Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,740 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach (14143 Views)

Nigerians React To Sunday Oliseh Resigning As Super Eagles Coach. See Photos / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Give Three Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Or Be Sacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by deb(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2010
The irresponsible Amodu has once again in his tradition way, exonerated himself of any lethargic display by the
super-chickens.
This guy has never taken responsibility for any failure on his path and he calls himself a 'leader'. Anything that happens against
the team is not his fault and he is always passing the blame to the players alone. He is an azshole of the highest order and
NFF is a moronic association to have imposed a monkey like him on a brilliant nation like Nigeria.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
Sagamite,
i hope you will be man enough to rip up that senseless s M.Sc thesis u posted at the beginning of this thread,because if by now you are still convinced that Slowpoke Amodu is fit enough to take the Super Fools to SA in June,after that shocking performance of Tuesday,then you have no chance of making an honest living for yourself.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2010
@ Sagamite

Expectations are diminished for Nigeria at the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™, but it was not long ago that the Super Eagles were seen as the most likely African nation to finally reach the last four of a FIFA World Cup. And though they have just one point from their last five matches in the finals and missed out on Germany 2006 altogether, the continent’s most populous nation looks likely to be a dangerous dark horse with little to lose up against the world’s best.

That was how the side came to USA 94, where they dismantled eventual semi-finalists Bulgaria 3-0 in their first match before going on to cruelly fall 2-1 against Italy in the second round. However, that was not before the likes of Sunday Oliseh, Victor Ikpeba, Jay-Jay Okocha and Finidi George had become synonymous with the next generation of explosive African football (All xpt Okocha made by westerhof-  my reference)

Nigeria’s 3-0 waltz over Bulgaria in their USA 94 debut match was more remarkable given that the Europeans went on to beat Greece, Argentina, Mexico and Germany in the tournament.

Since Clemens Westerhof BUILT the 1994 side and left the Super Eagles, the team has been coached by such well-known European journeymen as Jo Bonfrere, Philippe Troussier, Bora Milutinovic and Berti Vogts.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/teams/team=43876/profile.html
The thread speaks for itself. Na Egypt don become a Maradona inspired Argentina or a Baggio inspired Italy? And a humiliating loss to Pharoahs at that. How many crates of gulder do you recommend for him this time? grin grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 2:35pm On Jan 14, 2010
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/sports/article02//indexn2_html?pdate=140110&ptitle=Amodu%20blames%20players%20for%20Eagles%27%20defeat

A word is enough for the wise. Shehata is the second tactician to make the same assessment of Amodu's SE.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Princek12(m): 11:23pm On Jan 14, 2010
Sagamite,

are you a malo? Because your support for Amodu, when Amodu clearly has shown that he cannot pick players based on their current fitness level, makes no sense. How can a coach pick unfit, injured players for an international tournament? That is a stupid coach.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by MrCrackles(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2010
Princek12:

Sagamite,

are you a malo? Because your support for Amodu, when Amodu clearly has shown that he cannot pick players based on their current fitness level, makes no sense. How can a coach pick unfit, injured players for an international tournament? That is a silly coach.
Sagamite and Amodu are flat mates. . . . wink
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2010
Princek12:

Sagamite,

are you a malo? Because your support for Amodu, when Amodu clearly has shown that he cannot pick players based on their current fitness level, makes no sense. How can a coach pick unfit, injured players for an international tournament? That is a silly coach.

You be team doctor? How do you know they are unfit?

Abi Ghana no pick Essien that just about to join today?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by ov: 12:55am On Jan 15, 2010
Well, i dont see the difference between nigeria, yar adull and amodu. THEY ALL bleeped UP. They earlier amodu leaves, the better for us.

Do you know the function of a national coach? Hope we all know it includes discovering and developing new talent! Amodu hasnt discovered any1 of credibility! He has not developed anyone as well. Unlike Westerhof (our most successfull coach ever). He developed soo many players. Name them. from oliseh to eguavon, from iroha to nwanu to amokachie. the list goes on and on.

Amodu is just not what we want OR need! i am sorry to his fans but the truth must be told. He is better off as a fan and supporter clubs member
PERIOD
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Princek12(m): 4:43am On Jan 15, 2010
Sagamite:

You be team doctor? How do you know they are unfit?

Abi Ghana no pick Essien that just about to join today?
You need help. Do you have to be a doctor to identify the fitness level of someone? It was obvious majority of the players could not run for 90 mins, and you are here running your mouth about being a team doctor to determine fitness. I guess you and Amodu have the same IQ and need a team doctor to tell you guys when someone is fit. As for others with a higher IQ, they don't need a doctor to tell them. All they have to do is watch how they run and play for 90 mins to determine their fitness level. Didn't you see how the U -17 boys chased the ball for 90 mins? Amodu himself has now conceded that certain players are not fit.

