Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14149 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by 2tait: 2:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
JUST LET AMODU BE. IF NIGERIA NEEDS A NEW COACH OR COACHES, LETZ BEGIN NOW TO LOOK FOR A WORLD CLASS COACH AND SUBJECT HIM TO SERIOUS SCRUTINY OVER A PERIOD OF SIX (6) MONTHS. THE NEW COACH OR COACHES CAN THEN DEVELOP A NEW TEAM, SHOW HIS CLASS AND PUSH TO ACHIEVE WHATEVER TARGET HE IS GIVEN. LET AMODU TAKE NIGERIA TO ANGOLA AND SOUTH AFRICA!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 3:02pm On Dec 29, 2009
Did anybody see how Chelsea's defence played like schoolboys under Ancelotti yesterday?

If that was Amodu, what would people say?

People that kno nada about football.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

Did anybody see how Chelsea's defence played like schoolboys under Ancelotti yesterday?

If that was Amodu, what would people say?

People that kno nada about football.

Amodu is not a good coach. . . . . . .He might be the best in Africa but i doubt he can beat his peers in Europe tactically/technically.
You keep citing his achievement of qualifying us for the world cup but shouldn't that be Nigeria's birth right.

5 African teams go to the world cup and by default. . . . . .Nigeria should always be there.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 3:33pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Amodu is not a good coach. . . . . . .He might be the best in Africa but i doubt he can beat his peers in Europe tactically/technically.
You keep citing his achievement of qualifying us for the world cup but shouldn't that be Nigeria's birth right.

5 African teams go to the world cup and by default. . . . . .Nigeria should always be there.

No, it should not be Nigeria's birthright.

It is not necessarily the best teams that go to WC.

Nigeria is not even in the top 3 teams in Africa and might be joint 4th with 2 teams, so very vulnerable to being one of the best not going.

What makes Amodu not good?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Katsumoto: 3:36pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Correct, no one has the right to call himself/herself a coach if he can not get Nigeria to the WC as one of Africa's 5 representatives. Struggling with Liberia was no achievement as was struggling Tunisia who aren't playing particularly well at the moment.

Amodu is not even the best African coach. He has to win the ANC more times than Shehata to be called the best in Africa. The issues I have with Amodu are
1. Too many defensive mid-fielders - Mikel, Ajilore, Keita, Olofinjana
2. Too many strikers
3. He does not motivate
4. Team has no balance - you should not play the best players at your disposal; you should field the best players in the formation that will bring glory.
5. Amodu plays 4-2-4 which is an out-dated formation. No successful team plays that formation any more.
6. That team requires a 10, 11, 7. He should have found players for those positions in the local league. Not every one must come from Europe.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

No, it should not be Nigeria's birthright.
It is not necessarily the best teams  that go to WC.

Show me a continent where the best teams there don't go to WC.

Nigeria is not even in the top 3 teams in Africa and might be joint 4th with 2 teams, so very vulnerable to being one of the best not going.

I admit we are not among the top 3 teams in Africa but FIFA allow 5 African teams so by your own estimation, Nigeria should be the 4th/5th qualifying team.
This is why i said with 5 teams qualifying in Africa, Nigeria should be making it by default!!!!

What makes Amodu not good?

His tactical approach, no player has developed under him, he has not found a new gem.
How many times does he travel to monitor his players in Europe?
Would you bet your mortgage that Amodu will qualify us for the 2nd round in the world cup?

When Westerhof took us to USA, i knew Nigeria would qualify even though we were drawn in the same group with Maradona and Stoichkov.

Katsumoto:

Correct, no one has the right to call himself/herself a coach if he can not get Nigeria to the WC as one of Africa's 5 representatives. Struggling with Liberia was no achievement as was struggling Tunisia who aren't playing particularly well at the moment.

Depending on other result in the group to qualify is not actually an achievement.
Nigerians deserve better.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:11pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

Show me a continent where the best teams there don't go to WC.

I admit we are not among the top 3 teams in Africa but FIFA allow 5 African teams so by your own estimation, Nigeria should be the 4th/5th qualifying team.

This is why i said with 5 teams qualifying in Africa, Nigeria should be making it by default!!!!

Apart from Brazil and Germany, no other team has qualified for every WC.

England did not qualify in 1994 for WC.

Holland did not qualify in 2002, 1986 and 1982 for WC.

Uruguay did not qualify in 1994 and 1998 for WC despite winning Copa America in 1995.

