Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day (22500 Views)

"3 Weeks After Reporting A Much Older Coworker, I Was Fired From My Job" - Lady / He Was Fired After Performing An "Impossible" Task / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by alsudaes1(m): 8:27am On Mar 18, 2017
wahles:
Thats cruel
Very Cruel sad
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Whizsam(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2017
That exist when the injection of bureaucracy is misused by Men..... God bless the Webberian Theorist... Max Webber

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Harinholar(f): 8:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Hummm.... Nigeria experience......God wll provide you the best
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2017
kenerek:
Your resume/CV is the first thing your potential employer uses to access you. If you have a first class but your CV is poorly written your potential will doubt your true ability. (May feel you either bought your result or the standard of the school you attended is poor). People want jobs yet what they carry around are poorly written CVs. N3500 can not be compared to the opportunity a well written will avail you with.You cannot eat your cake and have it
u dey market urself
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by loomer: 8:30am On Mar 18, 2017
How much them dey pay you wey dem want make you die put?
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by godswillzeky(m): 8:33am On Mar 18, 2017
VISIT THIS BLOG TO GET TUTORIALS ON HOW TO DO ANY THING: https://zekylcious..co.ke/?m=1
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Sibe007(m): 8:34am On Mar 18, 2017
Assumption is the least form of knowledge. Do not assume yet. Have you received the sack letter yet? It will clearly state where and how you wronged the company.

Its also not the end of the World
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by prisiliveth: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2017
watin my eyes don see for private schools, my big mouth no fit talk am finish.u could have called them immediately u were admitted. God provide another one for u
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Ifecoded(m): 8:38am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:
Its my first time working officially after Nysc, so I don't no if it's a crime to fall sick?

I fell sick(Malaria) on Wednesday around 9am@work,was able to manage myself till 1:30pm when my colleagues told me to go home when I couldn't cope. Got permission from the school's HM and left;was admitted at the hospital so I couldn't go to work yesterday but went today aganist the doctor 's advice that I still need to rest. Got to work today and was told that I was fired because I fell sick and was absent for a day & half.

My Question is, Is it a crime to fall sick when employed?
This just showed you that, God's plan for you is bigger than where you are....
It's gna be part of ur success story.
Forget them asap
Happy buyday to me o...
Show some love peeps

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by dannythethug: 8:38am On Mar 18, 2017
Whizsam:
That exist when the injection of bureaucracy is misused by Men..... God bless the Webberian Theorist... Max Webber

God bless Tupac too..
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by ksbusari(m): 8:39am On Mar 18, 2017
she I Na Private schl? some r full of shit
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Kobicove(m): 8:40am On Mar 18, 2017
You were fired for another reason...your missing school due to illness was just the excuse the school needed
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by ipobarecriminals: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2017
u better thank God
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 18, 2017
Hello, Mr.............you were not sacked because of the illness,you were sacked because of something else, but the illness gave the opportunity to carry out the sack......Either they don't like you or they feel you're not valuable to them, because there are other teachers that would fall sick for one month and when they come back, they'd be celebrated and welcomed back, because those teachers are indispensable, Question is : Are you indispensable to the school?
I speak from experience, trust me....That's how schools are.
They look for little opportunities to get rid of teachers they don't like.
And left to me: Don't even go and beg or explain, it's no use, God is loving and faithful, a better job is coming, this was to prepare you.

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by gabbytabby: 8:43am On Mar 18, 2017
Schools are usually a special situation since if they do not have adequate cover arrangements there would be a class of students left unattended and not being educated. Is it possible that you need to call the second day at a particular time to let them know you are not coming in for that day. I would think most schools would have such arrangements in place so that they can make cover arrangements.

Often times in the initial months employers do not want you to be absent. Try go back to meet the proprietor to see if they have a change of heart. Goodluck.

would
HonOlagrace:

#smiles That was the reason I was given except if they have another reason they chose not to disclose to me+i signed out properly that day.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2017
Just search for another job or better still be self employed.
However,next time go back with hospital report
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by SOPIGO: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2017
potent5:
Sue the bastard. Wettin lawyers dey do sef?
sue the bastard defend the idiot
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by sexysegxy: 8:50am On Mar 18, 2017
You started a work officially after your NYSC,.........
So you never even work up to two days then was sacked.
Thank God Buhari is back, he must hear this.........
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by bsideboii(m): 8:51am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:
Its my first time working officially after Nysc, so I don't no if it's a crime to fall sick?

