the desecration of the Holy place and that's one of the main abominations that caused desolation.

But how many years ago did you watch the movie that you still remember that?
Lol. I watched it in 2005.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by MightyFortress: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2017
Deep thread..
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Thegospelman(m): 10:18pm On Dec 18, 2017
bennyann:
I was going through the book of Matthew when I noticed "the abomination of desolation" in the 15th verse of the 24th chapter.

“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
Mt 24:15 NIV

And my Bible referred me to the book of Daniel:

He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. ”
Daniel 9:27 NIV

“His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.
Daniel 11:31 NIV

“From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.
Daniel 12:11 NIV

There are various abominations in the Bible but which one is the abomination that causes desolation?

Any theologians in the house?

Cc: 4everGod3, kingebukasblog, oaroloye,alBHAGDADI, DoctorAlien, MrPresident1, Junia, Pidgin2, Wilgrea7, enshy, Winners01, 4kings, skeendyke, Gboyee4fun, analice107, Scholar8200, GoodMuyis....

Please anyone who can help embarassed
Better for the world peace? Do you think so? But far from being that, Jerusalem being the capital of Israel will certainly bring troubles and intense sufferings for Israel in the near future. Yes is true that Jerusalem has been the capital of the of Israel from the Bible time. But one thing I want you to understand is that all these are happening now that the prophesy of the Bible may come to pass. The Bible says that when Israel regains its territory and then becomes very strong as it is now, then a certain country (The King of the North), this is mostly to be Russia or EU will invade Israel, destroys and completely burns it down. To Israel the most precious city is Jerusalem, in Jerusalem the most precious thing is the Temple and in the Temple the most precious thing is the Ark of Covenant. Now the Ark of Covenant is a rectangular golden box with two cherubim facing each other in a worship, inside the Ark of the Covenant there are 3 things: Aaron rod, two stone tablets of the Ten Commandments and golden pot of manna. Israel values this Ark of Covenant more than their own lives. To Israel, removing this Ark of Covenant is like death. Till today Israel still believes in Judaism, they have refused to accept Jesus Christ as their long awaited Messiah as they are still waiting in vain for another Messiah. When this certain country invades Israel and destroys completely everything there including the Ark of Covenant inside the Temple, Israel will cry out to God for help and through God's special intervention they will come to believe in Jesus Christ as their Saviour. "Now as Jesus was going out of the temple courts and walking away, his disciples came to show him the temple buildings. And he said to them, Do you see all these things? I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left on another. All will be torn down! As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him privately and said, Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age? Jesus answered them, Watch out that no one misleads you. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Make sure that you are not alarmed, for this must happen, but the end is still to come. For nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these things are the beginning of birth pains. Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. You will be hated by all the nations because of my name. Then many will be led into sin, and they will betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will appear and deceive many, and because lawlessness will increase so much, the love of many will grow cold. But the person who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole inhabited earth as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. So when you see the abomination of desolation – spoken about by Daniel the prophet – standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)"(Matthew 24:1-15). Now let us see what the Prophet Daniel said about these 'Abomination of Desolation' and the King of the North's invasion, I advise you to finish all chapters 11 and 12 of Daniel. "From the time that the daily sacrifice is removed and the abomination that causes desolation is set in place, there are 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits and attains to the 1,335 days. But you should go your way until the end. You will rest and then at the end of the days you will arise to receive what you have been allotted.”(Daniel 12:11-13) Do you see it? The abomination of desolation is the total destruction of Israel and consequent removal of the temple of God. From this verse we see that the first destruction of the temple in A.D 70 is certainly not the one prophesied here. why? Because according to Daniel, after the removal of the temple both Israelis and all the children of God worldwide will suffer for 3 and half years of the 7 years of Great Tribulation. i.e between 1,290 to 1,335 days, then both the martyred and those that were not martyred by the anti-Christ government will also be saved before 1,335 days finish. What does that mean? It means that Christ will certainly come between 1,290 to 1,335 days after the invasion and destruction of Israel. Note that Christ has given us all signs to know about His Second Coming but the exact date and hour no one knows. The apostle Paul spoke about the second coming as well "Now regarding the arrival of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to be with him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, not to be easily shaken from your composure or disturbed by any kind of spirit or message or letter allegedly from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not arrive until the rebellion comes and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, and as a result he takes his seat in God’s temple, displaying himself as God"(2 Thess. 2:1-4). Can you see it clearly that all these are biblical? So we can see that the anti-Christ will rise, and the leader of the country that invades Israel will be the anti-Christ, he will unify the world and promise to make the world a better place and many who are not born again will believe him and worship him as God because he will perform so much miracles and wonders as Satan the Devil will give him so much power to do so. He will command everyone to receive his mark of 666 in their forehead or right hand. But only truly born again saints will oppose his government however the saints will be persecuted and killed by the anti-Christ authority(although not all will be martyred). After that Christ will come to judge those that believe and follow the anti-Christ. So anytime we hear that the nation of Israel has being invaded by a certain country, we should know that we have entered into the 7 years of Great Tribulation and Christ will come around the middle of the 7 years of the Great Tribulation. Do you know the gospel the disciples and apostles believed in and preached that gave them boldness and confidence to face their martyr? Click on the link below to download and read this book for details [PDF] (2MB)

