Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,460 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs (8080 Views)

Women In Tech: How To Stand Out In A Male Dominated Industry / How Women Can Get Ahead In Male-dominated Sectors / 10 Male-dominated Careers/skills Where Women Will Also Shine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by dingbang(m): 5:29pm On Sep 14, 2021
I've observed through life that a lot of ladies are dominating job roles meant for men and this is commendable. As a woman doing such, you get to find out that people encourage you to continue and never give up, while some who are kind hearted even bless you financially as a form of encouragement. When you hammer, people would be like, eh, she don go sleep with one Alhaji like that, na why she go buy venza, not knowing it was your hardwork and doggedness that paid off, or someone liked your work and gave you a mad ass contract running into millions.

Benefits

1. You get free pass as a woman

2. You get more customers

3. Customers could even encourage you by telling you to keep the change.

Businesses/jobs you can engage in as a woman

1. Keke driving business

2. Barbing business

3. Painting jobs

4. POP jobs

5. Stamped concrete fixing (juicy)

6. Auto engineer

7. Tiling

8. Electrical wiring

9. Carpentry design

10. Roofing.

Make that bold decision as a woman today and take up jobs that the society thinks are only meant for women.

Bless you.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by bukatyne(f): 6:24pm On Sep 14, 2021
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Women enjoy more patronage and leeway in male dominated blue collar jobs if prospecting customers can get past the gender.

I notice that agberos do not collect money from women drivers (buses/cars and Kekes).

If the woman's vehicle breaks down, the men quickly jump out to help her push it. Peeps are also willing to leave their change with them.

In retrospect, I think it goes both ways.

Male hairdressers also enjoy more patronage and leeway.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by crackhaus: 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2021

1. Keke driving business

2. Barbing business

3. Painting jobs

4. POP jobs

6. Auto engineer

7. Tiling

8. Electrical wiring

9. Carpentry design

10. Roofing.

LoL..

The majority of Nigerian women are NOT interested in jobs like these.

People that have not finished living baby girl lifestyle, you're telling them to engage in jobs that will spoil their wig and makeup.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by dingbang(m): 6:39pm On Sep 14, 2021
bukatyne:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Women enjoy more patronage and leeway in male dominated blue collar jobs if prospecting customers can get past the gender.

I notice that agberos do not collect money from women drivers (buses/cars and Kekes).

If the woman's vehicle breaks down, the men quickly jump out to help her push it. Peeps are also willing to leave their change with them.

true it does go both ways, it is a pity that many ladies do not really understand the vast opportunities that await them when they fit into such roles. I'm currently sponsoring a lady on barbing training and when she is done, i'll set up a barbing shop for her so she can fend for herself. I really don't like the way she asks men for little things like data or airtime.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by bukatyne(f): 6:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
dingbang:
true it does go both ways, it is a pity that many ladies do not really understand the vast opportunities that await them when they fit into such roles. I'm currently sponsoring a lady on barbing training and when she is done, i'll set up a barbing shop for her so she can fend for herself. I really don't like the way she asks men for little things like data or airtime.

What about her parents?

Keep up the good work.

4 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by dingbang(m): 6:56pm On Sep 14, 2021
bukatyne:

What about her parents?

Keep up the good work.
her mum recently called her for money to subscribe for gotv, her dad barely gives her money and she finds it worrisome.

From her conversations with male friends on phone, she always asks for data or recharge card, i try to advise her against such as they would take advantage of her as she doesnt have to depend on men for her day to day needs.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by efficiencie(m): 2:25am On Sep 15, 2021
Financial success almost always comes down to demand and supply...and has nothing to do with gender!

8 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Sonnobax15(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2021
cheesy
Na so
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by FutureIsFemale(f): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2021
dingbang:
I've observed through life that a lot of ladies are dominating job roles meant for men and this is commendable. As a woman doing such, you get to find out that people encourage you to continue and never give up, while some who are kind hearted even bless you financially as a form of encouragement. When you hammer, people would be like, eh, she don go sleep with one Alhaji like that, na why she go buy venza, not knowing it was your hardwork and doggedness that paid off, or someone liked your work and gave you a mad ass contract running into millions.