Fitness means stamina, since you don't know. Yusuf Mohammed, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, and Taye Taiwo are among the legions of players who are unfit and out of form. Your so called Amodu picked his team before the players demonstrated on the pitch their fitness level. What kind of rubbish is that? And you are still here supporting the same coach that is foolish enough to pick out of form players.

That is why Nigeria has problems--people like you. Instead of admitting you erred and fire the coach and hire a capable coach, you are still defending that inept coach called Amodu. When he now takes us to the world cup and he and his team perform woefully, you will start complaining. Why not fix the problem ahead of time?
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
Prince,
Do yourself a favour and stop answer that irresponsible Sagamite.Instead of the mad-hatter to shut up&swallow his empty pride,he's still here writing his usual rubbish.Defending the indefensible.
there were5Al-Ahly players that started that game,yet Amodu could open his smelly mouth to say our local league is rubbish.This is after Kano Pillars eliminated that ahly side in the last CAF CL.and one stupid person comes here after listening to Has-been Mumuni Alao to write an epistle that was torn to shreds by the very person in whose defense it was written.
@Sagamite,
we're still waiting for you to tell us if ur peanut head thinks this post is still valid.Amodu is just a sorry,sad joke &anyone who thinks he is fit to lead us to the WC is also a sorry&sad excuse&will not prosper in future,since that person is deliberately jeopardising the only thing that brings happiness to millions of Nigerians.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by FBS: 3:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Eastbay, padi mi, ki lon se le?   grin

@Topic
Amodu knows best. And I cannot understand why he couldn't pick a single home based player.
I'm trying to do a research see they are such teams as ours in this tourney.
It's beats me as to why a coach will deliberately want to fail and I'm hoping he is not one of those.

I won't castigate him. . .not just yet.  cheesy
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by kokorunna(m): 3:44pm On Jan 15, 2010
The guy is too soft and has lost his authority on the players , imagine still selecting Kanu. The guy spends most of his time on the Portsmouth bench. Yakubu and Obafemi should not be in the team, they are still recovering from injury, sorry to say the guy should retired.

No flair what so ever. grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by henryhemon(m): 3:56pm On Jan 15, 2010
@poster,
YOU are talking about past records,football has gone techno now and he doesn't fit at all,he is just too lame to lead Nigeria,i'm not putting the blame on his door steps cuz i can't manage such players i rather look for new players that has hunger and pride and tactically he is doesn't have any tactics left again,he's dumb.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2010
Princek12:

You need help. Do you have to be a doctor to identify the fitness level of someone? It was obvious majority of the players could not run for 90 mins, and you are here running your mouth about being a team doctor to determine fitness. I guess you and Amodu have the same IQ and need a team doctor to tell you guys when someone is fit. As for others with a higher IQ, they don't need a doctor to tell them. All they have to do is watch how they run and play for 90 mins to determine their fitness level. Didn't you see how the U -17 boys chased the ball for 90 mins? Amodu himself has now conceded that certain players are not fit.

When I say some of you are dum.b dimwits, you will think I am insulting you?

Are you saying the players that played the last match are all unfit? I even gave you credit that you meant the players recovering from injury.

Dimwit, so when they are playing week in, week out for their clubs, they were unfit?

Don't engage your cement brain to differentiate between unfit and slow.

Princek12:

Fitness means stamina, since you don't know. Yusuf Mohammed, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, and Taye Taiwo are among the legions of players who are unfit and out of form. Your so called Amodu picked his team before the players demonstrated on the pitch their fitness level. What kind of rubbish is that? And you are still here supporting the same coach that is foolish enough to pick out of form players.

That is why Nigeria has problems--people like you. Instead of admitting you erred and fire the coach and hire a capable coach, you are still defending that inept coach called Amodu. When he now takes us to the world cup and he and his team perform woefully, you will start complaining. Why not fix the problem ahead of time?

Nigeria is the way it is because dimwits like you arrogantly want to state your opinions rather than we having a society were the intelligent rule and set the rules you should follow.