I fell sick(Malaria) on Wednesday around 9am@work,was able to manage myself till 1:30pm when my colleagues told me to go home when I couldn't cope. Got permission from the school's HM and left;was admitted at the hospital so I couldn't go to work yesterday but went today aganist the doctor 's advice that I still need to rest. Got to work today and was told that I was fired because I fell sick and was absent for a day & half.

I guess the management have been looking for a way to down size or reduce running cost and your illness gave them a perfect (weak tho) excuse.You will get something better soonest.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by eyinjuege: 8:52am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:

#smiles That was the reason I was given except if they have another reason they chose not to disclose to me+i signed out properly that day.

Did you send a message to the school when you were in hospital? You should have called them or sent someone to them that you were on admission. Ideally, your employees should be told if you're not showing up for work
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by sirusX(m): 8:53am On Mar 18, 2017
oseka101:
lolz might just be part of the school policy if ur going to fall sick you should notify them like two weeks before time...... grin grin
Kai...you no serious grin

@ HonOlagrace ...maybe they thought you were trying to ditch them for another place with the excuse of being sick

OR...maybe they had a connect waiting in line for someone to fvckup

Look on the bright side...every disappointment is a blessing...when people close one door, God opens a bigger one for you

3 Likes

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Jones4190(m): 8:54am On Mar 18, 2017
Some years back my boss fire me for being late at work, I thank Him and left with the hope to leaning something else. Within six mouth I lean how to repear both fuel and diesel genarator. I now earn three times better than the salary he use to pay me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Ehinmola(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2017
Do you have their appointment letter?. If yes, what are you waiting for?. Sue the school and get your claims. That will teach them the bitter lessons of their life.

2 Likes

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by vislabraye(m): 8:57am On Mar 18, 2017
HonOlagrace:

They're not worth working for. To hell with some of these private organisations.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Bills2307(m): 9:01am On Mar 18, 2017
SOPIGO:
sue the bastard defend the idiot
sueing self no be today matter o. All her savings fit finish 4 dat one. Make she just fashi am, better ones on d way I pray.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Slimszy: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2017
They are bastards...especially all these mushroom schools... Decode the message.. U deserve a better place
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Zetra(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2017
They don't care after all if they sack everybody tomorrow other people will take the job even with a lower pay.

All those saying he didn't do this/that,
know that some private school you should not fall ill, you can't do home-lesson with their student, if they find out its - dismissal,
you come to work on Saturdays/Sunday and you will be informed on Friday(so your weekend plans is shattered), failure is minus N1000 (in their mind, shey we are paying you monthly).
pension is must (if you were fired - you won't be paid), tax is must (if they remit it is not your business) Salary N20k-N45k
You ask/challenge a decision in school-meeting you know would even affect the student you are given query / threaten with sack
Some Private school Owners/Admin are gods...

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by hakyma(m): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2017
U haven't done anytin wrong. atleast u no be robot. well deir disappointment may lead to a beta appointment.
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by beautiful232(f): 9:19am On Mar 18, 2017
the job was not meant for you,something bigger and better is coming your way,relax
Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Zetra(m): 9:20am On Mar 18, 2017
oseka101:
lolz might just be part of the school policy if ur going to fall sick you should notify them like two weeks before time...... grin grin

GBAM

for those seeking to teach in a private school read the letter very well, ask questions from insider or around before you sign the appointment letter because it's better you don't sign, because you can't resign immediate, they will refuse to accept it, you may have to pay them or work for free for a month before you can leave

1 Like

Re: I Fell Sick For A Day And Was Fired The Next Day by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 18, 2017
Gmajor:
sue them
With which money? Is hiring a lawyer free?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Skill Can I Learn With N20,000 / My Experience At A Retail Store Today / Achigili Raph Ogili: How FRSC Official Forged UNIABUJA Certificate For Promotion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.