Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) (8925 Views)

How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car / 5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / Mechanic Killed In Adamawa As Tree Falls On His Car While He Was Working On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by TRYGO(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2017
INTRODUCTION
Don't assume because you've got a brand new car(or a used one), that it's susceptible to failure.

No one prays for his or her car to suddenly bread down on such highways.

It's not that easy dealing or handling mechanics along any major expressway, especially that of Lagos-Ibadan.

Those guys are known for their "craftiness" in terms of automotive repairs. Some, let me not lie to you guys, are competent in their dealings with potential customers, that might come their way.

Anyone that has ever driven through that road, would realise how silent, and dangerous it is, especially if you've ever had your car broken down on that road.

In such a situation, you'd realised that those "good Samaritans", would, in collaboration with those rickety towing trucks, surface, and immediately commence diagnosis, without your permission.

At that point, you already don't have any options left for you.

If you ever get into such a nightmare, this is what you should do.

1. Your safety is of paramount importance here.
Secure all your belongings, and if possible, properly park the car(off the expressway).

2. Calm down, and if you're tech savvy with technical stuffs, you could immediately commence diagnosis. But if you can't, ask any of the " good Samaritans ", to inspect/diagnosis the problem.

These guys are cunning in their dealings. There'd be a lot of trial and errors on display(oga , e be like say na dis, or that).

The towing trucks would instantly appear from nowhere, and want to come assist you. Their specific assistant would be to cone over and ask for the vehicle to be towed to the neatest mechanic workshop, or to Lagos.

When the tow man suggest a tow, tell them you'd want to consult with your mechanic, or the " good Samaritan ", with you.

3. Monitor the mechanics. This is where the crux of the matter is. Your car, might have just developed a minor mechanical/electrical fault. But if you aren't monitoring every bit of what the mechanics are doing, that minor fault would be amplified to a major one(costing you time, money, in the replacement of unnecessary parts).

4. Return to your mechanic. After the " Samaritan mechanics " have fixed your car, whether permanently, or temporarily, I'd expect you to have your car inspected by your trusted mechanic, to make corrections where necessary. That would save you future problems.

MAJOR CHECKLISTS BEFORE TRAVELING

1. Do an oil change, if it's due, or top of engine oil, if the quality of the oil is still intact.
This would reduce the risk of engine damage, and prolong the engine.

Have the oil maintenance light reset, if its a modern car. You guys should know what I mean by a modern car. I mean cars manufactured from 2005-present. Example is Venza'10, with its maintenance required light.

2. Ensure all tyre pressures are gauged to the standard pressures.
An under pressurised tyre, is a safety related issue. A tyre that isn't properly inflated, would increase more load on the engine, and a proportional poor fuel economy.

While an overinflated tyre, also posses a safety risk in the sense that an over inflated tyre would experience tremendous increased temperature, as a result of its rolling resistance with the ground, and the impact of environmental temperature. These factors, for instance, can result in tyre bursts because of lack of enough space for the temperature/pressure expansion.

3. Replace your tyres, if they are worn. Excessively worn tyres would cause a whole lot if driveability issues.

4. Ensure radiator coolant is at the proper level. Radiator coolants below the LOW level, is a panacea for overheating.
If it's possible, always have a gallon of water in the trunk of your car. That would serve in times of overheating, where you'd need some water to top off the radiator.

5. Be cautious of where you fuel you fuel up your car. Some cars are known to have developed

6. Check your spare tyre for damage, or under inflation. That would safe you the stress of looking for tyres, or even trying to buy a jack and wheel spanner. It should be noted that some car owners don't see the benefits of having a functional spare tyre, wheel spanner and jack in their car.

7. Inspect all brake pads/brake shoes for wear. Replace any if worn. Do not manage worn brake pads. The dangers of managing a worn brake pads, outweighs it's management.

CONCLUSION
Cars, like human beings, can breakdown at anytime, despite how religiously you've being maintaining that car.
If the car finally breaks down on such roads, it could be temporarily, or permanently fixed, depending on your response and the competencies of the "good Samaritans" coming your way.

Regards,
Igono Joseph Okeme
DW Nig Ltd
08066643532(WhatsApp/call)

PS:
¶Always determine from the start, if the car needs to be towed, or driven to the mechanic's workshop for repairs.

No one prays for his or her car to suddenly bread down on highways.

¶Negotiate the cost of repairs with them before the commencement of work. If you don't do that, you'd have to at the end of the repairs, have yourself to blame.