Nigeria is full of arrogant but unintelligent preeks like you that think they are Giant of Africa without the foundation to suggest such.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 7:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
Eastbay:

Prince,
Do yourself a favour and stop answer that irresponsible Sagamite.Instead of the mad-hatter to shut up&swallow his empty pride,he's still here writing his usual rubbish.Defending the indefensible.
there were5Al-Ahly players that started that game,yet Amodu could open his smelly mouth to say our local league is rubbish.This is after Kano Pillars eliminated that ahly side in the last CAF CL.and one silly person comes here after listening to Has-been Mumuni Alao to write an epistle that was torn to shreds by the very person in whose defense it was written.
@Sagamite,
we're still waiting for you to tell us if your peanut head thinks this post is still valid.Amodu is just a sorry,sad joke &anyone who thinks he is fit to lead us to the WC is also a sorry&sad excuse&will not prosper in future,since that person is deliberately jeopardising the only thing that brings happiness to millions of Nigerians.

You are reta.rded.

If you had anything in your head and know anything about football, you would wait till the tournament finishes before you vomit you poo.

Dimwit, achieve something in your life and you will not need SE to be the only thing that brings happiness to your pathetic life.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 12:09am On Jan 16, 2010
Bloody re.tards!!!

When we ask them to suggest SE players they keep quiet:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-352170.96.html

Then they come after a match, and start saying "oh, Okoro should have been in the team", "Omokolonosita should have been keeper", Ojigbijigbiti should have been left midfield instead".

Buffooooooonic armchair critics.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 12:47am On Jan 16, 2010
e don reach make u begin curse all ur critics shocked grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 1:31am On Jan 16, 2010
Sagamite, I have been an Amodu supporter and I hope I still will be at the end of our participation in Angola 2010. However, I am fast loosing my confidence in him. From the initial preparations, invitation of  players to camp, selecting the final AFCON 23-man list, Starting 11 against Egypt, substitutions against Egypt etc, I must admit he got it all wrong. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till after the competition before posting a long and detailed epistle like you did on why I think he should be Fired or Not. Having said this, he hasn't failed yet, he has only faltered.

This is my 2 cents on the issue for now.

Meanwhile check out my dream squad to  to take to the world cup HERE. It has changed slightly from what I posted on that your thread the last time cos 'breeze don blow and fowl yansh don open' as this tournament has exposed the ineptitude and classlessness of some players.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 1:39am On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

This should be our starting line-up against Benin on Saturday.

Vincent Enyeama
Daniel Shittu
Onyekachi Apam
Chidi Odiah
Elderson Echiejile
Dickson Etuhu
Uche kalu
Mikel Obi
Osaze Odemwingie
Obinna Nsofor
Chinedu Obasi

They should play a 4-4-2 formation and line out like this

1-Enyeama

2-Odiah 6-Shittu 5-Apam 3-Echiejile

4-Etuhu

7-Odemwingie 10-Mikel 11-Nsofor

9-Obasi 8-Uche

Surprising inclusions shey? grin Believe me, this is the best starting 11 we can present from the 23 players at Angola 2010.

NB- The Nos represent their positions on the pitch. If Martins is fit to play he should start and pair Obasi in Attack while Kalu Uche plays as the Attacking Midfileder so Mikel drops to the Bench.
Just my two cents.

a team that doesnt have Yakubu in the Nigerian line-up is to be disregarded tongue the guy na mafia !

a team without Olofinjana will only mean he is not fit or Amodu just wants to monkey around with Etuhu and Ayila . . .Olofinjana is better by a mile,m u need to watch these guys in training to understand where am coming from cheesy

u put Shittu and Apam in ur team ? are u for real ? the only position that can be ceded to him right about now is the RB position and even at that I will count it a miracle if Ordiah doesnt start the next match . . .

People keep saying Amodu didnt discover anybody . . .who discovered Yusuff Mohammed ? only that the boy is a determined but piss-poor Arrow grin

The only sensible thing for Amodu to do is play

Enyeama

Ordia

Echejile

Shittu

Yobo - just because he is the captain, nothing more grin

Mikel

Olofinjana

Kalu

Osaze

Yakubu

Obasi

SUBS

Nsofor - - -this is the hope of the Nigerian team, whether we like it or not . . .against Argentina in the finals at the last Olympics, Siasia having built his team around Nsofor declined to do same and changed his plan, instead he deposited him on the left flank as against the free role he had been mastering, that effectively quelled our attacking prowess as he was wasted with Osaze as clueless as my brownest tooth grin

Kanu - - -any point bringing in this man as late as ARSENE WENGER is fond of doing ? undecided
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 8:07am On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Sagamite, I have been an Amodu supporter and I hope I still will be at the end of our participation in Angola 2010. However, I am fast loosing my confidence in him. From the initial preparations, invitation of  players to camp, selecting the final AFCON 23-man list, Starting 11 against Egypt, substitutions against Egypt etc, I must admit he got it all wrong. However, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and wait till after the competition before posting a long and detailed epistle like you did on why I think he should be Fired or Not. Having said this, he hasn't failed yet, he has only faltered.

