Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

"mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! (1546 Views)

Poll: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote.

Yes: 42% (6 votes)
No: 42% (6 votes)
Whatever: 14% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

How Do You Cope During A Boring Church Service? / Boring Boring Higgs Boson / Please Vote - Who Is A Tither? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 8:51pm On Dec 19, 2009
I have been on NL for less than 2 months. I always try to improve upon myself, so I'm throwing open this honesty thread, following Tudor's advice on https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-368196.0.html#msg5148215 :

As Tudor said,

Your Posts are unnecessarily long and boring. . . .conduct a poll and you'd find out most pple think so too. . .

It wouldn't kill you present thoughts/ideas in short and clear terms. This is a social networking discussion forum and not a site for your theisis.

I still think your auxilliary bible courses were a waste of time, a single class in human communication woulda changed your life for the better.

What do you really think about my method of info presentation in my posts?

Please vote, and (all kinds of) comments are also very welcome.

Thanks.

-Maven

P.S> My previous ID is currently unable to post, due to an allegation of spamming the forum. I am using this until that is resolved. Thanks.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by manmustwac(m): 9:45pm On Dec 19, 2009
Yes your posts are to long, and most times i don't even bother to read them or if i do i just skim through them and that goes for others who write long posts to. Why did u change your user i d?
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Tudor6(f): 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2009
^^
Thank you bro. . .pls tell her.

People come here to learn and have fun not to get a diploma.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 10:00pm On Dec 19, 2009
@manmustwac: Thanks for your comment.

Mavenb0x:

P.S> My previous ID is currently unable to post, due to an allegation of spamming the forum. I am using this until that is resolved. Thanks.

I never posted spam, it must have been an error. Then I opened a Get Satisfaction ticket but I have not yet gotten any response.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by candylips(m): 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2009
sorry o mavenbox
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2009
@Candylips: LOL, my name is Maven. Don't ask what the box is about. LOL.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by noetic15(m): 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2009
@ OP

If I were u, I would not be bothered. peoples opinion does not define you. . . .it only expresses what they see. . .their view might also be beclouded. my point is dont take people\'s opinion too seriously. . . if u enjoy ur posts. . . .nothing should stop u from making them.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by candylips(m): 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2009
Mavenb0x:

@Candylips: LOL, my name is Maven. Don't ask what the box is about. LOL.

how come you choose maven. Do you use maven . just curious cheesy
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by SeanT21(f): 12:23am On Dec 20, 2009
Is this the real mavenbox?? undecided
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 12:31am On Dec 20, 2009
@Noetic: Thanks, bro smiley

@Candylips: Maven is my name. cool

@SeanT21: It's me, sis, the same person that tried to offend you within three days of joining Nairaland 'cos I was playing a prank :p

I posted something twice mistakenly, and so my posting privileges were revoked. I have appealed but no response yet, so I just re-registered with a zero instead of an o: mavenb0x. You can confirm from the signature on my previous profile: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=423534
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by SeanT21(f): 12:43am On Dec 20, 2009
awww sorry. I thought it was someone pretending to be U. wink
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by bawomolo(m): 5:39am On Dec 20, 2009
Yes they are pretty long. i stop by the first paragraph or so.

Keep it short and simple.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 5:44am On Dec 20, 2009
@SeanT21: okay dearie

@bawomolo: Thanks, but why didn't you vote?
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by KunleOshob(m): 9:25am On Dec 20, 2009
I thought you said you can never be banned grin welcome to nairaland cheesy

I think the chief writer of unnecessarily long posts often times designed to confuse is Pilgrim.1 a.k.a viaro.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by wirinet(m): 11:02am On Dec 20, 2009
noetic15:

@ OP

If I were u, I would not be bothered. peoples opinion does not define you. . . .it only expresses what they see. . .their view might also be beclouded. my point is dont take people\'s opinion too seriously. . . if u enjoy your posts. . . .nothing should stop u from making them.

Do not mind Noetic, although other's people's opinion should not define who we are, we cannot live outside of societal acceptability. it is natural to care about what other think about us. That is why people who are in the public eye pay public relation offices so much money. A bad reputation or a wrong perception can have serious consequences on all facets of our lives like our home, offices and even Nairaland (ask Becomerich). Like the saying goes; if you want to hang a dog, give it a bad name.