Colombia did not qualify in 2002 for WC despite winning Copa America in 2001.

Furthermore

Spain did not qualify in 1992 for Eurocup.

Italy did not qualify in 1992 for Eurocup.

England did not qualify in 2008 for Eurocup.

I have tried to be fair with my arguments by not going beyond 1980. That is just my style. If I did, the list would be more exhuastive.

~Sauron~:

His tactical approach, no player has developed under him, he has not found a new gem.

So what about Ike Uche?

~Sauron~:

How many times does he travel to monitor his players in Europe?

As long as he is meeting his target, and is obviously selecting the best players we have, it is not in my place to question his tactics of monitoring.

~Sauron~:

Would you bet your mortgage that Amodu will qualify us for the 2nd round in the world cup?

I would bet on Amodu, but I don't think we have a team that has a birthright to second round. Their are a lot of teams with better players than us.

I don't particularly think our players are better than South Korea's or Greece's.

~Sauron~:

When Westerhof took us to USA, i knew Nigeria would qualify even though we were drawn in the same group with Maradona and Stoichkov.

We all had blind optimism then. We were fed parochial views and all superhyped. We all even thought we would thrash Brazil.

Luckily we had hungry players that were willing to pull their weight in a once-a-lifetime opportunity.

~Sauron~:

Depending on other result in the group to qualify is not actually an achievement.
Nigerians deserve better.

Never losing a game in 12 and winning 9 is an achievement.

Never losing a game in 24 matches and winning 19 is a super achievement.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2009
Katsumoto:

Please check your history.

It was Bonfrere, the super white winch that won Olympics, that was struggling with Liberia. Amodu only came to save you from 3rd in the group with 3 games to go, and took you to 1st in the group by winning all remaining matches.

Katsumoto:

1. Too many defensive mid-fielders - Mikel, Ajilore, Keita, Olofinjana

Apart from Keita, most of this guys are really CMFers.

He uses 3 in attack so kini big deal?

Katsumoto:

2. Too many strikers

And they win. So, and so?

Katsumoto:

3. He does not motivate

So how come the players were scoring critical goals in the last minutes?

Katsumoto:

4. Team has no balance - you should not play the best players at your disposal; you should field the best players in the formation that will bring glory.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

What balance are you looking for? The ones for losing games?

Feel free to explain by using an approach of comparing with England.

Katsumoto:

5. Amodu plays 4-2-4 which is an out-dated formation. No successful team plays that formation any more.

I take it you don't watch SE football, you just read it from somewhere.

4-2-4  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry, na 2-3-5 he dey play.

Katsumoto:

6. That team requires a 10, 11, 7. He should have found players for those positions in the local league. Not every one must come from Europe.

Finally, a good point.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

Apart from Brazil and Germany, no other team has qualified for every WC.

England did not qualify in 1994 for WC.

Holland did not qualify in 2002, 1986 and 1982 for WC.

Uruguay did not qualify in 1994 and 1998 for WC despite winning Copa America in 1995.

Colombia did not qualify in 2002 for WC despite winning Copa America in 2001.

U cannot argue that Holland and England are the best teams in Europe. . . .
Germany, France, Italy are ahead in pecking order so this analogy is not airtight.
There's an empirical evidence that Nigeria is amongst the top 4 countries in Africa.

In South America, Brazil + Argentina are the super powers.
The other positions are up for grabs.
Nigeria has had so much dominance in Africa it will be a travesty if we don't qualify for ACN or WC.

Spain did not qualify in 1992 for Eurocup.

Italy did not qualify in 1992 for Eurocup.

England did not qualify in 2008 for Eurocup.

I have tried to be fair with my arguments by not going beyond 1980. That is just my style. If I did, the list would be more exhuastive.

Qualification is more difficult in Europe than in Africa.
There are many strong countries in Europe. . . .so many teams have equal strength which makes qualification a bit tedious.
It's not the same with Africa.

So what about Ike Uche?

1 player out of 23 players.
Do you know how many players Westerhof exhumed from the Nigerian league?

As long as he is meeting his target, and is obviously selecting the best players we have, it is not in my place to question his tactics of monitoring.

Angola will be a true test. He must deliver in Angola and i'll be here in 3 weeks time to see how good Amodu is.

I would bet on Amodu, but I don't think we have a team that has a birthright to second round. Their are a lot of teams with better players than us.