This is my 2 cents on the issue for now.

Meanwhile check out my dream squad to  to take to the world cup HERE. It has changed slightly from what I posted on that your thread the last time cos 'breeze don blow and fowl yansh don open' as this tournament has exposed the ineptitude and classlessness of some players.

Bruv, if he fails, I wouldn't support him too.

That has been my point all this while. If he is meeting all his objectives and the stats are good, you no fit sack am.

Most of my points are now clear. Africa is no more the small and big teams continent. I said all the teams in ANC were strong bar Malawi. Did you see what Malawi played against Algeria? Outstanding. Did you see how Zambia dominated Tunisia? I wan faint. This is no more the 90s where you walk over teams, almost every team has FBs now.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 10:41am On Jan 16, 2010
I will have to finish watching the ANC to suggest who should be going to WC. I need to understand which players are just not redeemable, no matter whether they are regulars in their European team or not.

I think Muhammad had a horrible game, I don't know whether it is stage fright or something. But the guy has some crazy pace and I would not condemn him completely yet as not good enough for SE based on one match. I have seen Eboue having worse in a game for Arsenal. grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by ow11(m): 10:45am On Jan 16, 2010
Sagamite:

I will have to finish watching the ANC to suggest who should be going to WC. I need to understand which players are just not redeemable, no matter whether they are regulars in their European team or not.

I think Muhammad had a horrible game, I don't know whether it is stage fright or something. But the guy has some crazy pace and I would not condemn him completely yet as not good enough for SE based on one match. I have seen Eboue having worse in a game for Arsenal. grin

I thought Mohammed did quite well in the 2nd half. He got over the stage fright when he left Zidan to shoot in the first half. Taye Taiwo has again had a bad game for the SE and I am beginning to question his relevance in the national team.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2010
Dr Kitaun:

a team that doesnt have Yakubu in the Nigerian line-up is to be disregarded  tongue the guy na mafia !
Seriously, are you high on expired shepe or what? Bros no vex but abeg, try reduce your consumption of garrium sulphate and try see an optician to correct your eyesight. I can't believe you're talking about the same overfat, static & immobile, unfit and 'out of shape' Aiyegbeni in this competition.

Dr Kitaun:

a team without Olofinjana will only mean he is not fit or Amodu just wants to monkey around with Etuhu and Ayila . . .Olofinjana is better by a mile,m u need to watch these guys in training to understand where am coming from  cheesy
Defensively, Dickson Etuhu is better than Olofinjana and Ayila. The only thing is he's probably not as skillful as those two (which is probably what you mean by 'I need to watch them in training'). A coach should always place premium on how well a player can do his primary job and not the other secondary 'senrere'. I have watched Etuhu, Olofinjana and Ayila play for their clubs numerous times and I have come to this conclusion. My point is Etuhu does a better job of marking and breaking up opposing attacks than Ayila and Olofinjana. Apart from this he's fitter, faster and has better fighting spirit than those two. I don't need to watch them in training to determine this.

Dr Kitaun:

u put Shittu and Apam in your team ? are u for real ? the only position that can be ceded to him right about now is the RB position and even at that I will count it a miracle if Ordiah doesnt start the next match . . .
Don't knock Apam. After Dele Adeleye, he's probably our best central defender. He was a constant in Siasia's U-21 Team (Holland 2005) and Olympic team. He formed a formidable central defence partnership with Dele Adeleye in both competitions and they did very well in both competitions. You need to watch Apam in the final Beijing Olympics qualifying match against Ghana in Accra to realise the boy is sheer class. He also did very well with Adeleye @ the olympics. He marks very well, doesn't set silly and unnecessary offside traps, doesn't lose concentration, is very difficult to beat, is not prone to errors and he has a fighting spirit like no other. The only time Apam hasn't played too well for the S.E was when he was fielded at right-back. Put him in central defence and you'll get the best out of him. Believe it or not, the future central defence pair of the S.E is Dele Adeleye and Onyekachi Apam.

Now Shittu - I agree and admit Shittu's physique for a footballer is a bit off. Initially, I didn't like him but he cast all my doubts aside with his splendid performance in Ghana 2008 where he emerged as our best defender (abi, u wan contest this one?). If he's fit and can re-enact that form, he's definitely preferable to the lazy and error-prone Yobo and that sorry excuse for a footballer called Nwaneri. Yes, one more thing- Shittu plays with all his heart (unlike Yobo) and will close mark a player unlike that dimwit and slow poke called Nwaneri who is afraid of going too close to a player cos he doesn't wanna get dribbled.

