Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,568 members, 7,955,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:06 PM

Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away (22793 Views)

How Do I Build A Septic Tank / Soakaway In This Situation? (pic Attached) / Please What Is The Recommended Soak Away Size For A Small Bungalow / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Edipee(m): 8:46am On Mar 21, 2017
Koko
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Juell(m): 8:49am On Mar 21, 2017
The septic tank and soak away are built together as a unit. All waste go through the septic tank, the solid waste settles down in the septic tank while the liquid over flows to the soak away. This is so cos solid waste also comes frm kitchen
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by tolexy123: 8:50am On Mar 21, 2017
Nduemma12:
Good morning to you all.
Good morning... but to make it a good morning, simple get ur face off this thread!

1 Like

Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Nechman(m): 9:31am On Mar 21, 2017
Direct everything to the septic tank, when the water level gets to a particular level it will spill over into the soak away. If you connect you kitchen sink to ur soak away, you will have food particles at the bottom forming a sludge when the water drains away. You don't want that....
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Lokoyen(m): 10:11am On Mar 21, 2017
luckydion:
waster from the toilet is Human excrete and water while that of the kitchen is wastewater from washing of utensils.
Now plumbing such waste correctly matters to have long time before suffering form the issues of evacuation when filled.

channel all, ie. kitchen, bathroom and toilet to same chamber, the septic tank, this helps to neutralize, dissolve the fences (pool)
as everything turns to aqueous/fluid, it flows to the soakaway as it gets the channel (connector) level. everything will be absolved into the earth./soil. your septic tank in this process stays a longer time to full.

6 or 8 X 10 X 12ft is ok but it all depends on the type of soil...

Watch how people will call you unprofessional. THis your method is wat i know for a long time.
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by shumuel(m): 10:50am On Mar 21, 2017
netoc65:
Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank first Or Straight To The Soak Away?
Which one is the standard practice?
And... What is the right size of the soak away and septic tank for a three bedroom bungalow

Septic tank first biko, soak away way designed to receive sieved dirty water from the septic tank only, that way it would be easy for the water to drain away or soaked into the ground; having dirt in the soak away part would disallow this.
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by mufutau55(m): 11:15am On Mar 21, 2017
hope4life:

Very good and intellectual comments. That's all.But to add to it, in swampy area like certain parts of Rivers State. The way they do their septic tank is different. They build a strong septic tank right away on top of the marked out portion and sink it. They don't just dig the ground and lay blocks or do concrete work like that. Also they don't cement the base.

Yes. Around some places in Lagos too... all swampy area will need the soakaway and septic tank to be sunk.
Thanks for that reminder and contribution.

Hajji M.
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:33am On Mar 21, 2017
Cutehector:
I just think God is awesome
He's more than awesome, He's fantastically great!!!!!!!!
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2017
mufutau55:

Direct water of bathroom and kitchen to the Soak-away, the bottom will not be plastered so the water can soak under ground.
Direct the actual poo from the toilet to the Septic Tank, bottom will be well plastered.
Make their respective size according to the empty space you have.

Hajji Mufutau

OK... Some say it's not standard practice
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Nobody: 1:09pm On Mar 21, 2017
Nechman:
Direct everything to the septic tank, when the water level gets to a particular level it will spill over into the soak away. If you connect you kitchen sink to ur soak away, you will have food particles at the bottom forming a sludge when the water drains away. You don't want that....

OK...
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 21, 2017
Going by the comments, it seems to be a matter of choice. But which one is standard practice?
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
Think about the environment,kitchen,bathroom and toilet waste should go the same place,in a sane country it all needs to be treated first before letting it out,only rain/storm water is allowed to soak away.

Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by koolengrtimmy(m): 2:58pm On Mar 21, 2017
Cutehector:
Mehn it still beats my imagination... How all these waste contaminated water enters back into the earth and yet still, clean fresh water is returned back to d surface in borehole systems

Slow sand filtration is a type of centralised or semi-centralised water purification system. A well-designed and properly maintained slow sand filter ( SSF ) effectively removes turbidity and pathogenic organisms through various biological, physical and chemical processes in a single treatment step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ishilove:

I was waiting for this. That's how my father designed his and it is working perfectly well.
Your father was wrong. Such practice is what gives rise to environmental pollution we suffer daily.
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by shumuel(m): 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ishilove:

I was waiting for this. That's how my father designed his and it is working perfectly well.

It's wrong, very wrong,, it's expected to be channeled into the septic tank to decay with the poos, channeling it into the gutters is why Mosquito and other diseases thrive in Africa, have you ever ask yourself where Hotels channel theirs to ? It all goes into the septic tank where it belongs,, stop dirting our gutters grin
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by topsy23: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2017
helphelp:
Ordinary water....

Why not channel it directly to the gutters

Lagos state government did not allow that.
The best is to channel all the waste water to soakaway.
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by mufutau55(m): 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
netoc65:

OK... Some say it's not standard practice

Then follow the others "standard practice".
No any standard practice, nah only innovations. I have given you the best practice.

Hajji M.
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Ishilove: 8:18pm On Mar 21, 2017
shumuel:

It's wrong, very wrong,, it's expected to be channeled into the septic tank to decay with the poos, channeling it into the gutters is why Mosquito and other diseases thrive in Africa, have you ever ask yourself where Hotels channel theirs to ? It all goes into the septic tank where it belongs,, stop dirting our gutters grin
Gerrout! cheesy
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by shumuel(m): 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ishilove:
Gerrout! cheesy
Kikiki Lol grin

Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by Pricepaid(m): 4:51pm On Dec 31, 2018
Who is an expert in making soak away and septic tank. contact me with proof to have a job, you may also choose to reach me through this email address stasiawhitneyro@gmail.com
Re: Should Kitchen And Bathroom Waste Go To The Septic Tank Or To The Soak Away by ayobamizz: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2023
Ishilove:

Even our old men know that channeling kitchen and bathroom waste into gutters does not post health hazard like toilet faecal waste. So why should you channel kitchen and bathroom waste into ur septic tank..it's not wise to do so as this will not only slow down bio digestion or decomposition of faecal water in the septic tank but also get the septic tank to be full sooner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Outbreak At Rukpokwu, Port Harcourt Spreads Towards The Airport (video) / Lagos To Deliver Sangotedo, Lekki Housing Schemes Before Year End / High Cost Of Cement: Nigerians Opt For Container Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.