Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,261 members, 7,836,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. (8097 Views)

Facebook: Nasarawa Civil-Service Sacks Ruquayyat-Usman (pics) / Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff / 5 Solid Advantages Of Marrying A Nurse. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by emisun(m): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2009
may be somebody somewhere is interested in her.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Ty207: 9:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
Can Nigeria develop with this kind of attitude? Just tell me.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Chefo(m): 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2009
All these our ogas is high time they have to respect themselves what kind of wicked act is, that since 2006 till now, what has she be feeding on? I think they want her to fully rely on the transportation money the husband is bringing. God 'll punish as many that signed her sack letter. Silly idiots that want osho-free but where disappointed.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Okijajuju1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2009
Thank God say them sack her.

She wan fall the Agency hand and image?? angry

If them no sack am, others go start to marry gatemen, cleaners, e.t.c.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Jeffhands(m): 11:26pm On Dec 21, 2009
Ha ha, what wrong with gettin married to someone you love. Driver no be human.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Youngichou(m): 6:38am On Dec 22, 2009
The above story is obvious to every one even a small child of 15 that an up top officer in that office asked her hand and she turned it down,that's y she was sacked.anyway WE GO DEY PRAY SOTEEEEEH, SOTEEEEEH,soteh soteh,soteh.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Jaybee2412(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2009
What's the profession of Madam Rebranding's hubby? If found to be lower than her, she should be sacked grin
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by kopknomie: 11:06am On Dec 22, 2009
I BEG, THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

SO MAKE PERSON NO MARRY THE 1 WEY HM LUV AGAIN?

DEM SUPPOSE SACK ALL THE WOMAN WEY DEY CABINET WEY HIM HUBBY 'LOWER '.

I SUBMIT
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by otukpo(f): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2009
NDLEA side of the story.

Why we sacked Francesca, by NDLEA
Monday, 21 December 2009 21:57
Mrs Francisca Udeoji Tochukwu, who was allegedly sacked by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) for marrying a junior worker, was actually dismissed because she violated the agency’s regulations on Marriage and Single Parentage.
NDLEA’s spokesperson Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju told Daily Trust in Lagos yesterday that Francisca Udeoji Tochukwu was disengaged from service for “deliberately refusing to comply with the Agency’s Regulations on Marriage and Single Parentage.” He said her request to marry one Mr. Osondu Enwereuzor, a civil servant with the Niger Delta Development Commission’s Abuja Liaison office, was disapproved by NDLEA on the grounds of security risk, since her fiancé was found to be a deportee from Spain. He said although her request was disapproved, she deliberately proceeded to get pregnant for him.

He said the officer was therefore charged under provisions of the Single Parentage rule, which is an offence punishable under paragraph 12.8 (ii) of the NDLEA Regulation 2001 (as amended). He also said her request to proceed on maternity leave as a single parent was not recommended for approval. Besides, he said, part 12 (cool (ii) of the Regulations provide that no female staff that has served the agency for less than four years shall be allowed to be a single parent.

Ofoyeju said after undergoing administrative disciplinary procedures through the Senior Staff Disciplinary Committee, Francisca was found guilty and her appointment was subsequently terminated as provided by the regulations.

It will be recalled last week, this case hit the Senate floor, with Francisca accusing the NDLEA of terminating her appointment simply because she married a driver in the NDDC.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Kinkinatus(m): 5:21pm On Dec 22, 2009
Now the story begins to make some sense, so it would appear from the NDLEA side of the story posted above, that she flaunted company policy by marrying a deportee from Spain who was deemed to be a security risk y NDLEA. She then went on to get pregnant for said driver. If he was deemed a security risk, how come he got a job driving for NDLEA? That part is very fishy. Why would NDLEA employ as a driver, some one seen as a security risk? I think there is some mis-communication going on here, and facts need to be separated from fiction.

It would appear that even with the NDLEA side of the story, there is more to this than meets the eye. Is it normal company policy in NDLEA to sack someone on grounds of disobeying direct management instructions? Probably. I wonder then if this is not one of those times when discretion could have been exercised by NDLEA top managers to save the very public and very international image of NDLEA from being tarnished. I guess the big bosses on NDLEA are not very media savvy and not far sighted in such matters either.
I think they also need to be sacked for allowing some short sighted and incompetent HR advisor/manager with agenda to embarass NDLEA to this extent. Just look at the damage limitation that would now need to be done! Shame NDLEA!
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by chelseabmw(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2009
i dey see danger danger, wahala dey
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Wrex(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
Okija_juju:

Thank God say them sack her.

She wan fall the Agency hand and image??  angry

If them no sack am, others go start to marry gatemen, cleaners, e.t.c.
What you just said is the most senseless statement i ever heard in my entire life, so,cleaners and gatemen are not human beings, that one na rubbish talk
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Wrex(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2009
Jeff hands:

Ha ha, what wrong with gettin married to someone you love.   Driver no be human.
i wonder ooooo
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Wrex(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2009
I think their is more to this story,
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Wrex(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2009
emisun:

may be somebody somewhere is interested in her.
maybe
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by OmoNaijaUK(m): 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2009
I guess one of the ogas wanted to eat from HER HONEY POT but she refused. Some issues had to be excalated!!!.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by MrCrackles(m): 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
Topic. . . .
Ever so wrong
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by otukpo(f): 8:06am On Dec 23, 2009
Kinkinatus:

Now the story begins to make some sense, so it would appear from the NDLEA side of the story posted above, that she flaunted company policy by marrying a deportee from Spain who was deemed to be a security risk y NDLEA. She then went on to get pregnant for said driver. If he was deemed a security risk, how come he got a job driving for NDLEA? That part is very fishy. Why would NDLEA employ as a driver, some one seen as a security risk? I think there is some mis-communication going on here, and facts need to be separated from fiction.