Dr Kitaun:

People keep saying Amodu didnt discover anybody . . .who discovered Yusuff Mohammed ? only that the boy is a determined but piss-poor Arrow  grin
Are you now defending Amodu? Ok, Amodu discovered Yusuf Mohammed but it's now obvious the guy ain't S.E material. In short, the guy is another Jero Shakpore, a complete misfit.

Dr Kitaun:

The only sensible thing for Amodu to do is play

Enyeama

Ordia

Echejile

Shittu

Yobo - just because he is the captain, nothing more  grin

Mikel

Olofinjana

Kalu

Osaze

Yakubu

Obasi

It's funny how you  contradict yourself. The Osaze u obviously don't like (judging from your previous posts) and refer to as clueless here is strolling into your 1st 11 shey? Care to explain this?. undecided grin And why would you play Yobo just becos he's captain? undecided  Besides wetin Shittu wey u dey tackle me on dey do for your starting 11 sef? Make up your mind my friend. . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . are you another Amodu? I won't even bother to comment on Yakubu in that your team until you take to my advice above grin wink

Lest I forget, I'm beginning to harbour some doubts about Vincent Enyeama.

Dr Kitaun:

Nsofor - - -this is the hope of the Nigerian team, whether we like it or not . . .against Argentina in the finals at the last Olympics, Siasia having built his team around Nsofor declined to do same and changed his plan, instead he deposited him on the left flank as against the free role he had been mastering, that effectively quelled our attacking prowess as he was wasted with Osaze as clueless as my brownest tooth  grin

Kanu - - -any point bringing in this man as late as ARSENE WENGER is fond of doing ?  undecided
So Nsofor (the hope of the Nigerian team IYO) will start from the bench in your team and you're asking me whether Kanu should come in as a late sub or not abi? Bros, simply put Nsofor should start and Kanu should have retired 4 years ago. That guy doesn't have what it takes anymore.

My conclusion - stick to commenting on Premiership and club soccer. You no sabi 'nada' about Naija footie. Gbam! tongue grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by chidichris(m): 11:36am On Jan 16, 2010
it is obvious that even if amodu comes out to tell nigerians that he is a failure, things like sagamite will still tell amodu that he(amodu) is a lying.
even my mother could not change mikel for kanu in our last match.

Dear Sagamite,
pls tell amodu to make use of the line with white colour beside the picth as it is mearnt for coaches.
pls tell him, that that line is for the use of coaches to past instructions to their players especially when they are not comfortbale with their performance during a match.
even if he does not learn that in his coaching school, he used be looking at other coaches.
tell the coach that smoking ganja and having red eyes is not good enough reason to be hiding behing the poles.
tell him that he is killing the spirit of football in the lives of nigerians.
tell that thing that is not by force to be a coach.
thanks, for your understanding,
chidichris
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 1:15pm On Jan 16, 2010
chidichris:

it is obvious that even if amodu comes out to tell nigerians that he is a failure, things like sagamite will still tell amodu that he(amodu) is a lying.

Dear Sagamite,
pls tell amodu to make use of the line with white colour beside the picth as it is mearnt for coaches.
pls tell him, that that line is for the use of coaches to past instructions to their players especially when they are not comfortbale with their performance during a match.
even if he does not learn that in his coaching school, he used be looking at other coaches.
tell the coach that smoking ganja and having red eyes is not good enough reason to be hiding behing the poles.
chidichris

Muppet, even though I like to see a coach stand up, there is a coach called Valery Lobanosky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valery_Lobanovsky

He never stands up from his seat, he was well known for that. He never even NEVER celebrate a goal his team scores, I repeat, he does not celebrate his team's goals. He just seats at the corner of the team's bench like if he is fan (a reserved one) watching a boring game of his club's youth team. That is why if you look in the link, the remembrance monument built in his honour showed him sitting down like a "mumu" as your uninformed minds like to postulate.

Yet he won 3 European cups, 1 European Super Cup, 5 league titles and 3 League cups. Got to the SF of Champions League 3 times (In 1999, flogging Arsenal and Real Madrid), to the QF 5 times (In 1998, flogging Barcelona twice, 3-0 and 4-0 H & A, goals he did not celebrate). Got to the UEFA Cup winners Cup QF 2 times.

He took UAE to there first ever WC, took them past the first round the Asian Cup for the first time in their history and reached the SFs.