¶Be extremely careful when buying automotive fluids on the expressway, especially, where you have hawkers of diesel fuel on the roads. Such places, are breeding grounds for substandard fluids, such as transmission fluids, engine oils, etc. Not minding the brand labels affixed to the fluid containers, most of them are contaminated and adulterated with impurities and diesel fuel.
So, the next time you buy any fluids from such roadside spare part shops, PERCEIVE the ODOUR of the fluid. If it smells, somewhat like diesel fuel, return it, or don't use it at all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by diportivo: 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice one

E remain those wey dey benin-ore

How do we tackle those ones

5 Likes

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by naijablood: 6:52am On Mar 20, 2017
Great
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by evaonuegbu90(m): 6:54am On Mar 20, 2017
of what relevance is this post to Naira land
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Nobody: 6:55am On Mar 20, 2017
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Epositive(m): 6:56am On Mar 20, 2017
some drivers can manage fuel for africa....you'll see them topping it every two hours

#drivesafe
#positivevibes
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by lonelydora: 6:56am On Mar 20, 2017
OkY
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by seunlly(m): 6:57am On Mar 20, 2017
And so
We should fry stone abi
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Papiikush: 6:58am On Mar 20, 2017
This one that mechanical topics are everywhere on Frontpage.

Happy mechanic day undecided

3 Likes

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Chiboy12(m): 6:58am On Mar 20, 2017
Bros. We don hear. Main while is today Monday?
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by awoo47: 7:05am On Mar 20, 2017
Op don't mind ppl say trash cool this is an insightful post wink only ppl with no car or ppl who are certain dat they won't hv a car in d nearest future can dislike dis post angry angry

3 Likes

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by princemillla(m): 7:05am On Mar 20, 2017
I don't know I despise road side mechanic, they are not always sincere with their dealings. Na so my car broke down one day, instead of the slowpoke to tell me my car was overheating, he told me one sensor under my engine (1996 villager) is damage. I paid him 2k to buy it, gave him 500 to buy wire and other expenses. Later I got to know there is nothing like sensor under my engine.
It was a funny scenario.

@op

This got my attention as is the most paramount information.

TRYGO:

The towing trucks would instantly appear from nowhere, and want to come assist you

Immediately your car breaks Down kindly determine if you would need towing vehicle service or not. If you don't need them pls bid them farewell immediately they offer to help. These guys got confirm charm. My Bros hyundai was towed to their garage in ib toll gate and the car spent close to 6 month not until one of them told him to use their mechanic.
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by ikaboy: 7:10am On Mar 20, 2017
evaonuegbu90:
Grow up boy

5 Likes

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by kayswag100(m): 7:13am On Mar 20, 2017
evaonuegbu90:

sir, if you own a car and commute lagos-ibadanE, then you'l understand the OP has made some useful points to drivers on that road.

4 Likes

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Nobody: 7:15am On Mar 20, 2017
Be careful to use 'big words' correctly. Otherwise, this is a good post.

1 Like

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by patonyx1: 7:16am On Mar 20, 2017
Very informative. This really helps.

Thanks OP.
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by whela(m): 7:16am On Mar 20, 2017
Noted
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Livefreeordieha(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2017
TRYGO:
INTRODUCTION
Don't assume because you've got a brand new car(or a used one), that it's susceptible to failure.

No one prays for his or her car to suddenly bread down on such highways.

It's not that easy dealing or handling mechanics along any major expressway, especially that of Lagos-Ibadan.

Those guys are known for their "craftiness" in terms of automotive repairs. Some, let me not lie to you guys, are competent in their dealings with potential customers, that might come their way.

Anyone that has ever driven through that road, would realise how silent, and dangerous it is, especially if you've ever had your car broken down on that road.

In such a situation, you'd realised that those "good Samaritans", would, in collaboration with those rickety towing trucks, surface, and immediately commence diagnosis, without your permission.

At that point, you already don't have any options left for you.

If you ever get into such a nightmare, this is what you should do.

1. Your safety is of paramount importance here.
Secure all your belongings, and if possible, properly park the car(off the expressway).

2. Calm down, and if you're tech savvy with technical stuffs, you could immediately commence diagnosis. But if you can't, ask any of the " good Samaritans ", to inspect/diagnosis the problem.

These guys are cunning in their dealings. There'd be a lot of trial and errors on display(oga , e be like say na dis, or that).

The towing trucks would instantly appear from nowhere, and want to come assist you. Their specific assistant would be to cone over and ask for the vehicle to be towed to the neatest mechanic workshop, or to Lagos.

When the tow man suggest a tow, tell them you'd want to consult with your mechanic, or the " good Samaritan ", with you.