It would appear that even with the NDLEA side of the story, there is more to this than meets the eye. Is it normal company policy in NDLEA to sack someone on grounds of disobeying direct management instructions? Probably. I wonder then if this is not one of those times when discretion could have been exercised by NDLEA top managers to save the very public and very international image of NDLEA from being tarnished. I guess the big bosses on NDLEA are not very media savvy and not far sighted in such matters either.
I think they also need to be sacked for allowing some short sighted and incompetent HR advisor/manager with agenda to embarass NDLEA to this extent. Just look at the damage limitation that would now need to be done! Shame NDLEA!

The driver does not work with NDLEA but NDDC.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Iranoladun(f): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2009
If the NDLEA own story is true. I think the Senate committe have a task to review and amend the NDLEA act that forbids single parenthood or set criteria for maternity leave approval that is against the fundamental human right. embarassed

What most establishment practice is to grant a female employee maternity leave without pay if she has serve the company less than 6 months before the commencement of her confinement.

I wonder which law firm or HR consultant reviewed and recommended the NDLEA HR Policy shocked
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Dammyray(m): 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2009
Wonder's shall never end
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Theblessed(f): 1:04am On Dec 24, 2009
[b]Evil! What a cruel society! This is why I feel sick about this hopeless dead end of a Country called Nigeria. There are different laws for men/women as well as the rich and the poor and now, we are talking about Employment issues, it does not seem that Nigeria has any effective Employment Laws, her citizens can point to, what a hopeless country.  Here, we have a woman that has been discriminated against and there are no obvious laws that protects her rights (or anyone else), address/rectify the issues, not to talk of remedy the situation.

In the above situation, three important issues can be queried:
[list] 
Firstly, we note:

[li]Discrimination on grounds of Sex - Because she is a woman with a young family, could take time off work for her dependants and family and Company Policy frowns at that hence, the dismissal. Instead of Company to own up to this fact, they have totally useless argument in place. Now tell me, in a Country where there's no effective Employment Laws to protect employees obviously, Companies would marginalise employees and get away with it.  And now, she has been dismissed home, to be full-time domestic queen to her family and nurse the baby to her heart desires and we ask, where is the law to intervene and say, no! That's wrong, she can do both and do them damn well [/li]  In addition, there is a gender issue too, to address.

[li]Discrimination on grounds of Gender - According to the story, her dismissal was based on the fact that, she was an unmarried mother (whatever the truth?). However, we ask, if a man in the same role as her had a baby out of Wedlock with a woman somewhere probably, a vegetable seller in the market would he still be dismissed as a result? Obviously, not! They won't even talk about it let alone dismiss him, and we could all smell the double standard in operation here, don't we[/li] Finally, since Nigeria has no effective Employment laws, we assume she has no Human Rights Law in place as well therefore, as signatory to the United Nations she may have breached the United Nations Convention on Human Rights for not putting in place the tools to promote Human Rights in Nigeria as below.

[li] Breach of the United Nations Human Rights International Convention Article 3 - Nigerian Government may have breached her Human Rights on the basis of denying her freedom from arbitrary interference with privacy, family and home life (i.e. Company snooping into her private, family and home life), as well as the right to marry and found a family (and this covers the right/freedom to have children with any man she likes whether married or not) - these rights have been violated.  Therefore, she has every right to take Nigerian Government to Court on the basis of Human Rights abuses assuming she has the money or has a godfather to help her kick the Government butt as well as her Company.[/li]

[/list]
However, being a poor person and a woman for that matter the odds stack against her therefore, its a good thing she lobbied her Senator but should gather more support from people in similar circumstance/with past experiences all over the Country. Set up a website, get the press, radio stations, Churches, Charity Organisation etc involved and engaged in this matter if she can. This way, you help eradicate this dirty culture and the inequalities in our society.  Good luck, babe!!!

http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Publications/FactSheet2Rev.1en.pdf

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/law/cedaw-one.htm
[/b]
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by emmydee(m): 11:21am On Dec 24, 2009
wot nonsense!
wats their biz if she decides her choice to be a junior?
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by greateliso(m): 4:34pm On Dec 24, 2009
i hate discrimination.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by MUNEER2(m): 4:42pm On Dec 24, 2009
greateliso:

i hate discrimination.

So do i grin
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by gidson12(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2009
Wat of foking junior staffs grin
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by ifybabe(f): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2009
There is definitely something behind her story.Maybe she refused to go out with one of her superiors, the only way to punish her is to terminate her appointment,
Come to think of it, is it that our senate don't have better things to deliberate on than this. They should be discussing on her to move the country to greater heights instead of this.

NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE.
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by zegmart: 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2009
I hope justice will prevail. Wat a hellllllllllllllll
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 05, 2010
Re: NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver. by folahann(m): 1:31pm On Oct 04, 2011
She didn't give in. And to rub salt on the injury, she gave in to a driver. Let's sack her! - stupid people.

So what happened to this case?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs / Where Are Our Female Software Engineers? / Teachers Recruitment Exercise : Akwa Ibom Recalls Sacked 5000 Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.