Now back to the topic at hand. Yes i think your posts are sometimes too long, you should realize that most people have very short attention span. You can hardly keep their attention for more than 5 mins at a time.

I think you are a matured, pleasant, intellectual but overly religious person.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by noetic15(m): 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2009
I certainly agree with wirinet\'s submission. . . , but still advise that u dont work urself out too much to please people.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by nuclearboy(m): 3:17pm On Dec 20, 2009
I think the issues you try to resolve are the culprit here. Most questions on NL now seem to me to carry a trap or mischief. Short answers oftentimes cannot cut it at the risk of you looking evasive.

More importantly (and I'd bet my nose on this) is that I think your intellect makes you look at most people as needing extra tutoring to catch your point. I think I also had that problem till I came here and found people discussing science using words I'd never heard before. Nigerians are very intelligent and very educated. Point is, the more intelligent they are, the less you need to tell them before they get your point. Anything over that and they see it as boring since you made your point eons ago (forgetting some don't get it as fast as they do).

Just do your thing but address the big brains here (the sophistication of their vocabulary will identify them) with less words. Tudor and Bawomolo are prime examples of such really intelligent people. Just consider their vocabularies. And dem plenty small here.

PS: That is also why they never get satisfied. They need complication to function
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by DeepSight(m): 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2009
Maven, just be yourself: there are over 400, 000 peeps on this forum and so you will find all sorts. If a long post inspires even just 1 person, its worth the while.

Many may be impatient, but believe me there are many quiet readers who lap it all up, get inspired and go away silently.

I'm not saying brevity is not good: am saying Just be yourself.

You are talented: and it is the prerogative of the talented to be eccentric or idiosyncratic. To hell with democracy.

That being said although i love you to bits and am broken hearted that you have consigned me to the wastebin, i do think that an excess of dogma within your propositions is also a turn-off.

One love.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by nuclearboy(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2009
DeepSight's another one of them. Notice the vocabulary? See the dis-satisfaction? grin
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 5:13pm On Dec 20, 2009
@KunleOshob: LOL I believed that if I abide by all forum rules, am satisfactorily civil, and I didn't spam I would be ok. But I never imagined that my internet connection could temporarily fluctuate, causing me to refresh and submit my post 2ce, and cause a ban for me! cheesy Thanks bro! By the way, Viaro is a guy, so I am not sure he is pilgrim, unless pilgrim was a guy in disguise (highly unlikely).

@wirinet:   cool Thanks for the advice! smiley And for the compliment, that's so nice for you to say! Sorry I haven't been so nice to you, I have a lot to learn in communication, as Tudor has said. Overly-religious (Sigh) I am not half as religious as i ought to be, as it's by their fruits you know them, and not by their many green leaves. What you can see of me right here is just many green leaves, it's in reality that you can see that my ripe fruits are not yet half-as-religious enough.  embarassed
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
@noetic: Aye, Aye, Cap'n. I catch your drift, so I'll drop anchor between your mark and wirinet's  grin

@nuclearboy: You are absolutely right on the 1st point, sir. I will adhere very well to your advice (Your 2nd point is very true, I am often thus-accused in reality). The most intelligent people I think I have met on NL so far, I met them all here on the Religion threads. You guys rock! I have learnt so much from all of you (one way or the other) and I mean it. Thanks, everyone!  wink  kiss kiss
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 5:14pm On Dec 20, 2009
@DeepSight:
If a long posts inspires even just 1 person, its worth the while. Many may be impatient, but believe me there are many quiet readers who lap it all up, get inspired and go away silently.
Yes sir! That was my perspective, but now I think I am going to be more ascetic with words  tongue
That being said although i love you to bits
Awww!!! cheesy DeepSight, you make me wish. . .  cry cry
Okay, now, let me be ascetic with words at this point  grin
and am broken hearted that you have consigned me to the wastebin, i do think that an excess of dogma within your propositions is also a turn-off.
But that's not so!  cry
I never consigned you to the bin, sir! The only people I ever did such with are Viaro, Krayola, Pastor AIO and Olabowale and we're all good now (except the last guy that still likes plaguing me, I try to ignore him). But no comment on the excess dogma, Lord DeepSight. cheesy

