Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

The Doom Of Falsehood - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Doom Of Falsehood (3499 Views)

Periscope On The Falsehood @ House On The Rock / Truth Of The Word Or Balance Of Falsehood? / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Doom Of Falsehood by MozB: 7:18am On Mar 19, 2017
[SUNDAY'S LESSON]
TOPIC: The Doom Of Falshood
MEMORY VERSE: "The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgement to be punished" (2 peter 2:9).
CENTRAL TRUTH: Since evil must pursue a sinner, the reward of falsehood is destruction.
THE AIMĀ OF THIS LESSON: To make it very clear that "no sin will go unpunished"
LESSON READING: 2PETER 2:1-11
INTRODUCTION: Today's lesson is out to unfold the ways and manner through which the false prophets operate. It assures us of God's justice in knowing how to deliver the righteous from temptations and reserving the unjust for punishment - this is seen in the three instances of God's dealing with angel and with men. It futher spell out those who will receive the like punishment; because of their life and living - Beware of falsehood!
LESSON EXPOSITION OF 2 PETER 2:1-11
=> FALSE PROPHETS DESCRIBED- 2 PETER 1:1-3: To keep us aware of the future danger and happenings, our lesson have this to say about false prophets or teacher of our times that:
1. They will privily (i.e secretly and subtly in their teachings) bring in damnable heresies by introducing some heretical doctrine which will tell lies about God.
2. They will through their teachings deny the lord that brought them because their teachings will be against him.
3. They will through their teachings bring upon themselves swift and terrible destruction.
4. Their teachings will bring many souls to their pernicious or immoral ways and doings.
5. Through their teachings, the ways of the truth will be defamed; evil spoken of and scoffed at.
6. They will be using feighed words (Good word and fairr speeches); false arguement and anything they can with the motive of getting money - coverteous - to spend upon their own lusts.
7. Because of their deeds, God's anger and judgment will no more linger and their damnation is on the way- proving that their doom is sure.
=> GOD'S STRICT ACTION TOWARD SIN- 2 PETER 2:4-8
The following are the examples of God's strict actions and righteos judgement:
1. THEN THE ANGELS WHO SINNED
* He cast them down to hell
* He delivered them into chains of darkness and doom.
* He reserved them unto judgement for their doom.
2. ON THE OLD WORLD:
* He brought in the flood upon the ungodly
* He saved Noah- the preacher of righteousness.
3. ON THE CITIES OF SODOM AND GOMORRHA:
* He condemed them with an overthrow
* He turned those cities into ashes.
* He made an example unto those who will after live ungodly
* He delivered the just 'LOT' (whose righteous soul was vexed day to day with their unglodly deeds yet he maintained his godly living).
REASONS: (i) He knows how to deliver the godly out of temptations. (ii) He also knows how to reserve the unjust to be punished in the day of judgement.
=> THE LUST OF UNCLEANLINESS 2PETER 2:9-11: The following acts and actors will be punished as the forgone example of God strict action against sin and sinners have made us to know-
1. Those that walk after the flesh.
2. Those that walk in the lust of uncleanliness by indulging in lustful desires of polluting passions.
3. Those who despise government by becoming proud to scorn all authorities.
4. Those who are presumptious and are slef willed.
5. Those who are not afraid to speak evil of dignities by scoffing and revilling the glorious ones without trembling and fear- these are those who accuse and defame charges against others wiothout being afraid to do so.
CONCLUSION: Since God is just and right in his judgments, we should always examine ourselves to see that the five mentioned acts do not operate in and through us.

1 Like

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by veekid(m): 7:36am On Mar 19, 2017
I'm gonna show this to our pastor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by juventino: 7:40am On Mar 19, 2017
Pastor J*** Sul**an on my mind. Make I code the name make the mumu followers no come over me lipsrsealed
Quote me and die by thunder angry
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 19, 2017

Christians and their plenty wahala

all the sheeple will come na and be applauding

1 Like

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Flexherbal(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2017
Taken!
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by mikegeo(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2017
Inspiring... May God give us the grace to stand in Faith.

1 Like

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Lionpikin(m): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2017
Na wah o, so una don carry sunday school reach front page for here?

1 Like

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Nobody: 7:57am On Mar 19, 2017
Apy Sunday
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Nobody: 7:59am On Mar 19, 2017
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by neonly: 8:01am On Mar 19, 2017
Good morning all except buhari grin grin grin
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by xnsandrxns: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2017
Bunch of clowns
Always confusing each other undecided

1 Like

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Pastafarian: 8:12am On Mar 19, 2017
These Christians claim to all talk to the same holy spirit but they can't even agree on anything

foursquare members point accusing fingers at Jehovah's Witnesses, Calling them evil

Jehovah's Witnesses return the favour by calling foursquare evil

both foursquare and Jehovah's Witnesses agree that Catholic church is evil

Catholic church return the favour by Calling both foursquare and witnesses evil

bunch of deluded people

1 Like

Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by Ahijo1990(m): 10:50am On Mar 19, 2017
Pastafarian:
These Christians claim to all talk to the same holy spirit but they can't even agree on anything

foursquare members point accusing fingers at Jehovah's Witnesses, Calling them evil

bunch of deluded people
Talk about the 6 blind men and the Elephant.

Religion is a delusion of massive proportions.
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by MozB: 11:13am On Mar 19, 2017
Pastafarian:

bunch of deluded people

well.. without doubt, there are lots of divisions in the christiandom. But that is not enough reason for u to use the word 'deluded'. Its just differences in dogma. Again I say there are lots of division. But let me tell you this division is only in Nigeria. Nigeria is divided and we tend to be divided in everythng. It will surprise you to know that even in catholic, jehovah's withness and the rest that you've mentioned. There is division in their midst. Even in the islamic religion, there is division as well, they've concealed it very well. There is division everywhere.
Re: The Doom Of Falsehood by MozB: 2:08pm On Mar 19, 2017
veekid:
I'm gonna show this to our pastor
wow

(1) (Reply)

CHURCH, NGO, BUSINESS Websites Design - Professional & Affordable / God Said He GAVE Wives (not A Wife) / According To Bible, How Many Son Did Abraham Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.