3. Monitor the mechanics. This is where the crux of the matter is. Your car, might have just developed a minor mechanical/electrical fault. But if you aren't monitoring every bit of what the mechanics are doing, that minor fault would be amplified to a major one(costing you time, money, in the replacement of unnecessary parts).

4. Return to your mechanic. After the " Samaritan mechanics " have fixed your car, whether permanently, or temporarily, I'd expect you to have your car inspected by your trusted mechanic, to make corrections where necessary. That would save you future problems.

MAJOR CHECKLISTS BEFORE TRAVELING

1. Do an oil change, if it's due, or top of engine oil, if the quality of the oil is still intact.
This would reduce the risk of engine damage, and prolong the engine.

Have the oil maintenance light reset, if its a modern car. You guys should know what I mean by a modern car. I mean cars manufactured from 2005-present. Example is Venza'10, with its maintenance required light.

2. Ensure all tyre pressures are gauged to the standard pressures.
An under pressurised tyre, is a safety related issue. A tyre that isn't properly inflated, would increase more load on the engine, and a proportional poor fuel economy.

While an overinflated tyre, also posses a safety risk in the sense that an over inflated tyre would experience tremendous increased temperature, as a result of its rolling resistance with the ground, and the impact of environmental temperature. These factors, for instance, can result in tyre bursts because of lack of enough space for the temperature/pressure expansion.

3. Replace your tyres, if they are worn. Excessively worn tyres would cause a whole lot if driveability issues.

4. Ensure radiator coolant is at the proper level. Radiator coolants below the LOW level, is a panacea for overheating.
If it's possible, always have a gallon of water in the trunk of your car. That would serve in times of overheating, where you'd need some water to top off the radiator.

5. Be cautious of where you fuel you fuel up your car. Some cars are known to have developed

6. Check your spare tyre for damage, or under inflation. That would safe you the stress of looking for tyres, or even trying to buy a jack and wheel spanner. It should be noted that some car owners don't see the benefits of having a functional spare tyre, wheel spanner and jack in their car.

7. Inspect all brake pads/brake shoes for wear. Replace any if worn. Do not manage worn brake pads. The dangers of managing a worn brake pads, outweighs it's management.

CONCLUSION
Cars, like human beings, can breakdown at anytime, despite how religiously you've being maintaining that car.
If the car finally breaks down on such roads, it could be temporarily, or permanently fixed, depending on your response and the competencies of the "good Samaritans" coming your way.

Regards,
Igono Joseph Okeme
DW Nig Ltd
08066643532(WhatsApp/call)

PS:
¶Always determine from the start, if the car needs to be towed, or driven to the mechanic's workshop for repairs.

No one prays for his or her car to suddenly bread down on highways.

¶Negotiate the cost of repairs with them before the commencement of work. If you don't do that, you'd have to at the end of the repairs, have yourself to blame.

¶Be extremely careful when buying automotive fluids on the expressway, especially, where you have hawkers of diesel fuel on the roads. Such places, are breeding grounds for substandard fluids, such as transmission fluids, engine oils, etc. Not minding the brand labels affixed to the fluid containers, most of them are contaminated and adulterated with impurities and diesel fuel.
So, the next time you buy any fluids from such roadside spare part shops, PERCEIVE the ODOUR of the fluid. If it smells, somewhat like diesel fuel, return it, or don't use it at all.

my advise to all those who travel that road is run like usain bolt..I repeat run!!!!!!!!!!!!! If u don't u will regret it..those guys use charms..imagine a mechanic workshop no area of specialization ..it's just motor mechanic workshop..that means they repair everything.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Badgers14: 8:00am On Mar 20, 2017
#1 on the to do list is.. Please DO NOT POUR WATER IN YOUR CAR'S RADIATOR... THIS IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN.

WHY YOU MAY ASK

I am glad you asked.. Pouring water causes over heating... I have encountered so many of our brothers and sisters from East going to Lagos, that there vehicle left them stranded on the road.

Please use " COOLANT" do not use Water.

Remember as you are driving, engine heats up and the "water" you added that was supposed to cool the engine starts to boil. Now the water is hot and the Engine is hotter that's exactly what causes the engine compartment to catch fire and when that happens.. Lots of things are damaged..

Please be wise.. Do not use water as A coolant.
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 20, 2017
evaonuegbu90:

Its relevant to those who own cars and ply lagos ibadan route.

2 Likes

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by tripoli007(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2017
Badgers14:
#1 on the to do list is.. Please DO NOT POUR WATER IN YOUR CAR'S RADIATOR... THIS IS AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN.

WHY YOU MAY ASK

I am glad you asked.. Pouring water causes over heating... I have encountered so many of our brothers and sisters from East going to Lagos, that there vehicle left them stranded on the road.

