Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,460 members, 7,812,409 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High (582 Views)

Bakkt Bitcoin Futures' Open Interest Hits New All-time High / How Old Are You On Nairaland, Screenshot Your Profile Let's See The Pioneers. / I Think I Have The Highest Likes On Nairaland (screenshot)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by maclatunji: 9:27am On Mar 20, 2017
Nairaland used to be a forum where you could read a thread for up to 20 pages sometimes without getting tired.

However, one rarely reads past the first page of a thread these days due to some very petty tendencies:

1. FIRST TO COMMENT

You see people desperate to be either the first to comment or have their post on the first page of any thread with potential to reach frontpage.

2. EDITING YOUR POST TO RESPOND TO POSTS AFTER YOURS JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON FRONTPAGE

The latest trend I find pathetic is for people to edit their posts to respond to posts that have come after theirs. If you are someone who does this know that you are just a silly attention seeker. Respond to posts serially so that other readers can understand and follow the discussion logically.
Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 20, 2017
Bros go find work

3 Likes

Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 20, 2017
maclatunji:
N[s]airaland used to be a forum where you could read a thread for up to 20 pages sometimes without getting tired.

However, one rarely reads past the first page of a thread these days due to some very petty tendencies:

1. FIRST TO COMMENT

You see people desperate to be either the first to comment or have their post on the first page of any thread with potential to reach frontpage.

2. EDITING YOUR POST TO RESPOND TO POSTS AFTER YOURS JUST BECAUSE IT IS ON FRONTPAGE

The latest trend I find pathetic is for people to edit their posts to respond to posts that have come after theirs. If you are someone who does this know that you are just a silly attention seeker. Respond to posts serially so that other readers can understand and follow the discussion[/s] logically.

I thought you were once a mod? Communiacte this to your fomrmer boss in a private email and stop looking for attention

1 Like

Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by maclatunji: 2:41pm On Mar 20, 2017
Kathmandu:
I thought you were once a mod? Communiacte this to your fomrmer boss in a private email and stop looking for attention

You should have ignored. Will Seun be the one to comment? Fine he has a role to play, however, the greater onus is for people to post with decorum.

Now, you have been addressed, face front.
Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by gbegemaster(m): 9:50pm On Mar 20, 2017
A lot of people come here for fun. To relieve daily stress of living in this conglomeration called Nigeria.

Also the drive for traffic contributes too because a lot of junk make it to the front page.

The level of logic and seriousness you are looking cannot be found on Nairaland. It's 50% reality and 50% a comedy show.
Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by maclatunji: 12:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
gbegemaster:
A lot of people come here for fun. To relieve daily stress of living in this conglomeration called Nigeria.

Also the drive for traffic contributes too because a lot of junk make it to the front page.

The level of logic and seriousness you are looking cannot be found on Nairaland. It's 50% reality and 50% a comedy show.

How do you relieve stress with nonsense?
Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 21, 2017
Getting worse with each generation

The great minds are flocking out and pessants remain
Re: Attention Seeking On Nairaland At All Time High by maclatunji: 6:24pm On Mar 23, 2017
Silkmoth33:
Getting worse with each generation

The great minds are flocking out and pessants remain

I agree.

(1) (Reply)

Baby Born With Rare Deformity Is Rejected By His Mum 'for Looking Like an alien' / WAWUU!!! TTT Is Back On Whatsapp With Bisola And Their Conversation Has Lea / Need Help Contacting British Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.