https://drive.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B8wCbx7jt6ZJMTZNemJESWx1QlU&export=download

Do you desire to read more about the coming of Christ? Click HERE and select any topics
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Saverin: 9:28am On Dec 19, 2017
Religious folks and all these their catchy phrases grin grin

The Abomination That Causes Desolation

bennyann sweetheart cheesy
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by alBHAGDADI: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2017
Thegospelman:

Better for the world peace? Do you think so? But far from being that, Jerusalem being the capital of Israel will certainly bring troubles and intense sufferings for Israel in the near future. Yes is true that Jerusalem has been the capital of the of Israel from the Bible time. But one thing I want you to understand is that all these are happening now that the prophesy of the Bible may come to pass. The Bible says that when Israel regains its territory and then becomes very strong as it is now, then a certain country (The King of the North), this is mostly to be Russia or EU will invade Israel, destroys and completely burns it down. To Israel the most precious city is Jerusalem, in Jerusalem the most precious thing is the Temple and in the Temple the most precious thing is the Ark of Covenant. Now the Ark of Covenant is a rectangular golden box with two cherubim facing each other in a worship, inside the Ark of the Covenant there are 3 things: Aaron rod, two stone tablets of the Ten Commandments and golden pot of manna. Israel values this Ark of Covenant more than their own lives. To Israel, removing this Ark of Covenant is like death. Till today Israel still believes in Judaism, they have refused to accept Jesus Christ as their long awaited Messiah as they are still waiting in vain for another Messiah. When this certain country invades Israel and destroys completely everything there including the Ark of Covenant inside the Temple, Israel will cry out to God for help and through God's special intervention they will come to believe in Jesus Christ as their Saviour. "Now as Jesus was going out of the temple courts and walking away, his disciples came to show him the temple buildings. And he said to them, Do you see all these things? I tell you the truth, not one stone will be left on another. All will be torn down! As he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, his disciples came to him privately and said, Tell us, when will these things happen? And what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age? Jesus answered them, Watch out that no one misleads you. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many. You will hear of wars and rumors of wars. Make sure that you are not alarmed, for this must happen, but the end is still to come. For nation will rise up in arms against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these things are the beginning of birth pains. Then they will hand you over to be persecuted and will kill you. You will be hated by all the nations because of my name. Then many will be led into sin, and they will betray one another and hate one another. And many false prophets will appear and deceive many, and because lawlessness will increase so much, the love of many will grow cold. But the person who endures to the end will be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached throughout the whole inhabited earth as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come. So when you see the abomination of desolation – spoken about by Daniel the prophet – standing in the holy place (let the reader understand)"(Matthew 24:1-15). Now let us see what the Prophet Daniel said about these 'Abomination of Desolation' and the King of the North's invasion, I advise you to finish all chapters 11 and 12 of Daniel. "From the time that the daily sacrifice is removed and the abomination that causes desolation is set in place, there are 1,290 days. Blessed is the one who waits and attains to the 1,335 days. But you should go your way until the end. You will rest and then at the end of the days you will arise to receive what you have been allotted.”(Daniel 12:11-13) Do you see it? The abomination of desolation is the total destruction of Israel and consequent removal of the temple of God. From this verse we see that the first destruction of the temple in A.D 70 is certainly not the one prophesied here. why? Because according to Daniel, after the removal of the temple both Israelis and all the children of God worldwide will suffer for 3 and half years of the 7 years of Great Tribulation. i.e between 1,290 to 1,335 days, then both the martyred and those that were not martyred by the anti-Christ government will also be saved before 1,335 days finish. What does that mean? It means that Christ will certainly come between 1,290 to 1,335 days after the invasion and destruction of Israel. Note that Christ has given us all signs to know about His Second Coming but the exact date and hour no one knows. The apostle Paul spoke about the second coming as well "Now regarding the arrival of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to be with him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, not to be easily shaken from your composure or disturbed by any kind of spirit or message or letter allegedly from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord is already here. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not arrive until the rebellion comes and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. He opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, and as a result he takes his seat in God’s temple, displaying himself as God"(2 Thess. 2:1-4). Can you see it clearly that all these are biblical? So we can see that the anti-Christ will rise, and the leader of the country that invades Israel will be the anti-Christ, he will unify the world and promise to make the world a better place and many who are not born again will believe him and worship him as God because he will perform so much miracles and wonders as Satan the Devil will give him so much power to do so. He will command everyone to receive his mark of 666 in their forehead or right hand. But only truly born again saints will oppose his government however the saints will be persecuted and killed by the anti-Christ authority(although not all will be martyred). After that Christ will come to judge those that believe and follow the anti-Christ. So anytime we hear that the nation of Israel has being invaded by a certain country, we should know that we have entered into the 7 years of Great Tribulation and Christ will come around the middle of the 7 years of the Great Tribulation. Do you know the gospel the disciples and apostles believed in and preached that gave them boldness and confidence to face their martyr? Click on the link below to download and read this book for details [PDF] (2MB)