Westerhof did.
Bruno Metsu took Senegal to Q/finals.
Cameroun also reached Q/finals in Italia 90.
Amodu has no excuse. . . . . . He is not new in managing a national team.

I don't particularly think our players are better than South Korea's or Greece's.

On paper, we shouldn't have topped our group in USA 94.
Bulgaria had Stoichkov and Argentina had Caniggia and Maradona but Westerhof topped his group.
Are you saying Nigeria in 94 were better than Argentina and Bulgaria?

We all had blind optimism then. We were fed parochial views and all superhyped. We all even thought we would thrash Brazil.

Blind optimism?
Nigeria were good value then.
Ariggo Sacchi said he woulda taken that team to win the WC.

Luckily we had hungry players that were willing to pull their weight in a once-a-lifetime opportunity.

It's called MOTIVATION. . . . .A virtue a manager has to instil in his players.
I am not convinced Amodu has injected that to his players yet.

Never losing a game in 12 and winning 9 is an achievement.
Never losing a game in 24 matches and winning 19 is a super achievement.

Obviously, you are attracted to his results and completely ignoring his brand of football.
One can win trophies by playing beautiful football. USA94 team qualified for the world cup, won the nations cup and they play beautiful football.
The brand of attacking football Nigeria played in 1994 is better than sex. cheesy grin

I want Amodu to emulate that. . . . . .Police football is tiresome.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

U cannot argue that Holland and England are the best teams in Europe. . . .
Germany, France, Italy are ahead in pecking order so this analogy is not airtight.
There's an empirical evidence that Nigeria is amongst the top 4 countries in Africa.

This analogy is very apt.

At any point in time in football after the 70s, it is arguable that Holland and England will always be one of the best 7 teams in Europe. So if Europe is contributing 13 to 15 teams in the WC finals, and a team in the top 7 does not not qualify then I have shown you examples of where the best teams did not qualify as you requested.

Surely you are not telling me you think there is a time when either of this teams are not in the top 10, talkless of 13, in Europe?

~Sauron~:

In South America, Brazil + Argentina are the super powers.
The other positions are up for grabs.
Nigeria has had so much dominance in Africa it will be a travesty if we don't qualify for ACN or WC.

If a country is beating Brazil and or Argentina and winning the Copa America, it would be safe to say they will be in the top 5, even if you choose not to say top 3, in South America.

So if South America is contributing 5 teams to the WC and this guys are not there, then I have aptly provide you with another set of evidence of where the best teams don't go.

FYI, Argentina did not qualify in 1970.

~Sauron~:

Qualification is more difficult in Europe than in Africa.
There are many strong countries in Europe. . . .so many teams have equal strength which makes qualification a bit tedious.
It's not the same with Africa.

As I said earlier above, it is increasingly being the case in Africa as more teams now have FB players unlike the 90s. It is no more the 7-0 continent.

Surely you can not tell me we are that much better than Tunisia and should always beat them? Was CIV able to beat Mozambique?

Just like Spain can struggle sometimes to beat Denmark, and can even lose. So it is now in Africa that Nigeria will struggle to beat Togo and can even lose if not careful. Amodu is yet to lose.

~Sauron~:

1 player out of 23 players.
Do you know how many players Westerhof exhumed from the Nigerian league?

Westerhof operated in the 1990s when our football was in rapid growth. Very few teams in Africa had overseas players. One of the best in Africa then CIV had only about 3 FB players in the 23 players of their national team.

That is no more the case, most of the best countries in Africa can easily pick 18 players from abroad. Football has completely matured in Africa as Europe has openned up their leagues.

How many players has Capello unearthed? How many has Lippi unearthed? How many has the CIV coach unearthed? And in Ghana? In Cameroun.

Once you are a national team that can pick from a vast FB pool, their is really not much to unearth. He could probably do better, but it is definitely no basis to say because of this he is not good.

It is even more difficult to unearth in a country with a good Youth and Olympic record of recent as the public would have seen them before.

~Sauron~:

Angola will be a true test. He must deliver in Angola and i'll be here in 3 weeks time to see how good Amodu is.

Condoms in the luggage please.

~Sauron~:

Westerhof did.
Bruno Metsu took Senegal to Q/finals.
Cameroun also reached Q/finals in Italia 90.
Amodu has no excuse. . . . . . He is not new in managing a national team.

On paper, we shouldn't have topped our group in USA 94.
Bulgaria had Stoichkov and Argentina had Caniggia and Maradona but Westerhof topped his group.
Are you saying Nigeria in 94 were better than Argentina and Bulgaria?