Benefits

1. You get free pass as a woman

2. You get more customers

3. Customers could even encourage you by telling you to keep the change.

1. Keke driving business

2. Barbing business

3. Painting jobs

4. POP jobs

6. Auto engineer

7. Tiling

8. Electrical wiring

9. Carpentry design

10. Roofing.

Make that bold decision as a woman today and take up jobs that the society thinks are only meant for women.

Bless you.

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by vickydevoka(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2021
bukatyne:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

For that male hairdresser u are very right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Goldbw122(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2021
Women cant do mens job, they will get old faster because of the stress involve. So they prefer simple joba like hair dresser, fashion, model, makeuos job and many more, so getting into the male jobs is a no no... Let them keep enjoying their baby life style as one of the commenter said above me..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by greenie77: 7:35am On Sep 15, 2021
Encouraging.
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Sonnobax15(m): 7:35am On Sep 15, 2021
dingbang:
Good one bro,na God go bless you... Don't gimme fish, instead,teach me how to fish..

2 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Walkee: 7:36am On Sep 15, 2021
Make una rest

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by cococandy(f): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2021
You don’t get a free pass as a woman.

In fact, you constantly have to prove yourself. Prove that you’re capable, just as smart, work twice as hard to earned your place etc. all that to still be assumed less knowledgeable or competent.

But yes I agree with the topic. Women should venture more into traditionally male dominated fields. That’s one way to fight the assumptions and generalizations

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by wilcox(m): 7:38am On Sep 15, 2021
Who will now be slaying on the Streets, who will occupy the front sits of those exotic cars that is littered everywhere?
If only girls know the power they have in the above mentioned field, the won't relent in taking up such job as occupation.
I know a girl who is into furniture and interior decoration, she has made it big and living the life of a super woman at her own expense

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Emeka71(m): 7:44am On Sep 15, 2021
That means majority of babes should go and learn mechanic.
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by emmanuel1277: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2021
Omo
See some girls even dey join us for lagbuke these days

Omo even if they are not as strong
Some go just dey fetch water
Others go dey do carreir if na casting them do that day
Some wey strong even dey carry block

Omo na these mumu rain nai just spoil things for us now......no work
Anyway if anybody fit reason me small thing make man take see road for the main time
First bank
I go too appreciate
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by ukaface(f): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2021
This one na IELTS essay question.

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by KushLyon(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2021
Na so dem carry VC give woman for uniben, see rubbish wey she dey do now. Abeg abeg

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by wilcox(m): 7:49am On Sep 15, 2021
I disagree with your first assertion, as long as she can prove that she's good in what she does then she stand a better chance than a guy in getting a job. Mind you even as guy you have to proof that you are good in your job before you can be given that job.
cococandy:
You don’t get a free pass as a woman.

In fact, you constantly have to prove yourself. Prove that you’re capable, just as smart, work twice as hard to earned your place etc. all that to still be assumed less knowledgeable or competent.

But yes I agree with the topic. Women should venture more into traditionally male dominated fields. That’s one way to fight the assumptions and generalizations

6 Likes

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Lumig: 7:50am On Sep 15, 2021
undecided
Let them go and dominate our military na, and fight all our wars. Awọn Oniyeye

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by omooba969(m): 7:50am On Sep 15, 2021
Most girls are just lazy, even if you bring any of such jobs to their doorsteps they will not fancy it. They're now used to the fast money culture.

Let's not forget that most of our children are not raised/trained on the art of making money.

Desperation/humiliation often drive some of our girls to pick up these types of jobs.
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Schprobs: 7:50am On Sep 15, 2021
Africa is gradually falling apart our Africa women that we cherish so much that we care a lot abt them now u lazy men want them to pick up menial jobs, thunder fire u

How many of u pray ur mother should be a bricklayer

How many of u want ur wife to be a carpenter

The country has really deepen by poverty

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 15, 2021
But unfortunately, men going into female dominated jobs is the direct opposite
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by wunmi590(m): 7:53am On Sep 15, 2021
Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by GOVERNMENTBOY20: 7:53am On Sep 15, 2021
Where is the job . Women no like stress

1 Like

Re: Why Women Should Get Into Male Dominated Jobs by CSTRR: 7:59am On Sep 15, 2021
When are men entering into female dominated jobs like hairdressing, catering, make- over, and daycare?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Words That Sabotage Your Cv! / Sanofi Admits Five In Its Internship Programme. / NDLEA Sacks Female Staff For Marrying A Driver.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.