Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope (12153 Views)

Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos / Man Destroys His Own House Because His First Wife Refused To Pack Out / My Husband Has Refused To Pay Back A N5m Loan I Got For Him – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by sisisioge: 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2017
Hope the little man is thriving ... Came to give him a hug. Well done daddy, well done people embarassed May God do wonders in his life and the lives of others that need it.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by BobbyDean(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2017
GogetterMD:

Because I'm a medical doctor sir, albeit majoring in infectious diseases. But that don't mean I don't have a fair knowledge of many diseases, that is normal
ok
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 9:15pm On Apr 28, 2017
SirVintageCock:
this is a great and important pointer to what is going on to your child.
From what you wrote it seems he had fetal distress as a result of the prolonged labour which prompted the medical teams to admit him for six days. Fetal distress and hypoxia causes lack of oxygen in the brain tissues and leads to conditions like asphyxia at birth and other effects like hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), seizures, permanent brain damage and long-term conditions such as cerebral palsy, developmental delays and disabilities.
Please get to a child psychiatrist and neurologist.
Take care of your child and your family sir. Be blessed.

Yea...very true.

The child probably has celebral palsy caused by permanent brain damage due to lack of oxygen
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 9:38pm On Apr 28, 2017
bebe2:

Pls share the names of the medications,

Unless he is violent or attention deficit, I don't see why he needs to be medicated.

My son is autistic, we have never had medication just therapy. He started to thrive from the age 5, pls concentrate more on the therapy , sign language, pecs I.e picture cards for communication. And pls don't Beat him, if u add violence to his condition, it will get out of control. Pm me pls

Hmmm....

What kind of card for communications are you talking about?
Cos i have a case in my house too...
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by bebe2(f): 10:16pm On Apr 28, 2017
munas:

Hmmm....

They are called pecs.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by bebe2(f): 10:33pm On Apr 28, 2017
munas:

Hmmm....

U cut them into squares and laminate it, put it on a pin and pin to whatever u wearing.

So if the child is shouting, u just him the the no shouting picture, u can also verbalise it. It's not magic but Eventually he will start to associate that very sign with being quiet.

Say he wants a cookie, u show him the cookie picture, soon he will start selecting wat he wants from all the pictures, also make sure he points to to wat he wants. Keep pointing to stuff, he will soon start to copy u.

Then play is very important, not just with peers, but with mum or dad.

Sit on the floor with toy, and let him lead, if he wants to throw balls join in. If he wants to zoom a car around the room join in but keep verbalising ball, yes ball . Car zooooommmm , no too much talk, one or two words, it's a slow process but wen it clicks progress picks up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 2:09am On Apr 29, 2017
GogetterMD:

Dear Mr OxygenPressure, hope you do realise that HBOT is not a gbogbonise? While it is effective as a monotherapy for decompression sickness, air embolism, and CO poisoning, there's no evidence that HBOT as a monotherapy is effective for other causes

The information you give here is misleading to all and will not help the patient.

There are thousands of research work done on HBOT and you never bothered to check. Why now? There are more research work done on hbot than in any other field of medicine.

Where is it written that hbot is 'gbogbonishe'?
Where is it written that there are no proofs for what is written in my post.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 2:24am On Apr 29, 2017
freshbear:
do u operate in d north precisely KD?.your piece is quite educative.

Thanks for taking the time to study the post. If you need more info we can still chat or talk or you brows it. HBOT is a life saver and can be a treatment of last resort when used under the supervision of a physician with the correct chamber using 100% oxygen.

We are in Port Harcourt.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by GogetterMD(m): 6:04am On Apr 29, 2017
oxypress:

The information you give here is misleading to all and will not help the patient.

There are thousands of research work done on HBOT and you never bothered to check. Why now? There are more research work done on hbot than in any other field of medicine.

Where is it written that hbot is 'gbogbonishe'?
Where is it written that there are no proofs for what is written in my post.

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 7:08am On Apr 29, 2017
bebe2:

U cut them into squares and laminate it, put it on a pin and pin to whatever u wearing.