Yes, they did. We have to give Amodu the same opportunity like them before we know if he can too.

~Sauron~:

Blind optimism?
Nigeria were good value then.
Ariggo Sacchi said he woulda taken that team to win the WC.

I suspect that is just a whiteman patronising us. But you might disagree.

~Sauron~:

It's called MOTIVATION. . . . .A virtue a manager has to instil in his players.
I am not convinced Amodu has injected that to his players yet.

I have seen bits of it. It takes time to do such. It took Westerhof 5 years. So I will give Amodu a bit more time to see more of it.

~Sauron~:

Obviously, you are attracted to his results and completely ignoring his brand of football.
One can win trophies by playing beautiful football. USA94 team qualified for the world cup, won the nations cup and they play beautiful football.
The brand of attacking football Nigeria played in 1994 is better than sex. cheesy grin

I want Amodu to emulate that. . . . . .Police football is tiresome.

I agree 1994 football is better than sex.

But I would not fire a coach for not giving me that even though I have not got sex for years now.

I will wait for him to fail before sacking him.

I am not a big fan of SE football style at the moment and dream of the 90s football, neither am I a fan of England's, Italy's, Portugal's, Russia's, Brazil's football etc but I don't think they will sack their coach for that as long as he is delivering. Neither does it mean that their coaches are not good. Otherwise you are just saying all Italian coaches right from time are pants.

The only football that is sexy to me now is Spain and CIV.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2009
Sagamite:

I agree 1994 football is better than sex.

But I would not fire a coach for not giving me that even though I have not got sex for years now.

I will wait for him to fail before sacking him.

I am not a big fan of SE football style at the moment and dream of the 90s football, neither am I a fan of England's, Italy's, Portugal's, Russia's, Brazil's football etc but I don't think they will sack their coach for that as long as he is delivering. Neither does it mean that their coaches are not good. Otherwise you are just saying all Italian coaches right from time are pants.

The only football that is sexy to me now is Spain and CIV.

The question now is. . . . . At what point would you put your hands up that Amodu has failed?
Losing out in the next ACN in the group?
Losing out in the knock out rounds of the ACN?
Disgracing Nigeria in the group stage in South Africa?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 11:55pm On Dec 29, 2009
~Sauron~:

The question now is. . . . . At what point would you put your hands up that Amodu has failed?

Most of that is answered at the bottom part of my introductory post on this thread.

If he does not fail in those, i.e. he gets to the SF of ANC or wins it, then it would be if he embarasses himself at WC.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sauron1: 12:07am On Dec 30, 2009
Sagamite:

Most of that is answered at the bottom part of my introductory post on this thread.

If he does not fail in those, i.e. he gets to the SF of ANC or wins it, then it would be if he embarasses himself at WC.

*****Fingers crossed*********

I can't wait for the next 3 weeks when the battle of African Giants commences.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by akinalabi(m): 8:51am On Dec 30, 2009
~Sauron~:

For me, anything Berti Vogts or lower, then he has failed. grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by honeric01(m): 9:24am On Dec 30, 2009
@sauron

No team is a weak team again in football, new zealand might sound weird but they are party spoiler just like senegal was to france, slovakia is not an easy 3 points either just because you don't know their players. They weren't given the world cup ticket for free, look and study those countries they beat before getting the worldcup ticket. So I repeat, no team in the world cup is a walkover.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by vislabraye(m): 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2009
Ahmodu has tried, 

@akinalabi, At least he's better than Berti Vogts

The NFF and/or NFA never wanted to hire a foreign coach. If they pay the coach millions of dollars p.a how much go remain for them to chop.

My prayer for the SE is for them to atleast win a bronze medal,
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by BloodShed1: 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2009
To hell with Amodu, he has overstayed his unwelcome.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by alldone(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2009
well, with what is on ground Amodu tried.
i think if we can give our local coaches half of what we give foreign coaches, they will deliver.

i told my brother that volts will not do better than the Nigeria coaches and he even did worse.

i would have prefer siasia because on his own he will bring in a foreign assistance but the last time he did not do well.

what we can do now is to support our team and our coach.
cheers!
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 8:59am On Jan 01, 2010
@Sagameat or Sagamite or whatever you are
You prefer a coach that took international stars and WFoY to win only half of their games?