@Nuclearboy: LOL. You sef!!!!
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by noetic15(m): 10:13pm On Dec 20, 2009
So Deepsight has shifted his love from Jesoul to Mavenbox. . , . . i laugh in pidgin grin grin
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by VALIDATOR: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2009
Yes,your post are too difficult to read through because they are too wordy.
People's opinion matters. Why should you spend too much time and energy typing what the majority can't read through?You may have valid points but they need to read through before they appreciate your points.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by JeSoul(f): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2009
Maven,
your posts are long and many times I don't have the time to read through. But that being said stick with the good advice people have given you to just be yourself. Like I mentioned to you once, brevity and verbosity both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Noetic, it is not a problem jor . . . as long as na christian woman wey go steer him in the right direction issall good! smiley
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
@Validator: Your opinion has been validated. Thanks.

@JeSoul: You know I love you! kiss Abeg o, no let my Hunnybunny catch any of these Nairaland guys o! LOL grin I hand DeepSight and co WILLINGLY over to you and other virtuous ladies here wink
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Tudor6(f): 5:06pm On Dec 21, 2009
Why  was the poll changed? Is this some sort of fraud to make you look good?

I think the point has been passed across overwhelmingly. . .your posts are unnecessarily long and boring. pls show us some love and spare us this cruel unusual punishment.

Others like viaro and olabowale should take note.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by JeSoul(f): 5:09pm On Dec 21, 2009
Mavenb0x:

@JeSoul: You know I love you! kiss Abeg o, no let my Hunnybunny catch any of these Nairaland guys o! LOL grin I hand DeepSight and co WILLINGLY over to you and other virtuous ladies here wink
Sister Maven, this is very selfish of your bunny now cheesy doesn't the scriptures strongly encourage us to become "all things to all men that we might win some?" cheesy it is a noble cause, very noble cool
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by JeSoul(f): 5:10pm On Dec 21, 2009
Tudór:

Why was the poll changed? Is this some sort of fraud to make you look good?

I think the point has been passed across overwhelmingly. . .your posts are unnecessarily long and boring. pls show us some love and spare us this cruel unusual punishment.

Others like viaro and olabowale should take note.

Viaro is definitely the worst offender lol.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by Mavenb0x(m): 5:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
@Tudor: In case you didn't notice, all the polls on Nairaland seemed to malfunction one or two days ago, I think. It seems they were all reset or something. And thanks for voting YES again. I can see you just did. cool

@JeSoul: No be like that o. My grandma used to say (She is Yoruba) "Oun ti eniyan o ba ni je, won kii fi run-mu" i.e. Don't sniff what you won't eat. I extended the saying to "Don't eat what you won't swallow, and don't swallow what you won't digest". I know how I can be, so I try to keep detached as much as possible. grin Noble cause sha tongue
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by JeSoul(f): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
Mavenb0x:
@JeSoul: No be like that o. My grandma used to say (She is Yoruba) "Oun ti eniyan o ba ni je, won kii fi run-mu" i.e. Don't sniff what you won't eat. I extended the saying to "Don't eat what you won't swallow, and don't swallow what you won't digest". I know how I can be, so I try to keep detached as much as possible. grin Noble cause sha tongue
lol, I hear oh jare. One must be able to draw the line. There was this friend I was trying to lead right, few conversations and meetings later I thought we were making some progress. Until he asked me if I'd like to go away with him for the weekend and "talk" shocked  angry its dangerous when opposite sexes are involved.

This is why Jesus had 12 male disciples, no need to throw in a woman in there and throw all of em outta wack all in the name of false equality.
Re: "mavenbox's Posts Are Unnecessarily Long And Boring". Please Vote. Thanks! by viaro: 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2009
JeSoul:

Viaro is definitely the worst offender lol.

Hello Jesoul, if you say so. Bless you. wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Paul And Muhammad Compared / Nigerian Billionaire Pastors / Ministries, Churches And Denominations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.