Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? (25585 Views)

Quitting My Lucrative Job For A Degree In Canada / Story Of A Graduate With A Pass... / If You Could Try Out Any Job For One Week, What Job Would You Choose To Try? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by property123: 2:47pm On Mar 20, 2017
0ubenji:
it had berra not be a Ponzi scheme or bet9ja group..
I mean no offence..juz saying

I have never associated myself with any form of Ponzi scheme. Ponzi scheme are for the gullible ones.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by thunderbabs: 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

UPPER 2ND CLASS BIOCHEMISTRY, 2006

BiafranbushBoy......This your i.d sef na pass... grin
Dont mess with a 2nd class Upper BioChem graduate ooo....pass for math/stat? What did dt person do with his life at school.

Very good course, bad grade
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Sunbellar: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:
Good day y'all. I'm a fresh graduate of Unilag with a pass degree. I studied mathematics and statistics. Any idea what type of job I can do with my certificate. Serious ideas pls...
I hate the demons in your village. They are very wicked!
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by marshmonii: 2:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
i graduated with a third class but i ve used the same result to work in a commercial bank for two years and i ve earned a good salary simply because i decided to work very hard, infact as we speak i have not even done PGD yet but my monthly net is almost 150k, think outside the box bro, do not give up, i was given an aptitude test with even those that graduated with 2nd class but i came out as one of the best, dont mind whatever people will tell you just keep working hard...

6 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by LawdOfNairaland: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
myking95:

So that is why you are proud? Remember that sole Soyinka graduated with a 3rd class degree from UNN but went to London and distinguished himself in his next degree . I have younger colleagues who struggled throught secondary school days and were backwards academically...but is on a good 2:1 in school civil engineering. That dude had to pay prices of resilience and hard study...I even taught him physics against jamb...but the dude is an authority in his department today.
No one is dumb, some are just in serious, some give up easily, some are just disadvantaged by the system... their mind processes don't conform with conventional education practices...but with determination they could be outstanding like the Edisons and Einstein's.
@OP it might be ur calling might be business or something else, get practical skills, ICT skills..if u are a true mathematician...not LA cram LA pour...what stopped u from studying maths in depth and use it to solve problems? Combine that with good ICT programming skills and u can be a bad ass software developer. Can unused MATLAB? I'm a 2:1 recent graduate of petroleum engineering and I'm learning mathematics in depthly all over again from linear algebra to stochastic processes so I can be well equipped to be a solution provider both within and outside my field (I'm a sucker for knowledge and its practical application).
Above all involve God in your life..developnyour mindset, handle all.spiritual issues and serve God.
Don't get confused by the system..develop yourself...and be more serious this time. See you at the top

Soyinka did not finish with a 3rd class degree. He also never attended UNN. He did two years at University College, Ibadan and two years at Leeds!!! I can't say if he had other degrees but he had hoped to get an MA from Leeds. I am not sure if he got it!!!
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Gaxx01(m): 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

Biochem is not for the lily-livered. first class is rare even in west. it takes some highly wired brain to get it. Quote me anywhere.

I graduated with a first class in Biochemistry, currently in full scholarship.. Akamu like u, come n beat me!
With ur bs ego

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
PaulKillerman:
A desk officer in a pool office .

You're one mean guy grin

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by rejosom(m): 2:52pm On Mar 20, 2017
pm me
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Chukwumeremeze(m): 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nusaf:

Pls go back to that school and request for a refund.

This is the order of the words describing that grade;

"Second Class Honour, Upper Division"

grin grin grin

You made my day bro. cool

I was wondering whether no one observed the glaring grammatical blunders in his sentences. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by clifftop: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

If I may asked your achievements since 2006 with the 2:1 that one or two pass in that 2006.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by spaggyy(m): 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

Now I see why u lacked some morals
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by cecegorz(m): 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:
Good day y'all. I'm a fresh graduate of Unilag with a pass degree. I studied mathematics and statistics. Any idea what type of job I can do with my certificate. Serious ideas pls...

Forget your Certificate for now.
Pursue ICAN or ACCA with immeditae alacrity. Thank me later when you qualify...
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Adiwana: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2017
Nusaf:

Pls go back to that school and request for a refund.

This is the order of the words describing that grade;

"Second Class Honour, Upper Division"

grin grin grin
This is so childish&people who have low self esteem or poor results like OP will like your comment.Doesn't matter how he puts,the main thing here is he passed a messagr and u got it
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2017
Bro, I graduated with a second class upper in computer science and I've never used it. it's in a box somewhere in my family home.

You need to rise above the perception that a degree is what makes a man.

2 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Mykbillz(m): 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

nigeriancritic1 i swear you didn't and never saw the four walls of a tertiary institution, Boichemistry shebi na em you study
Oya falling hand mode is here because that's my field too

You are an Alumni of..........
what's your current practice specialty

you finish with Upper 2nd class abi, the way you position the words don fall your hand, 2ND CLASS UPPER IDIOT

Now on a scale of 5.00 whats your cpga

Upload am make we see, i go show you my own

if you show face for univ, you for no open your useless mouth water down person degree, make i see how far you go reach for this life

Zuckerberg wey no get degree no better than your entire family generation.