So if the child is shouting, u just him the the no shouting picture, u can also verbalise it. It's not magic but Eventually he will start to associate that very sign with being quiet.

Say he wants a cookie, u show him the cookie picture, soon he will start selecting wat he wants from all the pictures, also make sure he points to to wat he wants. Keep pointing to stuff, he will soon start to copy u.

Then play is very important, not just with peers, but with mum or dad.

Sit on the floor with toy, and let him lead, if he wants to throw balls join in. If he wants to zoom a car around the room join in but keep verbalising ball, yes ball . Car zooooommmm , no too much talk, one or two words, it's a slow process but wen it clicks progress picks up.

wow...

Thanks.I will get the cards.
Seems you work with children with challanges.
Are you located in lagos?
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by bebe2(f): 10:30am On Apr 29, 2017
munas:

wow...

Thanks.I will get the cards.
Seems you work with children with challanges.
Are you located in lagos?

No, I have an autistic son , he is 13yrs so we have gone thru the dark days.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by sunnymighty(m): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2017
oxypress:

From the informstion garthered surrounding the the condition of your child the first diagnosis is Cerebral palsy. The seconnd is Traumatic Brain Injury because of the fall from the storey building. The second injury complicates the first one.

Do not borther looking for diagnosis. Focus on treatment. It may save you time and resourses.

What you really have to do now is to consider the use of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (hbot). That is the best you can do for him to salvage the condition. The best facilities in the country will only offer Physiotherapy, Speech therapy, Neuropsychiatric, Pediatric and Laboratory referals. All these are limited and may not contribute to healing of the childs brain except they refer to hbot if they have the knowledge. We are ready to work with them.

HBOT has a very great potential to heal the brain. Its effects on the brain far exceeds anything that can be offered in the usual conventional medical practice. Because of the efficasy of hbot you begin to see improvement on daily basis. We know what we say because this is what we do.

People come with various suggestions, discard them because they will not add healing to the brain. They waste your time and resourses.

Your child has suffered brain damage due to hypoxia which is a low oxygen supply to the brain, because blood supply to some parts of the brain has been compromised. The blood tranports oxygen and nutrients through a network of blood vessels.

HBOT facilitates the builing of new blood vessels, it repaires damaged nerve tissues, it regenerates new neurones to replace dead ones by the effect of stem cells, it regulates the metabolic systems in the nerve tissues. There is no drug in medical practice that can achieve all these in one package.

This is the information you need. If we stepped on any ones toes please forgive. But this is the thruth, we have to say it wether it is affordable or not.

There is no better or safer way to send oxygen to the brain than hbot. It is for this reason even the teaching hospitals are helpless in treating people with brain damage.

Search for: hbot and brain damage, hbot and traumatic brain injury, hbot and tbi, hbot and post concussion syndrom. Then check on youtube videos.

Check on our writeups on nairaland /health.

HBOT Providers, in Port Harcourt

So in all that the OP wrote U can diagnose CP isn't? Oga create another thread if U are here to advertise ur products dnt misinform people.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 2:40pm On Apr 29, 2017
sunnymighty:

So in all that the OP wrote U can diagnose CP isn't? Oga create another thread if U are here to advertise ur products dnt misinform people.

His diagnosis is perfectly right....
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2017
bebe2:

No, I have an autistic son , he is 13yrs so we have gone thru the dark days.

Hmm....thats serious.
The lord is our strength
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by bebe2(f): 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2017
munas:

Hmm....thats serious.
The lord is our strength

grin amen ooo
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by homeboy33(f): 7:03am On Apr 30, 2017
Hi Yemi,
I also wanted to encourage you regarding your son. It's great you are seeking all the help you can for him and he's really blessed to have a such good dad. I actually know exactly what you are going through as I have a son that yours sounds a lot like(mine is also 3 years old). He has been diagnosed with autism and is receiving therapy. He is improving and we are very hopeful that by the grace of God he will improve more with time. I would suggest you see a developmental pediatrician, they would be able to do an assessment, provide a diagnosis if any and make recommendation on the best course of action. I know how draining the situation can be emotionally, financially and in so many other ways, but hang in there. Your son will get better, you just keep fighting for him!
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by sunnymighty(m): 7:56am On Apr 30, 2017
munas:

His diagnosis is perfectly right....