Please use " COOLANT" do not use Water.

Remember as you are driving, engine heats up and the "water" you added that was supposed to cool the engine starts to boil. Now the water is hot and the Engine is hotter that's exactly what causes the engine compartment to catch fire and when that happens.. Lots of things are damaged..

Please be wise.. Do not use water as A coolant.

I will love to ask a question regarding the use of coolant, I drive a 2004 Toyota corolla ,I ply Lagos - ekiti and most times Benin at least once or twice a month .. what does this coolant do as I have never encountered over heating in my car
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Badgers14: 9:36am On Mar 20, 2017
tripoli007:

I will love to ask a question regarding the use of coolant, I drive a 2004 Toyota corolla ,I ply Lagos - ekiti and most times Benin at least once or twice a month .. what does this coolant do as I have never encountered over heating in my car

Coolant is a gas that is used to remove heat from something.

Drivers are supposed to add coolant in their radiator but some out of ignorance add water.

The radiator was supposed to cool the engine and prevent over heating.

Say, you are driving a long distance, of course at a point the engine will heat up.. Which is normal. With. Coolant, it helps to calm the engine down and keep it cool.

But if someone uses water.. Of course when the engine heats up, the engine will boil the water.. Now both the engine and the water are hot.. This is one of thr major causes of overheating.

Also if people don't add any coolant in their car. Like if it is empty. The engine heats up, nothing to cool it down then it catches fire.
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by TRYGO(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2017
@tripoli007. Coolants does tremendous amount of work, keeping your engine operating optimally, if for instance, the thermal limit of the water you've being using has being exceeded, the radiator coolant, with its patented additives, fills up that void of thermal inefficiencies of waters. Used of coolants, also prevents your cooling system from corrosion.

Here are some links of articles I've written on this platform that might be of help.

https://www.nairaland.com/3500161/disastrous-impacts-overheating

With time, tour use of water would develop into sludge, responsible for cooling system failures(water pumps, radiator system, etc).

@badgers14. Coolant isn't a gas. Coolant is a fluid(liquid). Its got additives in it, used to compensate for the thermal inefficiencies experienced by water when used in an engine.

You can use water as a coolant temporarily, when you're hold up in such a dangerous area. It does no harm to the car. What you'd want is to get that car out of there as soon as possible. If you've got cash, you can stock coolant in the truck. But for me, it doesn't make sense, looking for a radiator coolant in such an area.

@quentin06. You're right, but also on other major interstate expressways.

@Livefreeordieha. Very correct o! That was the experience I had yesterday.

@Mementoes. Noted sir! Would appreciate if you could point out some of those jargons I've got in the text.

@princemillla. Hahaha! Those guys are "Samaritans"!, brother. It pays somehow to know the basics of your car. What you think? I'm serious.

@awoo47. No wahala o! We're in a democratic platform here, and definitely, I should expect some kinda negative backlash here. But I think this post is making an impact already.

@Chiboy12. Monday?! Emmmm, today, is still MONDAY??

@diportivo. Same methodology applies to all sir!

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by TRYGO(m): 10:34am On Mar 20, 2017
@Papiikush. I think its a nice thing for such information. You need a lot of information to keep yourself abreast of what's happening around you, and if for instance you've got a car, that may even save you some bucks.
Don't you think so?
Just choose the ones you want, and filter the contents, and apply the remnants to your peculiar situation. isn't that cool, brother?
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by tripoli007(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2017
TRYGO:
@Papiikush. I think its a nice thing for such information. You need a lot of information to keep yourself abreast of what's happening around you, and if for instance you've got a car, that may even save you some bucks.
Don't you think so?
Just choose the ones you want, and filter the contents, and apply the remnants to your peculiar situation. isn't that cool, brother?

is the coolant to be poured directly to the radiator or that small reservoir beside the radiator itself as shown in the picture above
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Wealthyone: 11:17am On Mar 20, 2017
TRYGO:
@tripoli007. Coolants does tremendous amount of work, keeping your engine operating optimally, if for instance, the thermal limit of the water you've being using has being exceeded, the radiator coolant, with its patented additives, fills up that void of thermal inefficiencies of waters. Used of coolants, also prevents your cooling system from corrosion.

Here are some links of articles I've written on this platform that might be of help.

https://www.nairaland.com/3500161/disastrous-impacts-overheating

With time, tour use of water would develop into sludge, responsible for cooling system failures(water pumps, radiator system, etc).

@badgers14. Coolant isn't a gas. Coolant is a fluid(liquid). Its got additives in it, used to compensate for the thermal inefficiencies experienced by water when used in an engine.