All these was achieved sitting down with a taciturn face, so your Alaba market scientific validation does not count for much in my brain.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
chidichris:

Dear Sagamite,
chidichris
Seriously, I don't understand why most peeps are making an issue out of the fact that Amodu sits down mostly during a game. This one no be big deal na, haba! Wetin una think sey Amokachi dey do sef? Simple - He's passing instructions to the team on behalf of Amodu Shuaibu.

Shey una never see teams wey their coaches go stand and shout instructions to the team for the entire 90 minutes and they end up loosing ni? My point is you can say Amodu is tactically and technically deficient, im no sabi make substitutions, im no sabi select starting 11 bla bla bla BUT his standing up or not shouldn't be an issue. All this local beer parlour football analysts sef. I'm sure they couldn't even select 11 players to prosecute a match for the SE if giving the chance. Come and prove me wrong HERE if you fit, otherwise shut the f.u.!c.k up.

You guys should also quit attacking Sagamite. He's very correct about Amodu as he- Amodu's record speaks volumes for him. Na results and record them dey take judge good coach and Amodu has this. Moreover, this competition ain't over yet. Amodu has only faltered, he hasn't failed yet. Lets wait until the end of our participation in this competition before calling for his sack or not.

This is my 2 cents for now
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by DrKitaun(m): 2:22pm On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Seriously, are you high on expired shepe or what? Bros no vex but abeg, try reduce your consumption of garrium sulphate and try see an optician to correct your eyesight. I can't believe you're talking about the same overfat, static & immobile, unfit and 'out of shape' Aiyegbeni in this competition.
Defensively, Dickson Etuhu is better than Olofinjana and Ayila. The only thing is he's probably not as skillful as those two (which is probably what you mean by 'I need to watch them in training'). A coach should always place premium on how well a player can do his primary job and not the other secondary 'senrere'. I have watched Etuhu, Olofinjana and Ayila play for their clubs numerous times and I have come to this conclusion. My point is Etuhu does a better job of marking and breaking up opposing attacks than Ayila and Olofinjana. Apart from this he's fitter, faster and has better fighting spirit than those two. I don't need to watch them in training to determine this.
Don't knock Apam. After Dele Adeleye, he's probably our best central defender. He was a constant in Siasia's U-21 Team (Holland 2005) and Olympic team. He formed a formidable central defence partnership with Dele Adeleye in both competitions and they did very well in both competitions. You need to watch Apam in the final Beijing Olympics qualifying match against Ghana in Accra to realise the boy is sheer class. He also did very well with Adeleye @ the olympics. He marks very well, doesn't set silly and unnecessary offside traps, doesn't lose concentration, is very difficult to beat, is not prone to errors and he has a fighting spirit like no other. The only time Apam hasn't played too well for the S.E was when he was fielded at right-back. Put him in central defence and you'll get the best out of him. Believe it or not, the future central defence pair of the S.E is Dele Adeleye and Onyekachi Apam.

Now Shittu - I agree and admit Shittu's physique for a footballer is a bit off. Initially, I didn't like him but he cast all my doubts aside with his splendid performance in Ghana 2008 where he emerged as our best defender (abi, u wan contest this one?). If he's fit and can re-enact that form, he's definitely preferable to the lazy and error-prone Yobo and that sorry excuse for a footballer called Nwaneri. Yes, one more thing- Shittu plays with all his heart (unlike Yobo) and will close mark a player unlike that dimwit and slow poke called Nwaneri who is afraid of going too close to a player cos he doesn't wanna get dribbled.
Are you now defending Amodu? Ok, Amodu discovered Yusuf Mohammed but it's now obvious the guy ain't S.E material. In short, the guy is another Jero Shakpore, a complete misfit.

It's funny how you  contradict yourself. The Osaze u obviously don't like (judging from your previous posts) and refer to as clueless here is strolling into your 1st 11 shey? Care to explain this?. undecided grin Ahd why would you play Yobo just becos he's captain? undecided  Besides wetin Shittu wey u dey tackle me on dey do for your starting 11 sef? Make up your mind my friend. . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . are you another Amodu? I won't even bother to comment on Yakubu in that your team until you take to my advice above grin wink

Lest I forget, I'm beginning to harbour some doubts about Vincent Enyeama.
So Nsofor (the hope of the Nigerian team IYO) will start from the bench in your team and you're asking me whether Kanu should come in as a late sub or not abi? Bros, simply put Nsofor should start and Kanu should have retired 4 years ago. That guy doesn't have what it takes anymore.