Oga in as much as he hasn't seen the child in question, U can't say his diagnosis is right, let's avoid labelling. Autism is a Spectrum remember!

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 10:58am On Apr 30, 2017
sunnymighty:

Oga in as much as he hasn't seen the child in question, U can't say his diagnosis is right, let's avoid labelling. Autism is a Spectrum remember!

No need to see the child...
I have similar case and i know the presentation.

He did not say the child is autistic.

From what his father the OP said about the birth history of the child,its simply celeberal palsy with either quadriplegia or hemiplegia
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by jieta: 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2017
shaybebaby:

My son was in nappies till 3 months before his fifth birthday.
It didn't bother me, he is autistic. Whilst my peers were potty training their kids, I focussed on giving him the skills he would need should he ever become ready.

I used hand on hand encouragement to teach him to pull his trousers down.
I by passed potty and would sit him in the loo even if it was for 2 secs. To get him used to it.

I let him watch me( kids on the spectrum are very visual learners) whilst I used the loo.

All these I did without actually trying to get him out of nappies.

Im not very good at typing,(lazy) but send your digits and I'll add you up.

He can make progress but he is going to need his parents every step of the way.
you are a strong woman.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
sunnymighty:

What is telemedicine?
So one will travel to Lagos and back, after one day at the hotel, to make a diagnosis. What is communications for?

Cost it and appreciate the benefit to the patient all for free.
Imagine patient moving all over the big hospitals in Lagos, with all the stress and expenses just to get a diagnosis.
Without a correct diagnosis treatment never start o!, because you will be throwing scarce resourses in the gutter.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 6:29pm On Apr 30, 2017
sunnymighty:

What is telemedicine?
So one will travel to Lagos and back, after one day at the hotel, to make a diagnosis. What is communications for?

Cost it and appreciate the benefit to the patient all for free.
Imagine patient moving all over the big hospitals in Lagos, with all the stress and expenses just to get a diagnosis.
Without a correct diagnosis treatment never start o!, because you will throwing scarce resourses in the gutter.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2017
munas:

No need to see the child...
I have similar case and i know the presentation.

He did not say the child is autistic.

From what his father the OP said about the birth history of the child,its simply celeberal palsy with either quadriplegia or hemiplegia
I appreciate your brilliant responce. May your days be long. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2017
GogetterMD:

In the HBOT community the photocopy you pasted here is obsolete and of no value to anybody.

Show us the source and I will provide evidence to prove you wrong and let you know how sinister the producers and propagators are.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by GogetterMD(m): 8:23pm On Apr 30, 2017
oxypress:

In the HBOT community the photocopy you pasted here is obsolete and of no value to anybody.

Show us the source and I will provide evidence to prove you wrong and let you know how sinister the producers and propagators are.
You show me your source and evidence of HBOT having cured the listed ailments
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by stevecantrell: 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2017
yemi1261:
I write this piece with sadness simply because I am currently passing through a serious challenge that has really affected negatively . I have spent the little I have, even have to borrow over the issue. God knows I don't have the strength to face it owing to the fact that am a low income earner even though am a graduate
I became a father 3 years ago, meaning I have a child of 3 years, yes, he is a boy!, but he had just refused to grow. Not physically but mentally. I don't know what to call this
My son of exactly three years has refused to talk, he behaves like a 3 months old baby, he does not respond to any command, plays with his faeces anytime he defecates. He can even start eating it if no one is around. This boy am talking about does not give or show any if he wants to urinate, eat or defecate. If you place food before him to eat, he will just scatter it on the floor. This behavior became a major source of concern to everyone in the neighborhood.infact, the mother is almost going crazy right now as she has lost interest in virtually everything. We have taken him to several places for possible solution most especially hospitals, they referred us to psychiatric hospital on several occasions, my house is full of so many brain test results. All the drugs prescribed are strictly followed but no results. Honestly, this boy's attitude irritates me each time he misbehaves. I put him in school whether he will improve, I also hired a private home teacher to help but all to no avail. I see his age mates around, they don't behave like that. Am completely devastated. I have spent everything I have just to get this boy well. Please anyone that know what I can do next because am tired.