3 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by highbee02: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:

c ur lyf...... "UPPER 2ND CLASS"

3 Likes

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by joinnow: 3:00pm On Mar 20, 2017
Forex trader
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Mykbillz(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
highbee02:

c ur lyf...... "UPPER 2ND CLASS"

Never mind the idiot,

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by rhymesnoni(m): 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
ogbeni!!! success z nt by academic performance oo. bt pray nd be optimistic.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Jandedmart: 3:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
Accountant at a sport bet shop
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by nijabazaar: 3:07pm On Mar 20, 2017
nigeriancritic1:
And u have discovered d cure of Autism with it, right?
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by iluvpomo(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Nop, because mine is first class Engineering! So keep calm and be loyal!
nice, which engineering btw?
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by chloride6: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:

Don't see your grade as a sign of failure. See it as a validation of your path in life.

Consider this,,

A guy leaves graduate with 2.1. He has two options, get a desk job or be an entrepreneur,

Some take the former and do very well, some take the later and do very well too.

However the point remains that some guys even with their first class and 2.1 will still be entrepreneurs and be very successful at it.

Meaning that even if you graduated with that first class, making the choice to be an entrepreneur was still a very viable choice.

If you keep this in mind, you will be full of confidence.

You even have an advantage. Compared to the first class and 2.1 holders, you are should be more focused.

The first class and 2.1 holders will deliberate and deliberate wasting time. Some will even go for Ph.D then still come back to the same entrepreneurship. By that time you have made up your mind.

I beg you in the name of God, don't let this drop your confidence. If you do, you are dead!

Think about this, guys with no university education come to lagos hustle and make it. Those guys are full of confidence when you meet them.

So why should you go to school and be physiologically punished for it?

What if you were one of those guys? Abeg, keep your confidence full.

Do you have any skills? if you do, start freelancing. Man needs to keep body and soul together.

If you haven't had your convocation yet, hurry to the University of Ibadan, there is a TEP 10 programme going on there at massive student discount. Find more info about TEP 10 online. The skills are in demand if you know it well.

You could keep travelling out of the country as an option too its not bad, even the first class and 2.1 guys run away.

Start an online store on Konga or Jumia, who know you may hit it big.

That masters thing eh? If the reason you didn't do as well in your first degree is really because you couldn't catch up, shey na Masters you go catch up?

If you have a flair for construction, look around for a construction company, offer your time for free!

Yes i said free! Make sure you go to site sha not sit in office. What you will gain eh? In a short while you may be getting jobs yourself.

Infact if you can sustain yourself, work for free.

If you like accounting, do ICAN.

or the professional NSE exam.

But most importantly, never look down at your self. It may be hard, but trust me, that is the only determinant to your success.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by shine12: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2017
Data Analyst
Machine learning jobs if you know how to program
Business Analyst
Software Developer

OR a MSc in computer Science/Data Science

The list goes on.

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by boluwaay(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2017
Please do not let your grade limit the level you can go in life, rather let it be what will spring you forth to achieving and getting better than your mates.
If you want to still pursue career lines and fund is not an issue, i will advice you apply for some professional programmes depending on your area of interest and some even have affiliations with some foreign institutions and if well pursued, i bet you'll come out better.
however, as earlier advised, you can consider developing skills in other areas but most important....DO NOT LET YOUR CURRENT GRADE LIMIT YOU. THERE'S A LOT YOU CAN BECOME. SEE YOU AT THE TOP BRO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Mouthgag: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:
Nursery school maths teacher.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2017
unclezuma:
Op congratulations on graduating from the University. You have one of the most sort after degrees...due to the nature of your grade, you'd have to further your education with a PGDip then get as much Data Analysis/Big Data Knowledge as you can carry.
Thank me later.

Unlcezuma can we chat about Data Analysis/Big data market in Naija?
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by jbcul4ril(m): 3:18pm On Mar 20, 2017
Banking, National Bureau for Statistic, entrepreneur
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by fullz: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
I understand your pains bro. after mth 110,120, 240,,340, 410,etc...
if you can, go back to school for a simpler course. The ordinary differential equations you learnt didn't waste.
Get a jamb form, and go back to school.
or, go learn some computer skills like programming, repairs etc.
Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by chaiks: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2017
please folks,am down frustrated here with a 2.1 (4.49cgpa ) in international relations_history. I v been submitting my resume to some emails in hot ng jobs.but no show yet.to mk matters worse,am in Onitsha which is not an industrial city like Lagos.please wat do you suggest I do bf man die here.

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by tobiasbeecher: 3:24pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:

Thanks bro. Can I apply for masters in Nigeria with my degree?
Bro, forget it no Nigerian university will accept you for masters even PGD will be very very difficult. Just look for something to do that doesn't require your degree. You can go into business now and later you can do another degree. A pass is as good as nothing!

1 Like

Re: What Job Can I Get With A Pass Degree In Maths/Statistics? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2017
joshboss:
FCSC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohammed Abubakar, Former Aircraft Cleaner Set To Become Captain 24 Years After / Working In Abuja Vs Lagos / Female Boss or Male Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.