Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car (2619 Views)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates / Littering Your Car Can Cause A Deadly Accident – Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nelson7777: 11:37am On Nov 27, 2019
Pls, what is the best and and most effective method, to handle children in the compound, that will leave their books and boards, and go to your car and be carving/scratching/drawing/painting,
123456, ABCD, F** *you, this is after you must have informed every parent in the compound..
Should their parents be invited by the police?
Should their parents be made to pay for d paint job?
Does it even concern their parents, not to talk of punishing them..
Thanks ..
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by dollytino4real(f): 11:52am On Nov 27, 2019
none of the above, the environment determine the kind of thing dat happens there, just buy car cover finish

6 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by paix(m): 1:17pm On Nov 27, 2019
Just thank God, the children are attracted to your car.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 3:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
dollytino4real:
none of the above, the environment determine the kind of thing dat happens there, just buy car cover finish

You are on point. It all depends on the kind of environment where the Op resides in.

He should get a car cover and use it when the car is parked in the compound.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nelson7777: 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
I stay in satellite town..
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 7:36pm On Nov 27, 2019
nelson7777:
I stay in satellite town..

Children will always be children. You can't take that away from them. Try making friends with them and reward them with Biscuits for those who stay out of your car (seek permission from their parents first though before handing anything to any of them).

Get a car cover and save yourself the worries.
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nelson7777: 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
uboma:

Children will always be children. You can't take that away from them. Try making friends with them and reward them with Biscuits for those who stay out of your car (seek permission from their parents first though before handing anything to any of them).

Get a car cover and save yourself the worries.

Thank you..
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by dollytino4real(f): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2019
uboma:

You are on point. It all depends on the kind of environment where the Op resides in.

He should get a car cover and use it when the car is parked in the compound.
yes n.a., apako area different from gra
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by timifakay(m): 9:52pm On Nov 27, 2019
Try these

1 Share

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 10:18pm On Nov 27, 2019
nelson7777:

Thank you..

You are welcome Sir
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by naijadrivablog: 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
grin
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by LeJeun3: 7:20am On Nov 28, 2019

Wait wait wait......

I stay in a spacious compound with 4 flats, 3 flats are car owners.

However, one set of children have made it a habit of scratching my car, they never ever scratch their Father's car.

Been wondering what to do....

Cc:
uboma
timifakay
nelson7777

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nurey(m): 7:44am On Nov 28, 2019
nelson7777:
Pls, what is the best and and most effective method, to handle children in the compound, that will leave their books and boards, and go to your car and be carving/scratching/drawing/painting,
123456, ABCD, F** *you, this is after you must have informed every parent in the compound..
Should their parents be invited by the police?
Should their parents be made to pay for d paint job?
Does it even concern their parents, not to talk of punishing them..
Thanks ..

In United States or other developed countries, the parents would pay for damage done by their wards on your car as long as you parked in the right place and it's of no fault of yours.

In Nigeria you can either shout at the children and cause emnity between you and your neighbor or take it as a call to Glory of your paint job grin and do nothing.

my brother in-law also went through such and he accepted his fate because he never even caught the kid doing it.
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nelson7777: 8:23am On Nov 28, 2019
I will just buy a car cover this weekend, but I can't imagine the stress of covering and uncovering the car,
Just pray it doesn't stain my work shirts..
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 10:41am On Nov 28, 2019
LeJeun3:

Wait wait wait......

I stay in a spacious compound with 4 flats, 3 flats are car owners.

However, one set of children have made it a habit of scratching my car, they never ever scratch their Father's car.

Been wondering what to do....

Cc:
uboma
timifakay
nelson7777

What you seek is already written here. Scroll up to read my comments.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by timifakay(m): 10:46am On Nov 28, 2019
If nah me oh. Nah to dodge for window and watch till one stray kid comes by, I'll beat him or her black and blue to make example for others. I don't mind being enemy with their parents, I don't wanna be friends with parents of destructive children...

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2019
timifakay:
If nah me oh. Nah to dodge for window and watch till one stray kid comes by, I'll beat him or her black and blue to make example for others. I don't mind being enemy with their parents, I don't wanna be friends with parents of destructive children...

Wrong thinking.

You likely did worse when you were a child.

Beat the child and something bad happens to the child afterwards, nobody will talk about your car again. It will be a completely different story.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nurey(m): 10:51am On Nov 28, 2019
timifakay:

No man is an Island
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 10:53am On Nov 28, 2019
nurey:

No man is an Island

Meaning....

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nurey(m): 10:54am On Nov 28, 2019
uboma:

Meaning....
if you make enemy of your neighbors you are only doing yourself
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 10:55am On Nov 28, 2019
nurey:

if you make enemy of your neighbors you are only doing yourself

You are right here!
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by timifakay(m): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2019
nurey:

No man is an Island

But when I'm being trampled upon, I'll rather be an island.
I'll beat my kids if I found the doing such to a neighbour.

uboma:

Wrong thinking.