My conclusion - stick to commenting on Premiership and club soccer. You no sabi 'nada' about Naija footie. Gbam! tongue grin

its irrelevant what u think I am smoking or consuming  tongue Yakubu is one of the most consistent players Nigeria ever had, has he been scoring goals ? yes ! has he been too good ? maybe no ! who do u replace him with ? ENERAMO ?

Guy use ur brain !!!  embarassed

Owen despite looking way past his prime cant be overlooked in selecting the National team, neither can Heskey be discarded, do I NEED TO REMIND U THAT UR PAST PERFORMANCE FOR A TEAM COUNTS what is the meaning of experience ?

Kanu has never scored a Nations cup goal, yet he is ever present in the National team, how do u explain this ?  undecided

Defensively Etuhu is better than Olofin and Ayila ? u are sick, my friend ! u need to see ur shrink !!!  angry

I mentioned APAM & SHITTU not being paired together, not even their abilities . . .u can pair Yobo with another player, U CANT REPLACE A YOBO THATS THE CURRENT ON-FIELD CAPTAIN AND CHANGE UR CB PAIRINGS ALTOGETHER . . .THATS A RECIPE FOR FAILURE . . .do u know about sports management at all ?

APAM isnt my ideal kind of CB, RB yes . . .but as a CB he is too agressive and commits too many fouls for a CB . . .SODJE will do better for me even on the long run, UDOH is another option . . .what of Joshua of Baba Tella's team ? and yes ! ADELEYE is the best defender we have followed by Shittu !

Yusuff's recovery rate for defender isnt too bad, but he is not as good as Adefemi and surely Ordia is the best we have . . . Amodu sill try to discover am (Yusuf) whichever way u wan look am !

Mr Oga, are u saying ur best player cant be on the bench to turn things around a la Sani Emmanuel ? NSOFOR IS THE FUTURE OF NAIJA FOOTIE !!!

I dey shame to even dey reply u sef  embarassed
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2010
its irrelevant what u think I am smoking or consuming   Yakubu is one of the most consistent players Nigeria ever had, has he been scoring goals ? yes ! has he been too good ? maybe no ! who do u replace him with ? ENERAMO ?

Guy use your brain !!!  

Owen despite looking way past his prime cant be overlooked in selecting the National team, neither can Heskey be discarded, do I NEED TO REMIND U THAT your PAST PERFORMANCE FOR A TEAM COUNTS  what is the meaning of experience ?

Kanu has never scored a Nations cup goal, yet he is ever present in the National team, how do u explain this ?

Serously, u need help. I really want to know what you're smoking cos it's obviously affecting your eyesight and sense of judgement. In Henry's last season at Arsernal there was a stat that came out and said Yakubu was the 2nd highest goal scorer in the last 4 previous seasons after Henry. This is probably true but has he transferred this his goal scoring prowess to the national team? The answer is a capital N & O - NO and based on current form Eneramo is far better so YES- I'll pick Eneramo over him anytime ,anyday cos unlike Yakubu he's a better nodder of the ball, is more imposing and  has more presence in the box,  and  still has that zeal to improve and do well in his career unlike Yabuku who feel or thinks he has arrived. Having said this, I have come to the realization that he's a bit over-rated but he's definitely better than your cherished Aiyegbeni. The below in italics is the reason why the Tunisans wanted to naturalize him before he was called up and fielded by Nigeria. It was written by a tunisian journalist BTW, Mr dimwit grin tongue

Eneramo has quality, there’s no doubt about it. His physicality, body control, and ball coverage are top notch and we’re missing his type of hold up play in our attack. His four goals in six games this season and sixteen in thirty six games all time for Esperance are proof of his lethality in front of goal and that isn’t counting the ones he creates by his mere presence in the box.

Which past experience for Nigeria are you talking about in regards to Aiyegbeni? Owen and Heskey are still as fit as a fiddle, possess speed and play with passion unlike our fat yakubu. Experience shouldn't come at the expense of fitness and form. As per kanu - He'ss obviously way past his prime and is only hanging on cos he wants to go to the world cup. The guy should have retired at least 2 years ago.

Defensively Etuhu is better than Olofin and Ayila ? u are sick, my friend ! u need to see your shrink !!!
I repeat Dickson Etuhu is better than Seyi Olofinjana in the primary job of marking, defending and breaking up opposing attacks. You should heed your own advice and see a shrink, Mr dimwit grin tongue Oh, and try reduce your consumption of garrium sulphate and correct your eyesight too.