You can use water as a coolant temporarily, when you're hold up in such a dangerous area. It does no harm to the car. What you'd want is to get that car out of there as soon as possible. If you've got cash, you can stock coolant in the truck. But for me, it doesn't make sense, looking for a radiator coolant in such an area.

@quentin06. You're right, but also on other major interstate expressways.

@Livefreeordieha. Very correct o! That was the experience I had yesterday.

@Mementoes. Noted sir! Would appreciate if you could point out some of those jargons I've got in the text.

@princemillla. Hahaha! Those guys are "Samaritans"!, brother. It pays somehow to know the basics of your car. What you think? I'm serious.

@awoo47. No wahala o! We're in a democratic platform here, and definitely, I should expect some kinda negative backlash here. But I think this post is making an impact already.

@Chiboy12. Monday?! Emmmm, today, is still MONDAY??

@diportivo. Same methodology applies to all sir!

I use water but can i switch to coolant without any effect?
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by TRYGO(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2017
@Wealthyone. Perfectly, without any problems.
This is how you'd go about it.

1. drain all water from the cooling system(especially the radiator, through the drain port). Some engine e blocks, have got drain bolt to take care of this. If there aren't any provisions for that on either the radiator or block, disconnect the lower radiator hose.

2. Couple the drain. bolt(s) back after it has totally drained.

3. Use genuine radiator coolants. You can use ABRO coolants, or the one recommended by the car's manufacturer. Remember, all these depends on your pocket. OEM coolants are very expensive.

4. Bleed the system of air bubbles, to prevent insufficient circulation of the coolants.
This is mostly applicable in some American, and German cars.
Without bleeding the car of air, you have invited overheating to the system already.

Hope this helps you tremendous you brother!

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2017
Badgers14:

Coolant is a gas that is used to remove heat from something.

Drivers are supposed to add coolant in their radiator but some out of ignorance add water.

The radiator was supposed to cool the engine and prevent over heating.

Say, you are driving a long distance, of course at a point the engine will heat up.. Which is normal. With. Coolant, it helps to calm the engine down and keep it cool.

But if someone uses water.. Of course when the engine heats up, the engine will boil the water.. Now both the engine and the water are hot.. This is one of thr major causes of overheating.

Also if people don't add any coolant in their car. Like if it is empty. The engine heats up, nothing to cool it down then it catches fire.

Bros this ur grammar na wa. Who told u coolant is gas? In a summary the difference between coolant and ordinary water is that coolant has a higher boiling point than water. The boiling point of water is 100 degrees Celsius, now with some impurities in the water it might not even get to 100 degrees before it boils, boiling water in the radiator is bad. Meanwhile a 50 50 mixture of coolant and water can withstand up to 130 degrees Celsius before boiling. Also coolants have anti rust properties which prevents corrosion of radiator parts.
Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Badgers14: 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2017
greenhulk:

Bros this ur grammar na wa. Who told u coolant is gas? In a summary the difference between coolant and ordinary water is that coolant has a higher boiling point than water. The boiling point of water is 100 degrees Celsius, now with some impurities in the water it might not even get to 100 degrees before it boils, boiling water in the radiator is bad. Meanwhile a 50 50 mixture of coolant and water can withstand up to 130 degrees Celsius before boiling. Also coolants have antifreeze which prevents corrosion of radiator parts.

Is coolant a gas? Check the attached picture? Also do you know the chemixal components of a coolant

Finally, like you suggested in your last paragraph, antifreeze properties in a coolant does not prevent corrosion of radiator parts, it's soley property is to prevent the coolant from freezing.

Also, in the "mechanics" world, coolant and Anti Freeze are usually used interchangeably to mean thr same thing.

@ TRYGO, yes a coolant is a "gas" or liquid.

Re: How You Deal With Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Mechanic(s) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Badgers14:

Is coolant a gas? Check the attached picture? Also do you know the chemixal components of a coolant

Finally, like you suggested in your last paragraph, antifreeze properties in a coolant does not prevent corrosion of radiator parts, it's soley property is to prevent the coolant from freezing.

Also, in the "mechanics" world, coolant and Anti Freeze are usually used interchangeably to mean thr same thing.

@ TRYGO, yes a coolant is a "gas" or liquid.

My bad, what I meant is anti rust properties in coolants. The anti freeze properties is not needed in Nigeria as we don't have a weather that can ever make Water to freeze not to talk of coolant.

And as per whether coolant is liquid or gas, in the contest of this topic which is coolant in cars, it is liquid.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? / Please The Correct Way Of Setting Side View Mirrors / Quick Steps On How To Handle A Stuck Accelerator Pedal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.