https://drive.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B8wCbx7jt6ZJMTZNemJESWx1QlU&export=download

Do you desire to read more about the coming of Christ? Click HERE and select any topics

Pls, stop stop believing that lie that it's Russia or the EU that will invade Israel. That was told by the preachers of America who are now shifting away from such. It is now clear based on the Bible and recent happenings that it's muslim nations that will invade Israel but to no avail as Jesus will destroy them. Currently, the Organization of Islamic Corporations are meeting in regards of Jerusalem becoming Israel's capital. This will lead to the league which the Bible say the antichrist will form.

Pls, study well. Islam and Allah are the antichrist
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 6:15am On Dec 24, 2017
Saverin:
Religious folks and all these their catchy phrases grin grin

bennyann sweetheart cheesy

Onyenze123... Am I right?
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Saverin: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2017
bennyann:

Onyenze123... Am I right?

Yes Darling
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by hopefulLandlord: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2017
Saverin:

Yes Darling
why did you deactivate?
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Saverin: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

why did you deactivate?

Reincarnation cheesy
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by bennyann: 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2017
Saverin:

Yes Darling

cheesy now it's stuck in my memory.
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Kobojunkie: 3:47am On Aug 04, 2023
bennyann:
I was going through the book of Matthew when I noticed "the abomination of desolation" in the 15th verse of the 24th chapter.
“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—
Mt 24:15 NIV
And my Bible referred me to the book of Daniel:
He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him. ”
Daniel 9:27 NIV[b]“His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation.[/b]
Daniel 11:31 NIV
“From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.
Daniel 12:11 NIV
There are various abominations in the Bible but which one is the abomination that causes desolation?
Any theologians in the house? . Please anyone who can help embarassed
It is the Roman army that surrounded God's Jerusalem during the 1 century AD undecided
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Kobojunkie: 3:59am On Aug 04, 2023
alBHAGDADI:
The abomination of desolation will be caused by the Islamic Mahdi aka Antichrist. This desolation is most likely to be the image of the beast which this Antichrist will place on the temple mount after his soldiers have destroyed the temple.
According to the Prophets, it is rather the army that surrounded Jerusalem in the first century AD, the Roman army. undecided
Re: What Is The Abomination That Causes Desolation? by Kobojunkie: 4:00am On Aug 04, 2023
enshy:
No sir. The Jews will have had control over their Temple because they will be offering sacrifices at the time since there would be no more Grace, Prophets nor Prayers to be heard...Heaven is locked at the period.
The Anti Christ will then be able deceive the Jews with signs and lying wonders thinking he is sent from God until he reveals himself as Anti Christ.
The events took place over 1900 years ago. And will not be a repeat of it all in the future. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lady Without Both Hands And Legs Leading Worship In Church / Pls Help Me With Christian Music Websites / The Mayor Of Dorval In Quebec, Canada Responded To The Muslim Community There Wh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.