Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,610 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics (46131 Views)

Nigerian Economy Out Of Recession, Growing Strongly—world Economics / Nigeria Out Of Recession, World Economics Declares - The Guardian Nigeria / Nigeria Will Soon Get Out Of Recession – World Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
fake news again angry angry angry angry angry.economy don comot for recession but prices of commodities still high for market.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Nobody: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2017
[quote author=daycraze post=54808337][/quote] Daycraze, kilode?
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by arabbunkum: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
Story for the gods.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Ngokafor(f): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Until it translates to the high cost of living collapsing and the masses are able to buy Agege bread, beans, kpomo, shaki, tomatoes, rice, garri, fufu, amala, red oil, pepper, isiewu very cheap, l am not interested in any useless air-conditioned data, l want street data wink

....'Air-conditioned' data indeed smiley
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Odogwucharles: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
World economics are you guys alright? Nigeria out of recession how when there is hungry everywhere and people are commiting suicide.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by blackboy(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
What index are they using? exchange rate? slow rise in inflation? or improved investments? Really recession might mean one thing to them another to Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by AngelicBeing: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2017
DozieInc:

Lollz
Yes oo, l want to see the prices of beans, bread, tomatoes, pepper, onions, palm oil, groundnut oil, kulikuli, groundnut, carrot, vegetables, ogbono, egusi, oha soup, amala, semolina, yams plantain, banana, goat head, cow tail, pepper soup ingredients etc drop before l take all this useless air-conditioned analysis serious, useless Federal government deceiving the poor masses since 1234bc wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by AngelicBeing: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
Ngokafor:

....'Air-conditioned' data indeed smiley
wink cool
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by samofson: 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2017
'Starting to grow out of recession' and 'Finally out of recession" mean 2 different things.

Op's headline and APC twitter handle's post are clearly misleading.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by yemzzy22(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
undecided the afongas looter are stilling doing what they knw how to do best
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Jabioro: 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2017
Who ever wrote this should try as much as possible to kiss his elbow.. if he can do it then Nigeria is really out recession..
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
tspun:
Not true,The unemployment rate has effectively not gone down from where it was at the peak of the recession. The only reason it's gone technically from may be 10 percent to 8 percent is because so many people are discouraged and are tired of complaining.
Have U noticed that whenever the government is trying to achieve something and they fail, they just declare that they have achieved it even without evidence.
example Boko haram

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by AntiWailer: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
Very sad time for wailers.

Buhari no gree die too

Mchewww
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by sekundosekundo: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Good news for patriots praying for Nigeria and bad news for wailers, iPods and children of hatred.

Let the growth begin now after the recovery.

This is a miracle, coming earlier than expected.

God is indeed a Nigerian.

Just watch the children of hatred and doom disputing the report just because it is contrary to their warped prophesy of doom.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by ROBO1722: 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
Not bad, but the government should check it closely
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Pharrel22(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2017
Everytin In Summary Abeg
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by GindoX(m): 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
vickvilles:
good news....
today is my birthday nairalanders so please show me some love...

For dis recession, nai person go show u love? grin
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by AngelicBeing: 4:44pm On Mar 21, 2017
slurryeye:
Great news......

tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by ElsonMorali: 4:45pm On Mar 21, 2017
softwerk:
Rubbish! Just like the polls said Hillary Clinton would defeat Donald Trump?!

I won't believe this poo until a bag of rice is sold for N11000.

Come and beat me tongue

Where are you jare, let me come and beat you softly. tongue tongue
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by tspun(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2017
BUTCHCASSIDY:

Have U noticed that whenever the government is trying to achieve something and they fail, they just declare that they have achieved it even without evidence.
example Boko haram
only in Nigeria shittt like this can happen
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 21, 2017
tspun:
only in Nigeria shittt like this can happen
There is an endless supply of fools willing to believe that shìt.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Doyin2(m): 4:49pm On Mar 21, 2017
softwerk:

Come and beat me tongue

You need enlightenment,not beating.

Out of recession has nothing to do with the current cost of food stuffs.Recession has every thing to do with our GDP.(Gross domestic product).

GDP simply put,is the aggregate value of goods and services produced in an economy,including net exports.

The fall in oil revenue brought about a serious forex pressure on the value of the naira and the cost of petrol.These were the major reasons for the rise in the cost of living.

We were in recession because of fall in oil export revenue,so do not be surprised if we are out of recession because of rise in oil export revenue.

Simple economics!

Those blaming Buhari are just fools,mischief makers or mere economic illiterates.Even the best economists in the world could not have salvaged the situation.Infact we should thank Buhari for not using our foreign reserve to defend the Naira,a stupid policy of the PDP administration.

The current pumping of forex into the market by CBN,is from current forex inflows and not from reserves,not a bad idea but a temporary solution.

The longer term solution is less dependent on imports,greater national productivity and export revenue diversification.This is by no means what you achieve in 2 or 4 years:the bitter truth we must learn to swallow.

100% Local refining of petroleum products would definitely crash the value of the dollar to about N50,quote me any where!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by EDSONSMITH(m): 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2017
softwerk:

Come and beat me tongue

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Forex2020247: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2017
LivingHuman:
Nigeria's economy has climbed out of recession, according to world economics.

World Economics is an organisation dedicated to producing financial analysis, insight and data relating to questions of key importance to the world economy.

Information on its website reads;

"March Sales Managers’ Index (SMI) data suggests that the Nigerian economy is starting to grow out of the recession which saw 10 months of consecutive contraction. The Market Growth Index grew to 53.5 in March as the monthly Sales Growth Index edged up to 51.3, its highest value since March 2016. It is too early to speculate if the recovery is built on solid fundamentals for a sustained recovery but the changes reflected are not insubstantial. Price inflation for March, which is tracked by the Prices Charged Index, remained high at 61.3 - and indicative that very high levels of inflation continue. Overall, conditions in Nigeria have improved over the past month and managers are expressing optimism that the economy will continue to grow".

See more below;

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/03/breaking-nigerias-economy-is-finally.html

Never forget to return it the state it were before you takeover
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by yinkslinks(m): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
Oh that's really nice. I want to be my manager if you don't mind.
stephleena:

ooooh,that's for braiding..
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by nikz(f): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
Not when small paint rubber of garri has moved from 700 to 1200 in just one week! God help us abeg
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by tchimatic(m): 4:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
Lie Muhammed has infected alot of people oooo

Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by stephleena(f): 4:53pm On Mar 21, 2017
yinkslinks:
Oh that's really nice. I want to be my manager if you don't mind.
how??am confused.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by Engrr(m): 4:54pm On Mar 21, 2017
Not until a bag of rice starts selling for N10,000. Otherwise.........

I don't believe!
Re: Nigeria's Economy Is Finally Out Of Recession - World Economics by basty: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2017
softwerk:

Come and beat me tongue

This is.an IPOB/IPAND. Your.signature is doomed abinitio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bribing Of Delegates In Full Swing At PDP Convention. $1k And 5k Each / Supplementary Elections 2023: Results From Polling Units / Borehole Collapses In Kogi 3 Weeks After Commissioning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.