Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja (31073 Views)

10-year-old Enters Shop Through Ceiling To Steal N100k For New School Sandals / Man Forces Soldier To Pay N100K For Damaging His Tyre / Guy Disgraced In An Attempt To Defend Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by LatestAmebo: 10:54am On Mar 21, 2017

Luck ran out of a man believed to be in his 30s on Monday as he attempted to withdraw N110, 000 (One Hundred and ten thousand naira) from another customer’s account after stealing his transfer slip, then forging the victim’s signature on a bank withdrawals slip right there in the bank before proceeding to carry out the fraud. However, he was arrested by the Bank’s security personnel who handed him over to the Police when his face could not match that of his victim’s.

The suspect who gave his name as Lukeman Ibrahim said he is from Bauchi state and a graduate of Pure Mathematics from the University of Maiduguri. The victim, Mr. Theophilus Agada who spoke with Vanguard said he had gone to GT bank, Garki branch, Abuja to transfer some money to another account when the fraud was attempted on his account.

He said, unknown to him, the suspect who was wearing a ring believed to be fetish perhaps trailed him to the bank, stole his transfer slip after he had transferred the money and gone and then attempted to withdraw the said sum before he was caught. He said it was the bank who called his attention to the attempted fraud. According to him, ” I was already out of the bank premises when they called me and said someone wanted to make a withdrawal of N110, 000 from my account. They said they had to call me because the suspect’s face did not match mine.” Continuing, Mr. Agada said, “on getting to my bank, i saw that the suspect forged exactly my signature and my full name. Everything was perfect except his face which gave him away.” Mr. Agada said he wants everybody going to transact in the banks to always be wary of the person next to them as such a person could be a fraudster. “This is the second time the suspect is trying to defraud people at the bank. Last week, he attempted defrauding another person at the Area 3 branch of GT Bank but was arrested and later bailed only for him to repeat the same crime at Area 11 today. I want everybody to learn from this and know that while at the bank, they should be very alert as someone standing next could be a thief claiming to equally be a bank customer.”

The suspect was taken to Garki police station where he was remanded. He said at the police station that the suspect who is visibly under the influence of some drugs pleaded that he went into the fraud business because he was hungry. The ring believed to be fetish was however taken from him by the police personnel. Mr. Agada also revealed that both the state and the bank are pressing charges on the suspect as he would be charged to court

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/graduate-steals-customers-deposit-slip-forges-signature-attempts-withdrawing-n110-000/
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by LatestAmebo: 10:55am On Mar 21, 2017

more of his photos in detention SEE PHOTOS
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by thesicilian: 11:02am On Mar 21, 2017
Just 110k. He should be given a 6months jail term for fraud, and then 15yrs with hard labour for being too dull.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Nobody: 11:07am On Mar 21, 2017
He Used juju to trail victim and forge his signature but the juju cannot match the owner's face....Walahitalahi, aboki na mumu

34 Likes

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by balancediet(m): 11:07am On Mar 21, 2017
So sad. Am not Good at throwing stones for one reason: Some things you never thought u Will dø, u end up doing worse simply because The Heart is decietful. There Are cooperate criminals who divert pension money, forge president signature, short change employee etc. Those who carry out jungle Justice sin is worse than The culprit himself. Am not justifying The guy let him Dance to his own Music but IF i was there, like pilate i Will flog him and wash My hånds.

8 Likes

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Jabioro: 11:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Charge him to the Court.. the bank, the state and you very self should be a combined witness.. evidence are obvious..
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by smartty68(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2017
He ran out of luck indeed. Lol
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Goldenheart(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2017
some people are destined to be broke, No matter hard they try... even if he tries ritual. it won't work.

it's really that bad...
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Sirpaul(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2017
I Started Fearing W€€D Since The Day I Saw My neighbour Spend The Whole Night Dancing To The Sound Of The Generator.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by muhakeem(m): 11:08am On Mar 21, 2017
Them go say na Bihari cause am..... cant he use all this big big hands he has got to farm? just thinking sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Dottore: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Na wao
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Dhaffs(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Hmm,afta a while,ur ass mod decided to ban,Bleep dat mid dah banned me grin
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by vizkiz: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
A graduate of mathematics?
That explains his ignorance

University of maduguri?
That explains his stupidity

Jobless graduate?
That doesn't explain his desperation

7 Likes

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Divay22(f): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Hungry dey o
I guess he forgot he didn't forge the man's face too angry angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by jayceen: 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
dats bad
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by cbngov01(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Is that not HungerBad?

4 Likes

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by khristals(m): 11:09am On Mar 21, 2017
Buhari why
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by SoldierofPeace(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
Ole, thief carry am Go
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by babyfaceafrica: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
Lol
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Flexherbal(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
Too bad!
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by nrexzy: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
Them need to flog him first before any othet thing...

1 Like

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Abeyjide: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
mumu guy.
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Tunami(m): 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
The hursling no be here oo.
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by ESDKING: 11:10am On Mar 21, 2017
This current administration is not even helping the matter. Mtcheww !!
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by divine842: 11:11am On Mar 21, 2017
Naija Di's days with fraud...me I cannot v juju power DAT I wee be stealing in hundreds of thousands... Na billions sure pass..
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by richidinho(m): 11:11am On Mar 21, 2017
This Buhari govt sef, so many strange things are happening grin
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by ElsonMorali: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2017
When are they going to arrest former governors and senators for defrauding the masses? undecided

1 Like

Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Gabrielwilliams(m): 11:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Nawa! This same abuja wey we dey so? Unrepentant criminal..Desperate times calls for??
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 21, 2017
Ordinary N10k...Jonathan sef
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Kobicove(m): 11:13am On Mar 21, 2017
Public disgrace!

This idiot just wrecked his life for nothing
Re: Graduate Forges Customer's Signature In An Attempt To Steal N100k In GTB Abuja by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 21, 2017
.How can a graduate not know that before withdrawals are carried out the cashier must match the facial identity.
some banks like zenith even make sure the Customer thumb primt

this dude is just dumb

he should have gotten touch and forget charm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lady Stabs Man In Delta State. Graphic Photos / Soldier Bets On Credit, Threatens To Kill Agent (photos) / Teacher Who Stabbed Husband To Death In Lagos Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.