Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. (8082 Views)

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by kajad(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2009
The dismissal of a female officer of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), Mrs. Udeoji Tochukwu Francisca, by the agency for allegedly marrying a driver and giving birth to a child has become a subject of Senate investigation.

The investigation followed a petition by Francisca to the Senate Committee on Ethics and Public Petitions dated December 2009 and entitled: “Wrongful Termination of Appointment and Discrimination in Service.”

The dismissed female officer routed the petition through her representative in the Senate, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe (PDP, Abia South), who, in turn forwarded it to the Senate President, Senator David Mark, under a covering letter.
Abaribe, in his December 15, 2009 letter, wrote: “I wish to forward the petition of my constituent, Mrs. Udeoji Tochukwu Francisca, who was wrongfully dismissed from NDLEA on account of marriage and child birth.

“The treatment meted out to Mrs. Udeoji is contrary to her right as enshrined in Chapter 4 of 1999 Constitution and too ender discriminatory.“I humbly plead for a review of the matter if for nothing else to lay to rest the possibility of miscarriage of justice as she has consistently maintained that she was wrongfully dismissed.”
Abaribe said that the dismissed NDLEA officr was sacked from her job for the love of seeking to marry Mr. Osondu Enwereuzor, a driver with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC).

He stated that the decision to sack her was “gender discriminatory,” stressing that it was against her right as enshrined in Chapter 4 of the 1999 Constitution of Nigeria.
After presenting the petition to the Senate last Thursday, Mark promptly directed the Committee on Ethics and Public Petitions to commence full investigations into the circumstances and ensure that it erases the possibility of miscarriage of justice.

The petitioner, in her petition to the Senate, had said that she was a member of Course 7ASN of the NDLEA, which was employed in the agency in May 2001.

She said she was dismissed from the NDLEA on April 13, 2006 because she got married to “a man who works as a driver with the NDDC.”

According to her, her husband was investigated by the NDLEA when she gave notice of marriage and found to be clean but alleged that she was dismissed because she got married to somebody of junior rank.

In the letter by the NDLEA terminating her appointment, dated April 13, 2006 and signed by the Assistant director, Central Administration, on behalf of the Chairman/Chief executive, the agency accused her of committing “unapproved single parentage.”

The letter said that unapproved single parentage was contrary to paragraph 12.8(i) schedule 1, part X of NDLEA Regulations 2001(as amended).

But the dismissed woman stated in the petition thus: “I did not get married to somebody in the same organization; my husband works with the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) while I work with NDLEA.

“The fact that my termination letter reads unapproved single parentage is misconceived or rather borne out of malice with a view to wrongfully terminate my appointment.

“I therefore call upon this Committee that is charged with the duty of (attending to) public petitions to look at all available documentary evidence before you and to avail yourself of the opportunity of interviewing principal parties to this complaint.”

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=162451
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by ichommy(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2009
chie WONDERS SHALL NEVER END, COS MARRY A DRIVER IS THE DRIVER NOT A HUMAN BEING
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by ud4u: 1:30pm On Dec 21, 2009
It is a pity, I hope justice will prevail
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by slimes(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
ichommy:

chie WONDERS SHALL NEVER END, COS MARRY A DRIVER IS THE DRIVER NOT A HUMAN BEING

seconded
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by CarlosVent(m): 1:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
Discrimination in the highest order.

haba why all these
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by spoilt(f): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2009
so even if she was a single parent is that reason to terminate her? Nigeria is just so backward, its alarming!
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Olami90: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2009
NIGERIA!!!notin can b done to rectify our feelings 4 whoevr we are avin hatred 4.wot a flimsy xcuse!!wot is marrying a driver has to do wit ones job?evil leaders.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Dapwajok(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2009
NDLEA should just call her back. Maybe she refuse to go out with them that is why. If i were to be in that comtee i will recommend the immidiate resignation of the officer that sign her termination. Nigeria wake up and re-brand.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by slap1(m): 2:11pm On Dec 21, 2009
At the end of d day, she may not be getin justice. Another scam may erupt in d House & her case forgotten. Wat happened 2 d case of d young girl dat was beat up by naval ratings in Lagos d oda day? Christ! Watta sick country 2 be in!
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by ReachRich(m): 2:16pm On Dec 21, 2009
Where is our Madam rebranding rebrander?This does not speak well of our country.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Nizoral(f): 2:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
Now am angry
@poster wat type of annoying post is dis.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by sweeti14(f): 2:53pm On Dec 21, 2009
Oga gaaan ni oh shocked
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by olalekan1(m): 2:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
there must be something behind it all.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by MUNEER2(m): 3:03pm On Dec 21, 2009
Nizoral:

Now am angry
@poster wat type of annoying post is dis.

I'm more than angry.
@Poster, this is more than annoying angry
NDLEA workers are in sane to be working under such binding agreement kiss

olalekan1:

there must be something behind it all.

I should be tempted to think so too
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by sylve11: 3:06pm On Dec 21, 2009
sweeti14:

Oga gaaan ni oh shocked

yes sweetie! do u want me to terminate urs also? grin cool
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by bbello: 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2009
where is madam rebranding, attend to this!
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by oluagness(m): 3:56pm On Dec 21, 2009
If a man marry an aprentice as wife nko? The man will be dismised! NA WA OOO O OOO
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by otukpo(f): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
Incredible!
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by drlawng(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2009
angry angry angry
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by meexteriox(m): 4:47pm On Dec 21, 2009
This are the kind of story that usually emerge from Nigeria, pure rubbish.
WTF if he's driver? So, driver's are not allowed to marry again? Even if they
work with NDLEA?
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Justcash(m): 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2009
Imagine!!!  shocked A case of misplaced priority!!!!!!!!!!!!! undecided

Instead of Curbing the sky rocketing cases of drug peddling involving Nigerians around the globe, they are busy sacking girls for getting married to low-income earners!

Wonder they say shall never end.

This is a real Nigerian action Movie. Na wa o!  angry
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Kx: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2009
Pls I need clarifification.

Does American and British senate table this kind of issue?

Are there no institutions in the land to address this anomaly?
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Odunnu: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2009
I still dnt get it!!kinda hard 2undstand dat somebdy is sackd 4makin a decision on who 2marry.Hmmm,stil dnt undstand
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Odunnu: 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
I still dnt get it!!kinda hard 2undstand dat somebdy is sackd 4makin a decision on who 2marry.Hmmm,stil dnt undstand
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by SwtzMinx(f): 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2009
.diz naija jst dey töo much, notin cn surprise me nymore,
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by adconline(m): 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2009
I smell ENVY here. I think she refused  to sleep with one of here superiors and she got fired. They are envious cos some1 who is "lower" in rank won her love. Naija way of settling scores.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
Coruption and injustice, i hope something positive comes out.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by koolchicco: 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2009
There's more to it than meets the eye
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by lannre(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2009
More of this stupid acts happens in Nigeria,only the brave one cies out
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by mamagee3(f): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2009
You've got to be kidding me
this is utter rubbish
!!! angry
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Sagamite(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2009
If I was in the power position, I would sack the Assistant Director (Central Administration) and all those involved in her dismissal so they can feel her pain for being victimised and (probably) unemployed since 2006.

Ediots!
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by shigidi(m): 9:02pm On Dec 21, 2009
that driver for gather well well oooo grin grin
Must ne hung like a horse grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 5 Websites To Find Foreign Remote Jobs As A Nigerian / Teachers Recruitment Exercise : Akwa Ibom Recalls Sacked 5000 Teachers / How To Pay For ACCA Exams Cheaper Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.