Why shouldn't I prefer the brazillian coach ahead of Amodu?
I think I have dignified you enough with my responses on Nairaland you are simply an aszhole

What did I tell you about not wanting to see you on NL commenting on football again?   angry
I guess there is a ring vibrating in your brain cheesy go for surgical operation its still early in the year 2010
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Iyineda(m): 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2010
deb:

@Sagameat or Sagamite or whatever you are
Why shouldn't I prefer the brazillian coach ahead of Amodu?
I think I have dignified you enough with my responses on Nairaland you are simply an aszhole
I guess there is a ring vibrating in your brain cheesy go for surgical operation its still early in the year 2010

lol. . Pathetic replies. . . that's all you can offer because Sagamite owned you and all the other naysayers on this thread. You have no proper argument that can back up your lazy-@ss assessments: "Mozambique qualified Nigeria for the WC 2010; Amodu is not a good coach; we needs a Braziliano coachzzz".

Amodu's tactical choices aren't my favourite but he has done his main task which was to qualify Nigeria for SA 2010. We have 6 months to go before the competition starts and the 1st and most decisive hurdle is the Afcon in Angola. Let's judge then.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2010
Iyineda:

lol. . Pathetic replies. . . that's all you can offer because Sagamite owned you and all the other naysayers on this thread. You have no proper argument that can back up your lazy-@ss assessments: "Mozambique qualified Nigeria for the WC 2010; Amodu is not a good coach; we needs a Braziliano coachzzz".

Amodu's tactical choices aren't my favourite but he has done his main task which was to qualify Nigeria for SA 2010. We have 6 months to go before the competition starts and the 1st and most decisive hurdle is the Afcon in Angola. Let's judge then.

Don't mind him. His intelligence is quite low.

Comparing my thinking to his, is like comparing Premiership to Conference League.

I don't expect facts from him, I expect conjectures typical of beer-parlour conversations.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2010
For those that think this is still the 1990s, I bet you would think if Nigeria should meet a team like Mali, then Mali should lie down and be walked all over.

Let me give you a snippet of some of the members of Mali national team:

1. Mahamadou Diarra - Real Madrid
2. Seydou Keita - Barcelona
3. Mohamed Sissoko - Juventus
4. Frédéric Kanouté - Sevilla

And virtually all the other members of the team are 1st team players in Europe, mainly a lot in France top flight.

You think that is a team that is a walk-over?

Mali lost to Algeria 7-0 in 1988, please name a team in Africa that will dare do that to them today.

Even name one in the World that can.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 1:33pm On Jan 04, 2010
Don't mind him. His intelligence is quite low.

Comparing my thinking to his, is like comparing Premiership to Conference League.

I don't expect facts from him, I expect conjectures typical of beer-parlour conversations.

Indeed you are so fool full of yourself! From here on, I will do what is done to a fool and that is observing SILENCE

I guess every opinion against your hero, Sagameat, is now that of a naysayer. You could simply tell us that we don't have a right to our opinion then like your master had been stressing it that we should stop commenting on nairaland just because he is the "Alpha" and the master of "facts" and "reasoning" on nairaland.

"Mozambique qualified Nigeria for the WC 2010; Amodu is not a good coach; we needs a Braziliano coachzzz".

Where did I state the above? Please read very well and understand before you comment. I only positioned that I prefer the present coach of the brazillian national team to Amodu and that is because your hero, Sagameat, once again tried to rubbish my opinion of preferring Nigeria to emulate Brazil and England.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 8:45pm On Jan 04, 2010
angry Will you take your ad to the telecoms section?! angry angry
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by salvo583: 8:49pm On Jan 04, 2010
i dont what to have anything with nigerian football,i prefer to watch african magic,magic world or better still zee cinema than to watch 9ja soccer.them don tire me ooo
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Iyineda(m): 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2010
deb:

I guess every opinion against your hero, Sagameat, is now that of a naysayer. You could simply tell us that we don't have a right to our opinion then like your master had been stressing it that we should stop commenting on nairaland just because he is the "Alpha" and the master of "facts" and "reasoning" on nairaland.

deb:

Where did I state the above? Please read very well and understand before you comment. I only positioned that I prefer the present coach of the brazillian national team to Amodu and that is because your hero, Sagameat, once again tried to rubbish my opinion of preferring Nigeria to emulate Brazil and England.