[s]You likely did worse when you were a child.[/s]

Beat the child and something bad happens to the child afterwards, nobody will talk about your car again. It will be a completely different story.

How rational is your assumption about what I did?

I said beat, not take out my frustration on the child.

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2019
Most of the times, beating does not solve anything especially in the long run.

Again, you cannot stop children from being children.

Get close to them, earn their trust, be friends with them and counsel them, these way, they will listen to you.

But again, this is Nigeria, do as you wish.
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nurey(m): 1:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
timifakay:

But when I'm being trampled upon, I'll rather be an island.
I'll beat my kids if I found the doing such to a neighbour.

How rational is your assumption about what I did?

I said beat, not take out my frustration on the child.

Mr Mike Tyson, Evander holyfield Eku beating grin

please when you are done at your side, I have some rascals here that need beating grin

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by KINGreignn: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2019
Invite your friends who are SARS officers to threaten the living day light out of the kids, if the parents talk trash or talk tough, go tough on the parents.

Try this and tenk me laters angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by lilkech(m): 4:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
That was how I just finished respraying my car for Xmas that year. It was so black and shiny cheesy I washed and waxed it one evening to use for the next day.

Slept and woke, brush and baff, dress and chop. Comot for house come see my shining car, I smile cool

Walked round to open the door and saw three big letters ‘ U G O ‘ scratched just across my driver door. I stood still and looked at it very well, and realized yes... it was my own name spelled right there

Darned kids angry friends saw it and thought they waybilled the car to me. I was explaining for the first six months after that unsolicited branding

Op there’s nothing you can do about it. Get the car cover if you like but you can’t cover your car every time so if it will happen it will happen.

Just pray they write something that makes sense, like your name on your own too.

7 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by timifakay(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
uboma:
Most of the times, beating does not solve anything especially in the long run.

Again, you cannot stop children from being children.

Get close to them, earn their trust, be friends with them and counsel them, these way, they will listen to you.

But again, this is Nigeria, do as you wish.

Being destructive is not characteristic of normal children...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2019
timifakay:

Being destructive is not characteristic of normal children...

You did worse as a child.
Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by timifakay(m): 6:06pm On Nov 28, 2019
uboma:

You did worse as a child.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by nurey(m): 6:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
[quote author=timifakay post=84450303][/quote]
lie that you didn't steal meat from the pot
Also lie that you never copied assignment throughout your life

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by buygala(m): 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2019
Some kids used a stone to draw what was supposed to be a very large dog or horse on my car..

When I identified the kids, I went and met their parents and told them what their kids had done and that i would really appreciate it if they make their kids understand that a car is not a blackboard to be written or drawn or scratched on ....I even offered to buy the kids a blackboard the next day...

Parents shockingly went all Rambo on me, telling me how children are a blessing from God and how any God-fearing person will not stop kids from being kids...They even asked me how much my car was worth sef that I will not let them and their kids hear word...they made out of me a Satan who wants to dampen their kids enjoyment of life simply because they scratched my Jalopy...

I quietly left their house and filed a criminal case against both parents and their kids (with their parents as their guardians) in court for trespass, criminal intimidation and damage to property and conspiracy, aiding and abetting their kids to commit these offences...Cumulatively, the prison term upon conviction for these offences is about 7 years each for each parent...

I further filed a civil case against them for negligence, claiming against them a total bodywork and repainting of my car at Elizade, and 10 million naira General Damages...

In the criminal case, both parents had to sleep in prison for a weekend as they could not perfect the bail conditions issued by the Judge. ..They even hired a lawyer who came and denied that it was their kids who damaged my car...

Unfortunately for them, I had phone call recordings of them admitting their kids did it, and I should do my worst...

Long story short, they went and begged our estate residents' association to come and beg me to forgive. ..last last, before i withdrew both cases against them, they refunded me all the expenses I had incurred in prosecuting the case against them and still paid for a full bodywork and paint of my car at one Kazeem's place...and he did a very nice Job...

Now their kids don't even scratch the compound gate or even wall grin .....

And to imagine a simple "I am sorry for this...I will make sure my kids don't do such again" would have saved them all these wahala...

Kids are kids...agreed...but as their parent or guardian, one has a duty to make sure they do not damage people's property

22 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Do You Deal With Kids, That Write ABCD On Your Car by uboma(m): 6:57pm On Nov 28, 2019
nurey:

lie that you didn't steal meat from the pot

Also lie that you never copied assignment throughout your life

Ignore him. He never had a childhood.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Confused And Depressed.. / 20W50 Oils! Read And Stop Demonizing It. / Top Ten Most Expensive Bikes In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.