I mentioned APAM & SHITTU not being paired together, not even their abilities . . .u can pair Yobo with another player, U CANT REPLACE A YOBO THATS THE CURRENT ON-FIELD CAPTAIN AND CHANGE your CB PAIRINGS ALTOGETHER . . .THATS A RECIPE FOR FAILURE . . .do u know about sports management at all ?

APAM isnt my ideal kind of CB, RB yes . . .but as a CB he is too agressive and commits too many fouls for a CB . . .SODJE will do better for me even on the long run, UDOH is another option . . .what of Joshua of Baba Tella's team ? and yes ! ADELEYE is the best defender we have followed by Shittu
!

See this ode sef.  Didn't Amodu play without Yobo in the friendly against France? And didn't the central defenders hold their own against a star studded France attack of Anelka, Ribery and co? I know you'll come back and tell me friendlies are different from competitions. Your contention that Yobo can't be benched cos he's the on-field captain is not only pathetic and laughable. Seriously you be M-U-M-U. So if Yobo starts a game and is not playing well and is struggling, he shouldn't be substituted cos this will change the central defence pairing all together ehn? The fact is Yobo is lazy, prone to errors and clearly unfit to be captain. He doesn't even control and marshall the defence, his primary costituency talkless of the entire team. . Yobo is even too cautious for my liking. It was this over-cautiousness that made him raise his hands up when he should have tackled and allowed Solomon Kalou to waltz his way thru' our defence and score in our match against Cotedevoire in Ghana 2008. He did the same thing in the 2006 WC qualifing match against in Angola in Luanda when he was marking Fabrice Akwa . He allowed the guy to turn and shoot and score against us. E don tey wey Yobo don dey F.u!c.k up for SE. Enough is Enough!! We don't need his type of defending in the SE. Like ow11 said ' Yobo is a disgrace to all zealous and valiant men who wear the arm bands for their countries'

I'm still waiting for you to come and tell me how many fouls Apam committed at the Olympics game or the few games he's played for the S.E. He was unrefined going to the 2005 WYC but the short time he's spent playing in France has made him a more cautious and better defender.

Yusuff's recovery rate for defender isnt too bad, but he is not as good as Adefemi and surely Ordia is the best we have . . . Amodu sill try to discover am (Yusuf) whichever way u wan look am !

No argument from me on this. I agree with you.

Mr Oga, are u saying your best player cant be on the bench to turn things around a la Sani Emmanuel ? NSOFOR IS THE FUTURE OF NAIJA FOOTIE !!!
I dey shame to even dey reply u sef

No but I'm of the opinion a Coach should always start with his best 11 players on the pitch. It gives them more time to play and perform in the match. A player may be brought in and not have enough time to perform in a game. Imagine a France not starting with Zidane when he was still playing or Argentina restricting Messi to starting from the bench. If dem lose that would be the 1st point of criticism. If these players do not perform they can then be substituted

You be confirmed ODE & M.U.M.U I swear. grin shocked tongue  My advice to you to stick to commenting on European club football still stands.
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by snakova(m): 6:20pm On Jan 16, 2010
See as benin wan kill us. chei, and someone still wan amodu to take us to WC
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 8:32pm On Jan 16, 2010
snakova:

See as benin wan kill us. chei, and someone still wan amodu to take us to WC
You be MUMU. Did Benin come and sell groundnut in Angola? All these beer parlour analysts sef. tongue

Where is that slowpoke called Dr 'Dimwit' Kitaun sef? I see the guy has run into hiding grin grin
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by semid4lyfe(m): 9:44pm On Jan 16, 2010
Sag, stop to dey answer all these small boys wey no sabi ball jare. Dem think sey Benin come sell pure water for Angola and dem no come play ball. Make we dance small jare. grin grin

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDtCvClh4yM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="[/flash]
Re: My Reasons Why Amodu Should Remain Super Eagles Coach by Sagamite(m): 10:44pm On Jan 16, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Sag, stop to dey answer all these small boys wey no sabi ball jare. Dem think sey Benin come sell pure water for Angola and dem no come play ball. Make we dance small jare. grin grin

Imagine an ediot that is saying Egyptian players must be poor because they play in Egyptian league?

People that know nothing about football.

Another mooron thinks every coach must stand up to shout. Those are the kind of foools we have in Nigeria that think the best person for a job is the one that displays the highest number of qualifications.

The kind of foools that think anyone that has a Phd is a fountain of intelligence. Nchara on NL with his Phd shows how dumb some people with Phd can be.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Mexico: Olympic Football Final (1 - 2) On Saturday August 11 2012 / EA Sports Releases FIFA '23 Rankings Ahead Of Women's World Cup / Which Of These Records Is HARD To Break Or Unbreakable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.