That statement was intentionally hyperbolical. I exaggerated. . . a bit. But it was only to make fun. Nothing to be taken seriously. I'm not a football analyst, and I know most of you out there aren't either. I'm just teasing and using a cheesy tone. That's all.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Kenyata(m): 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2010
@Sagamite

U're too much. This will go in to my archives as one of the most incisive analysis on football I've ever seen. Many thanks.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:28pm On Jan 05, 2010
Kenyata:

@Sagamite

U're too much. This will go in to my archives as one of the most incisive analysis on football I've ever seen. Many thanks.

Thanks, mate.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2010
deb:

Indeed you are so fool full of yourself! From here on, I will do what is done to a fool and that is observing SILENCE

Dimwit, if you give intelligent contributions, people will respect your opinions too.

Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but no one is entitled to repeatedly silly ones it dilutes the value of conversation which is an abuse of your right to an opinion.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 1:18pm On Jan 06, 2010
well said. Its just a few days to go (to AFCON i mean). Let him make it past the group stages. Personally i would want him to take us to the world cup cos i didn't like the injustice done to him last term (2002). But he's gotta prove himself. Below par performances, unimpressive displays, tactless subs, with the amount of technically gifted (albeit under employed) players we have are what have brought about so much criticism of his techniques. Mourinho didn't wow the crowd at chelsea, but he got the job done. 6 trophies in 3 seasons for a hitherto under-achieving club rival all the best achievements of any gaffer. And i know you would agree with me that he didn't have the best players, but brought out the best in them, in one season. Forget the amount he spent. In the first round of qualifiers we relied heavily on the technical genius of Ike Uche. In the second round, destiny saw us through, along with some help from CAF (v Mozambique away n at home). Play rubbish and take us to the finals of AFCON, thats the main goal. The end justifies the means in football terms.
If he must take us there, and we are not to make a mess of ourselves, then the least that should be done is for an assistant (technical) to be assigned to him. I still recommend Ten Cate. He is best suited. Dutch, would work as an assistant, low cost, unemployed, and still got the technical touch. Ask Avram Grant at Chelsea. wink cool kiss
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 1:43pm On Jan 06, 2010
snakova:

Below par performances, unimpressive displays, tactless subs, with the amount of technically gifted (albeit under employed) players we have are what have brought about so much criticism of his techniques.

Mate, I will disagree.

Below par performances? No! 9 wins out of 12, 9 clean sheets, no game lost is not below par in my opinion even if our SE was Holland. You can say 'Below par entertainment' but definitely not performance based on the team we have.

Unimpressive displays? Yeah, maybe in about 3 games or so.

Tactless subs? Really? Subs that result in critical goals when needed? So what would be "tactful" subbing then?

Technically gifted players? Not really. Nigeria is such an average team that if James Beattie of Stoke City that cannot enter the 4th team of England was Nigerian, he would be in our first team. Steve Malbranque that cannot smell the French team if he was Nigerian would be our talisman.

snakova:

Mourinho didn't wow the  crowd at chelsea, but he got the job done. 6 trophies in 3 seasons for a hitherto under-achieving club rival all the best achievements of any gaffer. And i know you would agree with me that he didn't have the best players, but brought out the best in them, in one season. Forget the amount he spent.

No, I disagree again. Mourinho had world class players and millions at his disposal. Lampard, Drogba, Joe Cole, Ashley Cole, Terry, Shevshenko, Essien, Kalou, Geremi etc. Those are some of the examples of class players he used.

snakova:

In the first round of qualifiers we relied heavily on the technical genius of Ike Uche. In the second round, destiny saw us through, along with some help from CAF (v Mozambique away n at home). Play rubbish and take us to the finals of AFCON, thats the main goal. The end justifies the means in football terms.
If he must take us there, and we are not to make a mess of ourselves, then the least that should be done is for an assistant (technical) to be assigned to him. I still recommend Ten Cate. He is best suited. Dutch, would work as an assistant, low cost, unemployed, and still got the technical touch. Ask Avram Grant at Chelsea. wink cool kiss

Oh, I get it.

Any good display by us is the technical effort of the players and destiny is the factor of our success.

But when England wins with a banana shot from Gerrard/Lampard or technique of Rooney, Capello is a genius?  undecided

I would recommend you suggest Ten Crates of Gulder for Capello instead. I think Amodu is doing OK. Room for improvements but he has not done badly enough to be condemned.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Mexico: Olympic Football Final (1 - 2) On Saturday August 11 2012 / EA Sports Releases FIFA '23 Rankings Ahead Of Women's World Cup / Some Pictures Of NPFL Weekend Matches At Ibadan And Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.