Have you screened him for autism spectrum disorder ?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by Nobody: 8:12am On May 01, 2017
Op he is autistic
Very known common problem here.
He may be on the lower end of the spectrum cause a 3,he should be able to do two to three words.

It will get harder but if you want him to have a life you hav to start the ground work now .
1),speech therapy - this is the first step and most important if you can establish communication trust me it will get easier .
2),social and mobility skill .. U need children who play talk etc around him 24/7,or a sibling this helps them gradually become less shy .

Trust me he can talk he understands everything just needs a lot of help to unlock it .

Op what about his diet is he on b12,supplements ? Read about it you find all the symptoms u describe as a deficiency of that vitamin too

Worked with children with learning and speech difficulty if u need help holla have a book on Autism which helps and will make u understand.he should not be medicated just know data a wrong diagnosis n what u give him doing more damage

Judging by ur post his on the lower spectrum some don't speak till 5,and when they do its amazing but start the therapy now !
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by Nobody: 8:13am On May 01, 2017
sunnymighty:

It is Autism
I can tell op thing his son does.and he will be amazed .

Read smiley
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by munas: 9:28am On May 01, 2017
Bumbae1:
Op he is autistic
Very known common problem here.
He may be on the lower end of the spectrum cause a 3,he should be able to do two to three words.

It will get harder but if you want him to have a life you hav to start the ground work now .
1),speech therapy - this is the first step and most important if you can establish communication trust me it will get easier .
2),social and mobility skill .. U need children who play talk etc around him 24/7,or a sibling this helps them gradually become less shy .

Trust me he can talk he understands everything just needs a lot of help to unlock it .

Op what about his diet is he on b12,supplements ? Read about it you find all the symptoms u describe as a deficiency of that vitamin too

Worked with children with learning and speech difficulty if u need help holla have a book on Autism which helps and will make u understand.he should not be medicated just know data a wrong diagnosis n what u give him doing more damage

Judging by ur post his on the lower spectrum some don't speak till 5,and when they do its amazing but start the therapy now !

That child has nothing to do with been autistic...

Read what the father said about the birth hsitory of the child.

He is simply suffering from celeberal palsy...cause by brain damage due to lack of oxygen during birth
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 5:50pm On May 02, 2017
BobbyDean:
what's your subspeciality
By tracking their posts it is easy to detect fake doctors here. It is easy to read and post article here even when you are not what you say you are. Most of them sound friendly with their writeups. But they have no capacity to sit down and write after an initial confrontation. They can 'dodge bullets'. Beware of everyone here.Even at the workplace the fakes are extraordinarily friendly and liked by patients. Thats how they survive being detected.
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by BobbyDean(m): 8:30pm On May 02, 2017
oxypress:

By tracking their posts it is easy to detect fake doctors here. It is easy to read and post article here even when you are not what you say you are. Most of them sound friendly with their writeups. But they have no capacity to sit down and write after an initial confrontation. They can 'dodge bullets'. Beware of everyone here.Even at the workplace the fakes are extraordinarily friendly and liked by patients. Thats how they survive being detected.
im glad someone noticed smth was wrong. You must be in this line of job to notice or just a keen observer?
Re: Help, My Son Has Refused To Develope by oxypress: 11:42pm On May 02, 2017
BobbyDean:
im glad someone noticed smth was wrong. You must be in this line of job to notice or just a keen observer?

This is our line of duty. While we need to water down the language for all to understand we can always spot the language of the fakes.. They delve into issues far above their competence. In a book of 1000 pages they cannot exeed page one. In my years of practice I have never heard any qualified doctor using such an antiquated language.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures / Chimamanda Adichie: A Crude Brand Of Feminism / What Age Is The Right Age To Have A Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.